Chapter 3

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

There we are, in the middle of BK, surrounded by our curious and sceptical friends. I didn’t expect them to be here, I thought they’d be somewhere in the city so how tf did they end up in a fastfood restaurant at a side road.

„So, mind to explain Park Sae?“, Nayeon asked me and crossed her arms as the others followed her doing by crossing their arms too. Everyone except for Mina. Our eyes met and I could see the disappointment in her eyes. I have to do something real fast.

«Uh uhm so we’re just frie-»

«We’re engaged», the foreign girl in front of me said out loud. I looked at her in despair. Shuhua this is not the time for this why tf did you do that.

«W-what?!», both groups shouted, making everyone who enjyoed their delicious burger look in our direction.

«C-can we go outside? People are staring ! »

The atmosphere got even more intense as we stepped out. Shuhua was standing in front of me, with her group of friends behind her just as I was with mine. This must look like a scene out of a movie. Barbie meets her dark side or something like that.

« Yeh Shuhua, what you said before, is that true ? », one of her fellows asked in a serious tone.

«Ye-»

«It was a joke!», I shouted, hoping they’d believe me.

«Huh a joke?», Jihyo said. Her tone made me freeze, these girls are not buying it aren’t they..

«Then what are you guys? Didn’t you tell us she was a creep?», another one of her friends said.

«A creep?! Our Sae isn’t a creep ! That’d be your friend for sure», Sana responded.

« What did you say ? », they were now in front of each other, leaving me and Shuhua out at the side of this whole mess.

« Hey..what are we gonna do now ? They don’t seem to get along one tiny bit», I whispered to Shuhua.

« Leave this to me, I got this »

« Wtf no you’ll ruin it again », I said but she already stepped in between them.

« I’m dating her, so y’all better stop messing around now», I facepalmed myself at her remark. This is not how you’re supposed to save this Shuhua…

« Dating ?! », both groups shouted. I guess it’s to late to step back this lie now, I better act along or else it will be a disaster.

« Y-yeah we’re kinda dating »

« Yah Park Sae, why didn’t you tell us, Jeongyeon said.

« Same goes for you Yeh Shuhua, why didn’t you tell us ? »

« We just started dating okay, y’all chill your asses it’s nothing big», Shuhua’s getting annoyed.

«Hmm», they looked at us in a sceptical way.

«We gotta go haha», I grabbed Shuhua’s wrist and made my way to my motorcycle. As we got on I looked at Minas direction for one last time. She had this look on her face where you could tell how pissed she was. It seemed to affect her more than I thought..well she’s one of my best friends so I guess it’s only natural for her to react this way. Little did I know it wasn’t the case at all..

 

Shuhua’s pov:

That whole mess ruined my meal. Why did they all show up at the same spot on the same time and now I have to act like I’m dating this mess. Sae dropped me off at my house as I get down the vehicle.

« You think itw as alright to lie to them?», she asked.

«Wasn’t really a lie, I mean we’re engaged, we just didn’t tell them everything right?»

«Well true…but why did you just went off and tell them we’re dating?»

«Look we will have to spend more time together in the future, doesn’t matter if you want it or I want it, we have to. And they’d find out sooner or later anyway. Saying we’re just friends will make them even more suspicious as we’d be together a lot so yeah»

«Hmm makes sense»

«You’re even more stupid than I thought you’d be»

«YAH don’t mock me how tf should I’ve known what you were thinking»

«s t u pi d», I said and went in, leaving an annoyed Sae outside.

«Oh Shushu you’re early, how was your day? Have you eaten yet?», my mom asked me as soon as I stepped in.

« Yeah I did and, my day was a mess», I responded and went up to my room.

I let myself sink in my bed. Is this a punishment? What did I do wrong? Why can’t I just live peacefully without anything gettin in my way ?

 

Minas pov :

« Whats wrong my dear ? You barely touched your food », my father asked me as we were having dinner.

«Nothing dad, I’m just tired», I responded, not meeting his eyes.

«You sure?», my mom joined.

« Yes, I’ll go up in my room and rest a bit, thank you for the meal», I said and went straight to my room. Thinking back at the incident that happened today made me lose my apetite. Sae’s dating someone huh ? It’s nothing to be surprised about..She’s tall, caring, goodlooking and kind. She has that protective aura around her that makes you want to run into her arms as soon as you see her. She’s always here for you when you need her, she has her heart at the right spot, no one could ever resist her..me incluced. I wrapped my face into my hands. What was I even thinking? How could I think that Sae will be at my side forever? I’ve always been a shy girl, I always knew my place and kept myself calm. It was in my blood to be suspicious of everything and everyone. But ever since I met Sae, I learned to open up, she showed me the world I couldn’t see. And as soon as I could realize, I started to have feelings for her, feelings I couldn’t understand at first but now, after what I’ve seen and heard, I’m sure of it.

I’m in love with Sae.

But it was too late, she’s dating that girl. How did they meet? How did they start dating? How could she chose someone from handam? Out of all schools, why handam? My head started to hurt the more I think about it. This won’t get me anywhere..

 

Sae’s pov:

The next morning started like always. I picked up Shuhua and dropped her at her school like I did the last two times. This time however, wem ade sure tob e a bit earlier so I won’t have to face her friends, luckily they didn’t show up at school yet. Now they challenge, I have to face my own group. And as expected they ran me over with questions as soon as I arrived.

« So ? », Momo said.

« So what ? »

« We need more details. How did you guys meet ? How did it started ? and more »

«Look guys I don’t have the nerves to explain everything now.. »

« We wanna meet her again.»

«W-what why???»

«Weh ave to make sure our Sae isn’t dating a psychoo ??? I mean we saw her uniform sae, she’s from handam high right?»

«Y-yeah..?»

«Ffs Sae out of all schools in seoul, you choosed someone from handam high asH A N D A M? You must be out of your mind », Nayeon said. Well as expected. I had the same thought when I first met Shuhua.

«That’s why, let us meet her again», Chaeyoung said. I sighed as the others nodded along Chaeyoungs remark. But I had to agree, they won’t stop until they get what they want anyway, I know them too well.

« I wanna meet her too», a familiar voice said. I looked over and met the eyes of Mina.

«I wanna know what kind of person she’s like, we’re friends after all, I have to make sure she’s a good one», Mina said. Ouch, that hurted, like I’m glad she cares..but dude my crush wants to get to know the girl I’m *dating*…

«Woah Mina gave her statement, that’s rare», Dahyun joked.

«True, see Sae? We’re serious!», Tzuyu said.

«Ugh fine, but promise me something. Don’t scare her ! Don’t mock her! And especially Momo, Sana, Dahyun and Nayeon, don’t make fun of her!», I said and too out my phone ready to text Shuhua. But that witch read my mind again as we both sended the same text at the same time.

*My friends want to meet you*

God, this day can’t get worse can it..

Lmao it did. We gathered at the park nearby. Shuhua was sitting beside me as our friends splitted in groups. They were scanning each other from top to bottom.

The real deal is gonna start soon.