Chapter 5

End of the day

Minas pov:

Bae Irene, THE Bae Irene is standing in front of me and on top of that, she’s calling Sae baby??

«Babe it’s not what you think it is and also what are you doing here so late?!»

«I..I wanted to surprise you..but I guess I’m just disturbing you..»

«NO! No not at all, let me explain ! »

« Huuuh Babe ? Is she your fiancee your parents tole me about ? », Irene asked.

So she knows about Shuhua too? Then why is she calling Sae baby? Why is she here? Of all people why Bae Irene?

«Babe please sit down, I’ll explain, Joohyun put down that damn facemask I don’t want it and sit down too!», she said and sighed. Joohyun? I looked over to Irene. So her real name is Joohyun? Are they that close? I went to sit on the couch as Irene or better said Joohyun I guess, sat beside me, scanning me from top to bottom.

« Hmm not bad baby you got a hot one», she said, making me blush a bit.

«Shut up Joohyun», Sae sighed again.

« Look uhm Babe this is Bae Joohyun. I think you know her as Irene, as it’s her stage name. She’s a childhood friend of mine and yeah…she was here out of nowhere», Sae explained.

«What do you mean out of nowhere your parents said I gotta make sure you’re safe ! », she pouted and crossed her arms.

«Yeah whatever, joohyun this is Mina my girlfriend…she’s not my fiancee..»

«Wait hold up a minute, you wanna tell me that you have a fiancee AND a girlfriend ? SAE ! I never raised you to be a girl ! »

« Jooohyuuuun ! jesus let me explain first. My fiancee knows about Mina all good. We’re trying to cancel off this nonsense of marriage anyway ! »

« Jesus as soon as I was away for some month, you’re getting yourself a harem », Irene facepalmed herself and so did Sae at her remark.

« Uhm..may I also ask something?», I shily asked and raised my arm for them to notice me in case they couldn’t hear me. I got their attention and they both turned to face me.

« Why…why are you calling Sae baby…? Are you guys..what is your relationshipt to her ? », I gathered up my courage to ask.

« Heol I thought you’re gonna be super mad or something but you’re just super jelous aren’t you ? What if I say she is my affair ? », she smirked. I immediately looked at Sae.

« Joohyuuunnn ! », Sae knocked her head.

«Ouch! Fine sorry, bad joke. We’re just good friends. I basically raised this mess up to a decent young woman. Ah and I call her baby cause she’s basically my little baby I’ve been looking out after », Irene said and patted Sae’s head.

« See nothing to worry about babe », Sae turned to me and kissed my forehead. My body felt lighter as I heard both explaining the whole situation. Just 5mins ago, I was about to scream at both of them.

«Well I do have to admit that I crushed on you little baby Sae», Irene confessed. Sae blushed at the sudden confession.

«Jeez Joohyun you really know how to ruin the mood don’t you», she said and grabbe my hand.

«I guess you’re gonna stay overnight right ? Let’s go up to my room, you must be tired. »

I followed Sae to her room and we cuddled oursevles to sleep. I haven’t felt her warmth for such a long time, I really missed her.

 

Sae’s pov:

I woke up with Mina at my side. She looks cute when she sleeps. This feels so unreal, having someone like her by my side.

«Wake up babe, it’s time for you to go, your father’s waiting for sure», Mina groaned at my remark. It’s written all over her face that she doesn’t want to move at all. She cuddled herself into my arms and smiled when I hugged her back.

«I love you», she said.

« I love you too, you still gotta wake up babe », I said and got up to open the window, letting the fresh air in. Man the weather is great. After about 15mins of trying to wake up a sleeping penguin, Mina finally got ready to leave. We walked down the stairs to the kitchen as we saw 2 heads at the couch. It must be joohyun and…Shuhua ?!

« Uhm excuse me ? », I said. No response, they were too focused on playing mario kart together they didn’t even realize that 2 other people stepped into the same room as them.

« YAS I WON THERE YOU GO», Shuhua shouted and flicked Joohyuns forehead.

« YAH THAT WAS TOO HARD », Joohyun cried out and rubbed her own forehead.

«Tf are you guys doing? », I asked them. Both looked up.

«Woaah Sae you’re finally awake, after like 100 years», Shuhua joked and looked to Mina, «Oh you’re here too, good morning», she said and waved at Mina.

Mina however didn’t seem tob e amused to see Shuhua.

«Boah baby Sae I had such a rough morning. As soon as I got off someone opened the door and suddenly this girl stood there. I was so ready to fight her I thought she’s gonna rob this place», Joohyun explained.

«Yah I thought you’re the one who robbed this place», Shuhua snapped back.

«Whatever I got a cushion and was ready to fight here out!»

«There she goes, first of all who’s fighting with a cushion, this ain’t a pyjama party babrie», Shuhua’s broken korean fighted back.

«YAH don’t call me barbie! Whatever I found out that she’s your fiancee after some arguiring lmao», Joohyun said and laughed.

«And how tf did you guys ended up playing mario kart?!»

«Well to kill some time, you slept like a baby so we thought we gonna have some fun», Joohyun explained and patted my head.

«Yeah right», Shuhua agreed and patted my head too, just harder as she always does.

Mina went past me and putted on her shoes. She has been quite ever since we came downstairs.

« Was nice to see you guys, have a nice day », she said to the Tom and Jerry couple. She stared at Shuhua for some time, making the foreign girl confused before going out. I followed her to the entrance.

« Is something the matter babe ?», I asked. You could feel the tense atmosphere that has been around just now. Soemthing is not right, something’s off.

«I don’t like it»

«Huh?»

«I don’t like it when you’re with Shuhua», she finally said.

«But babe…she’s just a friend »

«Just a friend huh ? »

« I didn’t do anything much that’d make you have trust issues with that didn’t I ? »

« No you didn’t but I just hate it. I hate knowing that you’re with her, I hate to see you being so close with her and now even Bae Irene? It’s frustration Sae», she said and went straight to her car. I was too slow to react..I didn’t know she felt like this why didn’t she tell me sooner…

«You really gonna let her go like this?», I jumped up in surprise as Joohyun talked.

« Oh god you surprised me. What should I have done ?»

«I don’t know maybe running after her or something?»

«Would that help?»

«Hmm I see I see, interesting», Joohyun said.

«Huh what?»

«You don’t feel the need to run after her? Are you sure you’re in love with her ? Or do you just fancy her ? »

« I..I love her but..I mean I didn’t do anything wrong did I ? », asked and looked down.

My whole mood got destroyed and it’s not even 10am yet. Why are things always so complicated..

« SAE ! », Shuhua screamed from the bathroom.

I ran towards her. Did she slipped or something ? Maybe a spider? I opened the door.

«What’s the matter what’s up?!», I asked a bit out of breath. Shuhua was standing at the sink, pointing tot he mirror. I looked at it. There was nothing.

«What’s up? I don’t see anything »

« What do you mean you don’t see anything ?! » ,she frowned.

« Huh wtf Shuhua I don’t get it »

« Don’t you see that ? », she said and pointed at herself, «It’s and angel in real life!»

Goddamn this girl, I facepalmed myself.

« HAHAHA », she laughed at her own joke and I gave up, I laughed too, this damn girl is just soemthing else. But she did make my mood go up a bit. Her confidece and stupidness is a fusion that makes you crack up whenever she talks lmao.

« And who’s that then ? », I played along and pointed at myself in the mirror. She suddenly got serious and looked at my reflexion for a long time.

«The girl I’m gonna marry », she finally said.

« H-huuh ?? », I said and looked at Shuhua.

« Joke HAAH GOT YA », she shouted and ran out to Joohyun.

« SuSaN ??? », I said and got myself a cushion, « Come here, let’s play », I said as creepy as I could.

« YAH NO JOOHYUN HELP HELP », Shuhua begged but Joohyun just ignored our overdramatic asses and went to get some juice while I’m giving Shuhua a hard time.

After our fight and my obvious victory we discussed what to do.

« What are the members doing?», Shuhua asked.

«Busy with work as they’re preparing to take over after graduation, what about your people?»

«Hmmm Miyeon and Soojin are on a double date, the rest are working on some music »

« Huuuh double date huuuh ? », I smirked.

« Yep, the dudes better be good or else Imma smack their asses», she said. Joohyun, who was listening to the whole conversation bursted into laughter at Shuhuas broken korean remark.

«Hey don’t die here I don’t know how to deal with a corpse», I joked.

«Tzz I’ll never die», she said.

«How about going to the city, let’s do some shopping, wanna tag along Joohyun?», I asked.

«Hmm nah I’ll stay, people will stare if you have me with y’all you know. I don’t wanna stand out too much and it will be a pain in the for both of you»

«You sure?»

«Yep, I will stay here, I have to get up early anyway, I’m leaving for japan tomorrow»

«Woah but you just arrived », I pouted.

« Awee already missing me ?? », she smirked,

«Nvm bye lmao», I said and walked towards the door.

«Babe you comi-», I covered my mouth. Shuhua stood there, mouth open.

«s-sorry uhm relfex..»

«N-no worries», she said and grabbed her car keys.

«I’ll drive today let’s go».

I ended up spending the whole day with Shuhua. From getting some lunch to playing at the arcade, watching a movie and walking along the han river. She made me totally forget about Mina. Not once did my mind crossed the name of my girlfriend, that’s how much fun I had with the foreign girl. We got along pretty well and even better with every minute passing by.

«Wanna get something to eat?», Shuhua asked and looked down to her watch. It’s already past 7pm as we finished our walk.

«Sure thing, let me text Joohyun first if she wants to tag along », I said and took out my phone. I haven’t looked at it ever since we went out, it’s been some hours now. I hope joohyun didn’t call me. But that wasn’t the case, the one who called me multiple times was Mina. Joohyun however wrote me a long as text.

 

*Baby Sae, hope you’re having fun. Something came in between and I had to leave sooner than expected. I left the key behind the flowers near the door. Sorry that I couldn’t say bye in person but I’ll come back soon and then we gonna have fun aka imma finally put on a facemask on your face hehehe. And also, Sae, listen to your heart okay? I saw how you looked at Shuhua and I saw how you looked at Mina, but even more how you looked at me. Of course you love me the most no one can beat me HAAHAHA lamo. Anygays, listen to your heart and make a wise decision. I don’t think you know what you really want yet.*

 

With love, your Joohyun aka the best one you ever met

 

What the actual…what does she mean by that?

«Hey how about we go to your place and make some food, I found a good recipe for carbonara », Shuhua smiled brightly. Man okay I admit she’s cute.

«Sure, but Joohyun just left. Something came in between »

« Oh maaaan I wanted to crush her again at mario kart!»

«Haha dumb head, next time maybe », I said and patted her head.

«Yeah she better be prepared, almighty Susan is gonna win!», she jumped in excitement like a child. I smiled.

«Thank you for today, I really had fun», I said and hugged her.

«W-why are you being so cheesy suddenly», she shily said as I let go.

«Awee are you blushiiinggg???»

«Shut up bean sprout let’s just go already.»

We arrived at my place as we were about to go in my phone rang. I looked down at the name popping out oft he screen.

Mina

As bad and evil as I may sound..I didn’t feel like picking up. I felt like if I do so, my whole mood is gonna get crushed again. I do miss her now that I’ve seen her name but..I decided to ignore her call for now and text her later.

Little did I know, Mina’s been waiting near my house, watching me ignoring her calls. Little did I know, that a fire broke out inside of her.

Things only got worse from here on.