End

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

The two groups of ours went to the hospital, visiting an injured old and maybe guilty friend. No one knows what’s gonna happen from now on, no one even dares to imagine what the penguin would explain, everyone had their hopes down that something good would come out of . Too many things happened, many things that are difficult to explain, many things that were hurtful to others, many things that aren’t right. But here we are, standing in front of her bed, giving her a chance to talk.

«How are your injuries?», Sana asked her fellow japanese member worried.

«Don’t worry, they’ll heal soon», Mina said in a quiet tone. The Twice members were obviously worried for their fellow, which is understandable. As for the G-idle members, they stood there, arms crossed with judging faces. Mina made them get kicked out of school and even had 2 of them arrested, of course they’d be hella mad. If it’s not for Shuhua, who convienced them to hear Mina out, they wouldn’t be here.

«Mind to explain, if there’s even anything to explain?», Soojin said in a cold tone. Everyone could hear the anger in her voice. Mina sat up and looked at both of her hands. It took a few moments for her to collect her courage and talk.

«F-first of all I’m sorry for everything I’ve done and for every pain I’ve caused», she said which made the others laugh out a bit.

«If that’s all you’ve got to say, then just keep it to yourself», Miyeon snapped back, raising her voice for the second time today.

«Cmon let’s hear her out..», Momo said, trying her very best to protect her japanese friend. The others sighed as they agreed.

«I…I never loved you Sae..», she started again. This sentence would have break my heart if I heard it 2 months ago but now, after everything and after I realized my true feelings I just nodded along, waiting for her to go on.

«Our family business isn’t doing well as it did before lately. Eventho we’re still well off and my dad tries is best to keep it steady, mother saw it as danger. The only way she could provvde security for her own wealth was to marry me off with someone rich and that was you Sae. She knew that you’re engaged, she knew it but she still convienced me to steal you away. I’ve always seeked my mothers love ever since I was little..I thought this could be the chance for me to prove that I’m worth it. I thought maybe this way..she’d finally look at me..telling me I’m doing a good job and that she loves me. I’m sorry that I lied to you for my own purpose. It’s true I made you guys get kiicked out of school…», she said and looked at the G-idle members. They were still crossing their arms, feeling a bit uneasy not knowing what else Mina has to hide.

«I got you all get kicked out because I knew…I knew how powerful my mother is, I knew that once she finds out about you guys being friends with my *rival* she’d do even worse things, so before that could happen, I tried to erase your existence in that school. But in the end, she still found out and wanted to kidnapp you so I tried my best to come up with a plan..I thought when the 2 of you were in a police station for whatever reason, you’d be at least under control and my mother wouldn’t dare to do anything. I never knew she’d get you arrested for real, she took over everything I tried to somehow protect you guys..I didn’t know..it would turn out this way..I couldn’t find a solution anymore, I lost sight of everything. And when I tried to convience my mother to stop, she snapped and beated me up. That’s when you guys came in…», Mina finished up with teary eyes. She couldn’t face any of at this point. The embarassement was too much.

«Mina..why..why didn’t you ask us for help? We could’ve figure something out!», Chaeyoung said. It hurted the twice members seeing their fellow like this. Now knowing what she’s been through made them frustrated and sad. All this time, when they had fun, whenever they made memories, Mina went through all this alone.

«I didn’t want any of you to get involved..I was afraid she’d take you away from me. All I have in my lonely life, was you guys..»

«Mina..», murmbled. Everyone stood still, shocked by the ugly and sad truth about this situation, no one dared to say something, no one but Shuhua. The foreing girl walked towards the bed and hugged a surprised Mina.

«You should’ve told us! If you love your friends, you should trust them! Friendship is so much more than just having good and innocent memories. Through all bad ones, we all learn and grow! Let us know when you’re not doing well, when somethings on your mind, when you feel like you’re going insane, your voice…it makes a difference!», she said. I raised my eyebrows, just as others did. Everyone was shocked by the fact that Shuhua’s vocabulary had such meaningful words in it.

«I’m..so sorry», mina broke down in tears. She thought she could handle it alone, since she’s always been alone. Twice joined the group hug.

«Minaaariiiii», Sana and Momo cried out and hugged her.

«We will keep a better eye on you from now on, don’t even dare to hide something from us again!», Nayeon sobbed and the others nodded their heads in sync. I looked over to the others. They stood in a cirlce, still having their arms crossed as they listened to what Soyeon says. It must be difficult for them to accept her apology, since they’ve been through a roller coaster ride but…

«We accept your apology», Yuqi and Minnie said at the same time.

«Just..whatever happens again, please speak up, we will also try to help you whenever we can», Soyeon added.

«Don’t even try to do things alone again», Soojin said.

«And…thank you for protecting us», Miyeon softly said and smiled.

Ahh there we go again, as soon as Mina stopped crying they made her cry again. Shuhua came over to me.

«Didn’t expect a happy end to happen», she said and leaned her head on my shoulders.

«Hmh same», I said and locked eyes with Mina. I felt the guilt in her eyes for lying to me and using me.

«Mina, it’s alright. Don’t blame yourself. It happened and forgive you. At the end of the day, you were a great experience in my life, thank you so much», I said and smiled at her.

 

5 years have passed ever since the abnormal experience in our lifes. Mina’s mother had been behind bars ever since the judge planned her guilty. As for Mina, it’s been proven that she’s innocent in everything and only got used for small acts in the crime her mother committed. She’s been building up a better relationship with her father ans it seems to work out well. G-idle worked their asses up and are now employes the companies from some Twice members. It’s the first time ever that people from Handam high got accepted in several of koreas best and leading companies.

Miyeon worked for Sana, in the cosmetic industrie.

Minnie and Soyeon got a place in Dahyun’s company as producers for the music industry.

Soojin got accepted in Momo’s dance company as a leading future dance teacher.

Yuqi went to work for Tzuyu as her secretary as the youngest member already took her fathers position.

We’ve all been busy with our and our own lifes and couldn’t see each other often but that’s alright. The incident 5 years ago made our bond even stronger. As for Shuhua and I, we asked our parents to cancel the marriage. I don’t want to marry Shuhua just because I have the chance to, as it’s agains my moral of life. I want it to work out because we both put an effort to it, because WE both want to. But for now, we’re just good friends, or better kinda friends with benefits  (not in a ual way you nasty readers lmao).

We focus on our own life and i fit works out, it will. Destiny should play a big part in this.

«I’M BACK BABY», Joohyun barged in my house making everyone jump up in surprise. We just found some time for a gathering and to my surprise everyone made it, even Nayeon who’s probably the most busy one of us.

«W-what the why are you all here», Joohyun said, still standing at the door with her suitcase. It’s been a year since I last saw her, she’s been busy as ever.

«Yaaaaah joohyuuuun, play mario kart with meee», Shuhua shouted and dropped everything she had in her hands just a second ago and ran up to joohyun, playfully kicking her.

«YAH you little rascal let me put away my suitcase first!», joohyun fighted back.

«As lively as ever huh?», Mina smiled.

«Shuhua you ain’t a child anymore let the granny at least take off her shoes», I joked as joohyun glared at me the second I ended my sentence.

«Yah Park Sae who are you calling granny», joohyun took off one of her shoes and walked up to me. Uh-Oh, big mistake.

«Come here my baby, lemme teach you a lesson», she said and gave me an evil smile.

«Jesus you guys never change», Soojin facepalmed herself.

«It’s cute this way», Miyeon said.

«How is this cute, Sae is basically getting beaten up», Nayeon looked over to me.

«Well, it’s Sae, she’s gonna survive for sure», Tzuyu responded to Nayeons remark.

«Uhm, Joohyun is getting the baseball bat…», Sana spoke up too.

«H-Huh?!», they all chanted and looked over as I ran around the kitchen followed by a furious joohyun. That’s when I slipped and fell down.

«Hehehehe no escape anymore sweetie», she said and came closer. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for some serious beat up from the almighty Irene Bae. But instead, I felt a small peek on my cheeks. I opened my eys and saw Joohyun smirking at me before looking over at a specific someone.

Shuhua stood there, frozen and furious. Oh god no, cmon I can’t handle another mad woman.

«YAH GET OFF HER», Shuhua shouted and joohyun ran away laughing her off.

«Get me when you can», Joohyun said and stuck out her tongue as they continued bickering around. Everyone sighed, it’s just like always whenever Joohyun visits. Just the Dahyun and Yuqi stood up and started a pillow fight. I can already see the mess they’re gonna create.. Never the less, they’re grateful for every moment we’re able to share with each other.

Cause at the end of day, we all have each other, and that’s what matters