Chapter 6

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

Shuhua and I made ourselves comfortable at my place. She cooked some Carbonara which were surprisingly better than anything she ever tried to cook besides cakes. After such a long and tiring yet fun day I spent with the foreign girl, I felt myself getting sleepy.

«Tired?», Shuhua asked me as I did the dishes.

«Yeah a bit»

«There are still some left overs, want me to pack it? You could bring some for Mina», she said. A wave of guilt hit me as I heard her name. My girlfriend, the one I decided to ignore for today as we had another argument this morning, must be worried or angry that I never picked up her endless calls. But what can I do? I don’t know if any of you guys ever felt that way in a relationship, but with ever fight we share, the less I start to care. Especially when it’s about nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mina but it’s alway about the same thing we fight about and I’m getting tired of it. I can’t just ignore Shuhua either just because she wants me too, I’m engaged to that girl ffs.

«Yeah sure, pack some», I said and took out my phone. She didn’t call again, maybe she’s really angry this time. I probs ed up..

«Are you going home tonight?», I looked over to Shuhua who’s sitting on the couch, eating some coconut ice cream.

«I don’t know maybe, why?»

«You could stay, but I’m going over to Mina real quick», I said and grabbed the carbonara box before putting on my shoes.

«You’re gooing to her place? At this time? Did something happen?»

«Hmm not really, we just had a small fight, nothing to worry about», I said and patted her head before leaving. I arrived at Minas house and took a final deep breath before ringing the doorbell. The door opened and in front of me stood Mrs. Myoui.

«Oh Sae, what brings you here?»

«I-uhm I wanted to see Mina real quick and bring some good food since she’s been working hard in the company», I straight up lied to her.

«Sure, I think she’s still awake. She will be happy to see you, her mood’s pretty down», she said and stepped aside to let me in. I felt even more guilty as I heard her own mother saying she’s not doing well..this is my fault..

«Thank you, I won’t stay long», I said and walked up the stairs to Minas room. So Sae, get your together and make up with her. I knocked on the door.

«Yes?», I heard her soft voice on the other side calling out to me.

«Mina it’s me..», I said and heard her footsteps. She opened the door and I could already feel her sad aura.

«Come in..»

I made my way to her bed and sat on the edge, looking at my girlfriend.

«I brought some carbonara», I said and gave it to her. She took it and left it in her table, facing me again as if she’s waiting for something.

«I’m…I am sorry for answering your calls babe, I didn’t look at my phone the whole day», I said. She just stood there, looking at me with dead eyes. Now that I took a closer look, her eyes were puffy, she’s been crying..

«Babe I’m really sorry», I said again and stood up to hug her. She took a step back, trying to get away from me.

«Babe..?»

«I saw you», she finally spoke up.

«I saw you with Shuhua, I saw you ignoring my calls on purpose, I was there the whole time!», she cried out and broke down in tears. I couldn’t move. This was not what I wanted. These weren’t my intensions. I never ever wanted to see the person I love ending up hurt because of me. I kneeled down and hugged her. She tried to get away again but I’m not letting go this time.

«Babe, I’m sorry. I can explain»

«Explain what? That you’re having more fun with your fiancee than me?»

«Babe please listen…I never wanted to hurt you, I’m serious. But..we’ve been fighting too much over the same thing again and again. And you know I can’t ignore Shuhua, you know I’m still engaged to her and our parents expect us to hang out with each other. But, I choosed you babe, I wanted you because I love you. I really never looked at my phone today and as I saw that you’re calling, I ignored it, I will be honest I really ignored it. Because I’m a coward who always runs away from problems instead of facing it. But I realize now, that if I continue, I will hurt you more and more and I don’t want that. Please forgive me..let’s work this out together..».

There was silence. Mina didn’t say move and say anything at all. She just sat there, looking down on her hands as tears fell into it.

«Do you love me?», she said and finally looked up. I felt chills all over my body as our eyes met. She had that serious and cold look in her eyes, a look I’ve never seen before.

«Yes I do», I finally responded and suddenly she changed her expressions to a smile.

«Let’s work this out together», she said.

Something is off. Something is bothering me but what is it, I can’t figure it out. After some small talk and her finally eating the carbonara I brought along I decided it’s the best for me to go now. It’s getting late and I left a foreign clueless young lion alone at my place.

«Do you have to go?», Mina asked with the cutest eyes ever.

«Yeah..Sh-, I mean I still got things to do», I lied again. I had too. After we finally made up and finally wanted to work things out with each other I couldn’t dare to mention Shuhua now.

«I will text you okay?», I said and kissed her forehead before leaving. On my way home, I felt my heart sinking. As if I did something I shouldn’t have. Maybe I felt guilty for lying to her again but what should I’ve done? If I mentioned Shuhua at that moment, she’d get angry again for sure. I gotta make sure that I spent less time with her first before mentioning her again. I arrived home and went to search for the young lion.

«Shuhua!», I shouted.

«Yes??», she shouted back. Seems like she’s in the guest room. I knocked.

«Can I come in?»

«Sure Sure», she said and I opened the door. Shuhua was sitting on the bed, already in pyjamas and probably also ready to sleep. She looked so fluffy in comfortable clothes like these I thought but punched myself right away afterwards. Get your together Park Sae, what was that about! I just made up my mind not long ago!

«Seems like you’re getting crazier as day goes by huh?», she said.

«Tz shut up I’m just….trying to get a fly»

«Lmao if you say so bean sprout»

«Why do you keep calling me bean sprout anyway»?

«Idk it suits you, you remind me of one cause you’re tall, white skin and when I first met you, you had blonde hair», she said.

«Lmao now that you say it, we know each other for quite a long time now»

«Are 3 months long for you???», she laughed.

«Well, time passed by fast, I never knew we’d get this close to each other»

«How close?», she asked and leaned forward to me. The gap between us got closer and it seems like she’s not gonna stop moving anytime soon. She was right in front of me, our nose almost touched each other he looked into my eyes with a seductive gaze. My heart started racing as I saw the look in her eyes. I’ve never seen her face from so close up before and I’ve never seen this side or her either. Her gaze made me froze, I couldn’t move even if I wanted to but the real question is, do I wanna move away from her? Why am I not trying to resist this play of hers?

«Do you mean this close», she asked and hit her forehead against mine.

«OUCH!», I cried out and rubbed my forehad. Shuhua was laying on the bed, laughing her off.

«What was that about????», I said and frowned. This girl is playing games with meee!

«HAHAHAHA sorry bean sprout, I just couldn’t hold myself back», she said and continued laughing.

«You! Just wait I’m gonna yeet your !», I said and jumped into her, fighting with all my might to tickle the unarmed lion.

«HAHA STOP, HAHA BEAN SPROUT I’LL KILL YOU», she laughed more and tried to push me away as I grabbed both of her arms and pushed it down. Before I could even realize it, I was in top of her. Uh-oh this is awkward. She lookd at me still trying to catch her breath. I don’t know why but my body moved forward, I began to get closer to her.

«If you’re thinking of doing my joke I did before you’re not gonna success», she said. I didnt’ respond, my body was moving on it’s own.

«Sae..?», she said again, realizing the situation she’s in now. I stopped right in front of her, our nose touched each other and I finally realized what I’ve been doing. I looked at her, she’s..pretty..I thought to myself. She had her eyes fixed on mine, not trying to budge an inch and so did I when suddenly Mina came into my mind.

I quickly let go and stood up, turning away from Shuhua. I should be more careful, why am I being like this, I’m taken!

«It’s getting late, let’s get some sleep», I said, not daring to face her as I knew my face was not much different from a tomatoe right now. There was no answer. Shuhua didn’t make a sound.

«Shuhua?», I said as I turned around just to see that the little lion also got up and stood in front of me. She looks up, her hands locked in mine. Tiptoeing her feet as she got closer to my face.

«Shuhua what are yo-», her lips prevented mine form ending my sentence. She kissed me. Her soft round lips were playing are softly with mine. It was an intense yet, smooth kiss but it didn’t last long. She leaned back and stood there, arms behind her back. I covered my mouth in shock. What just happened.

«Sh-shuhua..why did you..», I could barely say a word. Her smile faded a bit.

«I thought I could be an egoist for once, I’m sorry bean sprout», she said and turned around making her way to her bed and covered herself with blankets.

«Let’s forget what just happened okay?», she said.

«I-I..how can I forget that?!»

«Well you’re a bean sprout you ain’t got a brain», she joked. The playful atmosphere was back.

«YAH I’m not stupid!», I said pouted.

«If you’re planning on staying here any longer then stay the whole night guarding the door but please turn off the lights lol»

«You!», I sighed and turn off the lights.

«Good night bean sprouts»

«Night Shushu»

«YAH DON’T CALL ME SHUSH-», I closed the door before she could finish and leaned against the door. Did this really happen..What am I suppose to do from now on..I thought and touched my lips.

 

Mina’s pov:

After Sae left I couldn’t stop thinking about everything we’ve talked about. I could feel her love for me decreasing there’s no doubt about it. I don’t wanna share her, I don’t wanna lose her…what should I do?

I looked out of the window. The moon was shining through the glas making the night clear. I know the source of her fading love and I know she’s too kind to say no, especially to Shuhua. Do what you want Sae, I’m not stopping you anymore because….

At the end of the day, you’re mine anyway.