Chapter 2

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

I’m engaged??

My mouth was wide open just as my eyes were as my dad and Mr. Yeh announced the oh so great news to us.

«Isn’t that lovely sweetie?», my mom let out and clapped again. I looked over to her and forced a smile.

«hahaha….yeahh?», I said and looked over to the girl in front of me. As expected her expressions were dark. It was written on her whole face how much she hated this idea. But before she could say something, Mrs. Yeh gave her a warning gaze.

After they left I went straight to the kitchen, confronting both, mom and dad.

«You can’t just marry me off to some stranger dad! Why did you let him do this mom??», I complained.

«Sweetie it’s the best for you and the companie! And Shuhua is a lovely pretty girl»

«But mom it ain’t love? I don’t even know her!»

«Exactly, give it a chance Sae, I think it will turn out well!», my dad said. I just sighed and went up to my room. This must be a nightmare. Me? Engaged? What a joke this can’t be real. I fell asleep with the thought of being forced into a marriage and woke up the next morning with some hope that it was all just a dream. Waking up was a pain, I felt weird but didn’t think much of it as I overslept a little and decided to skip breakfast and take a long shower instead. As I came down the stairs to get ready for school I saw my parents sitting on the couch, smiling as if they were waiting for me.

«Uhm..good morning? May I ask why you’re staring and smiling at me like a creep?», I asked them confused.

«Think of my words yesterday Sae, Shuhua is waiting for you outside», my dad said. W-wit tf no! It wasn’t a dream?! I groaned as I put on my shoes, not ready to open the door to see my fiancee.

«Have a nice day sweetie», my mom said and I swear I saw her smiling. Man why is this happening to me. I opened the door and saw the rude girl from yesterday waiting beside my motorcycle. Okay Sae, pull yourself together, let’s just be nice to her as you are with everyone.

«Hey good mor-»

«Hurry up I’m gonna be late for school», she cutted me off.

«Excuse me?»

«Your mom said you’ll drive me to school and pick me up afterwards too», she explained and putted on her helmet. I raised my eyebrows at her statement. Mom’s a sly one seriously. I got on and started the vehicle.

«What’s the name of your school?»

«Handam high», she said and grabbed into my school uniform as I drove off.

We arrived at her school. Handam high, also known for the school full of problematic children. I looked around and immediately saw the differences from Seoul high. The students here wore their uniform as they want, as long as they had their schoolname somewhere on their clothes the teachers will accept it. Everyone, legit everyone had colorful hair and they really look liked some punks straight out of an anime. I could smell cigarettes everywhere as many oft hem were smoking right in front of the school. I wonder why Shuhua would attend such a weird highschool. As she got off she placed her helmet in my hand and gave me her cellphone.

«What?», I asked her, still confused why she would hand me her phone out of nowhere.

«Your number. I have to contact you when I’m out so you can pick me up don’t I?», she said.

«O-oh yeah I guess..», I took her phone and saved my number in it beofre giving it back to her.

«Shushu!», someome shouted from behind. Both of us turned around to see an intimidating group walking towards us. They look like nothing but trouble. To my surprise, they were here to meet Shuhua. I guess they are her friends?

«Who’s that», a beautiful yet scary person said and looked at me.

«Just someone, no need to know, let’s go», Shuhua said and walked towards the entrance. All her friends gave me a weird look before turning their backs and follow Shuhua.

«This girl is really something», I sighed and drove off to Seoul high.

«Hey you’re later than usual», Mina caught me by surprise as I arrived and about to get off.

«Woah- y-yeah I overslept a bit», I said. She gave me a smile, the smile I’ve always loved.

«Let’s go the others are waiting», she said and grabbed my hands. This must be my lucky day, after everything that happened yesterday, god sended me good fortune lmao.

Class went by as always. Our group was loud and energetic as we always are so lessons ended in a blink of an eye. And as usual, they’re fighting over where to eat, AGAIN. I was about to join Mina at the side as usual as I felt my phone vibrating. It was a text form a unknown number.

*I’m done, pick me up*

That must be Shuhua I thought and looked at my friends. I didn’t wanna leave so I decided to ignore her but as soon as I had the idea to do so another text came in.

*I dare you to ignore me*

Wtf. Can this with read my mind or something?

«I gotta go», I said and putted on my helmet, ready to leave.

«HUH wtf Sae why? We were about to leave for the city», Dahyun pouted.

«Got some things to do»

«Don’t tell me you have a date», Nayeon joked. I avoided eyecontact with everyone. It’s not like it’s a date but I do gotta meet a girl.

«DO IT’S TRUE? YOU HAVE A DATE?!», they all chanted in sync exept for mina who was listening the whole time.

«N-no way me? A date? You’ve gotta be kidding me, I just need to run some errands form y mom hehe», I lied and drove off as fast as I could.

That was close. It’s not like I don’t want them to know but it’s just..I don’t accept this arranged marriage yet so I’ll still try to convince my parents otherwise. And I also don’t want Mina to know, imagine telling your crush you’re engaged like tf. The biggest reason of all would be the rest, I can hear their nagging and jokes already if they’d know. this I gotta get over with this whole ed up situation.

I saw Shuhua at the sideroad of her school, with her arms crossed. She seems mad fml I thought as I stopped right in front of her.

«You took ages to get here», she said.

«Sorry I had things to do too», I snapped back.

«Whatever, I’m hungry so let me get some food first», she commanded. I coulnd’t believe it, this is the girl I’m supposed to marry? This rude girl?

«What?», she said as I was looking at her for probably longer than I should’ve.

«Hm nothing, get on. What do you wanna eat», I asked, ready to drive off for some fancy restaurants as I knew this girl must be spoiled as well. Her parents are kind and they had lots of money so it wouldn’t be a surprise if she’s used to gourmet food.

«Let’s go for BK», she said. I looked back at her in confusion.

«BK? You sure??»

«Yeah why? Something wrong with one of my fav. Restaurants out there?». I shook my head. It’s not like it’s wrong but I never thought we’d end up in a fast food restaurant.

Well we actually did. Sitting in front oft he heir of Yeh industries, watching her eat the same about of food Momo eats is quite impressive. Is this girl human?

«Stop staring at me you’re creeping me out», she said in her broken korean accent.

«Well anyone would stare at you if they’d see the amount of food you’re eating dude»

«Don’t dude me, dude»

«You’re doing the same»

«Idc», she said. OFF this girl is getting on my nerves.

«May I ask why u attend Handam high?», I asked out of curiosity.

«Why do you care?»

«Well just asking. You must know as well that Handam doesn’t have a good name around the town.»

«Yeah and?»

«So why?», I asked again. She sighed and putted down her 3rd burger.

«Look let me be clear. I hate spoiled brats like you. I hate the rich thing and everything around it. Seoul high is full of wanna be rich kids showing off their parents money. I just don’t like it.», she explained. Hmm so this girl ain’t a spoiled one?

«But why Handam out of all high schools?»

«Cause my friends are there». She must be talking about those scary people who approached us this morning. Okay wait did she just called me a spoiled brat?

«Yah, I’m not spoiled», I felt the urge to explain myself.

«Is that so?», she asked in a skeptical tone. I pointed over at my motorcylce.

«I saved up myself to buy that baby», I proudly said.

«Hhmm not bad I guess», she said and ate her 5th and last burger.

After a while we got into a quite nice small talk. We share pretty much the same mindset about money which made it easier to talk to her.

Her broken korean accent always caught me off guard and filled the atmosphere full with laughter. Of course she wasn’t amused of me laughing at her korean but I guess she knew it was just for fun.

«Did you tell your friends about the engagement?», I asked her.

«Nah, I don’t wanna tell them, I think we are both on the same boat right now. You wanna cut off this whole too right? I think we can do it so no need to tell them»

«True, same here. Didn’t they ask you about me this morning?»

«They did but I just lied. I told them you were some creep who tried to hit on me so made you drive me to school lmao»

«Dude why did you make me a creep», I facepalmed myself and she laughed. This is the first time I saw a different expression from her exept of being annoyed, bored or angry. She actually looks cute when she smiles.

«Shushu», someone from the right said.

«Sae?», another one from the left said.

We both froze on spot as we recognize the voices calling our names. I looked at Shuhua as she also looked at me, as if she was praying that she was mistaken about the voice. Then she looked to the right while I looked to the left. This day can’t get any worse can it…

Shuhua’s friends were standing right next to our table while my group of people were staring at me from the other side of the table. Both of the goups slammed their hands on the table.

«Explain?!», they all said in sync.

Shuhua and I looked at each other.

We are ed, there’s no escape anymore.