Chapter 1

End of the day

Sae’s pov:

Life’s always been easy with me. I grew up in a loving, caring and wealthy family. Money was never a problem for us, yet my parents never spoiled me. I was raised to work for my money whenever I need some. Doesn’t matter if it’d be runninf errands form y mom, paperwork for my dad or helping our maids doing the chores around our house. I never understood the spoiled brats at my school who always brag about their new car when it’s so obvious that’s not from their money but their parents. But well, that’s how everyone lives their life different and that makes life so interesting.

My name’s Park Sae, I attend Seoul high, a privat school for rich children. I don’t wanna brag or something but I got quite a name there. 1st because my parents company is one of the leading companys in korea right now so I kinda got a high status or whatever they call it, I don’t really care. 2nd because I refuse to act all high and cocky like others in the same *level* as me. So I’m somewhat an outsider and somewhat not at the same time. I guess it’s thank to my status that I can live a peaceful life, really appreciate that tho, thanks mom, thanks that fort he hard work. And last but not least, Girls are more interested in me reather than those wanna be cool guys.

I gotta be honest I do have manly sides. It’s thanks to my dad. He always wanted a sons o as I came out it’s better than nothing right ? Lmao joke we love each other but he never treated me all too girly. He’d reather play soccer or basketball with me, taught me martial arts and boxing. I’ve been doing lots of sports because of him, so I’m pretty fit and because I started at such a young age, it helped my body grow taller than an average girl is in korea. Mom always got angry whenever we came back from playing soccer with dirty clothes and some bruises. She’d make him do the dished afterwards as a punishment but dad never stopped taking me out for some fun. I’m thankful that he took his time off for me cause nowdays he got busier, not that I’m complaining, more grateful he took his time for me, same with mom.

«Mom I’m out, see you later », I said and got out.

Reather than having a car, I saved up some money and bought myself a motorcycle a year ago. This is so much more fun than just driving around in a lame car anyway. Putting on my helmet and daash here I go. I arrived at school, just as always it’s 7:30am an half hour before class starts. The reason why I’m so early? Well eventho I hate the students here, I do have some people I call friends. They’re a group of 9 girls. Pretty well off girls but they’re nothing like the others. They’re humble and so down to earth compared to the rest. Okay wellt hey are a bit like spoiled but you’ll get used to it. Not everyone is like me just as I’m not like them. Anyways, they call themself Twice, the reason? I don’t know probably cause they’re twice the fun lol.

« Yaah finally you’re here, guess what Mina just turned down a confession », Sana said in excitement.

« Huuh ? someone actually has the guts to confess to our penguin », I laughed.

Let me introduce you :

Jiyho, the leader and probably the only one who has braincells in this group.

Nayeon, the eldest yet, the most childish one of all. Popular as hell cause she’s so easy to hang around with.

Jeongyeon, the charismatic one, a girl crush also a crackhead.

Dahyun, another damn crackhead, we call her tofu too cause her skin is so white.

Chaeyoung, the double crackhead alongside Dahyun, never put these 2 together in a group, it’ll end up as a disaster.

Tzuyu, the calm one, don’t let her beauty tell you otherwise, she’s the most savage one out here.

Momo, our dancing queen and soon to be mukbang star.

Sana, don’t let her cute side make you blind, she can be the most y one out here in a blink of an eye.

And lastly, our black swan Mina, the definition of elegance herself. But whenever she smiles, man she could light up the universe. For your information, even if it’s obvious, I’ve been crushing on this girl ever since I met her for the first time 2 years ago. We both were late for the entrance ceremony and ended up searching fort he right room together. That’s how we first met. Over the years we got to know each other more and more, the rest of the members joined us one by one and that’s how we are now. Never would I’ve thought I’d end up in a group of super popular people but well, it happened and I’m not complaining. They’re more than what meets the eye anyway.

«That guy took it way too far tho, he even went on his knees», Momo laughed her off.

«Hey that’s not nice you shouldn’t be laughing, he gave it his all», Nayeon said full of pride.

«Says the one who took thousands of pictures of him and laughed her of 5 mins earlier», Tzuyu added.

«H-hey that’s just in case he’ll do something stupid to our mina, you never know boys can be really dangerous!», Nayeon explained herself.

«Yeh yeh whatever, let’s go class is about to start », I said and took a glimpse at Mina, she looks beautiful like always, I thought for myself as she returned the glimpse and gave me a small smile. I quickly turned away by the sudden act of hers. Holy moly that was close, she almost saw me blushing.

School went by in a blink of an eye. We were about to discuss whenver we should go to Mc or BK, just as always. Those kids really never try to eat some healthy food do they. Discussions like these are nothing new, especially when it’s about food, you better not interrupt them they’ll turn into witches when you do. Mina and I stood at the side oft he whole chaos as we watched them playing rock scissors paper to finally decide what or where we’re going to eat.

«They really are always like this aren’t they», Mina suddenly said, breaking the silence that’s been surrounding us ever since they started fighting over where to get food.

«Y-yeah, haha», I tried to act cool. I never do that but as soon as I’m with Mina I’d do anything to not humiliate myself.

« Well it’s also a reason I cherrish them, they’re playful unlike me»

«What? No way you’re pretty funny to be around too Mina!», I bursted out. Mina got surprised at my sudden remark and quickly looked to the other side. No way, is she perhaps blushing? I tried to take a better peek at her face before-

«IT’S KFC TODAY!!», Dayhun suddenly shouted making Mina and me jump up.

«Suddenly Kfc?», I asked.

«Yes hehe let’s go», Jeonyeon said and walked to her car.

«I came with my driver today, can I be in anyone’s car?», Mina asked while raising her hand.

This is your chance Sae, get it cmon you damn pussycat say something before it’s too late.

«Ehm I’m with my motorcycle so if you don’t mind I could take you with me too», I said.

«I also have a free space in my car», Jihyo added.

« Hmm I’ve never rode a motorcycle so I guess I’ll join you for some experience », Mina said and smiled at me. Damn this must be my lucky day. I gave her a helmetand sat on.

«Hold on tight yeah?»

« O-okay », she said nervously.

We arrived at the KFC. The others already went in to get a table big enough for us, no better said for the food they’re gonna order soon.

«Yah you guys looked really cool on your bike, it was like in a scene of a movie »,Sana fangirled.

« Huh really ? », said.

« Yeah it looked like you were escaping from the police or something hahahha », Chaeyeong added.

« It was fun », Mina smiled. Yas, she liked it.

«The food’s hereeeee», Momo came followed by Jeongyeon and Tzuyu with a tablet full of food. Oh good here we go again. It’s crazy how much they eat despite the tiny body they have. It’s even crazier watching them eat and knowing they are the heirs of many leading comapanies in korea. Is the country really gonna be okay with them?

«Offf I’m so full», Momo cried out.

«I’d be surprised if you would say otherwise», Tzuyu said.

«So, what’s for dessert?», Jeongyeon asked.

«Dude wtf», Nayeon facepalmed herself.

«Well, I gotta go, my parents just texted that we got some important guests at home « , I said and sat on my bike.

«Uhm, could..could you maybe drive me home too ? », Mina asked.

« Of course, we live pretty close to each other anyway, hopp on », I said.

« See you guys tomorrow, don’t overeat », Mina waved to the others.

I dropped Mina at home. Today’s such a good day. Eventho it was exhausting cause of school stuff, it ended up with me having some quality time with Mina. Off nothing can get me mad right now.

«I’m home», I said and walked in.

«Oh Sae nice timing», my dad greeted me.

«Come here sweetie sit down with us», my mom said. I looked at the guests. A married couple, about the same age as my parents…that one must be their daughter.

« Sae sweetie, meet the Mr. and Mrs. Yeh and their daughter Shuhua», my mother said and leaded my to my seat right across their daughter.

« H-hello, nice to meet you my name’s Park Sae», I said as politely as I could and bowed to each of them.

« Oh my oh my you raised your child well such a sweetie », Mrs. Yeh said and smiled at me.

« Shuhua where are your manners, introduce yourself », Mr. Yeh said and stared at their daughter. I looked at the girl in front of me. She had her arms crossed, her long black natrual healthy hair must almost reach her waist, her beautiful yet sharp looking eyes were the first thing I noticed when I came in. It’s as if they’re scanning my whole body from top to bottom. A gaze you can’t escape.

«Nice to me you Sae, call me Susan », she said while still had her arms crossed.

Mr. And Mrs. Yeh facepalmed themself at their daughters introduction.

As the evening went by, I was pretty surprised at how down to earth and fun the Yeh couple is. They are making jokes and remarks as if they’re a normal couple but they weren’t. The Yeh company is specialized in technology and they are one of the most successful one’s out there. Coming from Tawian, they made their way through the asian market and reached korea. Yet, their daughter seems really ill-mannered. She didn’t say a thing the whole night and just stared out of the window.

«So you guys must be curious what this meeting is about?», dad said, finally also got the attention of Shuhua.

«Well well, as our family is quite close and our companies successful we thought, why not making it even better », Mr. Yeh added. I felt uneasy and I could tell that the girl in front of me just felt as uncomfy as I do.

«To combine our power and friendship…. », my dad pauses. Oh no..please don’t tell me it’s what I think it is…

«You guys are getting married!», they ended their sentence together followed by Mrs. Yeh and mom’s clapping.

 

Holy mother of..no way.wait what….I’m engaged??!!