Negotiation

To The Moon And Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A suffocating silence fell upon the lovers. One couldn't meet the other's eyes, while one, seemed to be stuck in her thoughts. No one dared to say anything. With every passing second, the fear and anxiety blooming in the older's heart grew more and more. (You're gonna say more more more more more and mor-- Sorry everyone!!) 

 

"Yujin-ah... Say something..... P-please...." the crack in her voice broke the younger's heart, yet with what she heard earlier, the latter couldn't bring herself to comfort the older. The blue-haired felt the pain from her words. The latter had always thought that she'd be the one standing at the altar, with Minju, her one, and only love, walking down the aisle towards her, and only Yujin. Never would the latter imagined that this would happen. Taking in a deep breath, Yujin started talking in a soft, shaking voice, like she'd break if it was any louder. 

 

"W-why...?" Yujin desperately tried to mask the crack in her voice, but she couldn't do so. Imagine having the love of your life say that they were getting married. The pain is like getting stabbed in the heart, over and over again, by your own lover. It's like being shot millions of times in your heart. 

 

"My grandma s-she wants to s-see me get married before she d-dies..." Yujin knew how strict her girlfriend's grandma is, and despite not voicing it out, she knows that the lad beside her loved the old Mrs. Kim. And despite that, knowing Minju, Yujin was sure they had argued. This made the latter frown. 

 

 

"Yujin-ah... Please... d-don't l-leave m-me," The younger's frown started to ease out, and was replaced with sadness. The latter wrapped her long arms around the vulnerable girl beside her. Yujin whispered comforting words into the girl who now seems so small, rubbing her back in circles, trying to reassure her.

 

"Shhh, now baby..."

"I'll never leave you..."

"I love you too much to let you go..." 

"P-prom-mise Y-Yudaeng...?" 

The multiple crackings and hiccups in just one short sentence made the mentioned girl teared up. Regardless, she took in a deep breath and said the next words softly, trying to mask the shaking.

 

 

"I... promise Minmin," 

 

The younger kept on rubbing circles until the older had fallen asleep again. When the latter was deep in her slumber, the blue-haired girl got up gently, trying to not disturb the sleeping beauty, placed a tender kiss onto the latter's forehead, and headed to the balcony. 

 

 

Yujin leaned onto the cold, metal railings, as she let out a shaky breath. Unknowingly, a lone tear escaped her eyes, the usual sparkle gone. The latter looked up the orange sky of dawn, cold morning air hitting against her face.

 

 

"Why...?" drop by drop, water started falling down her rosy cheeks. The lad desperately wiped away her tears, but no matter how much she wiped, it kept on coming like waves. Eventually, she dropped her hands and let the water stream down her face, endlessly.

 

 

There, stood a puppy who was once so confident and strong. But now who's walls had all been broken down, trying to stifle her sobs and whimpers. Sobs and whimpers of pain, of sadness, filled the empty balcony. And as a sheer coincidence, little droplets of water fell upon her slim hands, as if the dawn sky is griefing with her.

 

------------------------------------------------------

Minju woke up feeling more tired than usual. There was also a feeling of dried tears on her cheeks. The lass rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness. And suddenly everything that happened earlier hit her like a truck. The latter frantically searched for any presence of the blue-haired girl in the room. 

"Y-Yujinie...?" 

Hearing no response only heightened the older's fear. She kept on calling the younger's name, even yelling now at some point. But still no signs of the younger. Waves of fear rushed in her as her eyes started watering. 

Suddenly a sound of a pan being dropped rang in her apartment. Minju rushed out of her bedroom like her life depended on it, and found her dear girlfriend in the kitchen. Immediately the pink-haired crashed the cooking girl into a bone-crushing hug. The latter flinched out of surprise, but relaxed when a unique and familiar scent hit her nose. She placed down her spatula and faced the older. Worry her at the appearance of teary eyes from her lover. Yujin cupped the small face gently as she asked gently.

"Why are you crying?" 

"I-I thought y-you left m-me," Minju hiccuped. The younger let out a small chuckle.

"Silly Min, I'll never leave you. I promised you didn't I?" 

The older girl softly nodded in the taller's embrace. 

"Let's eat now, the food's getting cold," 

 

The two were now eating, no one uttered a word. Unlike their usual comfortable silence, this was a suffocating one. It wasn't very awkward but there was definitely tension at the table. It took a while until someone addressed the elephant in the room. 

"So, who are you engaged to...?" 

Hearing the sudden question made the older choke. Being the good girlfriend that she is, Yujin rushed to pat her back. After calming down, Minju let out a deep breath. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter