Marriage (Edited)

To The Moon And Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before starting, this is for the people who have read this chapter once before. I have modified some parts so the part from where I modified will be in blue to save your time.

 

*Third POV*

--------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M GETTING MARRIED!?!?!" Despite her father's warning, Minju couldn't contain her rage as she yelled furiously at the older Kim. The latter seemed to have expected this as she remained calm.

"I thought I said it loud and clear. You are getting married dear. I'm not getting any younger and I want you to get married before I die," Mrs.Kim said.

"BUT I'm ONLY 16 FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! 16!!! I HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE!! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!"

"I don't care. You will be getting married to the grandchild of a very dear friend of mine and that's final,"

"I'M NOT GETTIN--"

"I said my decision is final," The old Mrs. Kim put an authoritative tone into her voice, giving Minju no choice but to obey.

After she had made her point, she ordered her bodyguard to bring her out of there. Minju was left alone inside the room, fuming mad. She goes outside in hurried steps, trying to find her father. The pink-haired girl found her dad in his office. Once the door is shut, Minju pleaded her father.

"Dad, please....please do something. I can't get married, I'm only 16. And I have a girlfriend dad. I...I don't want to hurt .....Yudaeng, I can't hurt her. Please dad, I don't care if I have to kneel or beg, please dad, please change her mind. I-I can't d-do th-this to h-her..," Before she even knew it, tears started streaming down her face. As a father, it pained Kim Chanwook to see that his only daughter was begging. So he went to her and hugged her, trying to do something, anything that could help her. But he too knew, he couldn't do anything, his mom was a very stubborn woman that it was almost impossible to try and change her mind. Regardless, he promised his daughter that he would try, because he knew Minju loved Yujin dearly. He was also fond of the youngest of the Ahns.

Once Minju had left the mansion, he let out a deep sigh. After a moment of carefully considering his every decision, the CEO of KCW Corp. picked up the phone. as he dialed in such a familiar number.

"Hello? Yes, it's me,"

 

 

After finishing the call, the old man picked up a picture frame at the corner of his desk. He gently caressed the face of the figure.

"I'm sorry..." Mr. Kim ,voice laced with pain and sorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minju was now on the way back to her apartment. She was unusually quiet, so Mr. Lee knew that things had not gone the right way. He wanted to cheer her up but decided not to, as he too, knew what happened back there. Mr. Lee wasn't just her driver, he was also like a dad to her, a second father. He took care of her since she was little every time her dad was out for work. He is also a dear friend of her dad's. Hence they are very close to each other. Heck even his own daughter, Lee Chaeyeon, saw Mr. Kim like a second father. That was how close the two families are. He was informed of the marriage 2 days before, and he knew, Mr. Lee knew this would happen.

Feeling down, Minju decided to contact her girlfriend and ask if she could come over for a while. But instead of her girlfriend picking up, her unnie, Yena picked up instead. It seems like they're having a game Friday. Not wanting to be a killjoy, Minju decided to go home and rest. 

The pink-haired girl was just about to get off the car when Mr. Lee said something.

"Minju-yah, please listen to your grandma,"

"Uncle, I am not going to be involved in any marriage. At least not at this age and not right now,"

"She just wants the best for you,"

"Well if she wanted that she could've just NOT set me up for a marriage,"

Minju was still being stubborn, the old man could only let out a deep sigh. Thinking that there was nothing left to be said, Minju got off and walked off.

"Kim Chaewon,"

'What?' Feeling confused, the pink-haired turned back.

"That's the person you're going to marry," 'Wait Kim Chaewon...? Where have I heard that name before?'
To acknowledge that she've heard him, she gave him a slight nod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minju immediately changed into her PJs and hopped on her bed, seemingly exhausted with the things that had happened that day. It was overwhelming to say the least, so much happened within just a span of a few hours. From knowing her girlfriend had a cousin who was moving back to knowing that she was getting married to a certain Kim Chaewon. Speaking of Yujin's cousin, what was her name again? Minju couldn't seem to remember.

Lying on the bed, the pink-haired started to think if she knew about any Kim Chaewon. She racked her brain, going through everyone she had encountered in her life. And suddenly, a throbbing pain evaded her head. Minju winced as she massaged her temples trying to calm her thoughts. Surely enough, the pain had dissappeared a few minutes later. Thinking that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter