Prologue

Broken Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P R O L O G U E 

The bride stood beautifully in the centre of the room. Her majestic off-white wedding dress sparkles at the right moment when the rays of sun hit the gemstones that has been painfully handstitched. Her long veil covered her beautiful face that reflected nothing but sadness. If the people around her did not know better, they would have believed she was attending a funeral and not her wedding. 

“I am sorry Miss Jung,” the man in the black suit bowed slightly, “He does have a girlfriend and they are planning to elope once the marriage is over.” He continued – voice soft.

The same bride stood still as her honey-brown orbs stared emptily into the mirror right in front of her. Her emotions were voided, and she felt her heart breaking into pieces. She turned slightly to the left where the man was patiently standing waiting for her to speak up. A small sigh escaped her lips.

“Why?” Her question was simple.

She was not interested to know who the girlfriend was, but she was just curious to know what made him planned such a vile plan to humiliate her. If he was not interested, why could he not tell her the truth and not wasted 7 years of her life for him?

“I believe the terms for him to receive his inheritance from his family wealth is that he has to marry you as per agreed by your grandparents before their collaborations in their businesses decades ago.” He explained.

Jung Hana sighed once more. These old folks with their weird traditions which put the younger generation like her in such a bad place! 7 long years they had forced her to date this idiot and he thought he could play with her just like that? She snickered in her mind.

“How do we proceed from here, Hana?” Her best friend, Seo Jiyeon, looked concern at the situation unfolding.

Hana exhaled deeply. There was not much to do right? It was either she proceeded quietly with the wedding and pretended she had no idea of the disturbing plan her future husband had for her, or she could always run away and embarrassed her family and be disowned by them.

Hana knew the answer well.

“We shall proceed with the wedding.” Hana finally spoke up after a long awkward silence.

She was determined to follow through the wedding. Jiyeon looked up at the said girl and saw a determine look and sighed. Was Hana really going to gamble her future for family inheritance or was she afraid of her father's abuse if she said no? Jiyeon was unsure.

“If you say so, Miss Jung.” The man in black suit replied before leaving the room – to inform everyone that the wedding would continue.

Hana told her stylist to continue touching up her makeup as the event would start soon enough. The stylist quietly worked on Hana as the rest of the bridesmaids kept themselves quiet. They were not sure how they should react after the revelation of the groom’s real intention.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

The chapel was beautifully decorated and right at the end, stood a man in white tuxedo. From one glance, the guests would have thought he was happy to finally settle down with the woman he loved but all was lies. He was just happy that after today he would be able to receive his full inheritance for marrying a woman that he not loved but his family had chosen since they were young.

“A little more and I could live ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter