CHAPTER 7

Fading Memories Of The Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things were going relatably okay for Zhan with part-time jobs and other activities that busied him. Days were still hard to survive, but he was determined to keep going with things, trying to forget that part of him, always yearning to be next to Yibo.

There were days where he crumbled down and cried his heart in the bathroom under the shower and there were days where he was genuinely happy for the things happening around him.

Despite being distant from others, he still managed things around with difficulties and Cheng had become a great help throughout these days.

His mom still calls him once in a while, yet the calls were dropped into voice mails. He was genuinely confused why his mother kept calling him even though all those calls were ignored and ended up in the Voicemail more than once.

Or sometimes he takes a call and stays silent listening to whatever she wanted to say and hangs up without a word, just in concern that something might have happened to the woman who gave birth to him.

Zhan hasn't heard anything about Wang Yibo ever since and decided not to dig into his past as much as he could, for the sake of his sanity that's been breaking down ever since that night.

The night which he left his boyfriend in his apartment on his arrival.

There have been flashes of memories in between which made a shiver ran down his spine each time. and those were painful enough for him to go back into detachment from everyone albeit being present on an occasion.

Zhan was reminded of that ominous day with each droplet falling from the sky like heavy rain that's of him wet as monsoon arrives without notice. The pain of the sky pouring down on him like that, washing away the fading memories of that downpour.

The downpour left him with nothing but a broken soul and a life that led to a dead end with nowhere else to go and nobody else to catch him When he falls deep into oblivion.

Zhan dearly missed Wang Yibo. And like tiny dust floating in the air, he wanted to reach out faster and hold him tight once more at times like that. Time is so cruel that it hates him every time he went through his camera roll and falling apart little by little.

How many nights does he have to wait until the days pass, where he could free from all this burden and live a life like everyone else..? why is it so hard to survive, to even breathe as if a cloud of white smoke was suffocating you each time you try to take a breath.

Zhan was once again busy with his shift in one of his part-time job when Cheng came up to him and asked, "Zhan, could you help me with this..? I need to go meet my sponsor right now."

Zhan was grateful to his friend who helped him find a job within a couple of days that he was able to settle down without any difficulties. Cheng found him a job in the place he was working for, which made things much easier for Zhan.

He was really tired from his shift. But, watching his friend's face and the way he asked for a saver made him push his limits once again as he agreed. 

Despite his tiredness, Zhan nodded his head and asked, "Yeah, sure. Where do you want me to deliver this..?" as he couldn't help but be grateful for what Cheng had done for him all this while.

Smiling pleasantly at his friend, Cheng gratefully exclaimed, "Oh thank you so much, Zhan, you are such a lifesaver." which the latter waved off with his casual smile.

A smile that bloomed very late after days of downpour that drenched him deep down his soul.

Taking a piece of paper and pen from the table near them, Cheng wrote down the address before handing over the small piece of paper to Zhan as he said, "Here is the address, just go to the security and they will let you into the building."

Xiao Zhan scanned the paper reading out the address as Cheng packed his things, ready to leave. Glancing around once again to check, Cheng walked out of the room they were in with a wave and a casual farewell to his friend.

"Bye Zhan, I gotta leave now."

.

.

.

Glancing at the huge building with a big water bottle on his shoulders, Zhan sighed deeply. 

He was tired and could feel his bones aching from both the weight and the exhaustion. His vision slightly blurring as he looked at the blazing sun which was looking down upon him.

Sweat dripping down his temple and he walked inside the building with a heavy bottle of water still on his shoulder, with many people glancing at his shabby appearance in his workers.

The khaki shirt and black pants he wore, sticking to his body from the way he sweats profoundly with the heavy load on his shoulder. The stickiness of his clothes was irritating his skin now along with the judging gaze people threw at him as he walked past them.

On his way, Zhan sported a security guard, making him stop on his steps to ask for the direction to the address Cheng has given him earlier. 

The guard who looked at him suspiciously of the new face, as Cheng was the regular one who did the delivery here, still helped him when he asked, "Excuse me, can you let me know which floor this office building is..?"

"Oh, this is on the 7th floor. There's an elevator to the right from the lobby." the man said grimly, showing the direction to the elevator by pointing his fingers to the right to where they were standing.

"Thank you."

Zhan walked away, thanking him with a light node as he couldn't move freely with a heavyweight weighing him down. Stepping into the elevator, he pressed the button to the seventh floor when someone stepped in with a couple of others who rushed in.

The other elevator broke and now they have to be cramped into the elevator altogether. Seeing the crowd, Zhan moved a slight bit back to make room for others when he accidentally bumped into a lady behind him.

Zhan was shocked when the lady shouted at him, asking, "Hey, can't you look where you are going..?" with the lady dusting off her white shirt at which a bit of dirt from the bottle touched, ruining the attire.

Turning around and immediately apologizing, "I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter