CHAPTER 4

Fading Memories Of The Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yibo, when are you leaving..?" Zhan questioned, walking out of the kitchen after doing the dishes and cleaning the counter tops. Since his lover just made a mess out of the whole area, in the name of cooking.

He had a good time teaching and enjoyed watching the latter struggling in the kitchen early in the morning, with the things which he was never used to. But all that fun came with lords of mess which he left in the process.

Yibo is really clumsy and not even used to do daily chores like this. But he still insisted on helping his boy friend the other day even after getting the idea declined by Zhan several times, as Zhan knew that wasn't going to end well.

But Zhan is happy with what he gets to enjoy even though his lover just turned his kitchen upside down, instead of his clean kitchen which it was once.

Titling his head slightly to the right he replied, "Probably by noon..? I'm not sure when they will get here to pick me. Let me call them and ask, wait a sec." before fishing his phone out of his pocket and dialing a certain number, that connected to his senior.

Yibo noticed his boy friend walking back to his bedroom while he got distracted with the call. But soon before he could look into the matter, the call got connected and a refreshing voice came from the other end.

"Kuan ge, when are you guys coming..?" Yibo questioned his senior, leisurely sitting on the couch.

"Around 2 pm..? The event is around 7 in the evening, so we have enough time to go for a round to practice and get ready." Kuan explain the schedule and the things which are planned are to be done during the event which will be taking place in a couple of hours.

Yibo will be participating in one of inter-campus video game competitions, for which he has been preparing for the past couple of weeks, along with his teammates and his senior who is very supportive just like his beloved boy friend.

"Okay, I will be at Zhan's place." Yibo Informed his senior about his location, so they could come and pick him up for the competition later, as they all were planning to leave together for the event.

"Woah, well will you stop sulking around him..?" his senior question with a light chuckle at the mention of the other person. Which annoyed the younger as he knew the latter is trying to get on his nerves now.

Sometimes he really does think that being cold and reserved is what's best for him, so that others won't bother teasing him or approaching him for unnecessary things.

But he can't do anything about this issue, when Zhan was the reason, he opened up a bit to his teammates and seniors. The latter kept bugging him saying he should get along with people more and make more friends, which he did for the sake of his beloved.

But at times like this, he really does regret making more friends than he already had.

"What's wrong with that..? He's my best friend okay..? so I can do whatever I want." Yibo said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders, though the recipient of the action would never see it.

Yibo Was so annoyed with his senior that he didn't notice his so-called best friend was standing behind him listening to his rants, without making a single noise to disturb the other.

Zhan stood there with his hands crossed over his chest, looking at the latter who was lazily sprawling on the couch as if he owned it.

Hearing the other rant, the senior replied, "Yeah yeah whatever. I don't know what kind of best friends are so possessive of each other like this. Anyway, get ready on time and don't be late."

To which the younger replied stubbornly, "Us, nothing wrong with that. Now get out." and swiftly hang up the call before the other could say anything else to piss him off.

Throwing his phone onto the couch, Yibo got up to walk back to the bedroom to check on his boy friend, only to see the said person standing there looking at him with an unexplainable expression on his face.

"Best friends huh..?" Zhan questioned with his right brow raised, but Yibo on the other hand was startled from seeing Zhan behind him out of the blue, that he couldn't even concentrate on what the other asked him.

"Zhan-Zhan, stop scaring me"

Yibo complained as soon as he saw the latter standing there after a moment of shock. He had no idea when his boy friend walked behind him, when all he remembered was the other person going back into the room a couple of minutes ago, when he was on the call.

Rolling his eyes at the way his so-called best friend was behaving, Zhan deadpanned, "I didn't even do anything to scare you. Why are you scared..?"

"Why are you standing behind me like that..?" Yibo said back, to which Zhan replied, "Well, can't I stand with my BEST FRIEND now..?" stressing the best friend part, He was trying to say something about that statement.

"Don't tell me you are finding reasons to fight with me since this morning." Yibo questioned back when he noticed his boy friend was just picking on him, and was trying to get on his nerves just like his senior does.

Yibo has no idea why everyone goes around picking on him just like this, when he chose to let his guards down for a bit and get along with people.

"I'm not." Zhan said, shrugging his shoulders off before he continued, " Anyway, your clothes are on the bed. So, don't waste your time calling me to ask about your stuff later. I have to leave now, Xing called me. He said our professor is asking for an urgent meeting."

"Why does he have to conduct the meeting today out of all day..? Seriously..?" Yibo exclaimed as soon as he had his boy friend leaving soon, when he was planning to spend his quality time with the latter, as they both get a chance to spend some time together.

But it looks like his whole plan went down the hill when the professor chose to conduct a meeting all of a sudden. like who in their right mind wants to go for a meeting on a weekend..?

Listening to the big baby sulking just because of the meeting, Zhan couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the sight of his boyfriend being cute for a so-called ice Prince like him.

Flicking his forehead gently, Zhan said, "Don't sulk now. It's just for 2 hours. I will be back after that."

"But what do I do until then..?" The latter pouted dejectedly, hoping that his beloved would skip the meeting and will stay with him instead, though he knew the chances were closer to impossible.

"Then what..? Are you going to come with me instead..?" Zhan asked, picking his backpack ready to leave.

"I will drop you off." Yibo offered, which made a small smile appear on Zhan's handsome face, at the way Yibo was trying to stick to him like that; despite him being supposed to take rest before the competition.

Slowly walking towards his boy friend and wrapping his hands around the letters neck, Zhan replied, "Okay let's go then, take your bike. Let's go on that." with the mysterious look dancing around his face.

"Aren't you scared anymore..?" Yibo questions as he remembers the said person w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter