CHAPTER 3

Fading Memories Of The Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His empty eyes darted toward the billboard which was standing out from all the other billboards around it, with that ethereal face to his beloved, smiling zestfully. Yibo's heart bleed while looking at the familiar face which was meters away from him. And his lips trembled,

"Why did you walk out of my life like that Zhan Zhan...? Don't you know I was waiting for you..?"

Yibo questioned, his eyes kept staring at that handsome yet beautiful face of his person, whom he thought to be forever his from the beginning.

With numerous thoughts lingering in his head, Yibo couldn't help himself from falling into the endless abyss of those melancholic yet euphoric memories of his broken past.

A past where his beloved is and a past where his heart belongs.

.

.

Couple of years back when Yibo and Zhan were still in love and stood by each other.

.

.

"Go away," Yibo mumbled in his sleep as he felt the soft poke on his cheeks, while he was busy sleeping soundly on a Saturday morning.

His tired body needs it more than anything at the moment. But couldn't get any proper sleep like he wants it to be when he's being constantly disturbed in his sleep like this. It's been a while since he last slept so peacefully like this.

Not having his boyfriend besides him, for him to snuggle closer to was making it harder for this poor guy, who had to run many errands and do his school works along with other things he was assigned to, all at once.

College life really gets busier as the days pass by. And he's getting less and less time to spend it with his lover like the way he wants to be. While the letter was also busy with his own things that needed to be taken care of.

"No... let me sleep mommy" Yibo whined cutely in his sleep when he felt a familiar soft hand ruffling his hair. It's his mother who always ruffles his hair like that when she comes in to wake this boy up while he's home.

A gentle chuckle echoed in the room while the person who ruffled his hair, heard him whining like that. He shook his head in surprise at the way his boyfriend was being a baby so early in the morning.

The alluring face of his boyfriend glowed as the morning sun rays washed his face gently. Yibo looks like a perfect combination of cute and handsome at the same time when he's sleeping.

Zhan questions, "Now I'm your mother too you big baby..?" Still poking his boyfriend, who now fluttered opened his eyes at the familiar voice. A melodious voice that he wishes to wake up to. The voice of his beloved.

Still trying his hardest to pen those sleepy eyes, Yibo whimpered, "ZhanZhan, let me sleep."

His body is too tired to the point of his having difficulty in opening his eyes properly. The sleepiness was too strong for him to come out of and his eyes stung when he forcefully tried to open them, to get a glimpse of the other. A view that will bless his eyes. The view of his boyfriend bathed in the morning sun.

"It's getting late you little pig, so get your up already" Xiao Zhan pinches the latter's cheeks lightly, not hurting him in the process. Yibo looked so cute that he couldn't help himself from pinching those bubbly cheeks that's been pressed on to the soft fluffy pillow.

"Why do you want me to get up so early..?" Yibo inquired with his half-opened eyes, and a growing face as the light is then piercing through his eyes, hurting more and making it hard for Yibo to even look at the other.

"Early my foot. It's past 11. am. So, you better get up before I kick your lazy up"

The joyous person threatened the one who lazily sprawled on the bed, not even having any plan to move that lazy of his out of the soft heaven any time soon. As much as Zhan wasn't to let Yibo sleep longer, he couldn't bear the loneliness.

It's been days since they both last spent some time together and now he's needy for his boyfriend's attention, doing anything that will help him get what he wants. He just came in to check on this lazy fellow, and found him still sleeping like the cutest pig one could ever see.

As if his threatening words were thrown out of the window, Yibo pulled Zhan by his wrist, closer to him and wrapped his strong arms around the latter's body, trapping him in his arms, snuggling.

"Urgh... Yibo, leave me. I will hit you for real if you don't leave me now." Zhan tried to get out of the grip yet failed. Despite his half-awake state, Yibo is still strong enough to trap the latter in his arms securely, not giving a chance to escape despite his tries. Zhan stopped struggling as he knew Yibo wasn't planning to let him go yet, and there is no point in struggling when he clearly can't get out of this lock by himself.

"Hit me with your mouth then, I will be glad to get some hits then." Yibo mumbled with his eyes shut close and lips perked up like a duck, ready to be kissed by the latter.

For a second Zhan was lost in that aesthetic view of a sleeping prince. Yibo is really a prince unlike him, though he himself is not sure what kind of prince his beloved is.

Pulling out of the trance Zhan pushed the latter's face away from him and complained, "Eww... go brush your teethes and wash up."

"What..? you won't even kiss me now..? Zhan you are such a meanie." Yibo sulked as he opened his eyes, still with the sleepiness in his tiredly parted eyelids. He felt so dejected the moment he heard his boyfriend making weird sounds just at the thought of kissing him.

For a second, he thought Zhan never wanted to kiss him again, which made his shot open his eyes despite his sleepiness. He was now observing the other who was having his nose scrunched in a cute manner, making him wanna prep that face with hundreds of kisses.

Seeing the sulking face of Yibo, Zhan burst into a small smile that later brightens like the morning sun. Pulling himself closer to the latter, Zhan bumped his forehead onto Yibo's and rubbed his pointed nose on the other's.

Snatching the moment of vulnerability, Zhan got himself out of the bed, which made Yibo pull up and sit on the bed with a bewildered look. He is getting frustrated at the way his boyfriend is treating him now, denying his morning kiss along with it. Yibo jumped out of the bed trying to hold his boyfriend from running away from him and Zhan turned around to get near Yibo who stood in front of his and whispered,

"If you really want a kiss then get up and go wash up. Quick,"

"Is that a yes..?" Yibo's face bloomed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter