• Chenle x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please respond to the poll further down. xx

 

Title: Something other than nerves
Characters: Chenle x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life / university / studentlife
Word count: 1.6K+

Amidst the crowded student area filled with chattering and diverse conversations, a distinct laughter could be heard. At first hand, anyone would think that such a high pitched and singular laugh could only be the result of a cartoon character matched with an overload of helium. Alas, in the middle of this whole commotion was a group of friends far more amused than they should be, given the situation.

Chenle was in full blast, laughing as he rolled on the floor whilst clutching onto his stomach. Meili, on the other hand, was nowhere near amused, cheeks flaming red as her stern glare thrown to her peer announced nothing but a fight. Renjun tried throwing an apologetic look at his flustered friend but the smile that threatened his facial features only highlighted how he was internally dying of laughter as well.

Anyone familiar with Chenle or Meili knew of their Tom&Jerry like relationship; always bickering, always fighting, always nagging and always teasing over the most trivial affairs.

 

-Lecture Theatre-

“Follow the damn lecture Zhong Chenle.” Meili whispered under her breath towards the troublesome seatmate she had.

“Follow the damn lecture Zhong Chenle.”

“Stop repeating my words.”

“Stop repeating my words.”

“Jesus.”

“Jesu- ouch.” Meili grinned at Chenle’s frown as he rubbed onto his forearm forcefully to ease away the pain earned from her punch.

 

-Cafeteria-

“Get yourself another tray.”

Meili scoffed as she tugged on the poor platter. “No way, I got to it first so get your own tray Chenle.”

“Oh please, with your short legs you think that you got here before I did?”

“You aren’t one to talk about height. Must I remind you that aren’t exactly on the tall side?”

It was then Chenle’s turn to scoff as he tugged on the tray, “Whatever shorty, do you think that you are confronting Renjun or something?”

“Well at least, I know that Renjun would have had a better comeback than ‘whatever shorty’.”

Utterly irritated, Chenle tugged on the tray one more time and rather forcefully. Meili smirked as she let go off the platter causing Chenle to fumble backward to his demise as Meili snuck her tongue at him before proceeding to get herself another tray.

 

-Bus Ride-

“Yah, my legs hurt, let me sit.”

“Pff.” Chenle scoffed, flipping his hair with utmost attitude. “Well you should have got yourself a seat faster then.”

“I would have, if some jerk didn’t push his way on the bus like a child.” Meili snarled.

“Must I remind you that you are trying to ask a favour from this said ‘jerk’, brat.”

“Right, I don’t know what went through my mind, the pain must be getting to my brain.”

Chenle glared at her one more time as he was about to concede his seat, but this action went by unnoticed as she quickly found herself a seat at the back when a few persons got off as the next stop.

 

 

-Back to the student area, Present time-

Chenle was still laughing his off as he tried to form somewhat of a sentence:

“I- hahaha- can’t- ha- believe that you- hahaha- really thought- hahaha that this beach party- hahaha.”

Renjun had to hold Meili back before she could lash out and kick their hyena friend in the shin. To celebrate the resumption of the semester, the seniors had organised a beach party that evening and somehow Chenle was able to coerce Meili into thinking that it was a themed party. To be more precise, a fairy-tale themed party.

After a quick shopping spree to get herself proper casual beach clothes with Chenle tagging along because he felt somewhat bad about his little prank, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter