• Jaehyun x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Bittersweet
Characters: Jaehyun x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life
Word count: 1.1K+

 

An orange leaf could be seen flying along the wind before landing on a pile of fallen leaves in the park. Autumn was here. It was still somewhat warm but it was also slowly getting colder by the day. The media would usually advertise such a weather as ‘Cuddle Season,’ allowing them to promote couple designated products and services. However, this only worked for people in relationships while singles would then only be reminded of their situation.

Jaehyun was on his daily jog by River Han when a particular billboard across the street caught his attention, which brought his steps to a halt. Advertisement for a coffee place, his coffee place to be more precise, ‘Bittersweet.’ A proud smile graced his lips as he read the board:

 

“Sharing a cup of coffee with the one you love is Sweet.

Drinking alone may be bitter.

Yet, nothing beats a perfectly Bittersweet cup of coffee.”

 

Looking over at his watch, he took in the time and realized that he only had fifteen minutes to finish his run and rush back home to get ready for work. As he resumed his steps however, he directly bumped into someone causing them both to fall over. The overpowering scent of warmly brewed coffee awakened Jaehyun’s senses as he struggled to get up. The person next to him was groaning. Immediately, Jaehyun got up and reached down to help the victim of his carelessness.

“I am so so so sorry Miss, I didn’t mean to run into you. Are you hurt?” The woman extended her hand as Jaehyun offered his help and got up easily thanks to him.

“It’s fine. I’m fine. I wouldn’t say the same for my coffee though.” A frown found her face as she looked down at herself; she was covered in coffee and well, the stain that was to come on her white pants was already showing. 

“I am so so so sorry once again. I can compensate you for the dry cleaning and I’ll repay your coffee as well of course. I am a bar-“

“There is no need for all that, it was an accident.” The woman flashed him with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen, even showing dimples to her cheeks which made Jaehyun automatically smile too.

“Are you sure? I can really compensate; I imagine that you were on your way to work.”

“I am actually on my way back from it, so really it is fine. But thank you for offering.”

And just like that, the woman excused herself and went on her way in the opposite direction after throwing the empty coffee cup in the nearby public trash can, leaving Jaehyun stunned by his own speechlessness.

 

After that day, he made sure to look out for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter