• Yuta x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: A Tour to Remember
Characters: Yuta x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life / healing-trip / fluff
Word count: 2.6K+

The warm sunshine rays discretely peeked through the room’s curtains, as Jihyun stirred a little in her sleep. The comfort of her own bed was nothing compared to the luxury of this queen-sized bed that she currently rested upon. Freshly dry-cleaned blankets and a pillow as fluffy as what she would dream a cloud to be, all gave her one of the best nights of sleep in a long time.

Slowly gaining back consciousness from a well-deserved full night of rest, Jihyun stretched a little, letting her feet peek at the foot of the bed as a tight smile graced her face. As on cue, her phone’s alarm went off, indicating that it already was 7 a.m. Though this hour might seem way too early for someone on holidays, it was actually two hours later than her usual clock up, and she was totally satisfied by this frame.

Drawing open her curtains, the stunning view from her hotel room on the beautifully busy city of Osaka was enough to convince her that this impromptu getaway was the healing she definitely needed after graduation. Throwing a quick look at her phone, she had a window of approximately thirty minutes to get ready. Throwing caution to the wind, she scurried in the clumsiest way to the bathroom, deciding to start the day rightfully off with a warm shower.

 

 

With a lightweight backpack, containing only the necessities for a full day out and about in the city, as well as a vintage camera carefully strapped around her neck, Jihyun was waiting in the hotel’s lobby for the guided tour to start. One of the hotel’s staff informed the group that there were a few persons running late but they would be starting at 8h sharp as the tour guide was soon going to arrive.

Though her trip to Osaka was rather impromptu, she did make sure to book one of the most famous tours of the city. On Trip Advisor, the reviews were nothing but complimentary for the agency she chose and even more for the particular tour she handpicked. Excited to embark on this journey, being a fan of Japan’s cultural heritage and contemporary society, she failed to notice that her tour guide had just arrived, lost in her own thoughts and expectations for the day ahead.

It’s only when she heard her name being called out by a foreign voice that she was brought out of her trance, immediately standing up, perhaps too briskly which caused her to stumble a little, not enough to make her fall, thankfully. Her name was repeated but she could not see its owner just yet due to her petite height and the crowd of people around her. She could only think that the tardy people who were due to join them, had made it on time.

Clearing her voice softly, she managed to say; “Present!” as she raised her fist in the air.

“Sweet!” Is all she heard back before; several other names were called out. And just like that, off they were, as a group of twenty persons, to explore Osaka.

The group sauntered excitedly, following who she guessed to be the tour guide for now, but his back view was not very informative about him. A large and colourful bus was waiting for them up front and one by one, everyone went in as discussion became more and more rowdy and loud. Jihyun then took the time to observe the people with whom she would be for a whole week; a family of five was there, three middle-aged couples, one pair of newlyweds, what looked like a group of four best friends, a sweet looking elderly couple and finally her, it was obvious that she was the only one unaccompanied, but it did not bother her at all.

She was the last one to get in, helped by a very handsome man, whom at first, she thought worked for the hotel, but the absence of a uniform, quickly busted her theory. As the gentleman held her hand, to guide her on the bus he said;

“I’m Yuta, your tour guide for the day, I hope that you’ll enjoy the voyage.” And flashed her one of the most beautiful smiles she had ever seen. Safe to say, she could have melted right then and there but thankfully, her sanity kept her intact.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jihyun.” She managed to say with a tight smile to her face as well.

“I know.” Yuta retorted, while his smile grew bigger.

Not knowing what to say, Jihyun simply nodded and made her way around the bus, finding a vacant seat next to a window. Discretely, Jihyun eyed Yuta, who whispered something to the driver in Japanese; she could only assume that he told him to ignite the engine since a loud rumble was heard before the vehicle started off and soon the hotel was nowhere in sight.

Fetching the tour’s pamphlet from her backpack, Jihyun identified their first destination with delight; Todai-ji Temple. Their stop there was supposed to be thirty minutes long and she was determined to make the most out of this half an hour. Once they were set on the road, Yuta, seized the tour bus’ microphone and greeted everyone once again. Jihyun caught herself, in daze as Yuta was giving a little history lesson about their first stop, passion evident in his voice. His accent was little to not present and his Korean was perfect, which she could only admire. Of course, she had no doubt that such a renowned tour agency would hire competent staff but maybe because of Yuta’s inexorable charming aura, she was left in awe.

 

 

Despite what she qualified as “infatuation” for Yuta, once they were off the bus, she paid him little to no attention, focusing solely on the intricate infrastructure of the temple, taking in every detail from its rustic structure while Yuta’s voice was sinking in gradually as he showed the group around graciously. It was evident that he knew what he was talking about. Jihyun took a few pictures here and there but she spent most of her time admiring each and every corner of the edifice through her own eyes, not wanting to lose any of its beauty.

After a twenty-minute-long guided tour, Yuta instructed that they were free to roam around for ten additional minutes but had to be back by the bus at 10h sharp. Jihyun didn’t lose this opportunity and swiftly wandered to the back of the sacred infrastructure, whic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter