• Hendery x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: His North
Characters: Hendery x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life / mention of death and mourning
Word count: 1K

A white vale of shock washed over her face as she repeatedly read the message that just pinned in; her heart dropped. The palpitations slowly grew on her, a familiar sensation but, for all the different reasons.

 

Text from: Hendery ♥
Hey… my uncle just took his last breath and bid his last farewell a few minutes ago.

 

Eunae did not want to believe her best friend, but she knew that he would definitely not joke around about this. She could feel her eyes burn but no tears dared to show up. If she was in this state, she could only imagine how Hendery was holding up. Should she rush over? Was he at home? At the hospital? She had no details but all she knew is that she had to be there for him. Hendery would not hold up on his own or better said, she could not let him deal with it alone.

After a brief text exchange, Eunae got dressed, grabbed whatever snack she had at home and two water bottles before dashing to the streets, hailing a cab hurriedly, headed to the hospital. Knowing Hendery like the back of her hand, he would not think about eating, let alone stay hydrated, as he was now the man of the family. His mother and his aunt would not be able to handle the procedures and paperwork, while his cousin would be too busy attending to his widowed mother and his own broken heart.

Hendery’s uncle, Richard, was like a father figure to him. The absence of his father never bothered him because Richard was always there to ensure his wellbeing and happiness. From an external point of view, Eunae saw both physical and characteristic similarities between the two. She met Richard only twice but both encounters were amazing; filled with anecdotes, story-times and laughter. The old man was very wise, naturally playful and witty, affectionate and a plant enthusiast. Though they did not get to see each other much, Eunae knew that Richard had grown fond of her as Hendery would often mention it over the phone. The feeling was likewise; Eunae adored the way she felt at home whenever she visited Hendery’s house and being greeted by Richard's warm smile only twice was a bittersweet privilege that she thought over in the cab as her sweaty palms grabbed tightly at her bag. How was she to face her best friend without breaking down? She didn’t know, but she knew that right then and right there, she had to be his north.

The drive was only fifteen min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter