• Jisung x You/OC

• nct one-shot scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Capture
Characters: Jisung x You/OC
Genre: slice-of-life
Word count: 1.5K+

 

“Park Jisung! Get yourself a part-time job within this month or I’ll be cutting your monthly allowance by half its value.”

“This is unfair Hyung. Come on, I just finished high school, give me a break.”

“No no no. I’m not working my off for you to spend all day in bed. You have 6 months before university, make use of them.”

Jiyong’s firm tone warned Jisung against arguing further. Sighing deeply, the youngest of the pair simply sunk under his comforter even more earning a grunt from his brother.

To be fair, Jisung did not plan on being bored out of his mind for the whole of the 6 months but he just really wanted to enjoy his ability to do nothing a little more before having deadlines and assignments on his back for three consecutive years. At the same time, he knew that Jiyong was only pressuring him for his own good. He had seen his brother strive for a secured job. Jiyong was only pushing him so hard so that he would at least have some experience and hopefully struggle less to secure a job after graduating.

 

The following day, Jiyong was still giving the cold shoulder to his little brother. Jisung then knew that if he didn’t make a move, this would go on for a while. Getting out of bed before noon was a miracle and already Jiyong was impressed. Just like that, before lunch, Jisung had taken today’s paper, a pen and his phone out with him. He went to the city and looked for any shops or fast-food joints looking for part-time employees or trainees. Soon enough, he realized that it was not going to be as easy as he thought. Everywhere he went to asked for prior experience or school recommendation letters, which obviously, he did not possess.

Ready to give up, Jisung had only one more stop as per the paper, “Capture,” a photo studio in one of the biggest mall of the area. They were apparently looking for help, the description was vague but it seemed more like a prop-helper type of job. Jisung was not totally thrilled by the idea but it seemed like a fairly easy task.

As he got in, a little bell sounded which announced the arrival of someone in the studio. No one seemed to be behind the counter but Jisung stalled a little in the aisles, fascinated by the amount of accessories and props that were attached to photography. There was a mural to the left with different types of sceneries and aesthetics, all credited to Cherry. He supposed that this “Cherry” person must be the owner of the place. He was intrigued by a particular photograph however; it was one which seemed to have been taken down one of the streets in his neighbourhood. The colours that animated the sky indicated that the picture was taken at dawn. In awe, Jisung thought to himself that he had never seen such beautiful and life-like colours, captured in photo. Breaking his train of thought, someone spoke:

“Are you here for the job advert as well?”

Surprised, Jisung turned around and was greeted by a girl. A young looking one, most probably around 18 years old just like him. She was dressed casually with a questioning look to her face.

“How did you guess?”

“Well you have today’s paper in your hands with a few adverts encircled, it doesn’t take that much effort to put 2 and 2 together.”

“Oh right.” As per habit, Jisung showed an embarrassed gummy smile to his counterpart while scratching the back of his head. “No one seems to be behind the counter, are you here for the job too?”

The girl bursted into laughter which only confused Jisung even more. Without another word, the girl continued to laugh as she made her way back to the said counter, grabbing a camera which she swiftly hung around her neck.

“Follow me.” She said as she held the door that led to the back of the studio for Jisung. “Name?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter