Of guidance and security [MinTomi]

Felicity

Hii-chan! I’m really sorry!!!! I can’t pick you up at the airport right now something came up ㅠㅠ don’t worry though!!!!! I send one of my closest friends here is Korea to pick you up!

 

Also, don’t worry she knows how to speak Japanese!

 

Hitomi is panicking. She was literally just waiting for her luggage when she got Nako’s text.

 

She came to Korea BECAUSE of the smaller girl, and now she won’t even pick her up?! And what’s worse is she’s getting a Korean to pock her up instead? Albeit the substitute knows how to speak Japanese, but Hii doesn’t know them!

 

Hii was in the middle of silently panicking when she felt her phone vibrate again, her name is minjoo btw! She says she’ll be wearing a rainbow sweater so it’ll be hard to miss her.

 

She thought of just booking another ticket to head back to Japan, but then she thought about the substitute — Minjoo — who seems to be already at the airport.

 

Hitomi sighed and decided to just go with it, she’s already here anyway.

 

-

 

Minjoo was waiting for Nako’s friend — Hitomi — from the sea of people emerging. Nako showed her a photo of the Japanese girl so she knows who to look for. 

 

She was nervous, to say the least. She didn’t think she’ll end up at the airport today because of her shorter friend. Minjoo was supposed to go to the movies with Wonyoung and Yujin after her last class in university today but Nako asked for her help.

 

Minjoo was too nice to refuse the Japanese girl.

 

It took a few more minutes before Minjoo saw Hitomi. She knows the Japanese girl doesn’t know what she looks like, but she told Nako to tell Hii what she was wearing.

 

And she believes this helps because Hii, in the smallest way ever, showed recognition to her sweater.

 

Minjoo smiled at Hitomi and waved at her, “hi! I’m guessing you’re Hitomi?”

 

Hii was shocked. She knew Minjoo knows how to speak Japanese, as informed by Nako, but she was actually really good! From her tone to her diction. Hii also can’t help but admire the taller girl’s beauty.

 

Before Hii could answer her, “I’m Minjoo, Nako asked me to pick you up.”

 

Minjoo was embarrassed since she has never introduced herself to anyone in this situation before, “uhm— where are you staying? We can head there first to leave your things.”

 

Since Nako was living in a dorm, Hitomi needed to find a place to rent. Luckily she and Nako found a good for one apartment that was also cheap and near the busy streets. She told this to Minjoo and they went ahead in a taxi.

 

-

 

Hii wasn’t the type to talk much, so she’s thankful Minjoo was. Throughout their way to her rental apartment, Minjoo told her about things they do. Particularly with Nako and their group of friends. The taller girl also helped her fixing up the apartment. 

 

She’ll be staying in Korea for about a month so there is no rush to do anything. But Minjoo offered to treat Hii at a cafe before leaving. 

 

Since Hii didn’t know where to go yet, she decided to just go with Minjoo before crashing to sleep.

 

Hitomi and Minjoo talked the entire time, with the former starting to loosen up too. She told Minjoo about her life in Japan and how Nako and her decided to not come to Korea together.

 

But when it was getting late, Hii couldn’t help her yawn anymore. Minjoo noticed this and laughed, “you should probably get some rest. Here, give me your phone number. I’ll take you around the city when I’m not too busy from classes.”

 

Hitomi didn’t hesitate to give Minjoo her number.

 

-

 

Hitomi seemed to hang out with Minjoo more than she did with Nako. The shorter girl was starting to feel jealous but at the same time she was happy Hii could be comfortable with someone else.

 

And Hii was. Being with Minjoo really helped her to go around Korea. Since she can’t speak Korean, Minjoo became her interpreter for everything. The taller girl explained what ingredients are in what food or what the movie they’re watching is about.

 

Hitomi then started to realise the days were going by too fast, and before she knows it, she already needed to head back home.

 

She didn’t expect it (she did) but Minjoo took her to the airport along with Nako. 

 

Hitomi couldn’t help but feel sad because she genuinely felt happy being in Korea. And now that she’s headed back to Japan, she just felt miserable.

 

Nako hugged her tightly before pulling back, “hey! Don’t be too sad! Next time I’ll be the one visiting you! Vacation is just a few weeks away!”

 

Hitomi smiled at the thought of her best friend coming home and spending time with her. Korea is Korea, but to Hii, home is home.

 

She nodded her head at her best friend before turning to her new friend who was already grinning at the two, “be safe heading back home. Also, message us once you’ve landed at the airport!”

 

Hii just nodded her head and was about to go but Minjoo pulled her into a hug. Nako forgot to mention the tallest girl loved hugging her friends.

 

Before pulling back, “don’t worry. Maybe I’ll come with Nako when she goes to Japan.”

 

-

 

Hey guys~ thank you so much for clicking on my story! I always have a soft spot for mintomi 🥰 well, for 01z really lol. How did you find this one?! I’ll very much appreciate it if you left a comment down below! An upvote won’t hurt too 👀 also if you’re waiting for an update, you can check out my IZ*ONE fic Lean On Me! The link is down below~ see you in the next story, ppyong!