Of cooking and baking [2Kim]

Felicity


Chaewon thought this was a bad idea. She wasn’t one for patience. While Minjoo, her girlfriend, was a perfectionist. Which means she’s experiencing hell at the moment.

 

She never thought the simple idea of baking with her girlfriend of three months would end up being a disaster.

 

“Maybe we should just stop.” Chaewon suggested but quickly gave up the idea when she saw Minjoo’s glare directed at her.

 

The younger girl hated stopping something half way, “you were the one who suggested we do this!”

 

“I never thought it would be this hard!”

 

“Well why didn’t you expect it?!”

 

“I don’t know, there are instructions!”

 

Minjoo stopped mixing the batter of the macaron they were attempting to make and stared at the older girl. Chaewon stared back in confusion, “what?”

 

“Really?”

 

“What do you mean really?”

 

“You’re kinda really stupid, you know that right?”

 

Chaewon flushed red at Minjoo’s question, “hey! I’m still older than you, you know?!”

 

“Yeah well I wasn’t the one who called a recipe, instructions.”

 

This made the older girl stop and she just then realised her mistake, “alright shut up.”

 

Minjoo didn’t say anything else but she didn’t hide the chuckle rising from her chest.

 

 

The couple has been baking since this morning and are now waiting for the macarons to cool for them to pipe in the filing.

 

They were seated on the floor of Minjoo’s living room eating microwave popcorn.

 

“Unnie.” Chaewon looked at Minjoo, silently asking her why she called her. “Why did you want to bake?”

 

The shorter girl was taken aback by the question, “huh?”

 

Minjoo readjusted her position to face the older girl properly, “why did you want to bake? We could’ve just bought macarons and other pastries at the cafe at the cafe near here.”

 

Chaewon broke her gaze with Minjoo and continued watching Hospital Playlist on the latter’s laptop, “just ‘cause.”

 

Minjoo didn’t believe the older girl but decided to let her be.

 

 

“I say we did a pretty good job!” Minjoo said once she finished the final macaron they were making.

 

Chaewon believed they could’ve done better but she didn’t have the heart to destroy the smile on the face of her girlfriend.

 

Minjoo picked up the plate and went back to the living room to continue binge watching the Korean drama. Chaewon, however, stayed behind at the kitchen.

 

The younger girl noticed Chaewon didn’t follow her so she went back into the kitchen after she placed the plate down.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“I wanted to spend time with you.”

 

Minjoo was surprised, she knows Chaewon was referencing her question earlier but she didn’t think she would get an answer. “What do you mean? We were supposed to meet today anyway.”

 

Chaewon looked down to the floor, her hand scratching the back of her neck in embarrassment, “I know. But I wanted to try something different.”

 

Minjoo stared at the older girl and she didn’t notice how a small smile started rising on her face.

 

Chaewon continued staring at the floor, refusing to look up to the taller girl, “you mentioned you wanted to learn baking too but you didn’t have time for it because of your majors. So I thought, maybe we could have our date while you learn how to bake at the same time.

 

“I get that it isn’t the ideal way to learn baking, but you did great anyway! Next time—“

 

Chaewon didn’t get to finish her sentence because Minjoo decided to put her out of her misery and just kiss the girl.

 

Minjoo pulled back slightly and she saw Chaewon’s eyes were still closed. She decided to kiss the older’s eyelids before speaking, “thank you, unnie. I really do appreciate it.”

 

Chaewon mumbled ‘don’t mention it’ while trying to control the heat rising to her face.

 

Minjoo thought Chaewon was cute and without thinking, “I love you.”

 

Chaewon blushed even more before responding, “I love you too.”

 

Minjoo pulled away completely, holding the older girl at arm’s length, “next time we should try cooking!” To which Chaewon strongly disagreed with.


 

— —

 

So~ I’m back!! I’m really, very very sorry I didn’t update anything for a while. I was really blocked and nothing would come to mind. I tried writing this OS since the baking Arcade was released but I just couldn’t get myself to write it.

 

Anyway, how did you find this one??? I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy. There is a lot going on right now and I hope everyone is doing well.

 

I also hope this helped you one way or another to get your mind off of the negative things going on around you.

 

Again, any and all feedback is very much appreciated so leave them at the comments below. For suggestions and requests, just leave them there too. Until the next one, ppyong!