To the Perfect Pair

To Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following week for Mina was hell. She had no idea how to sit beside Jeongyeon AND Mark. Considering that she always came late to school, the two were seated in their "assigned" seats. No one had assigned seats, but there was weird rule Mina noticed every semester. The seat that people sit at during the first day will be the seat they choose to sit at until the very last day of class. While there are a few outliers who sit anywhere because they either come late or genuinely don't care where they sit, Mina was dealing with the two people who wouldn't give up their first day seats. 

I can't betray Jeongyeon... Chicks before d*cks!

Mina held her head up high and paced herself towards Jeongyeon's side. In her peripheral vision, all she could see is Mark staring at his phone. She was kind of bitter that he didn't notice her arrival. 

This repeated for the next couple of classes until one day Mina woke up early enough. She rushed to get to school and found Mark standing outside the class. The class before theirs hadn't left yet, which clearly shows that she came super early. She held in her breath and tapped his shoulder. "Mark?" He looked up from his phone and turned around to face the nervously smiling Mina.

"Oh... Mina right?" He grinned and slipped his phone in his back pocket. "I hope you have been paying attention in class unlike last time." He teased and Mina pushed him by his shoulder.

"Hey, at least I try to take notes instead of being on my phone." She stuck out her tongue. 

The previous class exited and Mina followed Mark to his seat. By the time they sat down, Jeongyeon entered the class. Mina waved her arms, signaling to come over. 

"Jeongyeon, meet Mark! Mark, meet Jeongyeon!" They both exchanged formalities while Jeongyeon sat beside Mina. 

"Please tell me you're smart Mark. This subject is getting too tough for me!" Jeongyeon exclaimed. Mark chuckled and shrugged. 

"All he does is play on his phone, he's just like us Jeong!" Mina laughed as Mark was taken aback by her comment.

"Hey, you never know, I could be listening this whole time. I'm pretty good at multitasking you know?" Once the teacher entered, the class slowly fell silent for the lecture.

"That's it for today! Don't forget the exam is coming up pretty soon!" 

Jeongyeon let out a huge sigh and Mina giggled. "You stressed?" Jeongyeon nodded enthusiastically. "When am I not stressed?"

Before Mark could leave, Mina thought of an idea. "How about we have a study group? Just us three! I'm pretty sure if we combine our three dumb brains, we'll somehow equal to an average brain."

Mark chuckled and nodded. "Sure, why not?"

They all took out their phones to create a group chat and began to plan which days they would meet. 

3 Feb. 2017

3 Days Before the Exam

 

Mina's gasped for air as her eyes suddenly flashed open. She reached for her phone on the bedside table to see that she woke up an hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter