First Day

The Block

Jeongyeon snorted awake when she heard that stupid alarm going off at her bed side. She groaned as she slammed her fist onto the alarm clock and rubbed her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes and whispered, “It’s the first day of high school Jeong… just be yourself. Oh who am I kidding this is going to be the worst day of my life.”

 

The softball players was still laying on her bed until one of her older sisters, Seoyeon, walked into her room and yelled, “Get out of bed idiot… Mom’s cooking breakfast for us.”

 

Jeongyeon watched as Seoyeon closed the door behind her. The tall girl quickly threw her blankets off of her and groggily made her way to her bathroom which was across the hallway from her. When she tried to open the door she banged on it for a few seconds receiving a “Who is it?” from the person inside. Jeongyeon yelled back, “Seungyeon Unnie get out of the shower, I have to go to school.”

 

Seungyeon was the oldest daughter in the Yoo family and was currently a sophomore in college. Jeongyeon kept banging on the door which received a scolding from her dad who was leaving his room, “Jeongyeon… stop banging on the door.”

 

“Seungyeon Unnie is in there right now and she won’t leave,” Jeongyeon said in an annoyed tone.

 

Her father slammed on the door and yelled, “Seungyeon get out of the bathroom… Jeongyeon needs to go to school.”

 

Seungyeon opened the door and glared at her sister, “Just because you’re the youngest doesn’t mean you get to have everything.”

 

Jeongyeon stuck her tongue out as the Yoo Father stopped them from getting into a bigger fight, he looked at Seungyeon, “Seungie you are 20 years old… you should be living in your own apartment by now.”

 

Jeongyeon gave a small laugh, but that ended quickly when he turned to the girl and said, “As for you… stop waking up late… now get in the shower so Seoyeon can take you to school.”

 

Seoyeon who had fully changed into her school uniform had widened her eyes and scoffed in disbelief, “Why do I have to take her to school?”

 

“Because you can drive… that’s the reason why we me and your mother got you a car, so you can drive your sister to school,” The man said as Jeongyeon walked out of her room with her brand-new school uniform.

 

The softball player shook her head as she walked into the bathroom, “It’s fine… I’m riding my bike with Momo to school today.”

 

Seoyeon widened her eyes in response, while Seungyeon laughed, “Riding your bike to school? You’re going to get bulli-“

 

Seoyeon elbowed her older sister in the side and rolled her eyes, “Jeong… just ride with me it’s not the end of the world.”

 

The youngest Yoo daughter shook her head, “It’s fine… you can start heading out if you want.”

 

Jeongyeon had closed the door behind her as her two older sisters look at each other and started to walk down the stairs. Seungyeon gave a small laugh, “I thought you didn’t want her to ride with you?”

 

Seoyeon sighed as she grabbed her car keys that were on the table, “Well at first I thought she would be walking to school… but since she’s riding a BIKE to school… I want to save me the trouble of getting made fun of for having a sister that rides a bike to school.”

 

Seungyeon laughed, “Let her do it she needs to learn the life of a high schooler… like how I taught you.”

 

The middle Yoo Daughter rolled her eyes as the two walked out of the house, “You didn’t teach me .”

 

“Language,” The Yoo Mother had said as she raised an eyebrow at the two older daughters.

 

-

 

Jeongyeon had finished taking her shower and freshened up her hair. She took a few looks in the mirror before turning the lights out and making her way to her room to grab her bag.

 

She looked at herself in the body mirror on her closet and whispered, “Come on Jeongyeon… it’s your first day of school… you got this.”

 

The girl walked down the stairs and saw her Dad munching down on some pancakes while her mother was cleaning up the kitchen. Jeongyeon sat down at the table and started to eat the pancakes. Her mother gave a small smile, “So are you excited for your first day?”

 

Jeongyeon gave a small shrug as she chomped down on her pancake looking at her phone, “I don’t know how to feel… how was your high school days?”

 

Her mother gave a small smile as she walked over to her dad and kissed him on the top of the head, “It was nice… but that was when I met your father.”

 

The softball player nearly gagged, so she quickly got up from the table and said, “I-I’m going to start heading out… thanks for the breakfast.”

 

Jeongyeon quickly grabbed her bag and flung it over her shoulder, she then walked out the front door and took a whiff of the breeze and smiled, “I’m going to miss these summer days.”

 

“What are you doing?” Someone yelled, “We can’t be late.”

 

Jeongyeon opened her eyes as she saw Momo on her bike and getting ready to leave. The tall girl quickly ran over to her bike that was laying on the front lawn and said, “Come on let’s go.”

 

Jeongyeon quickly got on her bike, while Momo was already pedaling ahead of her. The older girl quickly caught up and said, “It’s kind of strange.”

“What?” Momo said still staring in front of her to make sure that she wouldn’t run into anything.

 

“It’s strange,” Jeongyeon said, “How we have to wait for a few more years till the others get into high school.”

 

Momo smiled, while Jeongyeon asked, “Anyways how are those idiots?”

 

The Japanese girl shrugged, “Mina said that she and Chaeyoung were going to be walking together to school… so maybe they might click.”

“So Chaeyoung is finally making a move,” Jeongyeon said with a slight smirk plastered on her face.

 

Momo gave a hearty chuckle, “More like Mina made the first move.”

 

Jeongyeon widened her eyes in response, “You’re telling me… introvert Mina is making the first move? Now that’s a surprise in itself.”

 

“No kidding,” Momo said, but the girl had started to pedal much faster, “I’ll race you to the school, loser has to buy the other person lunch.”

 

Momo was already speeding down the sidewalk, leaving a chuckling Jeongyeon to chase her down.

 

-

 

Chaeyoung was sitting on a nearby electrical box that was in front of the Myoui-Hirai household. She had no clue why Mina wanted to walk with her… but hey she wasn’t complaining.

 

But so many thoughts were running through the 14 year old’s head ‘Maybe did I something wrong? No… maybe she just wants to hangout.’ The girl’s thoughts were interrupted when she felt an arm sling over her shoulder making the small girl jump in response. When she looked at the person, she raised an eyebrow, “Dahyun what are you doing here?”

 

The pale girl pushed her a little bit so she could sit on the electrical box as well, “Mina invited me to walk with her.”

 

Chaeyoung raised another eyebrow and said, “She invited you?”

 

Dahyun gave an offended look and pouted, “Why do you have to make it sound like Mina hates me?”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head and was about to say something else, but someone called, “Oh hey Dahyun… Chaeyoung.”

 

When the two girls turned their heads toward the new voice, they were shocked as well. Sana and Jihyo were standing there with their uniforms looking like goddesses from another dimension. Jihyo raised an eyebrow, “What are you two doing here?”

 

Both of the younger girls answered at the same time, “Waiting for Mina.”

 

“Ah,” Sana said as she chuckled, “I guess Mina invited all of us to walk with her.”

 

Chaeyoung pointed at the two older girls, “She invited you two as well?”

 

Both girls nodded their heads, which made Chaeyoung feel slightly dejected knowing that Mina didn’t want to hangout with Chaeyoung… alone. The three older girls noticed the dejected look, so Dahyun said as she rubbed the girl’s back, “Don’t be so down Chaeyoung… she’ll eventually come to you,” then Dahyun gave a erted look, “More like she’ll on you.”

 

This had earned a hard slap on the back of the head from Jihyo and Sana which made Dahyun whine in pain as she held the back of her head. As if on cue, Mina was walking out of her house and said goodbye to her mother. When the Japanese girl saw everyone she gave a small smile and quietly said, “Thanks for coming… I-I just wanted to walk with you guys for the first day of school.”

 

Jihyo gave the biggest smile as she stopped strangling Dahyun for the crude joke earlier, “It was nice of you Mina… but why did you just text in the group chat and ask us?”

 

Mina gave a shy laugh and rubbed her neck, “I-I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of the older girls… so I just texted you guys individually.”

 

Sana ruffled the younger Japanese girl’s hair and smiled, “Momo and Jeongyeon would probably join too, but for Nayeon… I don’t know.”

 

Jihyo looked at her watch and said, “I think it’s time for us to start heading to school.”

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun hopped of the electrical box, while Mina, Sana and Jihyo were beginning to walk towards the direction of the middle school. The younger ones were standing in the back of the group minding their own business. Dahyun was already thinking of pranks to pull on the Sixth Graders, “Dude are you excited? We can finally pull pranks on the sixth graders… can you like imagine that.”

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t listening to the older girl and was staring at Mina’s back and hoping that the Japanese girl would ever like the small girl back. Dahyun snapped her fingers in front of Chaeyoung, “Aye you good? You look like you just saw a puppy get punted across the road.”

 

The small girl shook her head, “Nah I’m fine… what were you saying again?”

 

Jihyo, Sana and Mina were in the front talking about the upcoming year. Jihyo looked at Sana and said, “So you excited for this school year?”

 

The lacrosse player gave a small shrug, “I just hope I have a good homeroom and make it onto the lacrosse team this year.”

 

Sana then looked at Jihyo, “What about you and volleyball… your mom keeps telling my mom that you’re pretty good.”

 

“I’m not the best, but I’m getting there,” Jihyo said with a small shrug, then looked at Mina, “How’s gymnastics going?”

 

The shy girl responded quietly, “It’s going great… my parents made me go to a few training camps over the summer, but that was pretty much it.”

 

The three older girls were continuing to walk down the street until they meet at an intersection. As the three girls were waiting there was a rolling noise coming towards them and someone yelled, “Yo move out of the way.”

 

Mina and Jihyo had noticed the yelling and quickly got out of the way, while Sana was staring at the sky thinking about that Tzuyu girl ‘I wonder if I’ll ever meet her’, then in a sudden action someone had crashed into her and in a swift motion the person had flipped their positions making the Japanese girl land on top of them.

 

The person who caught her had groaned in pain, when Sana had regained her composure she looked down and saw Tzuyu in a school uniform… the exact same school uniform that the 5 girls were wearing.

 

Tzuyu groaned in pain as she said, “You wanna get off me?”

 

Sana widened her eyes in realization as she quickly got of the girl and stood straight up as she bowed deeply and said, “I-I’m really sorry… I-I didn’t mean to get in your wa-“

 

“It’s fine,” Tzuyu said as she rubbed her elbows and wiped the dirt and stones off of her uniform.

 

Jihyo looked at Sana and said, “Are you ok?”

 

“Yeah I’m fine, she broke my fall,” Sana said with a small smile at the younger girl, who just gave a cold nod in response.

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung were looking at the tall girl and said, “You ran into our friend… you better apologize or else we’ll destroy you.”

 

Tzuyu had raised an eyebrow as she slowly stood up and towered over the two shorter girls, which made Chaeyoung and Dahyun gulp at over how tall this girl was. Dahyun stuttered, “W-We’re in seventh grade… y-you can’t stop us.”

 

“I’m in seventh grade as well,” Tzuyu said in a low voice.

 

“Tzuyu what did I say… be careful when riding your stupid skateboard,” Seolhyun said, who was wearing the high school uniform, and was trailing behind.


The older girl saw Sana in the middle getting brushed down by Jihyo, “Minatozaki.”

 

Sana looked over and gave a small smile and bowed at the girl, “Hi Seolhyun.”

Mina whispered to Jihyo and felt intimidated by the new and pretty girl, “Who’s she and how does Sana know her.”

 

“She met her yesterday,” Jihyo said, then looked at the tall girl who was glaring down at Chaeyoung and Dahyun, “But I don’t know if Sana knows her.”

 

Seolhyun grabbed Tzuyu’s board  and said,  “You are not skating the rest of the way.”

 

“And you’re walking with them,” Seolhyun said as she watched Tzuyu pick up her board then stare at her step-sister in disbelief.

 

“Why the hell would I walk with them?” Tzuyu said in low voice.

 

The 5 other girls were shocked to hear the tall girl say such a profane word at her sister… her OLDER sister. Seolhyun just chuckled, “If you haven’t noticed you knucklehead… they’re wearing the same uniform as you… means they go to the same school as you.”

 

Tzuyu was about to protest, but Seolhyun said, “Your mom said that you had to make at least a few friends on the first day of school.”

 

“I have friends,” Tzuyu argued back.

 

Seolhyun chuckled, “Those kids at the Chinese Organization don’t count. Your mom said at least a few non-Chinese people.”

 

Tzuyu clicked her tongue as Seolhyun handed her the skateboard and turned to Sana, “Make sure she doesn’t skate away from you guys and she goes to school.”

 

Sana gave a quick nod as she watched Seolhyun give one last wave and made her way to her high school. The 5 girls all turned to Tzuyu, who was putting her skateboard in her bag and putting in some earbuds, “What?”

 

All of the girls just shook their heads as they continued to walk towards their school. Sana slightly looked over her shoulder to see Tzuyu still walking behind them and was gazing off in the skies.

 

Sana looked forward again and thought about the interaction they just had. After replaying that moment in her head Jihyo looked at her and said, “You ok? Your cheeks are really red.”

 

The Japanese girl looked up and said quickly, “Are they? I mean it’s kind of hot out here since we’re uniforms again.”

 

Jihyo gave a suspicious nod and went back to talking to Dahyun and Chaeyoung about not being stupid and pulling pranks at school. 

 

Sana sighed hoping that today would be a decent first day of school.

 

-

 

Momo and Jeongyeon were panting by the time they had arrived at the school and were walking with their bikes up to the front gate. Momo was breathing heavily, “You… owe… me… lunch.”

 

Jeongyeon gave a small chuckle as she was pulling her bike up to the front gate, she had noticed the stares that all of the students were giving them. She could even hear the whispers ‘They seriously have bikes? Losers’ 

 

They got to be freshmen… only they would do stupid like that

 

What a bunch of idiots, bringing a bike to high school… that’s a one way ticket to getting bullied.

 

The tall girl was trying to keep her head low, then when she saw Momo talking to a guy she almost freaked. Momo was giving a big smile, “Hey I was wondering if you could tell me where we could put our bikes?”

 

The boy turned around and gave a small laugh, “Bikes? What are you in sixth grade? Come on this a high school not a ing day care.”

 

The boy walked away, while Momo gave a mocking face and whispered, “Didn’t have to be so rude.”

 

Jeongyeon walked over to Momo and said, “This was a bad idea.”

 

“No it wasn’t,” the Japanese girl said with a smile, “They just don’t understand.”

 

Jeongyeon was looking back to the gate and saw Nayeon talking to some people and was laughing. I guess Momo had spotted her as well and give a bright look, “Look it’s Nayeon.”

 

The older girl tried to stop Momo from going to her with her bicycle, but she was too late the younger girl was already making her way. Momo stopped in front of Nayeon and the group of people, “Hey Nayeon… was wondering if we could put our bikes somewhere.”

 

Nayeon just stared at Momo for a few minutes with wide eyes seeing the girl. One of the girls that Nayeon was talking to said, “You know this girl Nayeon?”

 

Nayeon said, “U-Uh… no.”

 

That had stung a little bit for Momo, then the bell for the homeroom had rung making all of Nayeon’s friends bid their farewell and the other students also walked into the school. Nayeon gave a smile to them, then quickly turned to Momo and Jeongyeon, who was making her way with her bike.

 

“What the hel- heck are you guys doing?” Nayeon said in disbelief seeing the two girls with their bikes.

 

“What we just biked here?” Momo said innocently.

 

Nayeon shook her head as she looked around to see if anyone had been watching them, she sighed, “First rule of being in high school… don’t ride bikes to school… it’s kind of weird.”

 

Momo raised an eyebrow, while Jeongyeon figured out why Seoyeon wanted to give her a ride earlier that morning… so she wouldn’t get made fun of. Nayeon then told them to follow her.

 

She had lead them to an desolate part of the school where the grass was overgrown and was rundown, “Put your bikes here… no one will find them here.”

 

Jeongyeon had put the stand on her bike, while Momo leaned it against the wall. The softball player raised an eyebrow, “How do you know about this spot?”

 

“I made the same mistake as you guys last year,” Nayeon said with her arms crossed.

 

Jeongyeon narrowed her eyes, “And you didn’t think it would be a good idea to tell us?”

 

Nayeon put her hands in the air and said, “I-I didn’t think you guys would bring your bikes… guess we should warn the other girls too when they get into high school.”

 

“And why would we warn them,” Momo said with a confused look, “It’s just a couple of bikes.”

 

“Momo this is high school not middle school,” The oldest girl explained, “Everything in high school is ten times different. It’s either you eat… or you get eaten in school society.”

 

“Another rule,” Nayeon said before she was leaving, “Only interact with people in your grade.”

 

Before the two girls could say anything Nayeon was already leaving. Jeongyeon sighed and said, “Come on let’s go… we can’t miss freshmen orientation.”

 

-

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun were looking at their papers in disbelief. There had to be a mistake… there was no way. Dahyun showed the paper at the adult and said, “Why am I not in the same class as Chaeyoung.”

 

The teacher pushed the paper down slightly and said, “Because you two were a big issue last year.”

 

“We weren’t that big of an issue,” Dahyun said with her arms crossed.

 

The teacher shook her head, “You guys had managed to cause a fire in your class.”

 

“That was ONE time,” the pale girl argued.

 

As Dahyun and the teacher were arguing, while Chaeyoung was trying to get her to calm down. Jihyo, Mina and Sana had gotten their papers as well. Jihyo looked at Mina, “What class did you get?”

 

“I got class 3-B,” the quiet girl said.

 

Sana gave a big smile as she wrapped an arm around the younger Japanese girl and said, “I’m in class 3-B as well… I guess I won’t be lonely.”

 

Mina had given a soft smile, while Jihyo gave a sigh in relief that Mina had someone, then when she turned around she had accidentally bumped into someone. She looked up and started blushing, “S-Sorry Daniel… I-I didn’t mean to-“

 

“You’re good,” the tall boy before he tilted his head and asked, “What class are you in?”

 

“Oh I’m in Class 3-A,” Jihyo said with a nervous smile.

 

Daniel gave a small laugh and said, “Me too… let’s make our last year in Middle School be the best.”

 

The boy walked away as he started laughing with his group of friends. Sana looked at the boy then back at Jihyo with a smirk, “Still got a crush on Kang Daniel?”

 

“W-What?” Jihyo said as she stuttered, “I-I do not.”

 

“Yeah yeah whatever,” The oldest Japanese girl as she dragged Mina, “Come on Mina let’s go to our class.”

 

Dahyun was dragging herself while Chaeyoung was giving a pat on her back trying to cheer her up, when the two had arrived in front of Classroom 2-B. Dahyun whispered, “We may be one classroom apart, but our fire for mischief will not burn out.”

 

Chaeyoung gave a small chuckle as Dahyun started to give a somber expression, then a familiar monotone voice spoke up, “Excuse me.”

 

When the two looked up at the person. Dahyun’s mouth dropped and said, “What are you doing here Tzoouoo.”

 

“It’s Tzuyu,” the tall girl said as she held her paper up, “I’m in Class 2-B.”

 

The younger girl pushed through, while Dahyun still had dropped, while Chaeyoung gave a small smile, “I’ll be fine… try and make friends in your class.”

 

Dahyun gave a nod as she sighed and started making way to her class, when she was at the door of her class room she yelled, “Everyone your class clown is here.”

 

There was a cheering in the room, before Dahyun closed the door behind her. Chaeyoung gave a soft laugh before walking into her classroom, she noticed that Tzuyu had already taken her seat next to the window seat, so Chaeyoung walked over and sat in front of the tall girl and said, “Hi.”

 

Tzuyu was looking at the window and side-eyed the short girl and put her attention back outside. Chaeyoung laughed, “Not much of a talker are you?”

 

The tall girl shrugged, “Don’t really talk unless I need to.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded her head in response as she was about to turn around Tzuyu spoke up again, “How do you deal with her?”

 

“Deal with who?”

 

“You know who,” Tzuyu said in a blunt voice.

 

Chaeyoung gave a small smile, “How I deal with Dahyun? I don’t know I’ve known her basically for all my life… it kind of scares me that she’s had an effect on me.”

 

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow, “So you like her?”

 

Chaeyoung shook her in disgust, ‘Ew… no… I see Dahyun as a sister more than a crush.”

 

The younger girl nodded her head, then said something unexpected, “So then you like that penguin looking girl?”

 

“Mina?” The small girl said as she choked on her own spit, “W-What m-makes you think that?”

 

“It’s blatantly obvious,” Tzuyu said with a small chuckle, “When I was walking with you guys… I noticed you staring at her the entire time.”

 

Am I seriously that obvious… that even a person like Tzuyu could tell’ Chaeyoung thought and gave a small sigh of disappointment. Before Chaeyoung could say anything else the homeroom teacher walked in and had announced that class was beginning.

 

So Chaeyoung gave a soft sigh as she turned back around and paid attention to what their homeroom teacher was saying.

 

-

 

Jeongyeon placed the lunch tray in front of Momo and said, “Here’s your lunch.”

 

“Thanks,” Momo said with a big smile as she started to eat the lunch off of the tray. 

 

Jeongyeon took her seat next to Momo and was scanning the room. She already had a great first day, during Freshmen Orientation she had spilled water on a senior, accidentally called one of the teachers a man, because of her short hair, and had already embarrassed herself in her homeroom, because she fumbled her introduction. 

 

How worse could it get?

 

The tall girl was looking around the room and spotted Nayeon sitting with the exact same people they had met earlier, she had overheard from people in her class that the people that Nayeon was hanging out with where the most popular and richest kids in school. Jeongyeon thought ‘I knew Nayeon was popular… but I didn’t think she was friends with those four.

 

Jeongyeon looked at the four people and tried to remember what information she was able to get from the kids in her classes. 

 

She looked at the tall boy who had a very square face, but prominent jawline, if she remembered correctly that boy was Johnny… apparently he born in America, but his family moved back to Korea. He was the heir of a famous designer brand, so he was obviously loaded with money. 

 

A girl sitting next to Johnny with a very small face, but had amazing body proportions was laughing at something. Her name was Yoo Yooa, she was a Korean idol before leaving, due to an injury… plus her looks could get all of the guys falling for her feet.

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes at the next person. Park Jimin, she only knew the boy, because she had started a fight with him in middle school because he wouldn’t apologize for hitting Momo with a football. He was currently on the football team so that gave him a safe spot in the social hierarchy.

 

And last but not least, Kim Jennie, the baddest and richest girl in the school. She was currently the daughter of the richest married couple in the nation. Everyone was scared of the girl, so if you were on her good side you were safe. 

 

Jeongyeon gave one last sigh before looking at Momo and said, “Do you ever stop eating?”

 

Momo shook her head as she started to her fingers, “I lose all of the food anyways when I dance.”

 

Jeongyeon gave a small chuckle as she took her attention back at the popular table, she was still confused on how Nayeon was able to get into a group like them… she wasn’t rich or had any interesting background like them so it kind of stumped her.

 

While the softball player was thinking about stuff, out of nowhere food fell onto her head making her jump and turn around at the person. The girl gave a blank expression, “ my bad.”

 

Jeongyeon gave an annoyed sigh, but kept her expression, “Nah you’re fine.”

 

While the girl was cleaning herself up another pair of hands had started to wipe her down. Jeongyeon thought it was Momo and was about to give her thanks, but when she saw Nayeon the girl was confused.

 

Nayeon had looked at the girl that had dropped the food on her and said, “Apologize.”

 

The girl had stood frozen, Nayeon glared at her, “Did you forget how to speak? Apologize to her.”

 

“I-I’m really sorry,” The girl said and started bowing to Jeongyeon.

 

Jeongyeon shook her head, “It’s fine really.”

 

Nayeon nodded her head for the girl to leave, which she quickly scrambled back to her table. Nayeon gave a small sigh, “Come with me.”

 

Before the softball player could even get a word in the older girl had already started dragging her off to the bathroom. Jeongyeon shook her head, “What are you doing?”

 

“Helping you,” Nayeon said as she grabbed a towel from the dispenser and wet it and started rubbing it on the girl’s clothes.

 

“But what about your friends?” 

 

Nayeon shook her head, “You mean more to me than to those four.”

 

Jeongyeon had given a small blush on her cheeks, while the older girl checked the entrance to make sure no one was eavesdropping, then whispered, “Look I’m only friends with them so I can survive throughout my high school life. If I were you… you should find a good group of friends, Momo too… you two won’t last together.”

 

Nayeon had finished cleaning the girl and said, “That girl who had dumped food on you… she definitely did it on purpose, because of the stupid bike incident this morning… I mean everyone has been talking about it.”

 

The bell had rung signaling that lunch had ended. Nayeon gave one last smile to the girl before walking out of the bathroom. Momo had came walking in a few seconds after and said, “You good?”

 

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon said with a small smile.

 

Momo looked back at the door and said, “So… what did Nayeon tell you?”

 

“Momo… I think it’s time we check out some clubs we should join.”

 

-

 

It was the end of the day and the middle schoolers were walking out of the school. Mina, Sana and Jihyo were waiting at the front gate for Dahyun and Chaeyoung, but were surprised to see a familiar, but new face with younger ones.

 

Tzuyu had been trailing behind them with her earbuds in and was looking very bored. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were bickering over something, while Tzuyu just rolled her eyes at them.

 

Jihyo laughed at the three Seventh Graders, “It kind of looks like they’ve… clicked.”

 

Sana laughed as well and was slightly happy that Tzuyu had become friends with younger ones, “Seems like they’ve been friends for a long time.”

 

When the three Seventh graders had made their way to the older girls. Jihyo smiled, “So I’m guessing you three are friends now?”

 

Dahyun had placed her arm over an uncomfortable Tzuyu, “Yep… I learned during lunch that she’s not bad… plus most of the kids are scared of her, so that’s a plus for us.”

 

Tzuyu took the arm off her shoulder and said, “We’re more acquainted.”

 

Dahyun gave an offended look and started trying to boogie the taller girl, but couldn’t reach the top of her head. The other girls were laughing at the interaction, while Sana gave a big smile seeing that Tzuyu was getting comfortable with the girls.

 

While they were walking out of the gate Seolhyun was standing outside and said, “Yo Tzuyu.”

 

The tall girl turned her direction to the the voice and raised an eyebrow at her step-sister, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Your Mom told me to walk with you back home,” Seolhyun said, but noticed her step-sister had been walking with the same group from earlier in the day, “Unless you don’t need me to walk with you.”

 

Tzuyu had looked back at the girls for a few moments, she could see on their faces that they were encouraging her to walk with her sister, but the tall girl shrugged looking at the girls, “I can just walk with them.”

 

Seolhyun gave the biggest smile and nodded as she watched the group of middle schoolers walking back to the neighborhood and looked up at the sky, “I guess everything will be fine in the end.”