Powerhouse

The Block

Momo was sitting in class trying her best to pay attention, but math wasn’t her forte so she was slowly dozing off in her seat. While the girl had her eyes closed the teacher looked at her and said, “Hirai what was I just saying?”

 

The Japanese girl gave a small sound when waking up from her disturbed slumber making the rest of the kids in her class snicker. She looked around embarrassed and said, “Sorry… I-I wasn’t paying attention.”

The teacher gave a stern look, “You’ve had your fun yesterday with the field day… now you have to learn Hirai. Catch you again sleeping, automatic detention.”

 

The lady had turned around writing on the board again, while Momo sighed as she grabbed her pencil and began copying down the notes. She had been feeling a bit downcast  for the past day, she couldn’t really pinpoint the exact reason, but she figured it had to do with the kiss between Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

 

Why am I getting jealous… it’s not like I have a crush on Nayeon’ Momo thought, then her face slightly twisted ‘Or do I?’ While she was dwelling in her thoughts the bell had rung signaling of the students to get out of their seats and make their way to the lunch room.

 

Momo was starving, she didn’t eat breakfast since she woke up late and had to rush to get to school this morning. She was walking down the hallway with the rest of the students until an arm had wrapped around. She looked over at who it was and saw Jeongyeon giving a beaming face.

 

This was a new look for the softball player. For the past few days she was super gloomy and didn’t seem to be in the mood for talking, but ever since she kissed Nayeon she was as chirpy as ever… while Momo had turned into a gloomy and depressed person ‘How ironic… it’s like we switched bodies.

 

Momo noticed that Jeongyeon was babbling about something and her voice was being muffled, so she figured it was a good idea to tune in to what the older girl was saying. 

 

“-ow can someone just give a test next WEEK, like we just started the curriculum,” Jeongyeon complained as they were walking down the flight of stairs, “Like it’s ridiculous.”

 

The Japanese girl had given a small chuckle. She wasn’t going to lie, but she missed it when Jeongyeon would complain about school and how it was completely unfair to kids… it was sort of amusing. While the two had arrived down the stairs there was a loud commotion happening in the atrium.

 

The two girls looked at each other, then agreed to ignore it so that they could be the first ones to be in the lunch line, but they heard a familiar voice in the crowd that had stopped them in their tracks, “You going to apologize or what?”

 

Momo and Jeongyeon quickly made their way through the crowd to see what was happening and when they were able to see they saw some girl on the ground, while Nayeon, who’s uniform was stained with a brown spot, with Jennie and Yooa who were standing there with their mean faces.

 

Nayeon was glaring down at the girl on the ground, who was whimpering and trying not to cry. The sophomore girl grabbed a drink from someone in the crowd and poured onto the helpless girl and tossed the bottle on her lap and looked around, “This is what happens to you when you mess with wrong kids… if you don’t want to end up like her, then stay out of our way.”

 

Jennie was giving an approving look, while Yooa had a bored look and was looking at her nails. Nayeon gave one last look to the soaked girl and walked off making all of the students make a path for the three girls.

 

When the girls had disappeared everything went back to normal with kids whispering and murmuring about what had just happened… and no one helping the poor girl on the floor. Jeongyeon gave a small sigh ‘Nayeon really is a whole different person in school’ as she was about to make her way to the cafeteria, but Momo had grabbed her wrist, “We have to help her.”

 

“Who?” Jeongyeon said, then looked at where Momo was looking and sighed, “We can’t help her.”

 

“Why?” Momo was glaring at Jeongyeon now, “It’s because you don’t want to disappoint Nayeon?”

 

Jeongyeon was now blinking in confusion, “How do you jump to that conclusion?”

 

Momo sighed in frustration, “You just want to be on her good side now don’t you? You don’t want to ruin your chances with her… right?”

 

The softball player was now bewildered at Momo’s attitude, but the Japanese girl quickly made her way to the girl on the floor leaving Jeongyeon to give a frustrated sigh and follow her younger friend.

 

Momo had made her way over to the girl and squatted down. The frightened girl gave a look and tried to back away from her, but Momo had reassured her, “Hey hey… I’m not here to hurt you… I just want to help you out.”

 

The girl had slightly lowered her guard. Jeongyeon had showed up behind her and whispered, “We should take her to the bathroom… get her cleaned up.”

Momo had given a nod as she helped the poor girl up the floor and were making their way to the nearest bathrooms trying their best to hide the embarrassed girl from the other students. Luckily the bathroom they had walked in was empty, Momo quickly grabbed paper towels from the dispenser and started to wipe the mystery girl, while Jeongyeon stood by the entrance to make sure no one would walk in.

 

While the Japanese girl was wiping her down she gave a soft smile, “Oh… I never introduced myself. I’m Hirai Momo a freshmen,” then tilted her head towards Jeongyeon, “That bum over there is Jeongyeon, she’s a freshmen as well.”

 

“I am not a bum,” Jeongyeon said with an irritated look.

 

Momo smiled, while the other girl gave a soft laugh. The Japanese girl asked, “So what’s your name?”

 

The girl gave a nervous look, but she whispered it. Momo shook her head and said, “Can you speak up… I couldn’t really hear you.”

 

“Chonnasorn Sajakul,” The girl had quickly said.

 

Momo had raised her eyebrows, while Jeongyeon tilted her head in confusion and thought ‘She is definitely a foreigner.’ The girl had given an embarrassed look over her name while Momo had softened her look, “It’s a beautiful name.”

 

Then Momo was thinking for a few seconds then smiled, “How about Sorn? It’s a bit shorter and easier to pronounce… if that’s fine with you.”

 

Sorn had given an approving nod for the girl which Momo had given a happy smile from thinking of the nickname. After wiping her down, she was still soaked so Momo turned to Jeongyeon and said, “Do you have an extra uniform in your locker?”

 

“Yeah. Ever since that girl dropped food on me in lunch my parents forced me to bring an extra one,” Jeongyeon explained.

 

Momo looked at her with pleading eyes, “Can you grab yours and give it to Sorn?”

 

Jeongyeon was about to say something, but Sorn had quickly responded, “No it’s completely fine… you don’t need to get if for me… I can just wear thi-“

 

“I can grab it for you,” Jeongyeon said with a small smile, “My locker isn’t that far from here.”

 

Before Sorn could object, Jeongyeon had quickly walked about the bathroom leaving the Japanese girl and Sorn awkwardly standing there. So Momo decided to start up a conversation, “I’m guessing you’re a freshmen?”

 

The girl had given a nod, “Yeah… it’s my first day here and I’ve already been humiliated in front of the school.”

Momo had given a guilty look and tried to explain, “I promise to you… Nayeon isn’t like that. She’s a sweet girl and really cares about others.”

 

Sorn had given a face of disbelief, “She’s caring and sweet… I don’t know if you were watching Momo,” then the girl had pulled her wet clothes, “This doesn’t seem like to be a caring action.”

 

“She has her reasons,” Momo said, not trying to give away Nayeon’s secrets.

 

The other girl still shook her head not believing that Nayeon was a good person. Momo then asked, “Your name is pretty unique? Where are you from.”

 

Sorn smiled, “Thailand… I just moved recently because my Dad got a better job in Korea.”

 

“You know for someone who just moved to Korea… you’re pretty fluent in Korean,” Momo chuckled.

 

Sorn shrugged, “I studied a bit of Korean in school and over the summer since I knew we were moving here… but my Korean is a bit faulty.”

 

Momo laughed, “Better than my Korean… and I’ve been living here for a free years.”

 

“Oh,” Sorn said with a surprised look, “You’re a foreigner too?”

 

Momo nodded, “Yep… I’m from Japan. My family moved when my Mom remarried. I don’t really remember much of my life in Japan, but according to my Mom and sister I had a blast.”

 

The other girl gave a small chuckle, “You seem like a very bubbly person.”

 

“I wouldn’t say bubbly,” Momo said as she put a finger under mouth, “More like energetic.”

 

Sorn gave a cheerful laugh, “That’s the same thing.”

 

“Hm… you’re probably right. I’m doing pretty bad in Korean Literature,” Momo said with a glum look.

 

Momo was happy to see that Sorn had brightened up since her encounter with Nayeon, but the Japanese girl was slightly curious as to why the sophomore girl would consider dumping water on her head. If Nayeon was forced to do that then Sorn must’ve done something pretty bad. Momo turned to Sorn and asked, “So… why did Nayeon dump water on you?”

 

Sorn gave a blank expression and stared at the ground, “I really don’t know… I was sort of lost and needed directions to the lunch room, but I kept bumping into kids and I accidentally got pushed into Nayeon and spilling her drink all over her uniform.”

 

Momo had opened in realization ‘That’s why she had a brown stain all over uniform’ Sorn had continued her story, “I quickly apologized and tried to help her, but the next thing I knew I was on the ground.”

 

I don’t think Nayeon would ever push anyone onto the ground… it doesn’t seem like her’ Momo thought with furrowed eyebrows then asked, “Are you sure it was Nayeon?”

 

Sorn shrugged, “I-I couldn’t really tell who it was, but I didn’t really care… I was scared and embarrassed… but thankfully you and Jeongyeon came to the rescue.”

 

Momo had given a small smile in response as she leaned onto the sink and started to talk to Sorn about other things. The two were chatting about their hobbies until the restroom door opened. Momo was expecting Jeongyeon, but instead a different familiar face had shown up.

 

Nayeon was trying to wipe to brown stain off of her uniform, when she looked up she saw Momo and said with a bright look, “Hey Mo-“ but she stopped herself when she saw Sorn with a frightened look.

 

The sophomore had switched from her happy look to her sassy one in an instant and responded, “Hirai.”

Momo gave a small sigh knowing that Nayeon was being forced to put this facade up to fool everyone so she said, “Stop with the acting Nayeon.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Nayeon said with a raised eyebrow and trying not to let her fake identity falter and expose herself.

 

Then the sophomore girl looked at Sorn with a deadly glare, “And what is this girl doing here? Is she trying to do some clean up after I embarrassed her in front of the school.”

 

Momo was slightly getting ticked off at Nayeon… she knew that the older girl was acting, but she was taking it too far. Without even thinking the Japanese girl approached Nayeon and grabbed her by the collar and growled, “Nayeon… cut the bull.”

 

Nayeon widened her eyes hearing the girl curse. Momo was breathing heavily and snapped out of it and let go of the sophomore. She gave a guilty look as she backed up and sighed, “Stop putting up this facade… I get it, but when you have to go to the extent of actually hurting someone physically AND mentally… you just got to let it go.”

 

The older girl looked at Momo for a split second, then at Sorn with a guilty look, but she brought back her fake identity again and huffed in response. She was beginning to walk out of the bathroom and bumped into Jeongyeon carrying a brand new uniform.

 

They stared at each other for a few mere seconds, before Nayeon stormed out of the bathroom leaving a dazed Jeongyeon at the entrance. The softball player walked in and noticed the tense atmosphere… then realized that Nayeon had bumped into these two.

 

Jeongyeon held up the uniform for Sorn, “Uh… I don’t if this will fit you or not, but I guess it’s worth a shot?”

 

Sorn had given an awkward smile as she took the uniform from the girl and walked into the stalls and was beginning to change. Once the girl had closed the stall door, Jeongyeon went to Momo and said, “What happened?”

 

Momo shook her head and sighed, “I-I don’t know… I just snapped at Nayeon.”

The older girl leaned onto the sink, “Why can’t you just tell me why Nayeon acts that way.”

“I really can’t,” Momo said with a frustrated look.

 

“Why?”

 

Momo looked at Jeongyeon dead in the eyes and said, “I can’t tell if she’s really trying to protect us or protecting herself.”

-

 

Tzuyu was sitting in the school courtyard minding her own business munching into her apple and watching all of the students running around or eating their lunches. The girl had a lot of things in her mind from yesterday’s events from Moonbyul’s confrontation to Sana’s actions.

 

The poor girl hasn’t gotten much sleep because she had been thinking about everything that had just happened. She had no clue what to do. While she was dwelling in her thoughts and looking at the leaves that were flying by a bunch of shoes had appeared in front of her.

 

When she looked up she saw girls holding letters and candies. This had been the fifth or sixth time she’s been getting cards and sweets (she lost count after the third one), she politely declined the others, but it was starting to get annoying so she raised an eyebrow at them and finally asked, “Uh… what are these for?”

 

“Oh.. it’s a little gift,” one of the girls said with a small blush, while the other girls were giving soft giggles

 

Tzuyu gave a small sigh as she accepted the gifts and watched all of the girls quickly run away with small giggles. She placed the stuff onto the table and went back to eating her apple, then she heard a tray clatter onto the table making her groan, “Look… just because I sat with you two on the first day does NOT mean you can sit with me.”

 

When the girl looked over at the occupant she widened her eyes realizing it was Saerom, who was giving a small chuckles, “Uh… I guess I should go?”

“No,” Tzuyu said quickly, “I-I thought you were someone else.”

 

Saerom nodded as she sat down and started to munch down on her sandwich and noticed the amount of letters and candies on the table, “What are these?”

 

“I don’t know,” Tzuyu said with a shrug as she grabbed one of the chocolates and put into , “Some girls just gave them to me and ran off.”

 

Saerom gave a small laugh, “You already have admirers?”

“Admirers?” Tzuyu asked with a raised eyebrow as she took a sip out of her milk carton.

 

The soccer captain gave a deadpan look, “You can’t possibly be that oblivious… you’ve been the talk of the school since that soccer game yesterday. Not surprising that people are already falling for you.”

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “I don’t really care,” then held up a chocolate bar, “Free candy for me.”

 

Saerom laughed at the girl, while the Taiwanese girl said, “I’m guessing you’re sitting here with me because you want something from me?”

 

The soccer captain shook her head, “What can I not sit with my future teammate.”

 

Tzuyu gave a small laugh, then furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “Future… teammate?”

 

“Like I said,” Saerom said with a proud look, “I would get a good word in for you for the coach… and you’re most likely guaranteed a spot.”

 

Tzuyu gave a conflicted look, which the soccer captain had took notice of and asked, “You don’t seem excited?”

 

“I-I am,” the Taiwanese girl said with a guilty look, “It’s just… something Moonbyul told me about yesterday.”

 

Saerom almost choked on her drink and was wide eyed, “Moonbyul spoke to you… as in one of the top 3 strikers in the nation Moonbyul?”

 

Tzuyu nodded her head, “She told me that I wouldn’t make it into a good school… she said I have the skills, but the school I’m in-“

 

“Isn’t good enough to get you into a prestigious high school,” Saerom finished with a sorry look.

 

The tall girl gave a small sigh, “I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to call Seojun bad or anything… it’s just… maybe Moonbyul’s right.”

 

“Then make Seojun a powerhouse school.”

 

Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, while Saerom explained, “Yeah Seojun may be bad, but with you in the picture you could easily turn us into a powerhouse school.”

 

Saerom took a drink out of her milk carton and continued, “There are a few players on the team that have potential… I think you could easily bring that out of them. Also our coach needs a new assistant coach since our last one retired… I feel like you would know some people.”

 

Tzuyu was trying to process all of this information, while Saerom said, “I-I know I’m putting a lot on your shoulders right now, but this really could change Seojun’s future for the better.”

 

The bell had rung signaling that lunch had ended, making Saerom got out of her seat and pat Tzuyu on the shoulder while giving a small smile before heading back inside.

 

The tall girl stayed behind a little bit, she looked up at the sky and closed her eyes for a few minutes letting the wind blow through her hair and thought ‘Turn Seojun into a powerhouse school?’ She scoffed to herself ‘It’s impossible… it would take years and dedication.’ 

 

She gave a small sigh… her dad wouldn’t want her thinking like that. She thought about the first times she tried kicking a soccer ball and not making it into the goal and was super frustrated, but her dad was with her all the way and supported her. The girl opened her eyes and said, “I hope I get to see you soon Dad.”

 

“Hey! What are you doing?” A teacher yelled from the door, “Get to class.”

 

-

 

Sana and Mina were currently sitting in their class waiting for their teacher to show up. Mina was sitting in her seat while Sana was sitting on her desk talking to the younger Japanese, “I don’t get it.”

Mina raised an eyebrow, “Get what?”

“How can you be so quiet and be unnoticed,” Sana said with a frustrated look, “Like I don’t want to diss on you for being quiet… but doesn’t it sometimes?”

 

“It has it’s perks,” Mina said with a small shrug, “It’s nice being unnoticed then that means people don’t mess with you, but there are times where I wish was noticed, but it doesn’t really bother me anymore.”

 

Sana gave a small smile as she placed a hand on her shoulder, “Well you don’t get ignored anymore since you have 8 other girls who are willing to protect you.”

 

Mina gave a small laugh as she looked at Sana and asked, “Where were you yesterday?”

Sana gave a small confused hum in response, so Mina had to elaborate, “After you played that stall game with Tzuyu… you two had disappeared during the fireworks show,” then Mina had given a small smirk.

 

The older Japanese girl knew what Mina was thinking and quickly shot that idea down, “No… me and Tzuyu did not do anything like that.”

 

“Then what did you guys do?” Mina said, “Did you guys kiss or something.”

 

When Mina looked at her older friend she noticed that Sana had an edge to her look and was fidgeting with her thumbs, so Mina said slowly, “You guys kissed?”

“No we didn’t,” Sana then sighed with frustration as she put her forehead against her hand, “I-I don’t know what happened… I just leaned into her and then she stopped me from doing anything.”

 

“First let’s clear the air,” the quiet girl said and with a shocked whisper, “You like girls?”

Sana gave a guilty look, “I didn’t know… I-I was afraid of being judged and treated differently… you know how the mindset of the Korean people are with same relationships.”

 

The two were silent for a few minutes, then Mina spoke up again, “So you like Tzuyu?”

Sana gave a small sigh, “I really don’t know… it’s just every time I see her my heart starts to beat like crazy and everything just blurs except for Tzuyu.”

 

“I really never experienced liking someone,” Mina said with a small sigh, “But I’ve always wanted to know what it felt like.”

 

Sana really wanted to say something to help Mina get to like Chaeyoung, but it wasn’t her place to meddle with those two; those two had to figure their relationship out themselves. 

 

“When did you start liking her?”

The lacrosse player was really surprised with how many questions Mina was asking, the younger girl would never ask a lot of questions unless she was truly interested in something, but Sana answered, “I really don’t know… but it started to develop more after she joined our friend group.”

 

Then Mina asked the hard hitting question, “Does she like girls?”

 

Sana froze at the question, in all honesty the Japanese girl didn’t have the slightest clue if Tzuyu had an interest in girls… let alone if the Taiwanese girl liked ANYONE. Sana had been watching Tzuyu (not in a stalker way) and it seemed the girl had no motivation to actually be in a relationship. Sana gave a small exhale, “I really don’t know… Tzuyu is impossible to read and so unpredictable, but I’ve noticed she doesn’t take interest in most people.”

 

Mina gave a small hum in response, she was about to say something, but the teacher had walked in quickly carrying piles of papers and was breathing heavily, “Sorry for the late entry… I was caught up with a meeting.”

 

The woman placed the papers onto the desk and smiled, “Alright let’s begin class.”

 

All of the students were making their way to their seats, but before Sana went to hers Mina grabbed onto her wrist and whispered, “There are a lot of possibilities… don’t miss your shot.”

 

Sana furrowed her eye brows in confusion, she was about ask what the younger girl meant, but the teacher gave a small cough, “Minatozaki… are you going to be standing their all day or are you ready to learn.”

 

The lacrosse player gave a small bow with an apologetic look as she quickly made her way back to her seat.

 

-

 

Jihyo was diligently paying attention in class as she wrote down her notes neatly and trying to make them as organized as possible, you wouldn’t expect less from the class representative. 

 

You wouldn’t notice, but the volleyball player was super nervous. There was a conditioning for volleyball after school today, she didn’t try out last year since she had started, but she wants to try out this year to start her school volleyball career.

 

She wasn’t nervous about her skills or anything… she was just nervous about the girls on the team. Last year the girl’s volleyball team were in the Finals, but lost by one set obviously they were devastated. According to some of the students, the coach and captain were going to be hard on try outs this year so they could win the championships.

 

The girl snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the final bell ring. She was packing all of her stuff and saying farewell to her classmates. While she was opening her locker someone had stood next to her, “Hey.”

 

Jihyo turned her head and saw Daniel with his gummy smile making her heart skip a beat, “H-Hey.”

 

“I was wondering if you wanted to get some food?” Daniel said pointing behind him, “I know a killer sandwich place nearby.”

 

The volleyball player gave a small laugh as she grabbed her volleyball duffle bag and gave an apologetic look, “Uh… sorry maybe next time. I’ve got volleyball conditioning today.”

 

Daniel raised his eyebrows, “You’re a volleyball player?”

 

Jihyo gave a nod as she closed her locker, “Yep… I’m a setter.”

 

The boy tilted his head in confusion, so Jihyo chuckled, “It’s the person that prepares the ball to get hit.”

 

Daniel opened his mouth in realization then said, “Well… good luck.”

“Thank you,” Jihyo said with a small blush as Daniel was walking away and gave a final wave before disappearing around a corner.

 

Jihyo gave one small exhale of air and gripped onto the bag’s straps and made her way down to the gym. There were two gyms in their school. One gym was used for students and for basketball practices, since it was the newly added one and was much bigger, while the second gym was used for other sports like volleyball, but it was on the other side of campus.

 

While Jihyo was making her way she had accidentally bumped into someone making her drop her duffle bag. She quickly bowed and said, “I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bump into you.”

 

The person gave a small chuckle and said, “Hey… calm down Jihyo it’s not that big a deal.”

 

The girl looked up and was met with Jung Jinsoul, the girl was another well-known heartthrob in the school. She was nice, tall, had amazing body proportions and her jawline was out of this world. She was also known for being a trickster and wild, but that’s what most would think of her as.

 

To the volleyball world she had barely made it to the Top 3 National Aces in the Middle School category, so it was safe to say Jihyo was slightly intimidated at the tall girl. Jinsoul was picking up the girl’s bag and handed it to her, “School’s kind of over? Where are you heading off to?”

 

“The volleyball conditioning,” she said with a soft nervous whisper.

 

Jinsoul widened her eyes, “You play volleyball? What position?”

 

“Setter… I-I’ve only been playing for a year or so.”

 

Jinsoul nodded as she started walking to the gym followed by Jihyo. The taller girl raised an eyebrow, “And you never decided to join last year?”

 

Jihyo didn’t know what to say, but she couldn’t lie she was never the type to lie, “I-I didn’t think my skills were good enough to make the team… and besides you made it to the finals. I don’t think I would’ve done much.”

 

Jinsoul shook her head as they were approaching the gym doors, “Don’t say those type of things… clogs your mindset on the game.”

 

The setter furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as Jinsoul opened the door and were met with the sounds of balls hitting the floor. The ace yelled, “Aye we got another one.”

The taller girl turned back around and smiled, “Good Luck with the conditioning.”

 

She jogged off to another part of the gym, while another girl walked up to her and said, “Park Jihyo?”

 

Jihyo looked at her and smiled, “Hey Siyeon.”

 

Siyeon was in Jihyo’s class and sat next to her for most of the day, they talk every now and then, but the class representative didn’t know she was on the volleyball team. Siyeon nodded her head, “You play volleyball?”

 

Jihyo nodded, while Siyeon gave an approving hum and said, “Well I’m the Vice Captain of the team,” then looked at Jinsoul, “I see you’ve already met Jinsoul… she’s the captain.”

 

“So what position are you looking for?” Siyeon said.

 

Jihyo looked up, “Uh.. setter.”

 

Siyeon gave a nod and said, “Another setter? Looks you’ll have some competition.”

 

The setter tilted her head in confusion, then Siyeon pointed at another girl that was already on the court setting balls for the wing spiker. She was quick and was able to pinpoint where the spiker would hit it in the blink of an eye.

 

“That’s Cho Miyeon,” Siyeon explained, “She went to another Middle School, but joined ours after seeing that we had made it to Finals,” then whispered, “We beat her school last year.”

Jihyo made an ‘o’ shape with , then Siyeon said, “You can warm up or get changed… we’re about to have our scrimmages in a couple of minutes.”

 

The girl gave a nod as she went to one of the benches and placed her duffle bag and was putting on her kneepads, then she went onto the court and was hitting the ball against her forearms and setting balls for the wing spikers.

 

One of the wing spikers (Yoobin) had complimented her setting, which the girl had appreciated. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Miyeon seething with competition, while Jihyo tried to ignore it.

 

While they were still warming up a whistle was blown making all of the girls stop what they were doing and make their way to the coach.

 

Coach Kang was young and seemed like she was unexperienced, but she was the coach that had led the team to the championships last year and according to the girls she was super nice, but could be strict when she needed to be.

 

The lady smiled, “It’s nice to be seeing some new faces for the conditioning… this isn’t try outs or anything, but a feel for how the try outs and the team will be. So don’t get nervous or anything and do your best.”

 

“Any questions?” Coach Kang said and looked around, “Alright I hand everything off to Jinsoul and Siyeon.”

 

The two girls made their way to the front of the ground and Siyeon spoke, “We’ll be doing scrimmages today. Me and Jinsoul will be picking our teams. Questions?”

Seeing that no one had any questions, Jinsoul quickly piped up and said, “I call first.”

All of the girls in the crowd were anxiously looking at the girl hoping that the she would be picking them. Jinsoul looked around thoroughly until she spotted who she was looking for and pointed, “Jihyo… you’re on my team.”

 

All eyes widened and turned to look at Jihyo, who had the same wide eyed expression as everyone else and said, “M-me?”

 

“Is your name not Jihyo,” Jinsoul said with a small laugh.

 

Jihyo made her way through the crowd as they all were giving judgmental stares which she tried to avoid. When Jihyo stood next to the captain, Siyeon gave a small chuckle and said, “Let’s make things a bit more interesting,” then looked at another specific girl, “Miyeon.”

 

The other setter gave a small smirk as she walked through the crowd with no nervousness and like she owned the place and stood next to the vice-captain. Miyeon gave a small smile to Siyeon, then looked at Jihyo with a cocky grin. Everything was muffled out for Jihyo… the only thing she was focusing on was Miyeon and how she was going to destroy her.

-

A/N: I've been watching and reading too much Haikyuu lately -.-