Fireworks

The Block

The referee had blown his whistle signaling the first quarter ending. All of the soccer player made their way to their designated side of the field. Tzuyu looked at the score seeing that it was still 1-1. ‘Yongha’s defense is somewhat trying now after my goal… but Sunmi is still going all out.’ The Striker was still thinking about a gameplay, but someone had handed her a water bottle to which the girl gave a small ‘Thank You’ and started to chug the liquid into her system and listening to what Saerom had to say.

 

On the other side of the field the Yongha girls were drinking their water bottles and wiping the sweat of their foreheads and face. One of the girls said, “Man Sunmi… you really let a middle schooler score on you this early?”

 

“Shut it Mimi,” The goalie said in an annoyed tone, “Maybe if you had a better defense it wouldn’t have happened.”

“I didn’t think she was going to actually score,” Mimi said with a defensive tone, “It’s your job to stop those brats… not us.”

 

Sunmi rolled her eyes and looked at Moonbyul, “You saw what she did right?”

 

The high school striker was sitting on the bench, breathing slightly and asked, “What do you mean?”

 

“You can’t be that clueless,” Sunmi said with an exasperated look and started to act like she was kicking a ball, “She had the exact same kick style as you… like almost IDENTICAL to yours, it threw me off like when you do it to me.”

 

Moonbyul stared at the girl for a few moments, the striker knew that Sunmi exaggerated things a lot, but when it came to soccer the goalie was dead serious about what she sees in a game, “How can you be so sure? Maybe it was just luck… I mean she’s a middle schooler, there’s no way she could perfect that kick.”

 

Sunmi gave a small nod thinking about what the captain had said, then sighed, “Maybe I’m just overthinking it.”

 

Moonbyul gave a blank expression as she dwelled into her own thoughts and looked at Tzuyu who was stretching her legs on the other side of the field ‘She looks really familiar… could she be? No it couldn’t be… that girl would be in China right now.

 

Tzuyu was stretching her legs on the ground and trying to loosen up for the next quarter until Yves walked up to her and said, “I’m still shocked.”

 

The Taiwanese girl raised an eyebrow, “Over what?”

 

“Your goal… it’s never happened in Seojun history,” Yves said as she sat down in front of Tzuyu, “Especially that you got it past Sunmi.”

 

Tzuyu was flattered, but the game wasn’t over yet and saw that the second quarter was about to begin, “Don’t flatter me right now… let’s win this game and then we can start the flattery.”

 

The tall girl got up from the ground and helped Yves up. The referee had blown the whistle signaling that the break was over and the second quarter was about to begin.

 

Tzuyu looked into the crowd to see that there had been more students gathering onto the soccer field to see this game… she figured that Seojun scoring a point against Yongha in the first quarter must’ve gotten attention around the park.

 

All of the girls had gotten into their spots as they watched Sunmi roll the ball over to their center back who was bringing it across the field.

 

“And the game has begun. Sunmi does an undertook to their center back, Seo Yuna as the girl brings it up with ease.”

Yuna notices that Lisa was getting ready to slide tackle her so she passes the ball before the Middle School player could get the ball.

 

“The ball gets lose after a slide tackle attempt from Manoban… and it’s received by their Yongha’s full back Jung Eunji.”

 

The high schooler girl was like a snake she could easily get the ball around everyone without even breaking a sweat, then she saw that their winger was open and passes the ball.

 

“Eunji attempts a pass to their right winger, Kim Hyuna… OH… put’s it’s intercept by Seojun Middle’s fullback Park Rose.”

 

Rose easily gets the ball and passes it up their Central Midfielder, Hyewon. The midfielder easily gets by the defense, then without any warning get’s slide tackled by Hyejeong causing her to fall onto the ground.

 

The ref blows a whistle and pulls out a yellow card on Yongha’s midfielder, making the high school girl get up from the grass and start to complain to the referee. Tzuyu runs over and helps Hyewon from the ground, “You good?”

 

The girls gives a small nod, as she’s lifted up off the ground from her other teammates and were patting her back. Hyewon makes her way to sideline to throw the soccer ball in.

 

Hyewon scans the field and spots Saerom and tosses the ball to her. The Middle School captain easily gets the ball off of her chest and starts to dribble it to the goalie net, Saerom spots Tzuyu running towards the goalie net.

The Captain passes the ball to Tzuyu, who gets the ball and dribbles it around her defender and is getting ready to kick the ball.

 

“Kim Tzuyu receives the balls from Captain Lee… she has her feet poised to attack on the Goalie. There is no way Sunmi will fall for the same trick twice.”

 

Tzuyu, spots Yves out of the corner of her eyes and passes the ball to the Right Midfielder. Yves wasn’t expecting a pass to her so she trips on her own feet trying to get the ball, but the ball goes by her goes out of bounds making the middle schoolers groan.

 

“Tzuyu tries to pass the ball to their right midfielder, but instead goes out of bounds.”

 

Yves gave an embarrassed look from that terrible play, but Tzuyu jogged over to her and said, “Don’t mind it… I should’ve probably said something.”

 

“But nice job noticing that I was going to pass at the last second,” Tzuyu said with a small smile as she patted Yves on the back and was moving to her spot on the field.

 

Tzuyu watched as Sunmi passed the ball to Moonbyul… she’s seen this play before. Moonbyul was getting through everyone with ease with the help of the defenders pushing off the middle schooler’s away from the girl. Tzuyu was watching the high school striker carefully trying to see that small opening… bingo she found it.

 

There was a small moment, where Moonbyul would leave the ball open every few seconds when she was kicking it. Tzuyu just needed to time the slide tackle correctly. She started running next to Moonbyul and right when she saw the opening she slid down on the ground and kicked the ball out Moonbyul’s feet as the striker jumped over the middle school girl.

 

“Incredible Kim easily takes the ball out of Yongha’s strikers possession. This Kim girl is on another level… she could be up to par with the Yongha girls.”

 

Tzuyu saw the ball rolling across the field and was luckily nabbed by Seojun’s center back, Eunha. The girl was pretty quick as well and making her way around the defense, she then passes to Yena (Attacking Midfielder) who quickly dribbles it away from the Yongha girls and passes it to Yves.

 

Yves knows she can’t take this shot, she keeps looking around to see if there was anyone open. Saerom was getting boggled down by the defense and Tzuyu was still in the middle of the field. She realizes she has to take this shot, she dribbles the ball around her defender with a bit of struggle but manages to do it, then final wall… Sunmi.

 

“Yves manages to get around her defender and is preparing to make the shot, she kicks the ball… AND… AND…”

 

Yves kicks the ball, it slightly curves upwards and hits the cross bar on the goal net and goes out of bounds, making the Middle School crowd groan in frustration. Sunmi also gave a sigh in relief as she grabs the ball from the referee and tosses it in.

 

The quarter was half way over and the score was still 1-1. Both of the teams were tired out. Tzuyu was panting heavily seeing that the high schoolers were starting to try a little bit harder now… which the Taiwanese girl was completely fine with she wanted the high schoolers to give their all.

 

Tzuyu spotted the ball going down her path, she was getting ready to slide tackle, but the Yongha girl had pushed the ball into air and jumping over Tzuyu. The Taiwanese girl smiled on the ground ‘This is the Yongha High School I wanted to face.’ The girl that had jumped over then passes it to Hani and who was slipping by all of the middle school’s defense like a snake. She then passed the ball to Moonbyul who was getting ready to kick the ball.

 

Dawon had gotten used to the girl’s kicks and slightly figured out how to counter it. Moonbyul breathed slowly as she adjusted her footing and kicked the ball too far to the left side making Dawon confused as to why she had kicked it that far to the net ‘It’s going to go out of bounds?’, then without any warning the ball had started to curve back to the goal net to an unsuspecting Dawon.

 

The girl took notice of the ball and tried to stop it from going into the net, but it just barely grazed her fingers and went right into the goal net, causing a loud cheer from the High School students.


“There it is Ladies and Gentlemen… the Unpredictable Curve from Yongha’s striker Moonbyul.”

 

“No one can tell when the ball will curve back to the goal net… it’s so unpredictable that it only works every so often.”

 

“What do you expect from one of the top 3 strikers in the Nation?”

 

Dawon was on the ground and punched it for feeling stupid, but Tzuyu yelled from her spot, “Ignore it… there was no way we could’ve known.”

Tzuyu looked back seeing all of the high school girls slapping Moonbyul on the back. She knew very well that Moonbyul was able to do that. Out of all the kicks the Taiwanese girl had ever tried perfecting… it was that Unpredictable Curve, she could never get it right.

 

The quarter was just about to end and everyone was already starting to reach their limit, but they all continued to push on. Dawon threw the ball in and was received by Lisa and started to push through the defense and get a pass to Yena.

 

“And the ball is in movement for Seojun Middle. Manoban gets an easy pass to Yena with a simple pass. The Midfielder gets it through the tough defense of Yongha and gets it to Saerom.”

 

Tzuyu noticed that there wasn’t that much time left on the clock, she looked back Saerom who gave a small nod and passed it to Tzuyu, but it was intercept by Yongha’s Left Fullback, Keumjo.

 

Tzuyu was completely caught off guard from the steal and tried to chase Keumjo down and slide tackled her, but had received a yellow card from the referee. The middle schoolers in the crowd were all booing and saying profane things. The Taiwanese girl helped Keumjo up and said, “My bad.”

 

Keumjo was shocked that she was helping her up, so she grabbed her hand and was lifted up by the Middle School striker. Tzuyu walked away from the girl and watched as she threw the ball in towards Hyejeong.

 

“Keumjo throws the ball in the Yongha’s Midfielder, Hyejeong with no struggles. The Midfielder gets past and… OH… it gets stolen by Seojun’s Midfielder Lisa.”

 

Lisa started running down the field and saw two defenders closing in on her, so she passed the ball to Saerom who was struggling to get around her defender and passed to Tzuyu.

 

“Seojun has good ball movement and gets around to Kim… will she make the pass or make the goal?”

 

Tzuyu then sees Yves out the corner of her eyes and get’s ready to pass the ball. The right midfielder was getting ready to receive the ball, but Tzuyu faked the pass causing her defender to fumble a little bit and disorientate herself from Tzuyu.

 

“Tzuyu fakes the pass to Yves, causing Yuna to be confused and lost track of the striker.”

 

This is it Tzuyu… this is your time to shine. Show those Yongha girls what you’re made of.’ Tzuyu was right outside the goalie box and was preparing her kick. Sunmi was watching the girl with intent thinking of every possible kick the girl could do, then Tzuyu hit the ball too far to the right causing confusion in Sunmi’s thinking ‘What the hell is this girl doing… she can’t possibly be?’

 

Moonbyul was in the back of the field watching Tzuyu with intent and gave a small scoff in disbelief, “This girl… is crazy.”

 

The ball had gone too far out to the right, which everyone in the crowd was confused for… even the announcer, “Kim kicks the ball too far out? Do you think she did kicked by mistake?”

 

Tzuyu breathed heavily as she watched the ball move slowly away from the net, then it had sharply curved towards the net, which caught Sunmi in surprise and was moving her way towards the ball that was going towards the net in rapid speed.

 

Sunmi was almost there and stretched her hands out trying to stop the ball… everything went into slow-mo for the middle school striker. This was what all the practice came down to… just for this one moment to show the whole Yongha Team that she wasn’t a pity player… she was someone you should take seriously for the rest of their lives.

 

Then the ball had bounced off the bar on the goal net making every middle schooler in the audience groan. The referee had blown the whistle signaling that the game was over. The High School students in the crowd had given a sigh of relief and a cheer realizing that their win streak was not over.

 

Tzuyu fell onto her knees as she stared at the sky in tiredness and a glum look. Saerom had held a hand up to her and gave a small smile knowing that the tall girl had gave it her all. Tzuyu responded back with a smile as she grabbed the girl’s hand and was hoisted up and were beginning to line up in the middle of the field. Both teams had bowed to each other and shook each others’ hands.

 

The Seojun team was making their way to their side of the field and wiping the sweat and dirt off of their clothes and swigging down their water. Saerom smiled at all of the girls, “I’m proud of you guys… we didn’t lose that badly and kept it a tight game. Yongha may have gone easy on us, but we went all out and tried to push our limits.”

 

“Alright girls… have fun with the rest of the field day,” Saerom said with a smile as all of the girls were grabbing their stuff and making their way out of the field.

 

Tzuyu was about to leave as well, but a hand was placed on her shoulder. Saerom said, “Why didn’t you tell us you were good?”

 

The tall girl shrugged and chuckled, “You didn’t ask… so I didn’t tell.”

 

“Fair enough,” Saerom said with a small nod as she walked past the girl and said, “Thank you for giving that mini-speech on the field… if it wasn’t for that we would probably be down by double digits again.”

 

Tzuyu gave a small laugh and Saerom continued, “You better come to the tryouts this year… I’ll put in a good word for the coach about you.”

 

The Taiwanese girl widened her eyes as Saerom gave a final wave before disappearing with the crowd and going back with the rest of the students to the stalls.

 

Tzuyu gave a small sigh as she tried finding her regular shoes in the area until someone coughed behind her. When she turned around she was met with blank faced Moonbyul and energetic Sunmi. Before Tzuyu could evem get a word in Sunmi had quickly approached her and said, “You know you would be a perfect candidate for Yongha High School.”

 

“T-Thanks?” Tzuyu said with a confused tone, she had no clue if she was supposed to take offense to that

 

“To be honest,” Sunmi said backing away, “That first goal you scored on me caught me by surprise big time… but that SECOND goal you tried doing was something I was not predicting, which sae to say had completely shocked me.”

 

“The only person who was ever to pull that kind of kick is this idiot,” Sunmi said tilting her head to Moonbyul, who was scowling at her teammate

 

The high schooler striker was looking at Tzuyu up and down scanning her to see if the tall girl was worth Moonbyul’s time, then she spoke, “You’re that girl we played in the finals last year.”

 

Tzuyu and Sunmi gave a shocked expression at the striker ‘How did she even remember that? She doesn’t look like the type to know that.’ Sunmi voiced her opinions, “Are you sure it’s her… she wasn’t this tall… and not this pretty.”

 

The Taiwanese girl gave an offended expression at what Sunmi had said, but Moonbyul spoke up, “I didn’t know at first if it was the same girl, but once I saw that fiery glare at me… that was the exact same glare she had given to me when we played back in China.”

 

Sunmi huffed in response and said, “Then maybe she wouldn’t be a good addition to Yongha High… she would get decimated for being a cheat.”

 

“I wasn’t a cheat,” Tzuyu said in an angry tone, “I played fair and square on that game… I pushed my self to be up to par with high schoolers as a sixth grader.”

 

Exactly,” Sunmi said with an annoyed expression, “You were a sixth grader… playing with high schoolers. How is that fair?”

 

“That is completely unfair,” Tzuyu said in disbelief, “I was younger and had less experience than you guys.”

 

Sunmi was about to say something again, but Moonbyul stopped her and said, “She’s proven herself that she’s not bad… but I don’t see her getting into Yongha at all.”

 

“And why’s that?” Tzuyu said getting slightly bit more infuriated at the older striker.

 

“Yongha only takes in the best of the best… and guess what you’re playing with one of the most mediocre Middle Schools in the nation,” Moonbyul wasn’t backing down and looked at her, “if you want to prove your worth get into a better middle school like Yunho Middle or Seongsu Academy.”

 

“Then maybe you’ll have a chance at Yongha,” Moonbyul said.

 

Tzuyu then narrowed her eyes, “And what makes you think that I want to play at Yongha?”

 

“Well you modeled your game after me,” The high school striker said with a smirk, “I think that’s enough reason for you wanting to get into Yongha.”

 

The high schooler had walked past Tzuyu bumping her shoulders into her while Sunmi followed and said with a smile, “Good luck with your season.”

 

The two high schoolers walked away leaving Tzuyu standing in the soccer field staring at the soccer ball that was on the ground, she then gave a frustrated kick at the ball and watched it soar through the air and hit an unsuspecting teacher which Tzuyu yelled, "S-Sorry about that."

 

-

 

Jeongyeon felt stupid for storming off like that and took a seat at an empty table and watched the students come by and go. She was so confused with everything… that kiss between Nayeon and Momo didn’t seem real, but it most definitely was. 

 

What had confused the softball player the most was how after that kiss Momo was starting to hate on Nayeon even more, which made no sense to her since she thought they both liked each other, because of that kiss.

 

The more she thought about it the more her head had started to hurt. While the girl was having her brain turning into mush a can of soda was place in front of her making the softball player look at the new occupant of the table.

 

Jeongyeon widened her eyes seeing Luda sitting down in front of her with a small smile, “You never texted me.”

 

“O-Oh,” Jeongyeon said with a sheepish rub on her neck, “I-I’ve been distracted lately with some stuff… sorry about that.”

 

Luda gave a small chuckle as she took a sip out her can, “I figured I would’ve had a chance with you, but I’m guessing not.”

 

Jeongyeon had risen an eyebrow at the girl’s statement, which made Luda also raise an eyebrow, “Do you not like that girl… what’s her name Homo?”

 

The softball player gave a hearty laugh and almost spilled her drink, “You mean Momo?” 

 

Luda had given an apologetic nod, “Yeah… her. Do you not like her?”

 

“Ew… she’s like a sister to me,” Jeongyeon said leaning onto the table with her elbows, “It’s not about her… I mean it kind of has to do with her. But I don’t like her like that.”

 

The other girl gave a hopeful look, “So I do have a chance?”

 

Jeongyeon shook her head, “I-I’m really sorry Luda… but I like someone else.”

 

The girl gave a dejected look and slumped over in her seat, which made Jeongyeon feel terrible and think ‘Is this how I’m going to look like when I confess my feelings to Nayeon… I don’t want to feel more pain then I already am.’ The softball player placed her hand on top of Luda’s and said, “I’m still down to be friends… I mean you did give me your notes so… I count that as being friends.”

 

Luda had given a small smile in response and gave a nod, “Yeah… I’m willing to be friends.”

 

There was a loud cough behind the two of them making both of their heads turn towards the noise. Nayeon was standing there with her hands on her hips and give an irritated expression towards Luda. The girl had frozen in her place, while Nayeon said in a stern tone, “Scram.”

 

Luda gave one last smile to Jeongyeon, before getting out of her seat and walking off into a random direction to avoide being confronted by a popular kid. The softball player glared at Nayeon, “What was that for? She didn’t do anything.”

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes as she sat down where Luda had been sitting and said, “I didn’t like you touching her hand.”

 

Jeongyeon narrowed her eyes in anger, “And what makes you think you have the right to decide that?”

 

The older girl was shocked with what Jeongyeon was saying to her, she had never seen the younger girl so hostile before. The softball player kept staring and said, “What? Cat’s got your tongue? You not going to say anything?”

 

Jeongyeon gave a sigh as she got up from the table and started walking off into a different direction. Nayeon snapped out of her thoughts and followed the younger girl. She grabbed her wrist and forced into a desolate opening between to stalls where no one would see them. Nayeon whispered, “What’s up with you? You’ve been so strange ever since Tzuyu joined the group?”

 

Then Nayeon had given a small smirk, “Are you jealous of her?”

 

“What?” Jeongyeon had said in disbelief, “How do you even jump to that conclusion?”

 

“Well, Tzuyu’s tall and super atheltic,” then Nayeon had gotten closer to Jeongyeon’s face, “makes me think you think you’re getting replaced.”

 

Jeongyeon backed away from the girl, with red cheeks and said, “No… I’m not jealous of her.”

 

Nayeon crossed her arms and said, “Then why have you been so moody lately.”

 

The softball player closed her eyes trying not to get mad at the girl. There was so many thing she wanted to say to the older girl… from the kiss with Momo to how she’s changes her personality between everyone. Everything has just been infuriating to the girl. Without even thinking she blurted out, “I saw you kiss Momo.”

 

Jeongyeon opened her eyes and saw the shocked look of Nayeon. Jeongyeon then whispered again, “I saw you kiss Momo in the tree house.”

 

Nayeon didn’t know what to say… so she said, “And why does it matter to you?”

 

The softball player gave another appalled look to the older girl, “Why does it matter to me? It matter for so many reason,” Jeongyeon didn’t even stop herself to think about what she was going to say, “Because I like you… it hurts so much just thinking about that kiss. My chest just twists in pain and my head starts to think irrational thoughts every time I see you or Momo.”

 

Jeongyeon stopped talking then widened her eyes in realization that she had accidentally confessed leaving Nayeon speechless. The softball player gave a dejected look, thinking how she had rejected Luda. Jeongyeon looked at her, “Well?”

 

Nayeon still hadn’t said anything, so the softball player was beginning to walk away, but she felt Nayeon grab her hand and spin her around making their faces centimeters apart from each other. Jeongyeon was looking at her lips, then looked at her eyes. The softball player could just close the gap between them and forget everything. She shook her head and tried to get out of Nayeon’s grasp, but the older girl had a tight grasp on her wrist.

 

The softball player was slightly worried where this was going, then without any warning Nayeon had softly planted her lips onto Jeongyeon’s making the younger girl gave a surprised noise. She tried to get away from the girl and part lips from her… but she loved the feeling of the older girl’s soft lips on her and the emotions that was surging through the younger girl. 

 

Nayeon had parted lips first making Jeongyeon look at the girl with a confused look. The older girl gave a small chuckle, “I-I… I wanted to save my first kiss with you.”

 

Jeongyeon tilted her head in confusion, “Then why did you kiss Momo?”

 

The sophomore girl didn’t say anything so Jeongyeon had asked another question, “Did you like the kiss with Momo?”

 

Nayeon was about to say something, but hesitated after remembering that she had confessed to the Japanese girl that she didn’t hate it, but Nayeon looked into younger girl’s eyes seeing the love that she was emitting from her… she couldn’t have the heart to tell her so she gave a crooked smile, “S-She wasn’t a bad kisser, but I didn’t enjoy it that much.”

 

Jeongyeon gave a small smile and asked nervously, “Can I kiss you again… it felt nice.”

 

Nayeon gave a soft laugh seeing how the younger girl was super nervous and wrapped her arms around Jeongyeon’s and gave a small nod.

 

Unbeknownst to them a certain Japanese girl was standing at the edge of the stall listening to the entire thing. Momo felt her chest clench a little bit and grabbed it to stop it from hurting ‘What’s wrong with me? I knew Jeong had a crush on Nayeon… but why does it hurt so much seeing them like that.’ Momo looked back into the space and saw them kissing again making Momo’s chest in pain again and start walking away from the place with a hurt heart.

 

-

 

Momo had parted ways from Sana, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Mina because she wanted to grab some food before the fireworks show. Sana was internally freaking out after seeing the game that Tzuyu had played… and it was safe to say the Japanese girl seeing Tzuyu playing was HOT. She shook her head and denied herself internally ‘No Tzuyu wasn’t hot while playing… she was just cool. I’m getting ahead of myself.’

 

“Seeing Tzuyu play was quite fascinating,” Chaeyoung said after putting a piece of popcorn in , “I’ve never seen her so serious before.”

 

“And when she started yelling at her teammates? What was up with that?” Dahyun said trying to get a piece of popcorn from her smaller friend.

 

Mina who was also interested in Tzuyu’s soccer skill also added, “I get where she’s coming from… Seojun never tries when we play against Yongha.”

 

Sana was still in a trance thinking about Tzuyu doing all of those soccer things. She knew the girl was good… but didn’t think she was THAT good. It had amazed her on how the Taiwanese girl was able to be up to par with those high schoolers.

 

“Now that I think about it,” Dahyun said, “I’m pretty sure Yongha was the school that Tzuyu had played in the Asian High School Cup.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded in response, “Would make sense on why she was trying so hard.”

 

The four girls were walking around looking at the stalls until they had spotted Jihyo walking with Daniel. The girls had all approved of Daniel, he was smart, handsome, nice. He was also a runner-up for class representative, so the girls thought he was perfect for Daniel… except they had no clue if the boy had the same feelings like Jihyo.

 

Daniel and Jihyo had stopped walking and were looking into each others’ eyes. Jihyo awkwardly looked away while Daniel gave his usual charming smile, “It was nice hanging around with you… you’re better company than my friends.”

 

Jihyo had given the softest smile, then he asked with a sheepish rub on his neck, “I was wondering if I could get your number.”

 

The girl had widened her eyes, while Daniel looked away, “I know it’s weird, but you want to hang out… like outside of school sometime? I-I mean if you’re ok with it.”

 

Jihyo had laughed as she gave a small nod, then the boy quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it out for the girl, she put her number on his phone.

 

Daniel smiled as he was walking away and said, “Let’s hang out alright… enjoy the rest of your day.”

 

Jihyo waved as the boy had disappeared from her sights and had given a small sigh, then felt an arm wrap around her and saw Dahyun with a teasing look, “Sooooo… how was your alone time with your boyfriend?”

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes as she took Dahyun’s arm off of her, while the rest of the girls were showing up, “He’s not my boyfriend.”

 

“Well definitely seems like it,” Sana said with a small laugh.

 

The volleyball player rolled her eyes again and looked at the four of them, “So what have you four been doing?”

 

“We watched Tzuyu play soccer against Yongha,” Dahyun said nonchalantly.

 

Jihyo chuckled, “And what was the score? We’re we down by double digits like usual?”

 

“Actually,” Sana said with a small chuckle, “The score was 2-1… Yongha.”

 

Jihyo had widened her eyes in disbelief, “You have to be joking? We weren’t totally embarrassed?”

Sana had shook her head, “The team should give their thanks to Tzuyu… she basically pushed them to do their best.”

 

“Speaking of Tzuyu,” Dahyun said with a teasing smirk at the lacrosse player. The pale girl nodded her head towards a certain soccer player roaming around the stalls.

 

Sana had froze in her spot seeing the tall girl with her hair in her ponytail and staring at the stalls. Jihyo had given a small nudge to the older girl making Sana eye her in confusion, “What?”

 

Jihyo shrugged with a teasing look, “I’ve never seen you so interested in soccer before, but once Tzuyu came into the picture you’ve been all over the sport.”

 

The Japanese girl a slight blush of embarrassment and fumbled on her own words, “M-Maybe I wanted to get to know the sport… can I not?”

 

The four other girls were laughing at her, until Dahyun pushed her making Sana glare at her to which the pale girl responded with a shrug, “What? I’m trying to help you out here.”

 

Sana gave a small huff in response as she slowly made her way to Tzuyu who was eyeing a certain stall game where you had to knock down cups with a ball. Sana made her way next to her and said, “Hey.”

 

Tzuyu looked at the Japanese girl with a raised eyebrow, “What’s up.”

 

“So you really are good at soccer,” Sana said with a small chuckle, while Tzuyu had sheepishly rubbed her neck.

 

“Yeah I guess,” the tall girl said with a shy look, “I wasn’t really expecting to be playing against a high school.”

 

Sana had given a small nod after looking at what Tzuyu had been staring at. She saw that the tall girl was eyeing a key chain that had a dog on it, which made Sana giggle, “Why are you eyeing that key chain.”

 

Tzuyu had widened her eyes and shook her head, “O-Oh no reason… it just looked cute that’s all.”

 

Sana gave a small nod, while Tzuyu whispered, “I had dog back in Taiwan named Gucci, he’s currently living with my Dad right now. The key chain reminds me of him.”

 

The Japanese girl realized that Tzuyu never really talked about her life in Taiwan that much, so hearing more about it had fascinated the older girl a lot. Sana looked back at the key chain and pulled her pocket money out and handed it to the vendor. Tzuyu widened her eyes and said, “What are you doing?”

 

As the vendor was handing her the balls she said, “I’m winning you that key chain.”

 

“Y-You don’t have to,” Tzuyu said with a cautious look, “It really doesn’t matter.”

 

Sana had thrown the first ball, only knocking down a few cans and said, “Well… too late.”

Tzuyu watched with an amused look as Sana tried to knock down all of the cups, but failing every single time. After about 10 minutes, Tzuyu had stopped Sana from grabbing more of her money by holding her wrist and saying, “Alright you can stop spending your money on me.”

 

Sana shook her head as she got out of Tzuyu’s grasp and payed for another turn, but instead Tzuyu had taken money out of her pocket and handed it to the vendor before the Japanese girl could.

 

The vendor had handed the ball to Tzuyu with an amused look knowing that the seventh grade girl was going to be able to knock down the can, but in one quick throw Tzuyu had managed to knock every single can down.

 

The person behind the stall and Sana had widened their eyes in shock, while Tzuyu gave a small smirk. The vendor sighed, “Alright… what do you want?”

 

Sana was expecting the girl to point at the dog key chain, but had instead pointed to another dog one that was hanging in the far back. The vendor had handed the key chain to the girl, while Sana had looked at in confusion, “I thought you wanted to get the one that looked like your dog?”

 

Tzuyu had held the key chain up to Sana’s face and said, “This one kind of looks like you.”

 

The Japanese girl had slightly blushed and was looking away from Tzuyu. The younger girl eyed her with worry, “You ok? You’re pretty red.”

 

“I-I’m fine,” Sana said brushing off Tzuyu’s worried look, “You know how hot it gets during the summer in Korea.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “I really don’t.”

 

Sana was trying to find another excuse, then saw that there were a few teachers walking by carrying boxes of fireworks. So the Japanese girl quickly looked at Tzuyu, “Do you want to go see the fireworks tonight?”

 

Tzuyu had pocketed the key chain and looked at Sana, “If you want.”

 

Sana had given a beaming smile, then asked, “What do you want to do while we wait for the fireworks show?”

 

The soccer player looked into the air for a moment. Sana was expecting an answer like they should go ride some of the rides or get food or go to the petting zoo, but instead the tall girl said, “There’s this place I was checking out this area that was cool… you wanna go?”

 

Sana looked at the girl with a wary look, but good see that there was no harm in trusting Tzuyu with the look she was giving so she gave an approving nod. 

 

The tall girl had started to move, which prompted Sana to do the same as well.

 

-

 

Tzuyu had led Sana to a much more desolate part of the park where no body would suspect a thing… not even the teachers. There was a small hill that was looking out to where the event was taking place and you could see everything.

 

Sana was hypnotized by the amount of people for this field day, they looked like little ants scurrying around and trying to get back to their home. Tzuyu had taken a seat on the ground, while Sana still stood there looking at the scene.

 

“You seem engrossed,” Tzuyu said with a small smirk as she looked at Sana’s interested staring at the park.

 

“I’ve never seen so many people in one place before... maybe when watching the news when there a protests,” Sana had taken a seat next to Tzuyu, “But seeing it in person… is just amazing.”

 

 Sana then looked at her, “Have you ever seen anything like this?”

 

Tzuyu stared at the sun that was beginning to set, “Once… it was back in China when I had played soccer last year with those high schoolers. It was amazing to see so many people in one spot… I will never forget that sight ever again.”

 

Sana had stared at the sun too and put her chin onto her knees, “I wish I could be like you?”

 

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow then laughed, “What? Being cool?”

“No you idiot,” The Japanese girl gave a playful push to the soccer player, then sulked again, “I wish I was good at lacrosse and got noticed like you.”

The Taiwanese girl had rubbed her neck not knowing what to say… giving advice wasn’t really her forte, but she tried to do her best, “If you want my honest opinion… yeah you’re terrible at lacrosse.”

 

Sana had looked at the girl with a hurt look, but Tzuyu continued, “but even if you at something you still have room to grow and improve. I started at the bottom as well, not being able to get my first goal until I was 10.”

 

“I never truly thought I was good at soccer, until that first goal,” Tzuyu said now giving Sana a small smile, “but once that single moment hits you… you’ll realize your potential in lacrosse.”

 

Sana didn’t know what to be impressed with… the fact that Tzuyu had given advice or that Tzuyu had spoken more than 2 sentences in span of a minute. The two were quiet for a while seeing that it was starting to get dark and the fireworks were about to begin.

 

The Japanese girl was shifting in her spot, while Tzuyu was leaning back and was staring at the stars that were starting to appear. Sana stared at Tzuyu realizing the tall girl’s beauty that was being showered upon by the sun it had taken the girl’s breathe away seeing. Sana quickly looked away seeing that Tzuyu was looking at her and thought ‘What’s wrong with me? I’ve never thought of a girl like that before… I-I mean yeah Tzuyu’s beautiful, but…’ then she stopped mid-thought ‘Could I really like girls?

 

Sana looked back at Tzuyu and realized her heart was beating insanely fast and her insides were turning warm. She was going crazy… she couldn’t like girls. She had promised her mom that she would marry a worthy man like her father. She was starting to breathe heavily, which Tzuyu had took notice of and asked, “A-Are you ok?”

 

The tall girl had a worried look making Sana quickly say, “Yeah I’m fine. Just a little bit chilly out here.”

 

Tzuyu nodded her head slowly with a weird look as she saw something shoot into the sky, “Oh… look the fireworks are starting.”

 

Sana looked over as she saw the same thing, then a blast of sparkles went into the air. The Japanese girl looked back at Tzuyu, who was standing now and saw the girl with the smallest smile as the lights from the fireworks had illuminated on her face. She slowly got off the ground and walked over to Tzuyu.

 

The Japanese girl had stood next to Tzuyu, which made the tall girl turn her head making their faces inches apart from each other. Sana was thinking of so many things, but the one thing she was focusing on was Tzuyu’s lips.

 

Sana was leaning into Tzuyu, until she felt something stop her. Tzuyu looked at her with a worried look, “Are you sure you’re ok? You seem drowsy… you want me to take you back?”

 

The Japanese girl had mentally slapped herself ‘How can I be so stupid?… do I even know that Tzuyu likes girls… and if she doesn’t. H-how will she view me.’ Sana had given an embarrassed  look, “No… everything’s fine.”

 

Tzuyu nodded as she went back to watching the fireworks in front of her, while Sana looked at the explosions wanting to get away from this awkward situation.