Unrequited *UPDATED*

The Block

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while and I know I've been M.I.A for the past few months and I just wanted to give you guys an update on everything. I hope you're all safe during this pandemic and are wearing masks and cleaning/sanitizing yourself everyday, school has recently started up for me and I'm going into my senior year so I'll probably be inactive again for a bit. I just wanted to update this story cause I just recently though about it so... here you guys go :)

 

-

 

Tzuyu’s popularity at school had been growing every week, ever since field day. She would get cards and candies from everyone, not just from her admirers, even people who just wanted to be friends with her were giving her treats.

 

The Taiwanese girl didn’t really mind it, since she would get the free candy and give it to Chaeyoung and Dahyun, who would happily take it from the younger girl, but there was a certain someone who was not liking the attention Tzuyu was getting.

 

Sana would usually be watching Tzuyu from afar making sure that no one would be making on move on her… girlfriend? 

 

In all honesty, Sana had no clue what to label Tzuyu currently, they’ve kissed a few times already and are hiding their relationship to the public, so wouldn’t that mean that they were dating?

 

The Japanese girl was slightly frustrated that Tzuyu was so aloof and oblivious to everything most of the times, for example a few days ago Tzuyu and Sana had been walking in the hallways heading to their homerooms, until a boy had gone up to Tzuyu and confessed his love to her.

 

The Taiwanese girl was slightly confused, since the boy was using some Korean words that the younger girl didn’t know. Tzuyu figured that the boy was asking her out or something so she had politely declined his request.

 

The next day, the boy was a persistent one and kept asking Tzuyu out who still politely declined his request. Sana had talked to Tzuyu that she shouldn’t be so polite when declining someone, she should be upfront and decline his request much more… seriously.

 

The younger girl had chuckled as she closed her locker slowly, “What’s wrong with politely declining? I just don’t want him to have bad feelings for me.”

“If you think about it… if you’re too nice when declining then he’ll just keep asking and asking,” Sana said with a small pout.

 

Tzuyu had raised an eyebrow and gave a teasing look to the older girl, “Are you… jealous?”

 

Sana had widened her eyes in response as her cheeks were turning into a rosy color, “W-What… N-No… uh… I’m not jealous… I’m just concerned.”

 

The younger girl loved teasing Sana it was her second favorite thing right behind soccer, the way Sana would just implode on herself and turn into a stumbling mess was cute to Tzuyu so she whenever the soccer player had the chance to tease the older girl… she would take it.

 

The lunch period had just started… and was the period that caused Sana A LOT of misfortune. During this period MANY kids would crowd around Tzuyu’s table and give their cards and sweets or would just sit with Tzuyu to make conversation, but the younger girl would just go along with it or flat-out ignore them.

 

One time Sana had wanted to talk to Tzuyu about something, but there was a bunch of people at the table and when she tried speaking to her everyone seated there had all glared at her to scram and go find somewhere else to sit. After that incident Tzuyu had explored the school and found a spot that only she and Sana could know about. 

 

Tzuyu and Sana were walking towards a desolate part of the school and were walking to the end of the hallway where a door was located. The younger girl opened the door as Sana walked through and walked up the stairway opening the rooftop door.

 

No one was allowed up there except for the Botany club which would explain the vegetables and plants that were growing up there. Tzuyu had scouted the place out seeing that no one would usually come up here during the lunch period, as the two sat down at a nearby bench they started eating their lunch.

 

Sana watched as Tzuyu ate slowly staring at the clouds above her, the Japanese girl knew something was up… whenever Tzuyu was in deep thought she would just blankly stare at something until someone would interrupt her, so the older girl tapped on her shoulder, “What are you thinking about this time?”

 

Tzuyu gave a small hum in response and sighed, “It’s just… I still can’t get over how fast my dad was able to move on from me and my Mom.”

 

The Japanese girl gave a soft smile as she grabbed Tzuyu’s hand and started to caress her knuckles, she didn’t really know what to say… yes her parents were divorced, but they never remarried to other people so she couldn’t relate to the younger girl.

 

The best she could do was comfort her in this difficult time for her. Tzuyu also didn’t mind the fact that Sana didn’t say anything, she liked it when it was quiet so she could think.

 

“He wants me to go his wedding with my mom this Christmas break,” Tzuyu said slumping into the bench and biting into her apple.

 

Sana could see the glum look on the tall girl’s face and asked, “And I’m guessing you don’t want to go?”

 

Tzuyu had given a small nod in response, she didn’t hate her dad or anything it just caught her off guard that he was already marrying someone so quickly, then she remembered that he had an affair with that woman making her distort her face into anger.

 

The older girl noticed the angry look on Tzuyu’s face and tried to calm her down by rubbing her back and putting her head on her shoulder. Sana knew Tzuyu was in a rough spot right now all the Taiwanese girl needed was a shoulder to lean on right now.

 

The two stayed in the same position for a few minutes until Tzuyu said, “You ever think about how your life could have any different outcome?”

 

Sana raised an eyebrow at the younger girl, “What do you mean?”

 

“Well once you’re born… there are so many things in store for you,” Tzuyu explained, “You could become the CEO of the next big company or become a national athlete... maybe you’ll become a drug dealer or a murderer… life has so many things in store for us.”


The Japanese girl had never heard such a philosophical statement from the younger girl and it kind of scared her, while she answered slowly, “I guess… but how does this have to do with anything?”

 

Tzuyu lifted her head up and looked into Sana’s chocolate eyes, “We didn’t think we would ever be dating, but here we are… literally cuddling with each other.”

 

Sana had given a small blush in return, while Tzuyu continued, “Like how we didn’t want our parents to get divorced… or how we wished our parents could get along.”

 

The Japanese girl sat there listening to what Tzuyu was saying… and she was right. She did wish her parents had never gotten divorced, she wished they would have a better relationship with each other, but she knew that would never happen, but Sana still wanted to believe that it could happen.

 

“Well… yes we didn’t choose to be the children of the divorced,” Sana said slowly as she looked up at the skies, “But I think life chose that for us to make us strong individuals… to make us realize that we should be the change for future generations, so that our kids won’t have to go through what we went through.”

 

Tzuyu slowly nodded her head somewhat agreeing with what Sana was saying. In reality after Tzuyu’s parents got the divorce she never believed in love since her model for love literally fell apart right in front of her, but that all changed when she met Sana. She didn’t know if she was truly in love or not, but she hopes this is what love feels like.

 

While the two started talking about something else, the tall girl felt a buzz in her pocket. When she pulled her phone out of her pocket she saw that Xuan Yi was calling her. She got off from the bench and walked over to the edge of the building and answered the call.

 

“What do you want?” Tzuyu said in Chinese, “I’m at school right now… what could you possibly need right now?”

 

Do you really not check the group chat?

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, “No… why would I?”

 

Ok whatever, but after school can you head down to the warehouse after school? Mark and Jackson are hosting a god damn party and we need all the help we can get.

 

Tzuyu didn’t really know what to say, since she had never gone to a party, let alone a party with a bunch of college kids and most likely high school students as well, “I-I don’t know… I’m not really into parties.”

 

You don’t need to attend… just help set up and you can leave after, besides I don’t want a middle schooler getting involved with college activities.”

 

The soccer player had sighed in relief and agreed she would help out after school to which Xuan Yi gave a sigh in relief on the other end. Tzuyu ended the call and turned around seeing a curious Japanese girl standing behind her.

 

“What was that about?” Sana said with a concerned look on her face.

 

The younger girl gave a small sigh in response and shook her head trying not to worry the older girl, “Nothing… just some things I need to do back in China Town.”

 

Tzuyu was making her way back to the bench, “Now what were you talking about again? How you hit some kid in the face with your lacrosse stick?”

 

-

 

Jeongyeon and Momo were not on speaking terms right now. The softball player had no clue what she had done to piss the Japanese girl off… after the photo of Nayeon and Jeongyeon getting intimate with each other Momo hasn’t shown her face to either of them.

 

The two freshmen were just getting better as well too, Jeongyeon sighed as she ate her sandwich in silence looking at football field in front of her. The photo between her and Nayeon had spread like wildfire, almost everyone in the school had seen it. 

 

As soon as she got into the school everyone was staring at her and whispering to each other, she thought Nayeon was going to be able to stop the rumors from spreading, but she guessed it was going to be impossible if someone in the popular group had a thing with someone like Jeongyeon… it was obviously going to be the biggest gossip in this god forsaken school.

 

As she continued to munch on her sandwich in peace someone had sat next to her, the softball player hoping it was Momo, but instead another familiar face was standing next to her.

 

“Luda,” Jeongyeon said with wide eyes as said girl sat down on the bench next to her, “W-What are you doing here?”

 

Her classmate shrugged in response as she leaned onto the table with her back and stared at the football field as well, “Just noticed you were sitting her by yourself… usually there would be another girl sitting her.”

 

Then Luda leaned in closer to Jeongyeon and whispered, “Did she also have a crush on you?”

 

Jeongyeon quickly backed away from the girl in confusion trying to figure out what she meant, then she realized she was talking about Momo and was shocked with how Luda had even come to that conclusion, “No she didn’t have a crush on me… she was just a friend.”

 

Luda slowly nodded her head and said, “So you and Im… that’s a weird combo.”

 

The softball player had no clue if that was supposed to hurt her feelings or not, but it slightly hurt her feelings. Jeongyeon curiously asked, “What do you mean?”

 

“Well… Nayeon is a bit of a don’t you think?” Luda said with no remorse in her voice.

 

Jeongyeon had widened her eyes in shock and turned to the girl with fuming eyes, but she kept her composure and said, “And why do you say that?”

 

Luda gave a small scoff in disbelief, “Don’t tell me you forgot when she dumped water all over my head.”

 

The softball player gave a small nervous chuckle remembering that scene… she still didn’t understand why Nayeon had done that. As if Luda was reading her mind she said, “She did it because she was jealous.”

“Huh?” Jeongyeon snapping out of her thoughts then furrowing her eyes brows in confusion, “What do you mean?”

 

Luda gave a look of doubt, “You can not be THAT oblivious Jeongyeon.”

 

“Ok yeah I know she was jealous, but I don’t get why she would just dump water on you,” Jeongyeon said softly, “She would never do that.”

 

Her classmate chuckled, “Well clearly she did… and she did it because she figured I was threat to your guys’ relationship.”

 

There was a loud cough behind them making the two girls turn around. Nayeon was standing there with her hands on her hips just glaring at Luda with deadly eyes. Jeongyeon’s classmate gave a small sigh as she stood up and said, “I guess it’s my time to leave.”

 

Luda briskly walked past Nayeon, who kept glaring at the girl. Once Luda was out of sight the older girl stared at Jeongyeon and said, “What was that?”

 

“What was what?” The softball player said with a confused tone drinking out of her milk carton.

 

Nayeon was walking over to the bench and sat next to her and glared, “Don’t play dumb with me Yoo.”

 

Jeongyeon chuckled, it was nice to rile Nayeon up sometimes, since she was such a pain in the half the times. The softball player answered her, “She was just talking to me about the picture.”

 

“Which by the way,” Jeongyeon said with an accusing look, “I thought you said you could handle it from getting spread across the entire school.”

 

“I said I could stop my fan club from destroying you,” Nayeon said defending her self, “Not stop the picture from spreading… that’s like stopping a stampede of elephants that are charging at you.”

 

Jeongyeon gave a frustrated sigh, she really didn’t want to start her high school career with a bunch of rumors and drama… she just wanted to be in the background and not be caught up in these types of things. Jeongyeon was chewing the inside of her cheeks a habit she has when she’s nervous about something which Nayeon quickly noticed.


The older girl grabbed Jeongyeon’s hands and soothed her by rubbing her knuckles, “Look I’ll try my best to ease the situation… but I can’t keep any promises.”

 

While the two girls were sitting their basking in the silence and fall breeze, there was something bugging Jeongyeon… it felt like Nayeon had been hiding something from the softball player for quite some time now ever since she had seen the older girl kiss Momo a few months ago.

 

Even to this day, Jeongyeon still has no clue why Nayeon had done it, but she wouldn’t pester the older girl about it since it wasn’t her business… but if things would get out of hand she would ask.

 

Now that Jeongyeon was on the topic of Momo, she turned to the older girl and asked, “Have you seen Momo? I haven’t seen her at all today?”

 

Nayeon pouted her lips a little bit trying to remember if she had seen said Japanese girl, but she shook her head, “I don’t really remember… I see a bunch of people everyday at school.”

 

The softball player gave a disappointed sigh as she looked down into her lap. Nayeon noticed the glum look from her younger friend and asked, “Are you and Momo… fighting?”

 

Jeongyeon had given a frustrated sigh as she leaned her back and looked up at the sky with a confused look, “I really don’t know… everything was fine until the photo of us had surfaced,” then the softball player looked at Nayeon with a concerned look, “Do you know who took that picture?”

 

Nayeon shook her head, “I really wish I knew… I’m suspicious of Jennie, but I can’t jump to conclusions just yet.”

 

The older girl gave a small nod as she inhaled the Autumn breeze and stared at the leaves that were beginning to fall off their tree branches. She always loved autumn, because that meant life would begin anew again, it meant that there would always be a second chance to live again.

 

She always wondered if she had lived a different life during this life time, she wondered how her life would’ve turned out, but there was no point in thinking about that now.

 

-

 

Chaeyoung was to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow morning, so she had been catching up with all of her school work (thanks to Tzuyu who would drop the class work whenever she had the time). She was currently working on her Algebra work and was confused with this one question.

 

She was grumbling to herself as she scribbled down on her piece of paper, guessing what the answer was. The door to her hospital room had opened making the small girl look up from her school work, she was expecting the usual guests like Dahyun or her parents… even Tzuyu would stop by some times to give then run down on what happened in class, but this person… she was not expecting.

 

Momo had the usual smile, cheeky smile on her face as she entered the room and laughed, “Why are you looking at me like that? Were you not expecting me?”

 

“If you want me to be honest,” Chaeyoung said with a soft chuckle, “Yeah were one of the last people I was expecting.”

 

Momo gave an offended look as she took a seat on Chaeyoung’s bed, “And you were expecting Mina to come?”

 

The small artist’s cheeks darkened a little with embarrassment as she mumbled something incoherent making Momo laugh and said, “I’m kidding… don’t get so butthurt about it.”

 

“What are you even doing here?” Chaeyoung said with a questioning look as she looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall, “Shouldn’t you be in school right now?”

 

Momo gave a shy chuckle as she fidgeted with her fingers, “I’m skipping school for today.”

 

Chaeyoung widened her eyes in disbelief and had to make sure she was hearing that correctly, “Y-You’re skipping school?”

 

The Japanese had given a small nod as she looked down in her lap with a guilty look, “I really wasn’t going to, but it was a last minute decision.”

 

“So… you’re skipping class and your first decision was to come see me at the hospital?” Chaeyoung said with a raised eyebrow, then laughed, “I must be that special to you.”

 

“Shut up,” Momo said while rolling her eyes, then looked at Chaeyoung with a nervous look, “I-I want to ask you something.”

 

Chaeyoung noticed the mood shift in the room and adjusted herself on her bed and asked slowly, “So what do you need?”


“Don’t get offended or anything,” Momo said slowly as she gave a troubled look, “You’re in an unrequited love with Mina aren’t you?”

 

The small girl was not expecting that question from the older girl, so she closed her eyes for a brief moment trying to process what the Japanese girl had just asked her. Chaeyoung stammered a little bit, “U-Uh… I-I’m sorry… what?”

 

Momo gave gave a small sigh and said, “You like Mina… but she doesn’t like you back… right?”

Chaeyoung didn’t say anything in response and sat there in silence making the whole conversation super awkward, Momo kind of felt bad for asking such a personal question, but she really needed an answer form the gir-

 

“Yes… I like Mina.. a lot,” Chaeyoung said staring at the ground with a small smile, “I like her so much… that my only thoughts are of her most of the time.”

 

Momo had given a disgusted look hearing how cheesy that had sounded, but it was adorable seeing her smaller friend being so enamored by her step-sister. Momo then positioned herself so that her whole body was facing Chaeyoung and was sitting cross-legged on the bed.

 

“How do you feel that Mina doesn’t like you back,” Momo asked quickly.

 

Chaeyoung looked up at the ceiling for a few minutes trying to formulate something to say with all of the thoughts that were flying in her head. Momo could see that Chaeyoung was trying to focus from her lip biting and hardened look.

 

“I feel…” Chaeyoung said slowly as she looked at Momo, “Hopeful.”

 

Momo scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, she was not expecting that answer. Chaeyoung chuckled seeing the older girl’s face, “You were probably expecting me to say like sad or frustrated… yes I do feel those, but you have to look on the positive side of things.”

 

“Liking Mina may have been one of the worst things I’ve ever done,” Chaeyoung said slowly, embarrassed that she was confessing all of this to her crush’s step sister, “But it was also one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made.”

 

“When you fall for someone… there are things that you notice about them,” Chaeyoung said softly, “Like the way Mina smiles when she talks about her games, or her little pouty face after one of her gymnastic competitions… I could go on about it.”

 

Momo gave an awkward chuckle not wanting to hear that kind of stuff, but Chaeyoung kept going, “I may be younger than you and may have less experience with this type of stuff, but I want to be positive about Mina liking me back… even if it takes months or years.”

 

The Japanese girl gave a small nod and thought ‘I just have to be positive about all of this… I shouldn’t be mad at Jeong for all of this, it wasn’t her fault… but then why did Nayeon kiss me that day? Was she just messing with me?’ Momo gave a frustrated sigh making Chaeyoung raise an eyebrow in concern, “Are you ok?”

 

“Yeah,” Momo said, “I guess I’m just have an unrequited love as well.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded slowly as Momo got off of the bed and smiled at Chaeyoung once again, “Thank you for talking to me… I wasn’t expecting to you to.”

“Well it gets pretty boring in this hospital room,” The small girl said with a small smile.

 

Momo laughed in agreement as she was making her way out, “Also I promise I won’t tell Mina any of this… you have my word.”

“You better,” Chaeyoung said with an accusing point, “Or else I’ll kill you.”

 

Momo chuckled, but before she left the room Chaeyoung had spoke up, “Just to know there are also other people who like you as well… you’re just not looking hard enough.”

 

The Japanese girl raised an eyebrow and was about to say something, but a nurse had walked in making Momo move out of the way and leave the room. She watched as the door was closed in front of her.

 

-

 

Just as Tzuyu promised she had arrived at the warehouse on her skateboard seeing people walking in and out bringing in the supplies. While the girl was staring she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders, “Hey TzuTzu how have you been?”

 

The tall girl looked over seeing Pinky with her big smile, while Elkie and Cheng Xiao gave a small wave from behind them. Tzuyu chuckled, “Everything’s been fine,” then she looked at the ruckus in front of them, “I’m guessing you guys are here to help set up?”


The four girls were walking over to the building and witnessed Mark and Jackson fighting over which beers was the best, while Xuan Yi looked like she was about to kill both of the boys.

 

When Xuan Yi had spotted the girls walking her way she gave a sigh in relief, “Thank god you guys are here.”

 

“I need your help moving some boxes into the kitchen?” the older girl said, “Since those two nimrods won’t do it.”

 

Tzuyu and Elkie had grabbed the boxes that were on the ground and making their way into the warehouse. Elkie looked at Tzuyu and asked, “So how are things where you live?”

 

The younger girl gave a small shrug in response as she placed down the box onto the kitchen counter, “It’s going pretty decent… I’m getting good grades and that kind of stuff.”

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

Tzuyu stopped what she was doing for a second and scrunched her eyebrows in response and thought that was an out of the blue question. She looked at Elkie and said, “Kind of random question… I don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

The other girl gave a small sigh in relief, but Tzuyu said, “But I think I am about to get one.”

Hearing that shattered Elkie’s heart, she never knew when she had developed feelings for the younger girl, but she knew she definitely had some for her. Elkie looked up with a weird look making Tzuyu raise an eyebrow, “Are you ok? You don’t look so good.”

 

Elkie gave a lopsided smile and was walking away, “Y-yeah I’m fine… I just need some fresh air.”

 

Tzuyu gave a small nod in response as she watched the older girl walk away with a dejected look. Elkie had walked outside seeing Pinky and Xiao throwing party confetti at each other. Elkie trudged past the two girls which made Pinky raise an eyebrow, “Elkie where are you going?”

 

“Somewhere quiet so I can think,” the girl said as she disappeared behind the building.

 

Pinky and Xiao looked at each other with confused looks as they made their way into the warehouse seeing Tzuyu sitting on one of the kitchen stools and laughing at her phone.

 

Xiao walked over and leaned over to see what Tzuyu was chuckling at, “What’s so funny?”

 

The Taiwanese girl quickly pocketed her phone so the two girls next to her wouldn’t see what she had been laughing about. Pinky had sat on the table and smirked at the younger girl, “You weren’t slick Chou… come on what were you laughing at?”

 

Tzuyu wasn’t going to budge as she shook her head in response and said, “None of your business… also did you guys see where Elkie went?”

 

“We’ll tell you if you tell us what you were laughing at,” Xiao said making a deal with the soccer player.

 

The tall girl rolled her eyes in response, “You guys know you’re annoying right?”

 

The two girls laughed in response, while Pinky said, “Come on TzuTzu tell us what you were laughing at.”

 

The Taiwanese gave a wary look to the two girls, she still hasn’t told anyone that she was into girls and still wasn’t ready to tell anyone yet, but maybe it would be a start telling these two.

 

She gave a small exhale and gave a look of seriousness which made the two girls in front of her give nervous glances to each other. Tzuyu said slowly, “What I’m about to tell you… you promise you won’t judge me?”

 

Xiao and Pinky were starting to get even more nervous by the second, but they slowly nodded their head in responses. 

 

“I have a girlfriend.”

 

Pinky and Xiao were silent for a few seconds and had to make sure they were hearing things properly. Xiao said slowly, “You… have a girlfriend?”

 

Tzuyu nodded her head with a cautious look, afraid of what the outcome could be. Pinky was the first to react and hugged the tall girl, “Congratulations!”


The Taiwanese girl was confused she was expecting disgusted looks from her two friends, she said as Pinky was still hugging her, “Y-You guys aren’t disgusted by me?”

Xiao chuckled to herself, “Why would we? We’re lesbians too.”

“L-Lesbians?” Tzuyu said slowly trying to figure out what that word meant.

 

Pinky explained as she let go from the hug and stared at her younger friend for a moment trying to figure out if she was pulling her leg or not, but when Pinky could see that Tzuyu wasn’t joking she smiled and said, “Its just another word for girls liking girls.”

Tzuyu slowly nodded her head in response as she looked back at the two girls and said, “So what’s up with Elkie then?”

 

The two girls shrugged in response, “Maybe she’s been having a rough week… don’t mind her she’ll come around eventually.”

 

The soccer player smiled in response as Jackson walked in with a huge barrel of alcohol and yelled, “Can you three help me with this please… I-I’m kinda struggling here.”

 

-

 

Sana had been strolling around town after school, after her and Tzuyu had said their goodbyes to each other Sana had felt the warmth disappear from her.

It was strange to the Japanese girl, she had never really felt all of this before and thought ‘This must be what love feels like.’ She chuckled to herself.

 

Her mind had wandered off to what Tzuyu had been talking about earlier… about how life has already chosen our path in life. Sana had somewhat believed that, but another side of her believed that she could make her own choices.

 

She was walking on the sidewalk when she spotted a ramen shop across the street from  her. She was a bit hungry and had some pocket money so she walked into the shop and could smell the fresh ramen smoke enter her nostrils.

 

The Japanese girl noticed all of the Japanese decorations and interior, she had never really remembered her life in Japan so she didn’t feel nostalgic or anything when entering the shop. She took her seat at an empty table as she looked around then somebody stood in front of her making her turn her attention to the person.

 

“Hello,” The woman said with a small smile, “Would you like a drink to start with?”

Sana smiled back and said, “A water will be fine.”

 

The woman went back into the kitchen to create the food for her. Sana went back to looking around the restaurant until she heard jingling of bells, she turned her attention towards the noise and saw a familiar walking into the restaurant.

 

Dahyun was walking in as she greeted to the woman that had served Sana earlier. As the pale girl was looking for a seat she spotted the older Japanese girl and widened her eyes in response while Sana gave a small smile and wave to the girl.

 

The younger girl proceeded her way to sit across from Sana and whispered, “What are you doing here?”

 

Sana chuckled in response as she leaned forward, “I could be asking you the same thing.”

 

Dahyun tried to hide her blush, but due to her pale composure she couldn’t hide it making the Japanese girl quickly notice and said, “So why are you here?”

 

“For no reason,” Dahyun said quickly as she looked at the menu trying to mind her own business.

 

Sana raised an eyebrow as her bowl of ramen was placed in front of her, while she was looking at her food she noticed out of the corner of her eye that Dahyun was turned around looking at something. Curiosity had overtaken Sana so she looked up seeing Dahyun looking across the street.

 

The Japanese girl noticed that Dahyun was looking at the flower shop that Momo worked at, then as if on cue Momo had walked out of the shop with flowers in her hand and placing them in the front of the store.

 

Sana then looked back at Dahyun who was staring at the girl with the same look that she would give Tzuyu, then it clicked into the older girl’s head… Dahyun liked Momo.

 

She wasn’t going to jump to those conclusions, but it seemed pretty evident that the younger girl may have some sort of infatuated feelings for the other Japanese girl so Sana decided to test the waters.

 

“So… Momo?” Sana said as she took a sip out of her drink.

 

Dahyun quickly turned around with wide eyes seeing that she had been caught which had answered Sana’s question. The pale girl on the other hand was a stuttering mess saying, “M-Momo… w-what are you talking about?”

 

Sana shrugged her shoulders in response as she smiled, “You seem very… interested in her.”

 

“N-No,” Dahyun’s said trying her best to stutter, but was utterly failing.

 

The older girl chuckled in response, “Don’t worry Dahyun… I won’t tell anyone that you like girls,” then she whispered, “I like girls too.”

 

Dahyun had widened her eyes in response. In all of her time hanging out with Sana she never knew that the Japanese girl had liked girls… she seemed more like the type to have crushed on buff guys and boys with curly hair. 

 

“So when did you start having a crush on Momo?” Sana said as she started to slurp her noodles.

 

Dahyun raised an eyebrow, “What makes you think that I like her?”

 

“Well you have the same look I have when staring at Tzuyu,” Sana said with a small blush of embarrassment realizing she just admitted that she had a crush on Tzuyu.

 

The pale girl didn’t give any reaction making Sana ask, “Are you not shocked?”

“Not really,” Dahyun said with a laugh, “I mean you two hangout a lot… and Tzuyu’s really pretty so I’m not surprised.”

 

This time it was Sana’s turn to blush then asked, “You didn’t answer my question… when did you start liking Momo?”

 

“I don’t really know,” Dahyun said as she leaned back into her seat, “It kind of just happened on day… I was lying in bed and thinking about Momo, then I had an epiphany that I started developing feelings for her.”

 

Sana had sat there in silence thinking about the time when she had fallen for the Taiwanese girl. There were a lot of times where Tzuyu had made Sana’s heart flutter, Dahyun then asked, “What about you? When did you start liking Tzuyu?”

 

The Japanese girl was about to say something, but then she felt a buzz in her pocket. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and saw that she had call form her Mom.

 

She answered the call and heard the yelling her mother was giving.

 

Can you come back home right now?

 

Sana could hear the slight worry in her mother’s voice and said quietly, “What’s wrong? I’m with a friend right now.”

 

Your ex-father… is currently drunk at the moment and I need to be at my boss’s dinner in a few minutes.

 

Then she could hear in the background the sound of a man groaning and crying then a her mother scolding the person making Sana give a small chuckle and said, “I’ll be there in a bit.”

 

She ended the call and looked back at Dahyun and said, “I have to go… I have some family matters to attend to.”

 

The pale girl smiled in response as Sana got up from her seat and said, “It was nice talking to you Dahyun… we should talk again sometime.”

 

Then she walked out the restaurant door leaving the pale girl sitting alone in the booth.