A Coincidental Meeting

How To Fix A Broken Heart

How long had she slept?, Krystal hadn't even bothered to wake her up this morning and so here she was, stood in her favourite coffee shop waiting in line looking like she was here to hold the place up with her hood over her head and her sunglasses firmly on. The one thing she hated was being so recognizable, as an idol it was marginally avoidable, as a non-Korean idol, it was impossible to go anywhere unnoticed. Sighing as her order was passed over, she found a vacant table and sat down, playing with the packets of sugar in front of her as she watched the people rush through the heavy rain. She was stuck in a daydream about how it must be nice to fit into the crowd and disappear for once but after a few seconds she was shook out of it by a familiar sounding voice. "Oh..um..excuse me..is anyone sitting here? It's just that all other tables are full..". She looked around to see a long coat down to the girl's ankles and as she took her sunglasses down and smiled in acceptance, she saw it was the girl from down the hall.It took a minute for her to find words and the girl sat down slowly next to her, a warmth passed between them as she shook of her damp coat and smiled before doing the same expression of recognition and blushing hard into her drink. "I didn't recognize you in your disguise Miss Liu. You must get fans bothering you a lot huh?", her intent wasn't to make Amber feel self concious but she grimaced at her just as a shy girl approached and asked for her autograph and a photo. "I'm not the most popular member, even though i'm the leader, but I still had to move here because of so many fans...mainly they ask about my members but it's a little easier for me to blend in than you can I guess.". Amber hadn't been able to get a word in but she didn't mind, she could listen to that angelic voice all day. Her pocket buzzed and she absent-mindedly pulled out her phone, seing Krystal's face pop up on the screen, she thumbed the green phone symbol and answered the call, apologising to her new neighbour as she stood up and walked to a deserted corner of the cafe to talk in private. The call didn't last long and she hung up with a sigh, a middle-aged woman had mistaken her for an employee and had asked her to take her newly emptied cup to the counter for her, Amber obliged with a sarcastic smile and made her way back to her seat. Before she got there, she stopped, someone had taken her place and was talking animatedly to her angel. The long purple hair swishing as the new arrival playfully put her arm around Yongsun and laughed. What was this feeling Amber had, was it jealousy?, how did she have the right to be jealous when her own girlfriend was waiting for her to get home?. Not wanting to intrude, she walked to the counter and paid for thier drinks before leaving without a word, her baseball cap sat on the table abandoned.

"Hey, who's hat is this?..don't tell me you were on a date with my love rival?..yah!, don't be like that, you know i'm only teasing. Anyway, I might take this home, it looks expensive, or do you want it?". Yongsun knew Moonbyul was always joking but sometimes she wished she wasn't, she wished they were lovers, she wished Amber knew how she felt, she wished she could have them both with absolutely zero consequences or bad feelings in the pit of her stomach that sometimes rose and made her heart ache, but she couldn't. Here she was, sat next to her unofficial lover, thinking about the girl that never left her mind. She must have looked sad because a few seconds later and Moonbyul was enveloping her in a back hug. The flash of a phone camera told her it was time to go, there really was nowhere they weren't recognized anymore. Standing up a little too abruptly, she grabbed Amber's hat and hid it under her coat, Moonbyul hadn't seen but she noticed Yongsun's intention and followed her out of the cafe, on the way she tried to pay but the waitress informed her that the bill had been taken care of. Frowning a little as the door closed behind them, she opened up an umbrella and held it over them as they started thier journey home. Was it too late to tell Yongsun how she really felt or was this the moment?. As they closed the door behind them inside her apartment, Byul took a second long and rehearsed in her head what she would say but before she could say a single thing, her lips were covered and she felt Yongsun's body press against hers. This must be it, should she close her eyes?, why had Yongsun initiated the kiss and taken that away from her?. But wait, these were her fingers, not her soft lips, she was being shushed, back pressed against the locked door and the light underneath was dancing sporadically, neighbours passed by gossiping about two members of Mamamoo being seen on a date in the nearby cafe. Yongsun sighed into Moonbyul as she held the familiar looking cap from the cafe in her hand. "Oh I better wait until morning to give this back to her..you can sleep here if you like Byulie, goodnight.", with that, she walked towards her bedroom and seconds later the door snapped shut. Yongsun's words were like hands inside Moonbyul, there for the sole purpose of squeezing her heart, she found herself wishing Yongsun hadn't moved here, hadn't met her but she realised all she needed to do was to wait and Yongsun would be hers, one day. Maybe.