Everything Leads To Her

How To Fix A Broken Heart

There's a rap at the front door and a letter slides underneath, unnoticed. Every part of what had happened in the hallway was replaying in flashes of action, I can still see his crumpled form everytime I close my eyes. The sound of the water in my ears is loud and I don't hear Amber calling me from the front room, her voice urgent as she opens the bathroom door and barges in, letter in hand. She reads aloud as the steam threatens to make the ink run from the paper, I lean out of the shower to listen as she reads the court summons. That lying stinking rat has made a complaint against me for attacking him, I smirk as she finishes and she gives me a quizzical look. "It's not funny Soojung, you have to go to court..what did you do to him?. You know he's been looking for a way to hate me more since we got together. Why would you do this?". She slammed the door as she left and I stood there for a few minutes in a kind of shock before turning the shower off and getting out. She hadn't gone far and I laughed a little to see the colour of her face matching her hair as she paced the bedroom. Normally she would see me completely like this and jump me instantly, but this time she barely notices and I dry and dress quickly, snatching my letter from her and giving it a cursory glance. I tuck it inot my pocket and peck her cheek, the taste of her skin not nearly as nice as I imagine hers to be. I have to snap myself out of the lingering thoughts as I tell her I need to go next door for a second. "Why?. What could you possibly need from next door whilst you should be worried about jail right now?.", her voice was harsh but I knew she was just worried about me. Walking automatically out of our apartment and knocking on thier door, I waited patiently until the lock clicked and the door swung open a little, it was her, her hair was messy and she was wearing men's boxer shorts and an open white shirt, the swell of her s just visible either side of the ed material. I stared but caught myself just in time to see her smirking, her arm resting against the doorframe casually like so many guys from cheesy dramas I had watched before. I didn't say a word but showed her the summons instead, she took the paper and read it thoroughly, her expression changing to a more serious one. She motioned for me to come insid and I followed as she used her spare hand to pull the shirt closed, a small part of my longing dying as she did so. Her girlfriend it seemed was asleep in the bedroom behind as we sat on the sofa and talked in hushed tones.

"Well, obviously you don't need to worry. There isn't any evidence you touched him at all right?. At no time did you lay a finger on him, lay your head on his chest for comfort, none of that right?. It's me who should be going to court, not you. Will you leave this with me and let me take care of it?.". I nodded and shook my head in response to every question she had asked adn now I enthusiastically nodded at the end. With a smile, she folded the letter and placed it in the waistband of her underwear as she stood up, the shirt falling a little loose again and flashing me a little more skin than before. She caught it before too much was revealed and was about to say something when the appparently no longer sleeping woman stood in the doorway of the bedroom, her y lingerie obvious beneath her light coloured robe as she asked if she was coming back to bed. I didn't want to admit jealousy but as I left a few minutes later, my stomach knotted a little as my imagination showed me what they must be up to behind that bedroom door.

Thrilled from my encounter with her, my saviour and elated at the knowledge of her dealing with him, I opened my apartment door and went straight to the newly occupied bathroom. Amber was singing in the shower and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't anoyed by the sound. I slipped out of my clothes without making a sound and stepped into the shower, our bodies pressed against each other so that even the water couldn't find a way between us. It had been a while since we had done anything like this but now I kissed her with a passion and we spent the next hour entwined and steamy, not because of the shower's heat but because I was thinking of her, I wanted her. The way she had shown me just a little of herself but just enough to make me want to see what she was hiding. I was physically here with Amber but I was mentally back in that apartment, in that bedroom I had never been in before, holding her, her name, looking into her eyes and feeling her hands all over me. It didn't matter that she wasn't actually here, it felt as though if I could will it, she would be here for as long as I needed.