Forbidden Thoughts And Memories

How To Fix A Broken Heart

"Hey, you're the girl from next door right?", Yongsun started at the familiar voice, looking around just in time to see a grinning face and the boyish charm of Miss Liu walking towards her. She smiled in response and sipped her coffee before offering the facing chair to her new friend. Friend?, was that the right word for someone who made you feel like this?. Someone who makes you feel like you're a teenager falling in love for the first time again, surely she deserves a better title than friend. She thought for a minute but after rummaging through all the alternatives, each sounding a little too intimate as she went along, Yongsun decided that 'friend' would have to do and she snapped herself back to the here and now. They sat for a few minutes in silence until Amber broke the ice, asking how she had been and had she seen what had happened outside of their apartments?. When Yongsun said she hadn't, Amber chuckled and said she must be a very heavy sleeper. Yongsun offered to buy her a drink but she refused and at the end of their time together, she stealthily managed to pay for her own and Yongsun's drinks, much to the latter's dismay. "Do you mind if we walk together?, I mean, if you're going home too. It seems silly to go seperately since we'll be going the exact same way.". Amber looked questioningly at her and Yongsun took a second to compose herself enough to not blush, nodding and agreeing that it would be silly.

As they were walking in the cool summer breeze, it took all of Yongsun's willpower to not turn her head and stare at Amber, it didn't help that she had chosen to wear a shirt that Yongsun remembered Moonbyul wearing a few years ago. In fact, she remembered the first day she had worn it, if she remembered correctly, then it was their first time and she bit her lip a little at the memory. Amber must have noticed because she was looking at Yongsun as she asked if she was ok, that same chuckle playing on her lips. Oh god! why was she staring at her lips?, why did she not want to look away?, had she noticed?, Yongsun hoped not but she actually blushed all the same and turned her face away. Silent minutes passed between them and it was becoming increasingly difficult to think of a way to possibly start a new thread of conversation, but just as she had thought of something, Amber perked up and asked if she had seen the controversial new shop which had opened just around the corner from their apartment building?. Yongsun said she hadn't and followed with a question about the reasoning for the controversy surrounding it. "Well, I don't think it's anything too scandalous, we have them all over the US but I guess this is Korea. It's a lingerie store.", she smirked a little as she said it but she must have been embarrassed to say 'lingerie' to the angel walking beside her because she instantly ducked her head and blushed a little. Yongsun's cheeks coloured a little too as she heard the word and tried hurriedly to change the conversation but drew a complete blank in the ideas department. The rest of the walk home became even more awkward from then on and both women got the feeling that it definately would be better to continue in silence.

Arriving at the elevator a little while later, Amber having held the main door to the building open in a fit of gallantry, they both accidentally lunged for the button at the same time and a jolt of electricity seemed to pass between their fingers which made them look into each others eyes and laugh. For a second, neither one of them moved, Amber's finger still pressed softly over Yongsun's until they realised and moved apart. The lift pinged as it arrived and they stepped inside, once again Amber let Yongsun go first. Yongsun felt almost flattered and heart fluttered a little at the gentlemanly manner of it all, Moonbyul had long since lost this side of her, barging past her regularly to get to places first. Yongsun was the one stood nearest to the buttons and so she pressed the 'up' button and waited for the soft automatic female voice to tell them they were rising up to the next floor. She chanced a glance to her side and didn't know if she should keep the unexpected eye contact with Amber, the latter was watching her with a new look in her eyes. Yongsun felt herself blush a little as she stared back, her breath catching in as she stepped backwards and her back hit the cold metal wall. Amber closed the gap between them and smirked "I know this is what you want, i've seen the way you look at me. Nobody needs to know, if it happens in here then it's our little secret right?". Her voice was deep and it made the tiny hairs on Yongsun's neck stand on end as she felt her heart quicken. Their bodies were almost touching, lips so close that if she stuck her tongue out, it would find purchase. A ping sounded somewhere and the doors slid open, Yongsun stepped out of the lift and waited for Amber to follow, to her surprise, the distance between them was further than she remembered, had it all been a daydream?. As if she had read her mind, Amber stepped out of the lift and moved closer to Yongsun, stopping a few inches away and grinning, she carried on walking down the hall as she said in a muttered tone, "I felt it too..".