003

The Mirror

Eunmyung’s POV

The moment I heard Yibyul’s panic voice, I packed my stuff with Jini’s help and rushed outside, halted a taxi as both of us rushed to Yibyul’s. While on our way to Yibyul’s, I can’t seem to stop my head from repeating the same scene from four years ago over and over again.

“Hey, you okay?” Jini patted my shoulders and nodded.

Once we arrived, I ran to Yibyul’s front door and knocked. “Byul! We’re here!” And yet, no answer.

“I’ll try calling her.” Jini took out her phone as she called Yibyul, and again, no answer.

I took a few steps back and looked up, just when an idea crossed my mind. “Jini, I’ve got an idea.”

Already pulling Jini to the nearby tree, she gave me a look. “Are you being serious right now?” Jini blinked, I nodded. “Are you crazy? THIS IS GOING TO COST MY LIFE AND FYI, I STILL NEED TO ATTEND SCHOOL TOMORROW.” Jini shook her head. “Oh my gosh, with that blue head of yours, teachers might as well not care about you being abse- YAH, YOU’RE NOT GOING TO DIE FROM CLIMBING THE TREE.” Did I mention about me and Jini bickers a lot?

And so, both of us ended up being in Yihan’s room through the unlocked window. Both of us went straight to Yibyul’s room, only to find an empty room. “Where is she?” Jini asked. Both of us went downstairs and searched the whole house for a while, still, no presence of Yibyul. 

Just when I was about to call Yihan, “Eunmyung unnie! She’s here!” Jini who went up once again shouted from upstairs. I went upstairs as I heard Jini asked Yibyul where did she went. No response heard from Yibyul who was standing infront of both me and Jini. Instead of answering, “How did you guys-” She was about to ask when both of me and Jini answered at the same time, “window.” Yibyul nodded and walked to her bed as she laid down.

“So…?” Jini spoke up. “Where were you?”

Yibyul sat up and looked at both of us. I expected something like an explaination of why did she sound so panic before, or where did she hide, until she answered

“..…in the mirror?” She smiled awkwardly.

Silence filled the room.

“Hold me Jini before I go and stab this girl.”