And Then...Nothing

A Conspiracy of Words

Chapter 6:And Then...Nothing

 

Everything around Tao was burning, he started looking around, just trying to get a hold of what was going on. But he couldn't, he didn't know where was Mei, Se Hun, the door, or anything else, he didn't even know where he was anymore. He started coughing violently, he couldn't see what was even in front of him anymore from all the smoke. He started to get nauseous from all the smoke and the smell of blood creeping up on him, I mean smoke takes up all oxygen so it wasn't possible for him to actually be able to smell anything but all those deaths in front of him finally got to him, he started to slowly black out, but then he felt a sudden pull from behind, but he didn't know what it was, all of a sudden he saw a strand of blood red hair, he out for a moment, when he awoke he noticed he was out of burning room, someone was dragging him, but he couldn't resist, he couldn't even look up, he wanted to cough but he couldn't he felt like it was finally the end, he saw blood coming down the hand that was dragging him, he couldn't stand the color red anymore, and so he lost conciseness once again. The next morning he awoke, in a warm bed, with someone opening the curtains wide open. He thought it was all a dream. Going to London, meeting Alizeé, Se Hun getting hurt, Mei dying. It was all a dream, but the shock was when he opened his eyes to a ceiling he did not recognize and an unfamiliar voice telling him Good morning in English.

Tao's eyes widened in shock, he wanted to jump out the bed and see what happened, but he couldn't he was covered in bandages all around, and felt like he couldn't move, like he was paralyzed. He tried to speak, but words didn't come out, the person came up to him, she started speaking to him in English, but he didn't know anymore, he couldn't hear her, nor did he want to. But once the foreign lady spoke about fire, he instantly began to listen, she said:

"You got caught in the fire, it really is a miracle you survived, I heard there were no survivors except for you, and there seems to be something weird with the situation there, the police are investigating."

Tao wanted to speak so bad, he just couldn't he tried and he tried, the nurse left him after some time, Tao didn't have anything to live for anymore. So Tao decided to fall asleep, and he hoped it would be an eternal sleep.

He woke up after some time, he noticed that he was still in the same room, he let out a deep sigh, and spoke out loud:

"Ah, guess there really is no hope for me."

He was surprised by his own voice, he noticed he could again move freely, he was a little sore but it was still alright, I mean he could move, he quickly got out the bed. At that moment a nurse came in, she quickly told him to lay down. Tao had a million questions, but then a doctor came in. He sat next to Tao and started explaining how they had to give him a lot of medication that made him kind of paralyzed and unable to speak. Tao just listen carefully, he then quickly stated asking the doctor about Se Hun and Mei. The doctor shook his head, he told Tao:

"Indeed, there were found remains of an Asian female teenager, but this boy that was also with, the police didn't find anything. By the way, the police said they would come and question you once you got better, and I heard that your friend's funeral is today. But I am sorry we can't let you go out just yet, you inhaled too much smoke, we have to keep you here for the time being."

Tao told the doctor that he understood, the doctor shook his head and left with nurse. Tao just stood laid there, his face was emotionless. He stood up for a moment, and then he felt a tear roll down against his dry. He couldn't just stand there, and so he quickly snuck out of the hospital. It was very hard to obtain information, but in the end he did it. And he came to Mei's funeral, he knew it was his fault, just because she met him, she had to die. Tao finally broke down, he started crying really hysterically, but he went away, since he knew it would be very rude to all the other people there. But all the people there didn't shed a tear, he felt disgusted. But all of a sudden he met the detectives. They were even more suspicious of him since he didn't stay in the hospital, they thought he had planned to escape and that he came to this funeral just because he felt guilty. After a lot of time had passed, Tao had finally been released. Since it was obvious that he couldn't have done it even if he wanted to. Alizeé and Lay were not spoken of. And even thou he knew the whole story, and even thou he knew Mei was dead, he could never believe that Se Hun was dead too. There were days spent in depression, and days spent in extreme search of Se Hun after that. But a whole month had passed, and still nothing. Tao didn't want to continue without his closest friend, not down the path of life, and not even down the path of Oxford St. It all felt so empty without Se Hun. One day he woke up at 5 AM. He had that dream of Mei burning and of Se Hun disappearing again, that dream was haunting him. Tao got up and decided to go for a walk down the cold streets around his house, that were completely even during the day, let alone 5 AM, since the house was pretty far away from London. He started walking, when he suddenly heard footsteps behind them. Tao had noticed that he had become a little scared boy over the months he was escaping the grasp of everyone that tried to destroy him.

The footsteps were surly those of a woman. He started walking unsteady and fast. The footsteps didn't leave him, they were constantly behind him. The constant clank of the heels made him even more nervous, to the point that he started running. Tao ran and ran until he finally stopped hearing the constant tap of the footsteps. He calmed down for a moment, but then he felt a cold hand against his face, he turned around and a stranger suddenly flew into his arms, she said in a very polite but snarky way:

"You once loved me, you currently hate me, but one day you will need me."

Tao got the chills, but he didn't move, he didn't pull away, he just stood there frozen. The person took of her hat, blood red hair started to fall against her body. She came really close to Tao's face, and placed her hands on his face, Tao was so scared of this demonic human that he couldn't even look at her in the face, Alizeé said in a painful voice:

"Look me in the eye, it's ok if you're scared, so am I. But we're scared for different reasons. I'm scared of what I won't become. And you're scared of what I could become. Look at me!"

Tao still couldn't face the girl, she let go of him. She put her hat back on and started to walk away, she said in a playful way:

"We returned your pet, he is well and healthy, I think he really wants to see you right not."

Tao didn't even look at Alizeé but he didn't doubt her words for a second, he ran off, leaving Alizeé to just stand there, she turned around slowly to face him, but had already known that he wasn't there.

Tao stormed into his house, he saw Se Hun lying on the floor. He ran up to Se Hun and started shaking him violently and calling his name. Se Hun's eyes suddenly opened, as he felt his friend's tears streaming down his face. Tao embraced Se Hun, Se Hun pulled away from Tao, Se Hun didn't care how he got there, or that it was Tao standing in front of him, he gave Tao a light slap, and said:

"Tao stop crying, what has gotten into you? You never cried when we were kids, don't worry about me so much idiot. We're a team, we shall either win together or crumble together. Even if I am not like you, I have something more than courage. I have patience. I will become what I know I am."

Tao felt surprise by his friend's words but oh so happy he just said:

"Yeah."

That day the feel asleep next to each other, holding each others hands tighter than ever, it was truly a bond unbreakable. Honestly, Se Hun needed his rest, for what came when they awoke was a shower of questions.

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry fangirls :D
This does not turn anymore gay than it already is. Jk, but like it's only friendship.

Anyways, more to vote for.........YAY