Truths.

My Bandmate's Sister's Boyfriend

[Taemin’s POV]

“Okay, so truth? Or dare?” Jonghyun hyung asked Key hyung. The one who decided to play got picked twice already, and this is the third time. Hoohoo, look who’s suffering.

“Truth?” He was a little hesitant.

“I’ll ask him!” I volunteered myself. This might be a good opportunity to know how Key hyung feels about Cherry. I mean, of course he likes Cherry. But I wanted to know something more. Oh, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just overreacting?

“Go ahead, Taemin-ah.” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Hyung.. We all know you like Cherry, right?” I started off.

“Oh no, here it goes.” Minho hyung muttered.

“And?” Key hyung looked at me.

“How much do you really like Cherry?”I asked.

It was quiet for a while. Everyone anticipated Key hyung’s answer. He thought of it deeply, I can tell. Then, he smiled.

“I like Cherry. I like her so much that I’ll say it everyday just to make up for the days I haven’t made her happy. Oh wait.. No. I don’t like her.” He stopped and looked at Cherry.

“I love her..”

Cherry blushed, then she looked down. I felt a sharp blow in my chest. I didn’t know why, but I felt like something just stabbed my heart. I knew I shouldn’t have asked him that.

Of course, he loves Cherry. He really does. The night when I saw the two of them kissing, I saw pain in his eyes as he pulled away. It’s like the whole world is on his shoulders, that he’ll break down anytime. Back when he and Cherry are still sort-of together, he always wore a bright, genuine smile. But now, a weak, frail smile is curved up on his face whenever we talk about Cherry. I guess his love for her is really deep, that’s why the pain is unbearable as well.

But I can’t lose her to him. I can’t. I want to fight for her, but how will I know if she wants me to?

“Oh kay.. It’s settled then! Key-goon answered that he.. loves Cherry.” Jonghyun hyung broke the silence. That moment, Key hyung brightened up and is back to how he was before.

“Key, spin the bottle!” Onew hyung said.

Key hyung, then, spun the bottle.. then it landed on..

“Onew hyung.”I smiled.

I have tons of questions to ask Onew hyung. His eyes widened as he stared at the bottle which is currently pointed at him.

“Truth or dare?” Key hyung asked.

“Truth?” Onew hyung readied himself for the questions.

“I’ll ask him!” Cherry suddenly exclaimed. “I want to know something..” She smirked at everyone. We all nodded at the same time, knowing the question she was about to ask.

“Jinki oppa..” Cherry stared at her brother, grinning. Onew hyung gulped.

“Y-yes?”

“Is there...”She started off. “..something..”

“Just say it already!” Onew hyung was restless.

“..between you and Jungmin??”Cherry high-fived us. Nice!

“Hyung, this is the truth! You can’t lie!” Minho said as he smiled widely.

Jungmin was shocked with the question as well. She blushed hard and just looked down.

This is good. Really good. Heh.


[Onew's POV]

“You can’t lie!” Minho exclaimed.

Everyone’s eyes were on me. Except for Jungmin, of course. Are they this curious?! Why are they doing this to me? Am I a bad hyung and oppa to them? Why??

“Hyung, we’re itching to know. We really are. You always talk about her and such, but you won’t admit it. Just tell us!” Key said.

“And when the other members are looking for me, you always let them ask me if I’m with Jungmin. Now that’s something, right? Just spill it!” Cherry yelled.

Are they this.. observant? Omo, I shouldn’t have talked about her a lot. I mean, I can’t help it! I wanted to know how she’s doing and if she’s fine. Just that. I didn’t know they’d jump into conclusions already.

“We can’t wait forever!” Taemin also said.

Oh, right. I should answer. It was me who picked ‘truth’ in the first place. And I can’t lie! That’s why it’s called ‘truth’. Omo, eotteohke? If I picked ‘dare’, they would probably say,

‘Tell us how you feel about Jungmin.’

So I didn’t have a choice anyway. Sigh, I didn’t know ‘truth or dare’ was this hard. I looked at their faces one by one; they’re so restless! Then, I looked at Jungmin, and she was staring at me as well, waiting for my answer. I didn’t tell her how I feel anyway. I guess she’s just as curious as the others are.

Okay, Lee Jinki. Just tell them now. You’re not confessing to the whole world. It’s just among the eight of you. Just eight. You can do this. And it’s an advantage. You won’t have think of a way on how to tell Jungmin anymore. This game would do it. I don’t really know how she will react to this, or how will she feel.

Okay, Onew. Relax. Take a deep breath, and tell them that..

“I like Jungmin.”