Rude Byul

Dynamic Duo

 

Byul has to admit that being born as the first child and on top of that, a Capricorn, has made her naturally protective over important people in her life. It is so natural that sometimes some people get suffocated over it. The fact that she is aware of this specific trait has made her quite selective at letting people come into her life. Though, through times, she’s finally able to draw a line between who should be protected and who shouldn’t. 

That’s why it’s easier to make friends casually now. 

But, if there is one thing that wouldn’t ever change is the protectiveness she has towards her family and her significant other. The term family meant broad because it included her members, crews and best friends, but the significant other stands only for one person which is being taken by Kim Yongsun for the last eight months now. 

It scares her so much because the protectiveness has doubled up from what used to be. The reason might be because Yongsun has always been her family before she’s becoming Byul’s girlfriend. From the sweet act like keep checking out her appearances so she will always look perfect to being brooding over small things whenever she feels Yongsun crosses the line. 

What kind of act that could be stated as crossing the line, you ask? It can be anything. From the simple things like feeling abandoned whenever Yongsun doesn’t reply to her text messages right away to the complex one when they’re retelling stories about their exes to each other. To tell the truth, Byul has no idea what kind of limit she actually put on this protectiveness act. She only knows that when the ill-feeling starts crawling up inside, she just wants to mark Yongsun as hers to the world. 

But, she can’t do that and it’s eating her up. 

Especially when she realized that her girlfriend is too in love with a song called Rude Boy.

---

“Do you really need to roll your body like that?”

Byul is taking off her jacket while walking to the living room. Yong who’s five steps behind her doesn’t say anything which annoys the younger girl so much. She is turning around and finds Yong casually humming to the melody of the song she hated the most in the moment while taking off her shoes, “Now, you act like you don’t hear me?”

“Just sit down and relax, Byul-ah.”

The younger one rolls her eyes but finds her body unconsciously obedient with Yong’s request. Sometimes, she hates how her girlfriend always acts mature and logical. It always prevents her from going full-force at acting like a petulant child. As the older one kept moving around the house to check whatever she needed to check, Byul can’t help but feel impatient, “Sits, would you? Is this your way to ignoring-”

Suddenly, Yong is coming out from the corridor while holding a blanket. She sits so close beside Byul and covers both of them with the fabric. As the older one tried to turn on the TV, Byul stopped her, “You know I want to talk.”

Yong sighed, “It’s really silly to be mad over a performance.” which instantly peaked Byul’s already anger feeling to the next level, “I saw so many -eyes towards you tonight and you called me silly?!”

“Yes, you are! It is part of my job. No, our job!”

“Yeah right and I had never moved my body like you on stage.”

Yong tilted her head to glare back at the other girl, “Oh, please, what’s so different between my body rolls with your ing waist move?” She paused for five seconds before answered in a dramatic tone, “None, Byul-ah. None.”

The rapper pulled Yong’s wrist aggressively and forced her girlfriend to lay down on the sofa. Byul is trapping Yongsun’s body with her own on the above. Both of Yong’s wrist is moved to the top of her head and being held so tight by the younger girl. “You’re mine!”

The two girls are so consumed with their emotions that they stare at each other with hateful feelings. None of the girls wanted to treat each other this way. The day that they decide to be together, they know they should have comfort one another and this situation isn’t counted as one.

It is Yong who decided to talk first, “You know, I’m yours.” as softly as she could. The anger feeling is still there but her logical mind has slowly taken control, “I want to touch you. So, please, let me go? Please?”

Byul’s tight face starts to soften up while gradually letting the older one's wrist off. She put her head on Yong’s chest, “I’m sorry.” which being replied by Yong caressing her head. She says it one more time, “I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry, too.”

They know they should talk the problem out, but they’re just too tired to continue the fight. So, they slept on the sofa while trying to occupy their mind with the warmth of each other’s bodies. 

---

“Don’t you feel trapped, Unnie?” 

Mamamoo was on the backstage at another university festival event. Hyejin sits beside her leader while observing how her Byul-Unnie has been too mischievous with everyone. Even Wheein has started to eyed Hyejin and Yongsun to rescue her from Byul’s weird act. 

They’ve been together for so long that they know something has bothered their second older Unnie for her to act this hyper. And Hyejin, being the silent observer of the group, has kinda known it must have been related to Yongsun Unnie. Which only left one possible problem: Byul-Unnie’s over-protectiveness. 

Her leader shakes her head, “No, I don’t.” and knowing her Unnie for years has taught Hyejin to believe that it was an honest answer. She waited for another explanation until Yongsun answered, “I like to sing and move my body to Rude Boy a lot. It makes me feel beautiful and confident.” She paused, ”You are naturally a confident girl, Hyejin-ah but I- I practiced a lot to look strong when actually we all know how soft I am, right?”

The younger girl nodded, “But, you are beautiful, Unnie. With or without the song.”

Yongsun chuckled at the compliment, “Yeah, but I think Byul doesn’t like it. She- I don’t know, Hyejin-ah, it’s stupid to be attached to one specific song, huh? I should turn down my excitement over it.” The older girl noticed a worried face from Hyejin, “Hey, we will be fine, okay?”

The baby of the group sighed and nodded in agreement.

---

“I hate you.” as Yongsun pulled herself out from Byul’s sudden embrace after joining her to the bed. She turned around to avoid her girlfriend’s questionable stare, “Yong, I don’t do anything. What’s wrong with you?”

The older girl bites her lips to calm herself down, “You mimicked every move I made in the Rude Boy performance today.”

“I was joking!” as she shook Yongsun’s shoulder to ask the older girl to stop brooding. But, the long silence from the other girl has made her realize that maybe what she did was a big mistake,” Hey, it’s our thing to joke around on the stage. I don’t know what makes you act like this over that.”

Another silence and a sob later from Yongsun, Byul hugged her girlfriend and put her head on Yongsun’s neck and whispered to her ear “Stop crying, please. I’m sorry, I went too far.”

The older girl kept crying in silence but at least she let Byul touch her. “I know I’m being weird but- I thought you would be happy to see me being confident.”

“I am happy, Yong.”

“But, you hated it.”

“I used to hate it because you seemed to not need me anymore.”

“It’s stupid of you.”

“Yeah, it is stupid but you won’t look at me in the eyes while singing that song. You showed me that you could stand on your own and I hated that.”

Yongsun moved her body to hold Byul’s face, “Have I ever done something without asking your opinion first?”

The rapper shakes her head. 

“Have I ever complained whenever you hated my revealing clothes or me being too much with my make up?”

“Er, you always complain about that.”

“But, have I ever not did what you wanted? At least, after I’ve done singing, I’ve always done what you want. Am I right?”

The younger one gives her a weak nod. 

“So, in what way, please tell me, that I would think to not need you anymore?”

“I don’t know.” 

“When I asked you to be my girlfriend, I already accepted the fact that you’d like to control me-'' Byul wants to interrupt the statement but failed as Yongsun kept talking, “-and I accepted that. Hell, in fact, I like it. When everyone around me expected me to know everything, you know better that I’m not. You stay beside me through every decision I made. I’m so grateful to have you and I would choose you over and over again, Moon Byulyi.”

The younger girl blinked, “Do you mean it?”

“What?”

“You’ll choose me over anyone?”

Yongsun nodded, “Always. Yet, this act of yours has gone too far. I am also an individual that has my own mind. There will be a time when I want to do something that doesn’t involve you. But, what you should know, I could do it because I’ve got you by my side.” 

She pecked Byul’s lips quickly, “I love you.”

A smile started to form on Byul’s face, “Okay, this is like the most romantic words that I ever heard from Kim Yongsun and of course I’ll gladly accept it.” She paused while smirking at the laughing Yongsun, “But, please, turn your body rolls to the minimum effect. I still-”

Yongsun groaned in frustration while smacking the other girl’s chest, “You’re unbelievable, Byul-ah.”

“I don’t care. You still love me, no matter what.”

“I do. So, shut up.”

As Yongsun closes her eyes, Byul is staring at her warmly. She used to think that no one could handle her, but maybe it's simply because Kim Yongsun wasn't around at that time. She kissed her girlfriend's forehead before moving Yongsun's head to her shoulder, "Good night, Yong." 

"Goodnight to you too, Rude Byul."

Both are laughing their asses off. 

___

Author's note:

I wanted to make it funny but somehow it failed (?) XD

Just so you know, Yongsun and Rude Boy will always be my favorite otp after Moonsun :p

Thank you for subscribing and giving comments to this story!