Off-Limits

Moments With You (Baekhyun x Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

" I told you... I don't want to come here." Like what he did  for the last 4 years, he is stopping her from attending their yearly reunion.

 

However, it looks like he won't succeed this time.

 

" And I told you... I DON'T CARE. "  A stern look is plastered on her face and Baekhyun knows that no matter what he does and whatever his reasons are, they won't change her mind.

 

He knew, the moment he locked eyes with her, that he has lost this battle.

 

" FINE... alright!...

 

... BUT YOU COULD HAVE WORN A DIFFERENT DRESS! " Frustrated, Baekhyun ran his hand on his hair and the once perfectly groomed hair is now messy and tangled. This did not make him any less attractive though, but only made him look more ravishing.


"Do you even think you look good in that?? "

 

The words are already out of his mouth before he knows it, and he regretted it deeply. Not that he means something bad about what he said, he just doesn't know how to tell her exactly what he thinks towards the freaking dress.

 

She is wearing a white long-sleeved gown that perfectly hugged her body.  It may seem decent and elegant in one look but wait till you see the other side of it.

 

Baekhyun almost had a heart attack when she turned around, revealing a very inviting back. 

 

Her skin is practically glowing and it sure is a crime to be looking at it . One more second of staring and he might become a criminal, and so, he averted his gaze. Pulling his hanky in his coat packet and wiped the sweat that is starting to build up from his forehead.

 

 The damn dress does not swoop as low as you can imagine, but it is enough for him to loose his mind. Plus, the fact that there are hormonal guys in the event who can see her looking like this only added a huge chunk on his agony. 

 


"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like..."

 

"No, Baek. I think I know EXACTLY what you mean."


The car hasn't come to a full stop yet but she already opened the door and hopped out of it. As much as he wanted to chase her, Baekhyun can't do so because he is yet to find a perfect parking spot.

.

.

.

The school must have spent a lot for this event. The past reunions are only being held in the school grounds, but this time, it's different. The faculty, together with the other school staff, chose to rent a grand ballroom in one the 5 star hotels in Seoul.

 

As soon as he stepped in, Baekhyun was amazed by how elegantly the venue was decorated,  but what captured his attention is the huge chandelier hanging at the center. 


His eyes roamed around and not a minute passed and he already spotted her talking to her girlfriends at the far left corner of the grand hall.

 

He took a deep breath and then fixed his loose tie before taking a single step.

 


"Oh my! I never thought that I'd see you here, Byun Baekhyun." A high pitched voice stopped him from his track. 

 

Then a woman as tall as him slipped her arm on his. Startled, Baekhyun took two steps back so he can see who dared touch him.


Not that he doesn't like to be touched, to him it just felt... wrong. 

 

"Lee A-ra?"

.

.

.

 

" Are you sure you're not going to save him from his obsessed ex-girlfriend? " Ji-an, one of their closest friends, asked upon seeing Byun Baekhyun's ty ex clutch her filthy hands on the idol's arms.


" Looks like he's enjoying it to me " Her eyes are now boring holes in the champagne glass in front of her. She knows that her mortal enemy will be here that's why she almost agreed with Baekhyun to not come tonight. But then, several years of not attending earned her countless of threats from her so called friends. Telling her that if she did not come this year, her long hidden secret will be revealed.

 

And so here she is.

 


"Did you, two, faught again?" Mary inquired, another friend. She didn't say a word but they know that she is having a bad night and because they know her for a long time, they instantly know the reason why.

 

It is not new for them to see the bestfriends having a fight. It is an everyday occurence when they where still in highschool, to the point that they can still eat peacefully while the other two are almost murdering each other. 


"Are you sure there's really nothing going on between you, guys? You always fight like a married couple."

 

She scoffed.   " We'll never be a couple...

 

... he doesn't see me like that." 


"I beg to differ. "  A tall guy joined them. It was JunYoung. 

 

Her eyes lit up upon seeing him, she stood up and encircled her arms around the man's torso. A shriek escaped from when he lifted her up and spun her around while tightly hugging her.

 

"I missed you, dummy!"

 

"Me too...

 

"Anyway..." He pulled a chair beside her after greeting the other girls.

 

"As I said... I know he sees you NOT only as a friend..." He held up his forefinger when she started making a face of protest.


" Hear me out..

 

... Do you remember the time when we are supposed to meet on a weekend, and then you bailed out on me because you said the bastard suddenly had an asthma attack?"

 

It was a Friday night and their quarterly exams just ended when JunYoung asked her to have a quick coffee date. 


He was her one and only suitor back then, very dedicated, came from a good family, has decent school grades and one of the very few gentlemen she knows.


That's why she automatically agreed when he asked for some of her time.


However, she got a call that night from Baek Beom, Baekhyun's brother, telling her to come to their house, quick. The reason? The latter apparently had a sudden asthma attack, he is all alone with no one to take care of him. 


She didn't even had an idea that her bestfriend has an asthma.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter