Wedding Day

Memories of Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next two days until the wedding, which took place on Saturday, Taeyong wandered around the hotel without reason, regretting his stupid decision, which was, not asking Yuta for the phone number. All this time the Korean thought about the charming boy and couldn't forgive himself cowardice. He wasn't helped by his cousins, who at every step reproached him this shameful mistake and laughed at his depressed attitude.

 

"Just ask Sungjae to give you his number. " Johnny said without pity, looking at his pathetic cousin who was rolling over the sheets.

 

"Sungjae has other things on her mind now than my love life." The boy was sulking.

 

"You mean the life you don't have?" Suh scoffed at him and after a while, they both were laying on a large double bed. "You can also ask Jae, Yuta gave him his number." The cousin suggested.

 

"There is not even such an option!" He exclaimed at him and quickly got up from bed to go to the bathroom. Taeyong was deeply annoyed and there wasn't even an option for him to go to his cousin with whom he competed to ask for the number of the boy he was in love with. He preferred to suffer anguish than hurt his pride with such an act. The Korean undressed and went into the shower, hoping the cool water would cool his nerves and soothe his troubled thoughts. There were only a few hours at the wedding and soon the real party was about to start.

 

When feeling a bit better, Lee left the bathroom, he met his cousins and his mother standing in the middle of the apartment. As it turned out, she came to inform the boys that it was time to prepare for the ceremony and all three, like charmed, reacted in the same way, i.e. rolling their eyes and grumbling that all this is unnecessary. However, the boys had to fulfill the Bride's wish and soon they were sitting in the beauty salon on the ground floor of the hotel.

 

There, they arranged their hair, made a simple make-up and prepared to put on suits. Taeyong's cousins were lucky enough to be able to choose them themselves. Lee was the best man of his sister, so this option was out of the question. Along with the other four best men, his suit had to be a burgundy shade. He felt bad and stupid in it because he hated stiff and formal clothes, but he put this suit on out of love for his sister.

 

They arrived earlier than guests to make sure everything was going as it should. Taeyong didn't have many responsibilities compared to other groomsmen and bridesmaids. He was assigned the task of taking care of the rings, so from the very arrival, Yong guarded them like a treasure and made sure several times that he took them with him before leaving for the church. With the other four men, they walked around the church and were pleased to see that the decorations were in the right colors and places. Bouquets were also as previously agreed, so the men breathed a sigh of relief, having one problem out of the way.

 

The wedding was to take place at 5 pm in the historic cathedral of Granada. Half an hour before the ceremony, guests began to gather, and Johnny and Jaehyun were assigned a task to collect gifts from guests entering the cathedral and put them in the car. Lee, seeing them, gave them a heartening look, and at the same time, he was standing alone, showing the guests where to sit. At 5 pm, when the benches were filled with guests, newlyweds came to the church. Martin was the first to come in. The groom took his place on the right and stood confidently with anticipation, looking toward the door. A few minutes later, Sungjae crossed the threshold in a beautiful snow-white dress, and she was led to the altar by her father. Taeyong watched her as she walked proudly to the love of her life and several tears of emotion gathered in his eyes. He wiped them quickly, not to damage the makeup that his sister's stylists worked hard on.

 

The ceremony began and finally, it was time to seal the marriage. The attention of the audience focused on Taeyong, who was uncertainly walking down the hall, holding a pillow with two gold rings in his shaking hands. When he reached the end and looked at his beaming sister, he realized that all this time he was holding his breath. The couple took the wedding rings from him and before exchanging them, Sungjae hugged his brother tightly, making everyone sighed affectionately.

 

"Thank you for everything, baby brother." She whispered in Taeyong's ear, and he swallowed hard to stop the trembling voice.

 

"Be happy." He answered, kissing her on the forehead and went to the first bench to take a seat next to his parents.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter