Spin off 1: Eldorado

Memories of Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong, wanting to get to know Yuta better, decided to persuade his boyfriend to stay in Spain until the end of the summer. It didn't take long for the boy to convince his parents that Lee would live with them at that time. Although Yuta's father had doubts about it, he decided to trust his son and let the young man stay with them. It was harder to convince Taeyong's mother who didn't understand why her son is not returning to Korea with them. Fortunately, Johnny and Jaehyun stood up for their cousin and helped persuade their aunt to let him stay in Granada.

 

The first days were difficult and awkward, mainly because Lee couldn't find for himself a place in the new surroundings. When Yuta took him home on the first day, fortunately, the other family members weren't home. The Korean entered the apartment hesitantly, not knowing what awaited him. Nakamoto's apartment was quite large for Spanish realities. It had three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a spacious living room with windows around and a balcony with a small table with two chairs. The place was cozy and Taeyong immediately liked the atmosphere. The location wasn't bad either. Yuta lived in a multi-story block, in the city center, close to public transport. They also didn't have far to the grocery store.

 

Nakamoto grabbed his wrist and, after removing his theirs shoes, led the Korean to his, and now their shared room. It was a small room with two wide windows. The walls were painted a light shade of orange, and the floors were decorated with dark, wooden panels. There was a queen-size bed in the center and a small desk in front of it. To the left of the door was a built-in wardrobe. Above all, a giant poster of a Japanese rock band that hung above the bed caught the eye of Taeyong. Under the windows stood a small cabinet with cactus and succulents. Taeyong wanted to say that he liked the place, but it was messy and he couldn't stand it.

 

"We have to clean up here." The Korean said firmly, stumbling over a book that was lying on the floor.

 

Yuta didn't understand what the boy was up to. Maybe he had an unmade bed, books lying on the floor, or unfolded clothes, but he didn't think it was a big problem. He had a lot more important things on his mind, such as study or work, so he only started cleaning up when he was bored and it happened so rarely. Taeyong started his work and Yuta didn't stop him until the boy approached his desk.

 

"Forgive me, my dear boyfriend, but this desk is my temple and if you touch something from here, I will personally throw you out of this house. " Yuta warned, standing in front of the desk in a defensive pose.

 

"But look at the mess on it!" Taeyong didn't understand why Yuta was so stubborn.

 

"Taeyong, this is my place of work. I know by heart where things lie, I study here and if something is not where I want it, I will go crazy. Trust me, you don't want to experience it, and if you don't believe me, ask my sister who once made this mistake."

 

After this statement, Taeyong no longer pushed and focused on unpacking his things. He didn't have many, so all he needed was one shelf that the other boy had prepared for him in the closet. Yuta consoled him, promising to lend him clothes if the Korean wanted to. When the evening came, the apartment became full of household members, and despite the closed door, Taeyong heard the lively conversations of Yuta's family members.

 

The boys went out to say hello and introduced Taeyong to his parents and sisters who warmly welcomed him. They all sat down at the table to eat dinner prepared by Yuta's mother, during which they were discussing with each other. Only Taeyong was sitting quietly, ashamed of not being able to understand them. The family used Japanese at home, and Lee was never good at this language at school. Every time someone asked him a question, Yuta or his older sister, who also knew Korean, would translate it for him. The inability to conduct a free and easy conversation motivated the Korean to return to learning Japanese so that in the future he could impress his boyfriend's parents.

 

After dinner, it was time to watch TV together, which turned out to be a tradition in the Nakamoto family. Taeyong took a seat on the floor next to Yuta and stared at the screen in which the Spanish film was playing without understanding. Every time the Korean wanted to approach Yuta, grab him by the hand or embrace him, he received a warning look from his boyfriend's father, which caused Lee to quickly give up his intentions. Seeing the young man's discomfort, Mrs. Mito took pity on the boys and let them return to the room.

 

The first night turned out to be just as hard as the first day. When Yuta and Taeyong finally went to bed, it was an awkward moment to realize that they had to share the bed, even though they only knew each other for a week. Lee didn't want to impose on and offered to sleep on the floor, but the Japanese didn't let him. So they were lying on their backs under one duvet at a fairly large distance from each other, with the lights off, staring at the ceiling. Taeyong, having enough awkward silence, turned over to Yuta and encouraged him to do the same.

 

"You have uniquely pretty eyes. " Taeyong whispered, afraid that he would wake up the rest of the household.

 

"What are you saying?" Yuta asked, but the Korean saw a slight blush on his face.

 

"I can't sleep, so talk to me. " Taeyong said in a whisper.

 

"What do you want to talk about at 11 pm?" The Japanese nudged his shoulder and covered his face with a duvet to hide his blush.

 

"Tell me something about yourself. " Lee suggested.

 

Since then talking in bed has become their small habit. Every day, when they went to bed, they turned to each other and told each other about their past. Yuta learned funny stories about Lee's childhood with his two cousins and Taeyong listened with interest to the story of the time when Yuta was still living in Japan, where his grandmother, who was Korean, took care of him. It was thanks to her that the boy learned the language.

 

The following days were passing similarly and Taeyong quickly got used to living like that. Most of the time the boy spent in Yuta's room when he was left for several hours because the boy still had lectures at the university. His holidays were to begin only at the end of the month. Taeyong used this time to clean their room, learn Japanese and sometimes help Yuta's mother in the kitchen when she had a day off. Mrs. Mito taught him how to prepare traditional Japanese dishes and some Spanish cuisine. They got along well because Lee loved cooking. Sometimes even a woman took him for shopping and it was easier for Taeyong to talk to her these days.

 

Weekends were lecture-free days, so Yuta used them for walks around Granada and trips outside the city. In this way, they visited Seville, Ronda, and Cordoba and Taeyong couldn't decide where he liked the most. Although the trips didn't last more than two days and the whole family took part in it, the Korean loved the time he spent traveling with them. He listened with fascination to Yuta's stories about culture, cuisine or monuments of places he visited, and always complimented Yuta's knowledge, causing him to blush.

 

Once, when Yuta returned home late after work, he noticed his younger sister Yazmin sitting with Taeyong in the living room. The boy was patiently explaining he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter