Malaga

Memories of Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta was wearing white shorts that barely reached half his thighs, a thin V-neck shirt and a wide-brimmed hat to protect himself from the blistering sun. In his hand, he held a small windmill and on his shoulders was a backpack with a large bottle of water sticking out. Sunglasses fell out of his pocket, and because the boy bent down, Taeyong had the opportunity to look at his , which looked very good in these quite short shorts.

 

Lee would stare shamelessly for an extended moment if his beloved cousin didn't poke him in the shoulder. Jaehyun gave him a meaningful look, and Johnny showed him a dirty gesture, mocking his behavior. Taeyong pretending unaffected hurried past them and followed Yuta, who led them to the bus stop. They didn't have to wait long, because after a while a bus emerged from around the corner and took them to the city center. There, they changed to a suburban bus thanks to which they arrived at the bus station. It was eight in the morning, so Taeyong was yawning, being still sleepy.

 

The guide bought tickets for everyone and as they still had a lot of time until the bus arrived, the boy offered them a walk to the nearby supermarket to buy some snacks and drinks for the trip. Lee refused, of course, preferring to stay in the station's waiting room, which saddened Yuta, who thought that the boy didn't want to be with him. Nakamoto couldn't force him to go with them, so eventually, he let him stay and went to the store with the other two. At that time, Yong took his headphones from his backpack and plugging them in his ears, escaped to the world of his beloved music, which at least for a moment allowed him to forget about all this confusion.

 

Fifteen minutes later, the three returned to the waiting room, and only a tug on the cable caused Lee to pay attention to them. It was Johnny, who did that, so Taeyong couldn't talk back because it'd end badly for him. He was surprised, however, when his cousin pulled out a bottle of water and a cereal bar towards him.

 

"Yuta bought it for you." He said, offering Taeyong some snacks.

 

"I don't want it. I didn't ask him for anything. " Lee insisted on refusing, but his cousin grabbed his wrist and forced him to take snacks.

 

"You will take it and pretend gratitude for someone wanting to be nice to an like you. " Suh said in a harsh tone.

 

Soon after, it was time to get on the bus and this time Taeyong couldn't hide his displeasure when he and Johnny were supposed to sit together. Usually, he didn't mind his cousin's company, but since they came to Spain and met Yuta, Lee didn't get along well with him. Taeyong was fuming with anger when he saw Jaehyun's palm find its place on Yuta's leg, how they laugh quietly at their jokes or rub their shoulders accidentally due to the small amount of space.

 

"I assume you don't have many clients if you provide them with such poor travel comfort. " Lee growled, unable to control the jealousy that was eating him from the inside.

 

He immediately saw Jaehyun's glaring and felt Johnny slap his shoulder to make him apologize. He didn't do it and smirked until he saw Yuta's shoulders fall and the boy stopped smiling. All he did was whisper an apology and Taeyong felt pathetical, so he wanted to speak and maybe even correct his mistake, but he was immediately interrupted.

 

"If you're going to behave like this, better shut your mouth because nobody wants to hear your nasty bull. " Jung snapped back and pulled the Japanese boy to himself to watch the movie together.

 

The rest of the journey passed them in peace because no one said a word. They arrived before ten o'clock, where a pleasant breath of sea breeze greeted them after leaving the bus station. It was not even noon and the sun was burning their skin mercilessly. Before they started exploring the city, they entered a small restaurant to eat something as part of the second breakfast. The happy trio decided on churros and they tasted delicious, and Lee chose a regular hot dog. With their stomachs full, they set off into the city to begin a walk in the old town of Málaga. Strolling through the narrow streets, they admired the tenements and sculptures representing Picasso's works. They passed the gothic cathedral at which they stopped to buy small souvenirs in one of the shops.

 

A moment later they arrived at Alcazaba, the ruins of the castle walls. Along a winding path, they climbed a wonderful viewpoint, from which there was a breathtaking view of the harbor and city. After an intense photo session, the boys headed down the former gardens and headed for the building where the bullfights were taking place. The highlight of the day was a stay at the most popular beach in Malaga. Johnny and Jaehyun couldn't hide the excitement about the dream of cooling off in the sea.

 

Yuta shared their enthusiasm, although he didn't intend to get wet, and Taeyong didn't even hide that he was reluctant to the whole plan for sunbathing. Dropping into the nearest grocery store along the way, the group bought extra bottles of water so as not to dehydrate in the heat and as soon as golden sand and umbrellas appeared on the horizon, they set off with a shout of joy towards the beach. At a rapid pace, Suh and Jung got rid of their clothes and without looking at the others, they ran towards the water.

 

Yuta was left alone with Taeyong and it was giving him a stomach ache. Taking a deep breath, the guide unfolded a blanket on which he put things and clothes scattered by the cousins. He even encouraged Taeyong to sit down with him, but the boy only looked at him dismissively and decided to sit on the sand, as far as possible from Yuta, which depressed the Japanese boy. Unable to do anything about it, the teenager sat on the edge and pulled a book from his backpack, deciding to spend time reading. The two boys were returning to the blanket several times to drink or eat snacks and then go back to the water.

 

Each time they tried to persuade Taeyong to join them, but the boy categorically was refusing. Once, however, Jaehyun was annoyed hearing another "no" from his cousin's mouth so he kicked sand in his direction, which unfortunately land

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter