Spin-Off 2: Amor

Memories of Alhambra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed relentlessly and before Yuta knew it, the weather around him changed to cooler, heralding the arrival of autumn. Less and less time remained until the date of Yuta's departure to Korea to visit his boyfriend. Despite the excitement and longing, the Japanese began to get nervous, afraid of looking bad in front of Taeyong's parents. Due to the cold season, the teenager worked very rarely, as there were fewer and fewer tourists in Granada. He spent more time studying for exams and thinking about what he should bring with him as a Christmas gift.

 

In the past months since their separation, the boys had contacted each other through video conversations or messages. At first, they did it almost every day, but the barrage of work and study limited their conversations to just two a week. Also, the time difference wasn't helping the boys. When the Japanese boy finally found the time to call, he most often woke Taeyong from sleep at night. This problem and many others led to the fact that more and more often they began to argue until Yuta started thinking whether it all makes sense.

 

Almost for half of October, they didn't talk to each other, until one day the postman brought a package from Korea to Yuta's house. It was a gift from Taeyong with an apology card. The Korean gave the boy a silver neck chain. Reading the boy's sincere confession, Yuta was touched and, not looking at the late hour, called Taeyong to apologize and promise him that he would fight for their relationship. The reconciled returned to their routine calls, looking forward to finally see each other.

 

When December came and with the first delicate snowfall, Momoka noticed that her younger brother was spending more time worrying. Unable to look at his depressed attitude, she took him one day for a walk in the city, during which they bought presents for their parents and younger sister.

 

"Tell me what troubles you, or you'll soon go crazy." She said when they stopped at a cozy cafe for hot chocolate.

 

"I miss Tae and can't wait to leave, but at the same time I feel weird." The boy said shyly, ashamed to speak openly about his feelings.

 

"It's about us, isn't it? You want to go to Korea, but you don't want to miss family Christmas."

 

Momoka read him like an open book. She had this stage of dilemmas behind her. For a few years, she was in a happy relationship with her Spanish boyfriend. When the holidays were coming, she attended two dinners, so she didn't have to worry. Yuta, however, was to spend this special time away from his loved ones for the first time and didn't know how to feel in such a situation.

 

"Mum and dad aren't angry, but ready to help you pack and give you a ride to the airport. Yazmin is big enough to understand the reason for your absence, so don't worry. " Momoka gently nudged his shoulder.

 

"Yazmin won't be sad? We have always decorated a Christmas tree together." The Japanese looked at his sister not completely convinced.

 

"She is fifteen years old, she will understand, and if not, we can decorate it before you leave. Keep your head up, I'll talk to her and you'll be fine." The girl promised and Yuta decided to trust his sister. In such matters, he could always count on her.

 

Momo, what should I buy for his parents? I have absolutely no idea. " Yuta decided to take advantage of the situation and ask his sister for help.

 

"Alcohol and sweets are always a good choice. Buy something Spanish so that they can try the cuisine of the place where you live." The girl advised him.

 

Through conversation with Momoka, Yuta gained confidence and his doubts and fears decreased. He was still stressed out about meeting his boyfriend's parents, but he no longer had to bother with the choices of staying in Spain or flying to Korea. As promised, Momoka talked to Yazmin, and Yuta's younger sister laughed at her brother's fears. She told him to have fun in Korea and bring home some delicious sweets. His parents also proved to be a great support.

 

So on December 20th, Yuta's parents said goodbye to their son at the airport and, wishing him a merry Christmas, sent him to Korea. The young boy was perturbed. It was his first trip abroad without parents. Fortunately or not, he was accompanied by Taeyong's sister and her husband, as they were also going to the family for Christmas. Sungjae and Martin kept him company, trying to amuse the boy so that he wouldn't stress so much. They were a charming and loving marriage and looking at them, the Japanese wondered if he and Taeyong would also be so happy together someday.

 

After a long and tiring journey full of transfers, they finally arrived. Yuta stretched his legs, stiff from an uncomfortable position he was sitting for many hours, as passengers slowly began to get up from their seats and take their belongings to leave the plane. Martin helped him find his suitcase while they were at the baggage claim area. A moment later they were standing near the airport exit, waiting for Taeyong to pick them up. The boy was a little late because there was a huge traffic jam in town, but after twenty minutes they finally saw him as he walked towards them.

 

Sungjae whistled at the bouquet of roses her younger brother carried proudly in his hand. Yuta flushed at the same time, but all the nervousness faded from him when they finally fell into each other's arms. Taeyong's older sister joked at her brother that he didn't welcome her so warmly, but he was too absorbed in Yuta's presence to draw attention to her. They headed for a nearby parking lot and at the request of Taeyong, the Yuta took a seat next to the driver's one with flowers on his lap.

 

Because they arrived at rush hour, it took them just over an hour to reach Lee's home, and Yuta had a nap at that time, as he didn't sleep well during the trip. Due to bad weather conditions, the plane they had flown experienced many turbulences. Fatigue and stress were overcome thanks to a short nap so when they arrived, the Japanese boy felt like a newborn.

 

Taeyong helped him take the luggage out of the car and grabbed the boy's hand, leading him home. The Lee family lived in a small detached house on the outskirts of Seoul in a quieter neighborhood. The interior design was modern but at the same time cozy. Yuta liked this place from the moment he crossed the threshold.

 

Taeyong's mother greeted them first, who hugged her daughter, whom she missed so much. Then she welcomed Martin until she saw the Japanese boy standing quietly at the side, who was smiling shyly at her.

 

"I'm so glad to finally meet you. Taeyong can't stop talking about you." She said and to Yuta's surprise, she embraced him tightly. "My name is Chaeyoung and this is my husband Seoyun." The woman introduced herself, and Taeyong's father shook hands with him.

 

"I am very pleased to meet you. My name is Nakamoto Yuta." The said boy bowed, hoping that he made a good impression on them.

 

"You are so handsome! I don't know why someone like you had chosen my son." The woman joked, causing Yuta to blush.

 

They went into the living room as the corridor got crowded. Yuta stood in the middle, not knowing what to do or how to behave. He was more stressed when he couldn't see his boyfriend anywhere. Finally, Taeyong's sister decided to take pity on him and called for her brother, who soon appeared in the living room. Taeyong, as if understanding the situation, immediately grabbed Yuta's hand and interlaced their fingers, so the other sighed with relief.

 

When the greetings ended, the Korean wanted to take Yuta to his room so that the boy unpacked and rested, but his mother interrupted him. Grabbing Yuta's arm, she led him upstairs to the room she had prepared for him. Taeyong was so shocked that he first stopped dead and only after a few seconds ran after her up the stairs.

 

"Mom!" He became indignant at the woman placing his boyfriend in a separate room.

 

"What's wrong, honey? Won't it be more comfortable for Yuta to have a room for himself? " The woman raised an eyebrow, as if not understanding her son's indignation. Taeyong wanted to say something, but the Japanese nodded to give up.

 

The afternoon passed quickly and peacefully. Everyone sat down at the table together when it was time for dinner, and the main topics of conversation concerned Taeyong's older sister, who announced that she was expecting a child. The evening was filled with congratulations and celebrating this tremendous information. The whole family had a great time enjoying the sweet wine Sungjae brought with her.

 

Yuta felt overwhelmed by all positive emotions and tiredness was beginning to overtake him. Thanking for a delicious meal, he apologized to everyone and went to his room, dreaming of a moment of peace. It's not like this bothered him. His home was just as lively as here, but the stress he had previously experienced began to turn into drowsiness. Yuta had no strength to unpack in his room, so he only grabbed a towel and went to take a hot shower that relaxed his aching muscles.

 

When he returned to the room, he found Taeyong sitting on his bed. The Korean smiled and looked at him tenderly, encouraging Yuta to sit down next to him. When the boy did it, Lee began to gently dry his wet hair with a towel. They didn't talk to each other, but the comfortable silence didn't prevent them from understanding how much they missed each other.

 

When Lee finished, Yuta turned slowly to him and greeted him with a broad smile. Without wasting time, Taeyong gently grabbed his neck and pulled the boy towards himself to kiss him passionately. Yuta found himself in his embrace after a while, laying on his back with the Korean above him, who was kissing his chapped lips gently and without haste. After a while, they parted from each other, and Yuta pulled the boy towards him wanting to hide himself in Taeyong's arms.

 

"I missed you, baby. " Lee whispered, and Yuta smiled. His cheeks were pink and his dark eyes glistened with fondness.

 

"I was also looking forward to seeing you again." The Japanese confessed, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

 

They spent the rest of the evening together on the bed watching the movie until Yuta began to fall asleep. Taeyong decided to let him rest, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter