[5]

Étoile
‘Stop acting like a .’ Yeri hissed lowly, trying not to disturb the atmosphere. On her right was sitting her dear, beloved sister that was acting absolutely trashy to their guests. In front of them was sitting the couple who were trying to not look uncomfortable at Sooyoung’s scrutinizing stares and cold behavior while the two men, being used to this, did not even bat an eye.




‘I’ll do whatever I want. And watch your language.’ Joy replied, not even bothering to be a little quiet. All eyes turned to them as the older sister reached to get some meat.




The night passed very much a mess, in Yeri’s opinion. The neighbors tried to spark a conversation but her barely communicative brother replied shortly while Joy would bark back with an attack, cold and distant. Suho didn’t bother even talking. Yeri wanted one normal night with guests, especially these two, because she really, really liked them.




‘You’re impossible.’ Yeri took the challenge. If they going to play dirty, she can do it.




‘So are you, but I’m not bothered telling you, right?’ the tone of the black-haired beauty was extremely cold. She didn’t even bother looking up to meet her sister’s eyes. She took a knife and started cutting.




The youngest sighed loudly. ‘For once in my life I asked you something, for once, because in all my life I have never asked any favors from you or have I ever been mad with the fact you forgot to pick me up numerous times from school and forgot I even exist. I kept quiet, didn’t make a big deal of it. For once I asked you to act normal because I like these guests and you can’t even do that? Let me give you the award for best sister.’




‘Yerim.’ Sehun warned.




‘No, Sehun.’ Yeri sat up. ‘Don’t Yerim me. You have even less right to talk right about now.’




Wendy and Irene were watching in complete shock. The cheerful girl they knew looked do scary right now, both of them didn’t even dare to move.




‘I get it. We are all grieving in different ways but as we lost family members I lost the only people in the family that actually cared for me because you two wouldn’t even notice if I disappeared. This is how much y’all have given for me. So I finally find someone that cares for me, in the eyes of two complete strangers and you want to ruin it all for me?’ Yeri started backing up from the table. ‘Go for it please. I’m leaving.’ And next thing everyone knew the youngest was inside the house and out.




No one dared to speak. Wendy could see even Joy had a shocked expression on her face. No one expected such a thing. Sehun cleared his throat.




‘I apologize about that.’ He smiled awkwardly to the two guests. ‘I’ll go-‘




‘I’ll go.’ Sooyoung stood up, cutting off her brother. ‘I need to take care of this.’ In Wendy’s eyes, she looked completely different. In a matter of seconds, that cold, distant girl looked like she is about to break every second. The tal black-haired girl looked at the pair before she left.




Irene looked around before she nudged Wendy. The younger girl took the sign and cleared . ‘Well it was a very delicious dinner but I think we should leave you guys to talk.’ She smiled reassuringly and stood up, holding Joohyun’s hand.




Sehun stood up, intending to walk them out. Suho stood on his chair, looking uninterested. The pair and young boy walked to the front door, before the guy poke once they were at the porch. ‘I’m so sorry about this. I hope you managed to finish your work?’




Both girls nodded, Wendy having a hand around Joohyun’s waist, the other in her pocket. It was a warm night tonight. ‘We did.’ Irene spoke. Silence. ‘Look, Sehun. We shouldn’t meddle in your family affairs but maybe you should sit down and have a talk with your sisters. Everyone deals with grieving differently and you have one young girl that has way more than just grieving to deal with as it seems.’




The younger boy nodded. He knew that Irene was right.




‘Goodnight.’ Wendy smiled reassuringly and turned around with Irene to leave.




-




‘Seulgi, are you on, we are home and the mics and cameras are up.’ Wendy immediately her earpiece




‘Already on it from the moment you put them on. They activate by themselves once on a secure surface.’ Seulgi replied.




‘Okay.’ Wendy nodded and turned to look at Irene who was just putting her earpiece now.




‘I don’t know if we should be listening to that, you guys.’ Seulgi commented.




‘To what?’ Irene asked




Seulgi clicked something and the conversation flowed in Wendy and Irene ears.




‘I said leave me alone, Sooyoung.’




It was Yeri’s voice. Presumably they were in Yeri’s room.




‘Yeah we should-‘ Wendy was cut off.




‘No, no. Keep it.’ Irene cut off. ‘We need to find more about their relationship because we were deceiver. This is our chance.’




‘Yerim.’ Joy’s voice was softer than anyone has ever heard it.




‘I asked you one thing, Sooyoung. One. Wendy and Irene had taken me under their care faster in two weeks that you did during our while life and I wanted to be the one to give back and you ruined it.’




Silence. Irene and Wendy were sitting on the couch, listening. It felt wrong because it seemed as a very intimate moment but it was their job.




‘Look. I’m sorry. I know I never acted as the big sister I should be but I had my reasons. You were everyone’s favorite. Mom had you put on a pedestal and she barely paid any attention to me..’




‘What?




‘I had my birthday parties cut short because you had a recital or because you had a contest the next morning. I had to cancel meetings with friends to take you from school and I guess with time I started to hate you.’




‘But Sooyoung.’ Yeri starter.




‘No, no. Wait let me finish.’




Wendy and Irene were intrigued. This Sooyoung sounded completely different.




‘Guys do we have to listen?’ Seulgi interrupted.




‘Shh’ both shushed the girl.




‘I never saw it from your point of view. It wasn’t your fault that mom and dad worshipped you. I remember you still got happy every time I got home, every time mom asked me to take you from school during dinner time. Yet I took it all on you.’




‘Sooyoung.’ Yeri said. ‘Shut up and let me talk.’




‘That’s not now you talk to your older sister!’




‘As if.’ Yeri chuckled. ‘I looked up to you my whole life, you know? You were always on top, always having the best grades, winning trophies on competitions for the gymnastic team, you were the head cheerleader, president of the reading club. I was admiring you. I learned violin and went to bee spelling contests because I wanted to be like you. I wanted to be as great as my big sister was! I wanted to go home and brag to you about my achievements but you never ever had time for me.’




‘Awhh they’re so cute.’ Seulgi commented.




‘Shut up.’ the two detectives said in unison.




‘Damn, y’all move as a couple now, too.’




‘I didn’t know.’ Sooyoung replied. ‘I’m so sorry it had to come to this for us to talk.’




‘I had to embarrass myself in front of my favorite unnies!’ Yeri whined.




‘C’mon give me a hug, I promise to fix that!’ A cheerful voice said.




‘You know, remember Yeri told us she used to be very close to her sister?.’ Wendy commented and Irene nodded. ‘This conversation proves us wrong.’




‘What do you imply?’




‘Remember how she said Suho is distancing her from them?’ another nod. ‘She lied to us about being close to her sister and implied it’s Suho’s fault.’




Irene raised an eyebrow. ‘You’re saying she has something against Suho?’




‘I’m not saying anything, I’m just wondering. Could she has some hidden hatred for the guy?’ Wendy wondered.




‘Guys, you need to heart that.’ Seulgi said, some tapping was heard and another voices flew through the detective’s earpieces.




‘You have to tell Jongin off, Suho.’ A deeper voice was heard, immediately attaching it to Sehun.




‘What? Why?’ Suho’s voice dropped low, surprised.




‘He has been asking about Yeri left and right, what she liked and dislikes, trying to get close with her.’




‘And what is wrong with that? Yeri is old enough to date.’




‘She’s 19! And he is 26! And he gives me some weird vibes.’ Sehun replied with aggravations.




‘Weird vibes?’ Suho asked.




‘He doesn’t talk to anyone but Yeri, he always tries to sit close to her and the other day at the barbecue when I confronted him and told him to stay away from my sister he pushed me harshly.’


'He attacked Sehun!' Wendy exclaimed




Wait wait, what? When?’ Suho asked




‘I went inside he was there and I confronted him and it almost looked like he wanted to start a fight.’




‘Jongin? Weird he has never showed any anger problems.’




‘I guess Suho doesn’t know about the incidents.’ Irene commented.




‘On top of that he was throwing weird looks at me during the rest of the night, as if he wanted to make me scared with only looks.’




Suho sighed. ‘Okay, I’ll try to get some information from him. He’s a good guy tho, get to know him, maybe?’




‘Not really interested in making friends.




‘You can’t go through this alone, Sehun. There is a lot on your shoulders already and it seems like you have family problems to work on, on top of constant working and taking care of them. You are going to end in the hospital.’




‘I know.’ Sehun curly replied. ‘I’m kind of glad the new neighbors seem fond of Yeri. She needs people to talk to.’




‘She seems to taking the events well.’ Suho commented.




‘I know and that is what worries me. She is too cheerful. It’s like she build this happy world around herself and is ignoring the darkness. It scares me it will end badly, man.’




'The way both of them care for her yet they haven't shown her and made her insecure.' Irene commented. 




‘Well. You really need to sit with your sisters and talk. I’ll be off to Seoul for two weeks so please try and talk to them. Do that five- minutes talk thingy?’




‘What’s that?’




‘My colleague told me his family does it every week. They sit and give every member if the family 5 minutes to talk and tell them what bothers them, what they like and to solve problems like that.’




‘That sounds like a good idea, thanks, man!’




‘You know I’m all here. I’ve got to go but call me if you need something okay?’




-




‘So I wonder why Yeri lied to us? She seemed extremely sincere did she not realize tonight she completely went contrary to her words?’ Irene asked while Wendy was scrolling thru the channels in the look of something specific.




It was an hour after the events, she told Seulgi to turn off the mics for them but to keep recording the conversations and to call ip if she finds something interesting.




Now, in their comfortable clothes, Wendy and Irene decided to retire for the day. Joohyun and Seungwan were on for a cool movie night with popcorns.




‘Can we talk tomorrow? I thought we are Joohyun and Seungwan now, not detective Son and detective Bae?’ Seungwan raised an eyebrow , turning to look at the older woman.




‘You’re right. I’m sorry, I’m a little workaholic.’




‘So I’ve been told. However it’s late and they are supposed to ply my favorite movie tonight!’




‘Which is?’




‘Kingsman!’ the you ger excitedly replied. ‘First part is The Secret Circle.’




‘What is it about?’




Seungwan excitedly turned around to face her companion, clapping her hands. She folded her legs before she started speaking.




‘Okay so basically it’s about this top secret spy organization that recruits one kid to their training program and it follows the training program process while there is a big world treat professor wanting to kill billions of people.’




Joohyun looked surprised. The energy that girl had, her big smile and the way she articulated with her hands while explaining got her in a trance. ‘Oh it sounds interesting.’




‘You’re going to love it, unnie.’ Seungwan exclaimed. She took a blanket and moved closer to Joohyun, way too close than she expected.




Spreading the blanket over both of them, she took the bowl with popcorns in her hand and moved even closer into Joohyun’s personal bubble, her probably voice two octaves lower when she said. ‘I love watching movies like that!’ and she took a handful of popcorns before focusing on the screen in front not knowing that Joohyun was sweating right next to her from nervousness.




A/N: And, CUT! Here we start, eentering more mysterious world! Yeri? Joy? What is happening. I hope you guys enjoy it! Vote up and comment! I reply to comments!