[6]

Étoile
6.




Wendy was looking calm. She was. She knew it. On the outside no one would probably say what is happening inside her but God hears her screaming inside her mind. She didn’t know why she did that. Bold move of her righr. Joohyun probably thinks she is all focused on that movie they’re watching m, her favorite movie actually, but nope. Wendy’s mind is somewhere else, all jumbled up. She really went and got close to Bae Joohyun. Pulling out moves with the blanket she didn’t even know she has in herself to make.




The last couple of weeks have been everything for Wendy. Pretending to be Bae Joohyun’s wife has been a dream come true. Wendy has always had a great admiration for the woman but she definitely had a crush on this girl sitting next to her, engrossed in the movie. Detective Bae Joohyun was her idol but the shy woman that she got to know was someone she definitely dreamed about. She was a great cook, god Wendy loved her homemade cooking, she even thought that once the mission is over she will probably die without it. She loved the way Irene would hum to herself while doing something like cleaning the room or going up the stairs. Bar Joohyun also had a great habit of changing her voice depending on the situation and it was such a turn on Wendy would blush sometimes for having such thoughts.




Her ‘detective Bae Joohyun’ authoritative voice was deep, commanding and sharp while her ‘wife Son Irene’ was gentle, lowkey seductive and full of happiness. Her ‘friend Bae Joohyun’ voice was a mix of the two, probably Wendy’s favorite. Low, raspy but gentle and smooth. Wendy loved it, especially when she get to hear ‘good morning’ every single day with that voice.




Wendy knew she was deep. She needed to talk to her friend Eunji but she wasn’t allowed to. Their only contact was Seulgi and she knew Seulgi and Joohuun were close so that was out of the window. So Wendy basically was going crazy. She was piling up thing making her clear mind blurry and her actions uncontrollable.




So this is why she was here, her arm touching Joohyun’s while the older girl was slowly leaning on her shoulder. Panic. Ar first the older girl was the stiff one but eventually with time she got engrossed in the plot line of the movie, occasionally asking the shirt-haired questions which she replied automatically because she has seen that movie too many times, and Wendy was the stiff one. She didn’t dare move, stopping her popcorns eating to not disturb the other girl.




‘God help me.’




-




‘I really need to change that bell sound.’ Wendy grumbled from the couch.




‘Can you at least go and open? I’m a little busy here.’ Joohyun pointed with to knife, cute little apron tied around her waist. ‘Dinner won’t cook itself.’




‘Ugh, fine.’




Wendy stood up from the couch with many sounds coming out of . When the bell rang again she rolled her eyes. ‘I’m coming, I’m coming.’




Wendy has many ideas about who can it be behind the door but this one definitely wasn’t on her list.




‘Hi.’




Wendy stood frozen on the door, holding the handle with her left hand.




‘Joy?’




‘And Yeri!’ A voice chipped in from the side.




The Oh sisters were sitting on their porch, the older one holding a cake in her hands, looking like completely different person. Wearing a colorful crop top on stripes, baggy jeans and sneakers, her sister with a pretty flower patterns blouse and jeans, white sneakers on, they were both smiling at Wendy.







‘What? Wait.’ Wendy held her hand up. ‘Babe!’ She screamed.




‘What?’ A rely was heard inside the house.




‘Please come here. I need you.’




Some shuffling was heard inside before a figure started approaching fast. ‘What now, Im bus- Joy?’




‘I’m here too, you know?’ Yeri exclaimed.




‘Baby, you’re seeing it too, right?’ Wendy asked.




The older girl suddenly smiled brighter, handing the cake to Irene.




‘Yes I’m here. Here, Miss Irene!’ She handed the cake to Wendy’s partner, not taking her eyes of her. ‘I came here to apologize for how I have been acting, especially the night before.’




‘Oh.’ Irene replied. ‘Thank you, Joy. That’s very nice of you!’




If it was possible Joy’s smile became even brighter and Wendy narrowed her eyes, observing her.




‘Would you two want to join is for dinner?’ Irene smiled.




‘Oh that’s okay, we don’t want to disturb.’ Yeri joined the conversation.




‘Don’t be silly, I usually cook a lot of food and the more, the merrier, right honey?’ Irene smiled, looking at Wendy’s side for confirmation just to be met with a very serious look on her face that quickly broke in a smile.




‘Of course! We love company.’




Yeri clapped her hands happily. ‘Amazing, are you okay with that, Joy?’




Joy, who Wendy noticed was staring at Irene, turned around and faced her younger sister. ‘I’m older than you, you know, but yes, Imm okay with it. Sehun is going to be out working late anyways.’




‘Well come on it.’ Irene invited them to enter while she left her spot to continue her cooking. Wendy moved aside, smiling.




-




‘Wow, you guys have a lot of vinyls.’ Joy commented, looking at the shelf.




‘Wendy unnie is apparently a big fan of old music and she said is sounds better on vinyl.’ Yeri elaborated, as she has asked the same question the first time she visited.




‘You can go and chose on to put on Joy, if you want to.’ Wendy had the remote in her hand, scrolling through the channels, her usual habit.




Joy looked at the older girl before she stood up from the couch, slowly going to the shelf. An album caught her sight and she turned around, showing it to Wendy.




‘What about this one?’




Both girls turned around to look. The short-haired girl smiled, standing up. ‘Prince is always a great choice. Let me put it on.’ Minutes later, a piano started playing.







Just then Irene entered the living room. ‘Oh, purple rain, did Wendy chose this one?’




‘It was Joy.’ Yeri commented.




‘Wendy plays this song every single day, it’s her favorite.’ The black haired girl looked at the two girls in front, who were taking about some vinyls.




‘I guess they have the same taste in music.’ Yeri shrugged. ‘Is food ready?’




‘Yes, it’s why I came.’




‘Great.’ Yeri clapped her hands. ‘Food’s ready.’ This made the two girls to turn around.’




-




The sitting was different tonight. On the right side of the table were sitting Yeri and Joy and on the left was the couple.




‘I hope you guys like meat and vegetables. This one here..’ irene pointed on her right. ‘Is very picky with the food so I have to work out what I can.’




‘Honestly unnie, we eat everything.’ Replied Yeri.




‘Okay miss ‘I don’t eat chicken’’ wendy rolled her eyes. ‘Well dive in, kidddos. The salad is really good by the way, she’s a master at it.’




Joy and Yeri scooped from everything, followed by Wendy and Irene, before they started munching.




‘Oh before I forget!’ Wendy exclaimed. ‘About your apology Joy, it’s all good. We weren’t mad at you or something.’




Joy looked up, smiling. ‘Can I ask something?’




‘Sure, sure.’ Wendy nodded.




‘How did you manage to get a chic like Irene?’




Wendy spat out her food, choking. Irene stopped mid-bite and Yeri laughed.




‘W-what?’




‘No offense but Irene is hot as hell. How did you manage to get someone that’s out of everyone’s league?’




‘When I came over the other night I asked the same thing but it was in a different way!’ Yeri exclaimed.




‘Hey!’ Wendy pointed at the youngest. ‘I guess I got lucky?’




‘Please. Luck wouldn’t be enough. You probably saved a whole nation in your previous life.’ Joy laughed.




‘You find my wife hot?’ Wendy raised an eyebrow, challenging.




Joy shrugged. ‘If I wasn’t in a relationship and if I was a home wrecker I’d probably have pinned her to that food counter while you were scrolling on the TV.’




Irene’s eyes bulged out.




‘Joy unnie!’




‘What? I bet you thought the same, Yerim!’




The youngest blushed, looking down. ‘I-‘




‘Yerim!’ Wendy exclaimed. ‘Hello, you are talking about my wife in front of me and her!’




Joy laughed. ‘Chill, I was just kidding. Don’t know about my sister.’ She held her hands up in surrender. ‘I apologize Miss Irene for making you uncomfortable but I do stand by my statement that you’re extremely hot. Even with those specs.’




‘Okay that is enough. My wife is as red as a tomato.’







-




‘Can’t believe this kid called you smoking hot!’ Wendy exclaimed while drying the dishes. ‘She is seven years younger!’




‘Seungwan.’




No reply. The girl continued rambling. ‘And In front of me? Bold of her! Saying she will pin you to the counter!’




‘Seungwan.’ Joohyun was golding another dish. Honestly the one her partner was drying dryer than ever but the girl continued scrubbing.




‘Then she goes and says she was kidding but still stays by her words you’re hot! She can’t just call you hot, that’s-‘




‘Son Seungwan.’




A stop was finally put to the younger’s rambling.




‘Sorry unnie.’




‘That plate you’ve been drying for the last five minutes, can you leave it already?’ a nod and then the younger took the new plate. ‘It’s okay, it’s not the first time I hear this exact statement.’




‘Exactly!’ Seungwan proclaimed. ‘It’s a little disrespectful. Not that you’re not hot, I mean you are extremely hot, smoking hot as Joy said bu-‘ she stopped noticing Joohyun’s pointed look at her. ‘I-I mean, I’m sorry.’




Joohyun laughed. ‘Good to know you find me hot too but can we please finish the dishes now so we can go sleep. I’m tired.’




‘Y-yes of course, unnie.’




-




Seungwan was in her bed, wide awake. It was well past 3am but she was in her own world thinking how she called Joohyun hot without realizing and mostly how she felt jealousy surge up when Joy mentioned that counter pinning moment. She felt green growing inside imagining someone else with Joohyun.







Joohyun was a beautiful woman, Seungwan would be dumb to lie. Everyone with eyes can see that. She remembers when Zuho and couple of other colleagues of hers, men of course, have been drooling over her photos in the newspaper. The woman was mentioned in UNICEF year’s end chart about mist influential people in the world. She made it at #45. Bae Joohyun was a tycoon in the industry and it was a surprise none of these people in this small town recognized her. It’s true that she looked different with the specs, shorter hair and comfortable clothes but if Joy could still see how beautiful Irene was, it proved it wasn’t that much of a change.




‘I need to freaking sleep.’




But how does one sleep when Bae Joohyun is on their mind? Wendy closed her eyes, turning on her left side but she could see beautiful plump lips, opening and closing, saying something that she was not focused on at all. Turning over to her right side she saw bug brown orbs staring at her as if trying to make her admit all her sins. Eyes full of innocence but also showing you no fear and backing down. Kindness and generosity.




‘Stop it.’ Seungwan exclaimed, grumbling and hitting herself in the face with a pillow. ‘Stop thinking about her, you’re going to mess up everything.’




A knock was heard on the door, effectively shutting the girl up.




‘Seungwan?’ Joohyun was heard from the other side of the door. ‘Are you okay? I heard a loud grunt.’




Seungwan stood up and went to the door, turning on the lights before opening. On the other side was Bae Joohyun with nothing but a a tank top and shorts, both purple. Her hair was in a messy bun and she looked sleepy.




‘Hey. I’m sorry for disturbing you, I can’t seem to be able to fall asleep.’ An awkward neck scratch.




Joohyun smiled a little, shaking her head. ‘Do you want me to get you a glass of milk? I was just going down to get myself some water when I heard the weird sound from your room.’ She pointed her finger at the back.




‘Oh, um.’ Seungwan smiled awkwardly. ‘No thank you! I will put some music on and try to sleep. Again I’m sorry if I worried you.’




The older girl nodded. ‘I understand, we don’t have much movement. Let’s go somewhere tomorrow so we get tired and sleep fast, yeah?’




The short haired detective nodded her head, casting a smile before she saw the back of the other girl and closed the door.




‘God, help me out to survive this without dying, please.’ Wendy banged her head on the door before sighing.