[3]

Étoile
Living with someone you know for two weeks is extremely weird. Irene can say that for sure. She had to adjust herself to completely new habits of a person she knowns 7 things about. 




Wendy has the habit of wearing shorts and sleeveless tops when in the house which is unhealthy for Joohyun’s poor soul. Another habit of Wendy is to leave things left and right without picking them up. As someone who lived alone for far too long, it kind of irritares Joohyun when she finds glasses on wardrobes, pens she remembers left on another place and books on the couch. 




However, Irene also noticed things about herself she didn’t notice while living alone. She always knew she is very clean and organized but  she never knew she was picky with the orden of things. Wendy often cleaned the dishes and organized them but she never followed a specific order, something that ticked Joohyun off, so later she wold re-organize them from smallest to biggest.




Another thing Wendy does is that she just takes her shoes off and thats it. She does´t put them in the cabinet that she was supposed to so Joohyun had to go behind her like a kid and do it. She felt like she was in a real marriage. And it was a big house.




‘Wendy can you at least help with the cleaning?’ Joohyun asked, seeing the other woman laying on the couch, scrolling through the channels of the TV without any purpose.




The blonde girl looked up, seeing a very domestic Joohyun holding a vacuum cleaner in her hand. Sighing, she threw the remote and stood up.




‘Sure.’ 




‘I know we aren’t a real family but can we at least live like roommates? You leave things left and right and it ticks me off the wrong way.’ Joohyun commented.




Wendy cocked an eyebrow. ‘You also don’t clean up the table when we eat but you don’t hear me say things about it, do you, miss Bae?’ 




‘That’s not the point here, Wendy.’ Joohyun tried to speak up.




‘But it is.’ Wendy pointed out, taking the vacuum cleaner from the older girls hands. ‘I get that we both have pros and cons about ourselves but instead of attacking me, I’d appreciate if we sit down and list what we like and dislike.’ 




Wendy didn’t say more and just  the vacuum cleaner, starting to clean around.




She was right though. Joohyun could have approached the matter as an adult person, instead of being petty. She sure will take care of that. For now they had two stores to clean.




-




‘Seulgi, what did you find about Jongin?’ Irene spoke, typing something on her computer. On her right on the couch was sitting Wendy with nothing but a pen and paper. Seulgi was talking in both their earpieces, for precaution.




‘Okay.’ Seulgi spoke. ‘Kim Jongin, 26, born and raised in Ansan, South Korea.’ She started. ‘Music and art degree in Seoul University. He owns a contemporary dance studio in Seoul.’ 

Seulgi continued. ‘Minor criminal records like a fight in a bar and smoking in a forbidden area but except that nothing suspicious really.’ 




‘Fight in a bar.’ Wendy commented. ‘How bad?’




Some keyboard smashing was heard before Seulgi replied. ‘The guy apparently was forcing himself on a girl and Jongin defended her. Ended up breaking the guy’s nose and cheekbone.’




‘Damn’




Seulgi mumbled something. ‘Wait. I found something interesting.’ 




‘Share then.’ Joohyun spoke up.




‘Oh wow.’ Seulgi exclaimed. ‘Y’all won’t believe this. The information is very well covered, no wonder I didn’t find it at first.’




‘What is it, Seulgi?’ Wendy rolled her eyes, impatient.




‘Kim Jongin’s relative is the one and only Song Mingi.’




‘Song Mingi?’ Joohyun replied fast. ‘Song Mingi who I put in jail years ago?’ Seulgi hummed.




‘Wait I remember the case.’ Wendy commented. ‘Was he the 19 year old that was part of the biggest weapon illegal transfer in Korea?’




Joohyun nodded. ‘Not only that but he was the whole brain behind everything. The cover up, the deal, the private talks. Everything. He was 19 back then.’ Joohyun continued. ‘What is their relation, Seulgi?’




‘From what I’m reading they were very close cousins, basically grew up together, until they were 13. That’s when Kim Jongin started developing different interests and Song Mingi started getting in trouble.’




‘Interesting.’ 




‘I guess we have to keep a close eye on Kim Jongin. Trouble runs in the blood.’ Wendy commented.




‘Definitely.’




-




Son Seungwan is used to shopping alone. She’s used to getting this and that and to just leave the supermarket fast. Well, this is definitely not the case right now. Bae Joohyun is the complete opposite of her. She likes to make a list and even then she buys even more things. Completely unnecessary things. Son Seungwan should have come shopping alone.




‘Irene, literally we have 4 packs of pasta at home, just why are you buying two more?’




‘Because those are without gluten, Wendy.’ 




‘Both you and I can eat gluten!’




‘But those are curly and will definitely taste different!’




Son Seungwan doesn’t say anything more. They went to the city’s supermarket and it was a big one. It had everything. Wendy was pushing the stroller, trying to match the slow pace of her fake wife but her patience was running low.




‘Irene, jus plea-‘




‘Wendy, Irene! Hi!’ A loud voice cut off Wendy, thank God it did. Both girls turned around to the sound of their names being screamed and here it was Oh Yerim, in all her glory with a flowery patterned dress and a big smile. Next to her was Oh Sehun looking as bored as ever. He nodded his head in acknowledgment. 




‘Hi, Yeri.’ Wendy smiled.




‘What are you guys doing here?’ 




‘What can they do in a grocery store, Yerim?’ Sehun deadpanned. Yeri didn’t even mind him, she just came closer to the pair.




Irene had finally decided which pasta to get so she just dropped the pack in the stroller.




‘We are making pasta for dinner tonight.’ Irene smiles. ‘Want to join us?’ She asked.




Yeri turned to Sehun. ‘Can I?’




Sehun didn’t even think about it. ‘Of course. Go for it, Yerim.’ He smiled softly, first time probably since Wendy and Irene came to the town.




-




‘You know’ Yeri started. ‘My brother hasn’t smiled like that in front of a stranger in some time.’




It was late that same night when Yeri showed up at their porch, dresses with a white shirt and jean, sneakers on her feet and hee long briwm hair casually cascading down her shoulders. Wendy opened her the door, the girl fresh out of the bathroom, with a black shirt and leggings, her hair wet.




After the encounter with Yeri and Sehun, Irene and Wendy continued their shopping which meant an hour more for Wendy. Who even shops that long?




Yeri invited herself inside after she said her greetings and the fact she stated, looking around. She knew which room where is but she still didn’t feel comfortable.




‘Irene’s in the kitchen.’ Wendy pointed. ‘I’ll go blow dry my hair and I’ll come back, okay? Feel at home.’




Yeri nodded and started walking to the kitchen. 




She noticed the petite woman in front of the stove. 




‘Hi.’




Startled a little, the woman turned around, her little apron making her stand out. Irene’s hair was ties in a low ponytail, very messy and she was dressed casually with sweats and a grey shirt. ‘Hello there. You startled me.’




‘Wendy let me in.’ She explained. ‘Do you need some help?’




‘I’m ready, actually. I’ll just put it in plates and that’s all. Set the table, maybe?’ Irene smiled a little. Yeri noddes. ‘You know where the forks and spoons are, glasses are up there in the cabinet above the sink and the napkins are in the cabinet next to the table in the dining room.’ 




‘Okay. Noted.’ Yeri said and went to open the cabinet over the sink to get the glasses. She remembers Irene instructions, setting the glasses in the table, searching for the napkins and then finally putting forks and spoons. Some people preferred eating with a fork and a spoon.







‘Well you definitely look like you’re home.’ Yeri jumped a little and turned around. ‘Payback.’ Irene laughed amd put two platws on the table. 




‘I’ll bring the other one. Wendy is still upstairs.’




‘Thank you, Yeri.’ Irene smiled




Couple of minutes later all three of them have been seated on the table. Yeri at the center, with Irene on her right and Wendy on her left. 




‘You know, Yeri told me something very interesting just now when I opened the door.’ Wendy started. She picked up her fork and started eating.’




‘Yeah? What?’ Irene asked.




Wendy looked at Yeri and titled her head as a signal for the younger girl to repeat. Yeri was still a little nervous around thr two women even thought they gave her nothing bu warm energy. They both took her in as their own daughter and for the week she has known them they have made her smile quite a lot of times.




She cleared  before speaking. ‘Well, you know my brother Sehun. He has been very down lately and rarely has even smiled. He is usually portrayed as a rude one because he tends to speak less and has this very much poker face.’ The young girl noticed Irene listening while eating, nodding a little, so she continued. ‘Today when he agreed to let me eat with you her he smiled. Thats a very rare occasion but it was nice. As if he trusts you two.’ 




Wendy smiled and Irene mirrored her look. 




The older woman spoke first, after she swallowed. ‘That’s good to know, Yeri.’ Her smile still present. ‘May I ask you something a little more personal though?’




Yeri nodded her head. ‘Oh the pasta is amazing by the way!’ She exclaimed.




‘Thank you.’ Irene repositioned her specs before speaking again. ‘What about your older sister? Oh Sooyoung? You don’t talk about her much.’ And the notable darkness that took over Yeri’s face told Irene it wasn’t a good question to ask. Seulgi did not find or gave any info about the two sisters relationship.




Yeri took a sip of her glass of water before speaking. Wendy next to her was very much quiet. ‘Sooyoung and I, we used to be close. Very close. But then after my dad died she just changed. She used to be very close to him. Probably the closest. She just succumbed in herself and became very quiet and dark.’




‘She seemed very bright at the barbecue party.’ Wendy asked.




Yeri nodded. ‘She is quite different around Suho. I don’t know what he tells her behind the scenes but when he’s around she becomes like her old self.’




Irene cocked an eyebrow. ‘Isn’t that a little weird?’




‘It is.’ Yeri nodded. ‘Both Sehun and I tried confronting her, asking for some explanation but she just doesn’t give a damn about us right now. It’s like Suho has put some magic over her and is distancing her from us.’




Irene and Wendy looked at eachother, suspicions building inside them. Kim Suho should be checked.







A/N: Since we are under quarantine I decided to share a chapter with you all. My countey is an epicenter of it so we are in a veey critical condition. To all of you, please wash your hands, take care of yourselves and go out only when necessary. Let's all be healthy! P.S haven't proof readed so sorry for that!