[8]

Étoile
Joohyun loved everything about tonight. The food was great, Seungwan’s company was even better. The girl was always fun to be with, having always something to talk about. As an introvert, Joohyun appreciated that a lot.


However, today, Joohyun was also going mad. Mad crazy inside because her fake wife had decided to just look like that. The blue jeans she was wearing fit her perfectly, showing off her legs, making Joohyun jealous of them, of the way they’re holding her so tight when it should be her doing so. The moon shinning above them hits the girls beautiful features perfectly, making her look ethereal and Joohyun was trying to focus on what Seungwan was saying but it wasn’t working. 

 

Her want for the younger girl was dangerous. She wanted her all to herself, in ways she hasn’t wanted someone in a very long time. She had very lustful thoughts of pinning the girl to a wall and letting their bodies do the talking. To slip her hand in the back of her jeans pocket and squeeze that buttocks she has noticed way before. Wendy singing along to songs and letting words roll out of those pretty lips of hers wasn’t helping at all. All Joohyun wanted was to wrap them with her own. She was suffocating during that car ride.


She needed to stop. This was dangerous. This could blow off their whole cover. They were better off like that. Joohyun has noticed the little signs Seungwan was dropping, the long stares, the dreamy eyes. She has noticed it all but she can’t afford to enter this game. It was dangerous not only for her but for Seungwan. This was her first mission, her first undercover, she couldn’t let the girl down just because they felt some attraction for eachother. It was probably because they were spending every day together and couldn’t flirt with other people. Yes that must be it.


Yet Joohyun couldn’t take a single shower without thoughts entering her mind and making her moan way too loud. Like right now. 


She never imagined falling for someone at work. She has always been professional, very cold and short with her partners but then her partners were boring. Seungwan was like every normal girl you’d meet at the street, yet so much more unique in Joohyun’s eyes, some much more exciting. She dove into the deep waters and she couldn’t swim back up now.


-


‘We need to start making some steps into finding more, Seulgi.’


Joohyun and Seungwan were sprawled on the couch, talking to Seulgi. It was late at night.


‘I know.’


Seungwan was just listening, thinking. She soon spoke up. ‘Sooyoung is covering for Kim Suho, for what? We don’t know. I have this gut feeling telling me something went down between him and Kim Jongin but I can’t pint point what is. On top of that, he seems to not trust us.’


‘I wonder why he is doubting you two, have you done something suspicious?’ Seulgi asked.


‘Not that I can think of. Joohyun and I have been very careful. He knows something.’


Joohyun nodded next to her. ‘Also, not to mention that Yeri lied to us about her family affairs. We haven’t talked about that. And remember she told us about her sister’s relationship?’ Joohyun quipped. ‘Could she have some connection with Kim Suho?’


‘Now that you are saying that, I remember something.’ Seulgi said and keyboard typing was heard. ‘When you first arrived she wasn’t there, saying she was away. She was supposed to be at school, closing days, but according to the school archives, she didn’t show up.’


‘The whole week?’


‘Yes. There is no record of credit card use during the week so she probably shopped with cash wherever she was.’


Seungwan laughed. ‘Yeri seemed the least suspicious one yet now we are all eyes on her.’


Joohyun stood up, stretching. ‘Shallow waters are the most dangerous ones.’


‘I’ll try to look more into her credit and bank accounts, her affairs and contacts.’ Seulgi spoke hurriedly.


‘Let’s sleep, Seul. It’s late and we all need a break, yeah? We can always do that in the morning.’


‘Okay, unnie. You two rest well, we will talk soon.’ and then the sound was cut off.


‘C’mon Seungwan let’s go slee-‘ Joohyun turned around, stopping mid-sentence. On the couch, the younger girl was deep asleep, head  laying on her hand, mouth slightly open. The raven-haired girl smiled, before taking a blanket and covering the girl. ‘I guess someone was very tired.’ She smiled softly before switching off the lights and climbing the stairs to her room, the soft imagine of her partner sleeping engraved in her mind.


-


Joohyun has noticed everything about Seungwan. She has been paying attention. Seungwan starts her days with coffee. They end with a glass of wine. She tales forever to get ready, always being last minute to change, being insecure about how she looks. She always makes plans for the days, be it to cook, be it to just watch some shows or something, to read, she likes having it all planned, even if almost never goes according the plan. She has the most infectious smile, you just can’t help but to smile back when she does. Her eyes sparkle like little stars, like a kid entering a candy shop.


Then there is Wendy. It’s like you meet a completely different person sometimes. Joohyun often gets thrown off by the sudden change. Not in a bad way, she just gets surprised. Seungwan would turn into Wendy, that needy girl that has the “come and kiss me” look in the eyes, sinful, very dangerous in Joohyun’s opinion. It scares the older girl just how much that look drives her wild. It throws all her self control out of the window. 


Son Seungwan is beautiful. For the lack of words. She is beautiful, she is crazy and she never seizes to amaze the older detective. Sometimes she would walk around the house mumbling some song and she would dance a little to it and it would be so cute yet so hypnotizing, like you couldn’t help but stare, like a magnet, drawing you there. She wears her heart on her sleeve, aways ready to give you everything she has so you fee comfortable.


She often says ‘let’s crash the couch and watch TV’ and comes a little too close to Joohyun. She knows what she is doing, Joohyun can see the signs but she pretends not to. She falls asleep half through every movie, her head hanging on one side, snoring lightly with her head a little open. Most of the time, she’d wake up by the end of the movie, she would notice Joohyun is asleep and the older girl will magically wake up in her bed. She knows this because once she pretended to be asleep to see what the younger will do and after some mumbling in the words of ‘Aigoo, this unnie fell asleep again in such uncomfortable pose’ she felt hands under her knees and her back, carrying her to her bedroom on the second floor. Step by step on the staircase she heard Seungwan’s heavy breathing, clearly getting tired and she felt guilty about it but the younger girl mumbled ‘C’mon Seungwan, just a little more’ and pushed herself to drop Joohyun at her bed. Tucking her in, taking her shoes of and making her comfortable before saying a soft ‘Goodnight, unnie’ and turning off the lights before leaving. Joohyun felt special, she felt softness bubbling inside her heart.


Seungwan is unpredictable, Seungwan is unforgettable and Seungwan is once again on Joohyun’s mind while she is in bed, while the girl from her thoughts is sleeping soundly on thr couch. The older wished she could carry her to bed too but she was too weak for that. Joohyun felt unusual, she was a fool for Son Seungwan, her current partner and fake wife. She was deep. Too deep.


-


‘You guys won’t believe what I found.’ Seulgi’s voice crackled through the earphone.


Seungwan scrambled on her feet, entering the living room, where Joohyun had just closed her book, leaving it on the coffee table.


‘Wait, let us open our laptops.’ Seungwan said, hearing a laugh from the other side.


Joohyun opened her note book while Seungwan’s laptop was loading. ‘How do you feel today, Seulgi?’ the oldest of the three spoke.


‘I went to eat sushi during lunch so very well, unnie.’


‘With Sunmi?’


‘Yes. She is back and she wanted to meet.’


‘Send her greetings from me.’


‘Will do, unnie!’ Seulgi replied.


‘Okay, I’m on. Spill, Seulgi.’ Seungwan cut thru.


‘Okay.’ Some keyboard sounds. Both detectives were used to  the sound so they didn’t even flinch, both focused. ‘Oh Sooyung and Oh Yerim have been part of a small convenience store robbery three years ago.’


‘Three? What time?’ Joohyun asked.


‘It was just after their dad died.’ Seulgi spoke. ‘They were both bailed since they didn’t steal anything themselves. Guess who bailed them?’ 


Joohyun signed. ‘Kim Suho?’


‘Bingo, unnie!’ Seulgi clapped. Apparently Oh Sehun doesn’t know of this, the records have been swiped away, no one knows about this incident basically. It was so hard to find it, thank god there was some camera footage I managed to dig while looking at Yeri’s records.’


‘Dod you find something about the week she was away?’ Seungwan asked.


‘That’s the even more interesting part.’ Seulgi typed in some info, both their phones buzzing with it. ‘Check the photo I sent you.’


Joohyun and Seungwan opened their phones. There was Kim Suho and Oh Yerim, both with hoodies, as if hiding, looking around while exchanging something. 


‘Last month, Oh Yerim has drawn a huge amount of money from her savings account and no other record has been registered since then. I assume they’re exchanging money.’


‘How much?’ Joohyun asked.


‘Five million won.’


‘That’s a lot of money.’ Seungwan spoke up. ‘Where was the meeting?’


Seulgi spoke up after couple of seconds. ‘A parking lot close to Yeri’s apartment. The footage I sent you is from the security cameras. After that Kim Suho goes back to his car and leaves while Yeri heads straight ahead to the supermarket next to the parking lot.’


Joohyun is silent. She is writing all down. Minutes later she speaks up. ‘It’s time to invited Oh Yerim and Oh Sooyoung on another dinner.’

 

 

-

 

A/N: Hellow. A shorter chapter but much more tevelaed. Joohyun's sidecand some action. What is Yeri doing and why is wverything suddenly coming out like that? Hmmm.

 

i didnt proof read this one so sorry for any typos.