primrose

Blue

Wendy blinks her eyes as she stifles another yawn. Just three minutes more.

 

As much as she wants to greet her crush a happy birthday, she just can’t seem to type the perfect message. They are not friends… yet. They just bump into each other in the hallways and once sat beside each other as class representatives for the music fest.

 

They are acquainted. Now, just to send a message shouldn’t be that hard, right?

 

Frustrated, she turns to twitter. Her red velvet fangirling account seems to be the perfect source of advice to get her girl.

 

She almost has a heart attack when replies come from her classmates. Checking her profile, she sent the tweet from the wrong account.

 

Tonight is the day she dies. She has just revealed her crush on a certain junior.

 

And she follows that account.

 

Crap.

 

---

 

Staring at twitter and getting her heart stabbed is not part of Rosé’s birthday plans.


She’s just waiting for the time to strike midnight, celebrate getting a year older and then get her beauty sleep. It’s a Wednesday and there’s still school tomorrow, anyway.

 

But just as her giddy and excited self encounters the tweet, she suddenly has the urge to cry.

 

The love of her life and the school’s nightingale, Wendy Son, just tweeted.

 

it’s my crush’s birthday! help. what to do?

 

And see, February 10th is Seulgi’s birthday. She’s probably the most popular student in the whole campus. Just that day, the senior’s classroom is barely visible from the number of students handing her gifts and letters. But the worst part about it is that Seulgi is still apparently single, only sticking by Wendy’s side throughout the day. Like usual.

 

There really was no need for Wendy to shout it to the world when everybody already assumes.

 

She goes to bed early.

 

---

 

Getting scolded by Jisoo was not part of the plan, either.

 

“I told you! Check. your. twitter!”

 

Rosé sighs, remembering the dreaded tweet from the previous night.  Jisoo is aware of her little crush. It would be easier to just tell her what she’s supposed to be seeing.

 

Her notifications are blowing up. She assumes it’s birthday greeting from her schoolmates, but impatient Jisoo grabs it and opens Wendy’s profile.

 

“Scroll up.”

 

 

it’s my crush’s birthday. help. what to do?

 

ASHKHDJKKKJ WRONG ACCOUNT

 

sksksksk it’s not seulgi

 

@gomdori calm your fans pls

 

happy birthday @roses_are_rosie sorry you have to find out this way

 

ur cute but y u ignor me

 

… night :(

 

 

Her gasp seems to satisfy the now smirking Jisoo.

 

“I told you. Now, look.”

 

In her surprise, she doesn’t notice the silence that surrounds the room. Her classmates that were sitting a few seats away are also looking behind her.

 

Turning around, she sees her other friend, Jennie. But she’s not alone.

 

Wendy stands beside her, holding a chipmunk plush and a pink paper primrose.

 

“Happy birthday, Rosie.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: just a quick drabble for Rosé day! <3