rose gold

Blue

For some people, special moments come as an invisible light bulb, fireworks, or even a breaching whale.

 

For Wendy, it comes in shiny gold sparkles and the smell of fresh flowers.

 

It first happens on a Friday night.

 

Wendy is in a high-ceiling restaurant with jazz playing in the background, With her is one of the prettiest women she’s ever seen.

 

Said woman looks up from her phone to face her, brown eyes staring back as her lips match it with a soft smile.

 

Wendy swallows, heart skipping a beat as the sight transitions into her signature moments of sparkles and flowers. She takes a deep breath, catching the one just stolen by the woman in front of her.

 

Beautiful. Rosé is so beautiful.

 

Wendy and Rosé are friends. But, it is then that the former realizes that she badly wants to change that.

 

 

 

It happens again on a late morning, sun peeking through the windows of her glass-walled apartment. Wendy sleepily walks towards the kitchen, eyes squinting against the light.

 

Rosé sits on the edge of the couch, one leg tapping on the floor and the other crossed in front of her. She’s wearing exercise clothes and is munching on a piece of gummy worm.

 

“I thought we were going jogging?”

 

Nothing about this is romantic. Wendy’s heart thinks otherwise.

 

Rosé continues eating with a small pout. Wendy just stops and lets the invisible glitter linger at the sight.

 

“I’m sorry, give me a minute to dress up. But how are you awake so early when we watched the movie until 4 AM?”

 

Rosé takes a deep breath and smiles just then. “Let’s go another time instead. I just want to make the most out of a good day with you.”

Wendy shakes her head, flustered at the invading thought of having Rosé with her for the rest of their lives instead.

 

 

 

The next time it happens, there are tears involved.

 

Wendy comes over soon after work. Rosé sighs resigned and leans back on the couch. She reaches for Rosé’s hand to intertwine with hers as she cries.

 

Ironically, Wendy watches Rosé in awe as she glows brighter, the moment lingering with each pound of Wendy’s hearts against her chest. 

 

She scoots closer and guides Rosé to lean her head on her shoulder. It was a bad day and Wendy knew Rosé would get over it. But, she was willing to listen and be with her in her feelings there.

 

They talk all night until sniffles are replaced with chuckles, tears on cheeks with soft kisses, and sobs with laughter.

 

 

 

Shiny gold sparkles glimmer brighter and the scent of fresh flowers linger longer each time. But unlike other people’s thoughts, hers do not change. It’s always the same, just louder and more prominent than before.

 

I like her.

 

I like her.

 

I like her.

 

…until all of a sudden it meant a different thing.

 

 

 

This happens on the morning of her birthday.

 

“Don’t forget to make a wish.” Rosé says before Wendy blows the candle on her red velvet cake.

 

Wendy smiles and ponders at the thought. A question suddenly comes to mind as she recalls the other woman’s birthday from a few weeks ago,

 

“Did your wish come true?”

 

Rosé keeps her gaze linger on her before responding.

 

“Not yet. But I know it’s coming soon. So, make a wish too.”

 

When Wendy opens her eyes and blows the candles out, Rosé is already holding a bouquet of flowers in front of her.

 

Wendy plants a kiss on Rosé’s forehead.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Rosé’s cheeks grow pink and Wendy thinks it’s the most adorable thing.

 

Unknowingly, Wendy and Rosé’s wishes come true at the same time.

 

I like her.

 

I like her.

 

I like her.

 

And now…

 

“I am so in love with you.”

 

The fragrant smell envelops them. Leaning closer, they share the same warmth and anticipation. Wendy cups Rosé’s face and watches as the morning sun sends specks of gold around the beautiful woman in front of her.

 

They share a sweet kiss but not before Wendy chuckles to Rosé’s surprise.

 

Shiny gold sparkles and the smell of fresh flowers.

 

Everything makes sense now.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I was supposed to write an update for Insanely Rich but thought I needed writing practice. I actually wrote fluff in a few hours??? I'm so kilig. Huhu. 

Btw, this was inspired by this tweet. Yes, it's very old. It's been on my notes for that long! *cries*

Anyway, thank you for reading! I hope there are still wensé enthusiasts here. Haha.