silence

Blue

Rosé basks in the comfort of her condominium unit, lost in her thoughts with soft music playing in the background. Feeling lonely is nothing new but she has never been good with silence.

 

She continues stirring her hot chocolate as she scrolls through her phone’s camera roll. Stumbling at the selca she and her girlfriend took a few months ago, she thinks about how perfect they had looked together.

 

 

there’s no more life in your eyes

 

 

Another song starts and she considers learning the chords, glancing at the corner where her baby pink guitar is. She smiles at the memory of getting it as a gift for their second anniversary last year.

 

The door clicks at the same moment.

 

“Hi.”

 

Her voice sounded so soft it was almost drowned by the sad music.

 

She stands to meet Wendy and presses a kiss on her cheek. The other woman returns the kiss on her lips instead, lingering, before she takes a step and brings their faces closer, leaving no space for Rosé’s overthinking. It works momentarily but it would still creep in at the dead of the night anyway.

 

“Aren't you going to sleep yet? I’ll just take a quick shower and then I’ll follow.”

 

As she nods, Wendy turns towards the bathroom. Rosé gulps the rest of her drink and washes her cup and the rest of her loneliness away.

 

 

I shiver in the cold despite being with you all night

 

 

The music still plays and she moves towards the computer to shut it down. But the song still plays in her head, teasing and hitting her insides with a reminder of something she already knows but refuses to acknowledge.

 

That night, she lies beside Wendy, like every other night in the past year. She stares at the woman who has the same name and face, but with a heart that’s definitely changed.

 

Wendy sleepily reaches for her hand and Rosé takes the chance to intertwine their fingers together the way they always do.

 

Rosé looks at her half-asleep girlfriend, eyes fluttering close but she cannot look away.

 

 

If only you told me… I would have let you go

 

 

She still stares at the only person that occupies her mind. Recalling the first time they met, she thinks of eyes that crinkle in surprise, lips that lift to a teasing smirk.

 

Her own lips tug into a wistful smile now.

 

 

Can’t we get those moments back?

 

 

Rosé lets go of Wendy’s hand but the latter blindly reaches for it back. Clutching onto her, Wendy’s thumb caresses the back of her hand in tune with every beat of her heart.

 

 

Didn’t you tell me with us together this bitter world would be happy?

 

 

Wendy’s phone vibrates on the side table and the soothing hand stops and turns cold. Neither makes a move to check who it is. They didn’t have to.

 

 

Didn’t I tell you I’d do everything for us to stay until the end?

 

 

Rosé sighs and tries to prevent a sob from escaping.

 

 

Only to find out you were just waiting for her to come back

 

 

Pulling away from her girlfriend, she gets up and locks herself inside the bathroom. She crouches down, drowning in pent-up emotions as she finally allows herself to weep.

 

 

I don’t know what I did wrong

 

 

A knock follows. Then another.

 

“I’m sorry, Rosé. I’m really sorry.”

 

 

I wish you’d have told me…

 

 

 

 

A/N: Heavily inspired by the song, "Sana" by I Belong to the Zoo. I don't think my translations do justice to how amazing this song is. Click here to listen and watch the MV.