Playgirl?

So what?

Jungeun sighs, stretching her neck momentarily before returning to her paperwork. She's seen multiple patients already but luckily it's a slightly slower day. She might be able to head home at a decent time for once. Jinsol smiles at her from her chair across the desk. Feeling a buzz in her pocket, she pulls out her phone. It's Sooyoung.

Sooyoung: Hey loser, I'm at the kids' ward, where are yall?

Jinsol: I'm at the doctor's office. The one that helped Yerim. We'll be down in a bit, just wait in the common room or sth

Sooyoung: Sure. c ya

Just as Jinsol is about to pocket her phone, another message comes through.

Sooyoung: Cutie spotted, take your time ;)

Shaking her head, Jinsol chuckles and turns to Jungeun. She's still focused on the papers and computer in front of her. The gang leader gets up slowly, moving around the desk and taking in the doctor's hunched over position. Resting her hands on Jungeun's shoulders like she had done earlier that day, a soft yelp comes out from Jungeun's lips.

'Didn't mean to scare you. You're still so tense.' Jungeun takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and enjoying Jinsol's soothing movements on her shoulders and upper back. 'It's okay, I got too focused there.' Jinsol shakes her head and leans forward, enveloping the younger girl in a back hug over her chair. 'Think you could take a break? My friend just got here, she's at the kids' ward and it seems she's already found some poor girl to tease.' Jungeun chuckles before turning in her chair, coming face to face with Jinsol. 'Playgirl?' Jinsol nods, pursing her lips. 'Sooyoung loves making cute girls blush, but she's usually very clear and honest about her intentions. I just want to make sure she doesn't bother some poor young mother or nurse.' 

Offering her hand, Jinsol helps Jungeun up. 'Before we get out...' Jungeun stops in place and turns back to Jinsol. 'Yeh?' Fidgeting slightly, she moves closer, invading her space slowly. Gently squeezing her hand, Jinsol looks her in the eye. 'Can I take you out for dinner later? Like, a date?' Jungeun's eyes widen, she didn't quite expect that. But her face betrays her instantly as she smiles widely. Before she fully realises, she's already pulled Jinsol into a tight hug. 'YES! I mean... I'd really like that.' Blushing, she finds herself squeezed closer by Jinsol. 'It's a date then.' Looking up, Jungeun loses herself in deep brown eyes once again, sparkling due to the wide smile Jinsol's sporting. Leaning in, the 2 meet in a soft kiss, sealing the promise of a date.

 

* * * 

Running a hand through her short hair, Sooyoung sighs. She's not used to being around young kids that much. After texting Jinsol, she looks around to find a cute auburn-haired girl walking around in a doctor's coat with a little penguin pin attached to her ID-tag. Texting Jinsol again to take her time, she fixes her crop top and determinately walks over to the girl as she fills in some papers at the welcome desk.

Sliding up, she leans against the counter, looking at her. The doctor's lips are stretched in a sweet smile as she hums to herself and happily fills in a form. Turning her head at the presence, the doctor smiles at Sooyoung in greeting. 'Hi! Can I help you?' 

Sooyoung smiles at her anime-like voice filled with excitement and genuine happiness. It's contagious. She smiles back and leans her chin on her hand, levelling with the young pediatrician. 'Depends, would you happen to know where I can take you on our first date?' Throwing in a wink for good measure, Sooyoung awaits a response patiently.

Jiwoo blinks for a moment, the smile never leaving her face. A small blush starts spreading on her cheeks as she cleans up the forms and hands them to the secretary on the other side of the counter. Turning back to the pretty stranger, she purses her lips. 'Depends on whether you're looking to court me properly or simply have a fling.' Sooyoung smirks, finding herself more and more intrigued by the second. So the innocent girl has some bite to her, she thinks. 

'Only time will tell, cutie. I must say, you're awfully interesting though.' Stepping closer, Sooyoung offers her hand. 'Ha Sooyoung.' Jiwoo chuckles and returns the gesture. 'Doctor Kim Jiwoo. But most of the kids call me Doctor Chuu.' Smiling, Sooyoung turns Jiwoo's hand, laying a kiss upon the back of it while keeping eye-contact. 'Pleased to meet you, Doctor. Would this mean your patients get kisses?' Jiwoo nods, noting the mischievous tone in Sooyoung's voice. 'Then, what part of my body do I need to break in order to receive a kiss from you?' Biting her lip at the silliness, Jiwoo pulls Sooyoung closer and whispers in her ear. 'If you play your cards right, you won't have to break anything.'

Laughing, Sooyoung lets go of Jiwoo's hand. 'I'll try my hardest, Miss Jiwoo.' She suddenly remembers her reason for coming to the hospital. 'Sorry for the sudden change of subject but I'm actually here for a friend. Her sister got hurt and she brought her here. They're both like family to me so I thought I'd come to see if there's anything I can do, and make sure they're okay.' Jiwoo chuckles, only 1 person fits that description. 'You're friends with Jinsol?' Sooyoung nods. 'Yes, ma'am! She said she's coming down with the doc that helped them yesterday soon. Do you know where Yerim is?' 

They end up walking into the common room and decide to wait there together for Jinsol and Jungeun as Haseul goes to check on the girls and ask them to have some tea with the rest in the common room too. Sooyoung falls into easy banter with Jiwoo and making her smile and blush fills her heart with joy. On the other hand, Jiwoo loves the affection she's getting from Sooyoung.

'I'm serious. Jinsol's never broken anything even though she's super clumsy and I've seen her smack into things and fall down stairs multiple times!' As they laugh, Jungeun and Jinsol round the corner. 'Ya, why do you always use my clumsiness in your ploys to get girls?' Sooyoung sticks out her tongue at her friend. 'Because you're hilarious to talk about and what better way to get close to a girl than make her laugh?' Jiwoo shrugs. 'Works for me.'

Jinsol groans, ready to pout until Jungeun squeezes her hand softly and guides her to the table to sit with the rest. Most of the kids had already left the common room to have dinner in their rooms. 'Don't be pouty. Want some coffee?' Jinsol smiles and nods. Sooyoung doesn't miss the way the smile reaches her eyes fully, sparkling as her gaze lingers on Jungeun. Turning, Sooyoung makes some meaningful eye-contact with Jiwoo who chuckles into her hand shortly after. 

'Haseul is trying to get Yerim and Yeojin to come here. Let's hope they'll want to let go of the Switch. Yeojin is an avid gamer.' Jinsol chuckles, looking back at Jiwoo. 'So is Yerimie. I'm glad she could enjoy herself and help one of your patients. Haseul said Yeojin has some problems with her immune system?' Jiwoo nods sadly. 'Yeh, she came in with a broken leg a few years ago and has been in and out of the hospital since. She's fragile and easily susceptible to diseases so she's been home-schooled for a while too. Bright kid but just unlucky.' Jinsol and Sooyoung nod sadly.

'Well, if there's anyone that could make her feel better, it's surely Yerim. She's like the personification of the sun!' Jinsol chuckles at Sooyoung. 'That's true. Everyone loves her.' Jiwoo smiles brightly. 'She's sweet! And her ankle will heal in no time! Jungeun can just check up on her from here on out but you're always welcome to make an appointment here or just pop by as well.' Jinsol nods in thanks and scoots over as Jungeun comes over with their coffees. 

Grabbing her coffee she smiles after a sip. Sooyoung frowns. 'You don't put that sprinkle of sugar in your coffee anymore?' Jinsol blushes as Jungeun hides behind her cup. 'I already added it.' Sooyoung's eyes move between Jinsol and Jungeun for a moment. 'So yall kissed huh?' 

Nearly choking on her coffee, Jungeun puts her mug down and hides her face behind her hands. Jinsol blushes but can't help but laugh at her friend's bluntness and Jungeun's cute red face. 'You'll get used to her bluntness.' Gently she rubs circles on Jungeun's back as she calms down slowly. Jiwoo clings to Sooyoung's arm, laughing at her friend. 'Her face got so red!' 

Shaking her head, she looks up as someone else enters the common room. 'We might have an issue...' Everyone turns to face Haseul.

'The girls, they...'

 

 

 

-----------------------------------

Author's note:

cliffhanger o.O?

Enjoy! Hmu on twitter if ya want! @shaimaafoop

Have a good day/night! :3