Breakfast at Jungie's

So what?

Jinsol blinks open her eyes, looking down. I don't remember grabbing a blanket? Looking around, she recalls coming to Jungeun's apartment to check on Yerim and stayed the night. I must've fallen asleep at some point. 

'Quite the bodyguard I am, falling asleep on the job.' 

Unbeknownst to her, Jungeun had walked back up to see if she'd like to join Yerim and her for breakfast. The young doctor chuckles, hand moving up to . 

'I don't know, I felt pretty safe with you here.' Jumping up, Jinsol drops the blanket on the floor, turning to face the soft voice. Her eyes immediately widen upon seeing Jungeun. I must've really been tired yesterday to not notice this beauty, omg. Automatically finding her hand reach for her neck, she looks down. 'I'm glad to be of service. Thanks for the blanket, by the way.' Jungeun bites her lip and nods.

Slowly, Jinsol shuffles around the couch, finding back her confidence as her mind clears the fog from having just woken up. She easily reaches Jungeun, looking down into her eyes and reaching up to twist a piece of her soft brown hair between her fingers. Jungeun holds her breath, hearing her heart beat loudly in her ears. 

'I meant what I said last night, by the way.' Leaning in closer, Jinsol notices the prominent blush on Jungeun's cheeks. She somehow seems to be shining in the soft morning light coming in. She feels the strange desire to run her hand through Jungeun's hair. Deciding against it, she takes a deep breath and smiles at the girl currently stuck under her gaze. Jungeun hadn't moved an inch, her breath stuck in her chest and eyes wide and focused on the gang leader hovering over her.

'Anytime you need anything, I'll be here. So if you need a bodyguard, I'll be glad to be of service again.' 

Letting go of Jungeun's hair, Jinsol decides to give her some space by taking a step back. As if shaken from a dream, Jungeun blinks rapidly and chuckles nervously. 'Ehm, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.' 

Jungeun doesn't live in a dangerous area per se, but there are certain risk factors to being a woman living around. Especially one as pretty as her. Jungeun is well aware of her looks, as it has caused her trouble at work on numerous occasions with patients and colleagues alike hitting on her and being harassed on the streets a few times. However, she doesn't know if she'll survive with Jinsol staying over again. She is sure she'd have to make an appointment with one of her cardiologist colleagues if that happens more often than just this once.

'You know, you look pretty in natural lighting.' Jungeun's eyes snap up to the owner of the velvety deep voice. 'I- T- Thank you...' Jinsol smiles. She's precious. 

'Did you check on Yerim, yet?' Jungeun is glad for the change in topic. 'Yeh, she's doing alright. I, ehm, just made breakfast for us all and was about to take it into the guest bedroom actually. Would you like to join us?' Avoiding eye contact, Jungeun shuffles back and forth in place, waiting for an answer.

'Thank you. Wouldn't eating in the kitchen be better, though?' Jungeun clears and nods. 'Yeh, but I don't want to have Yerim move around unnecesarily.' Smiling at her thoughtfulness, Jinsol moves forward and grabs Jungeun's hand. 'Who said she'd have to move?' Before she has time to question anything, the doctor is already being dragged to the guest room by Jinsol. She doesn't really want to question it though, as Jinsol's hands are calloused yet fit hers perfectly, gently holding her hand and giving her the option to let go if she wants. She's kind. Smiling and looking up at the back of Jinsol's head, she holds her hand a bit tighter, enjoying her warmth.

Jinsol smiles as she feels Jungeun grip her hand tighter, the smaller's hands are soft. Her hands hold the same gentleness she probably treats her patients with. 'GOOD MORNING!' Barging in to the guest room, Jinsol smiles at her little sister. Yerim jumps slightly but quickly breaks out in a huge smile, lighting up the room. At first, she's happy because her sister is still here, like Jungeun told her. Then, she notices how Jinsol is holding her saviour's hand tightly and she can't help but feel giddy. Yerim is a er for romance.

'JINSOL UNNIE! GOOD MORNING!' Laughing at the loud siblings, Jungeun continues walking behind Jinsol, hands still clasped together warmly. 'Yerimmie, how are you feeling?' Jinsol's voice drops into a sweet tone, worry and care for her sister shining through clearly. 'I'm okay. Jungeun unnie took good care of me!' Jinsol smiles and reaches forward to ruffle her hair. 'I know. And she promised to continue looking after you, isn't that awesome?' The young girl nods excitedly and keeps glancing at her unnies' linked hands. They look cute together.

'But first, let's get you to the breakfast table!' Jinsol runs her thumb over the back of Jungeun's hand and smiles at her before letting go. Shuddering at the loss of contact, Jungeun blushes and hides her face behind her hair. The older girl gently removes the blankets off of her sister and places a hand under her knees. Smiling, Yerim already knows what her sister plans to do. Jinsol's other arm supports under Yerim's shoulders as Yerim herself wraps her arms around her big sister's neck tightly. Jungeun looks up after steadying herself to find Yerim up in the air, in Jinsol's arms.

'Lead the way, doc!' Jungeun tries not to show her continuous blush worsening once again at the realisation of Jinsol's strength. She doesn't even look or sound remotely bothered to be carrying Yerim like that. Quickly, the doctor decides to turn and walk towards the door, nearly stumbling over her own feet. The sisters give each other a look and Jinsol winks before moving to follow the flustered doctor.

 

* * *

 

Once seated, Jungeun starts arranging plates and making sure everyone can reach everything. 'Yerim, would you prefer tea or some orange juice?' Smiling up at her, Yerim points at Jungeun's cup of coffee. 'Coffee, please!'

'Ha ha, very funny. You're already hyper enough without caffeine, kid. She'll have some milk. Do you have cinnamon?' Jungeun chuckles as Yerim sticks her tongue out to Jinsol and nods to the elder of the sisters. Getting up, she moves to open her upper cabinet. 'I think I still have some here from when a friend came over and decided to make pancakes.' Frowning, Jungeun realises she just about can't reach the small spice jar. Huffing, she's about to grab a stool, when suddenly she's envelopped by heat. Jinsol quickly invades her space, leaning into her back to reach up and grab the jar with ease. Her long arm slowly comes down, jar in hand, and she turns to face Jungeun with an eye smile. 'I've got it, thanks.' As quickly as she'd come, Jinsol was gone again, opening her fridge and finding the milk easily. 'You can call me for that too yknow?' 

Jungeun snaps out of her stupor and turns, looking at Jinsol's side profile as she pours Yerim her glass of milk. The high schooler is happily munching on some of the french toast that was prepared by the young doctor. 'Excuse me?' Bracing herself against her counter, she admires how Jinsol's black hair flows over her shoulders and back with ease, even in it's current messy state somehow shimmering softly in the morning rays seeping in through her kitchen window. Biting her lip, she traces her eyes along Jinsol's long neck, stopping at her sharp jawline. She almost lets out a whine at how her neck muscles ripple as Jinsol turns her head to face Jungeun. 

Realising she's being checked out, Jinsol makes it a point to smirk and look Jungeun straight in the eye as she sets down the milk and walks back up to her. Setting one hand on either side of the young doctor, Jinsol leans into her comfortably, making Jungeun's breath hitch. Jinsol's naturally flowery scent invades her senses, warming her up. Gulping and looking into Jinsol's eyes, she's sure she could drown in those pools of molten chocolate. Leaning into her ear, Jinsol whispers in a teasing tone.

'I said, you can call me when you need someone to reach the top shelf for you, doc.' Moving back towards her seat, Jinsol smiles in victory as she leaves Jungeun a sputtering mess, face reddening more and more by the second. Sipping her coffee, Jinsol enjoys her breakfast just that little bit more.

 

 

 

 

------------------

Author's note:

 

I must say, I'm bad at oneshots because I'm too descriptive and want to fully play a story out. So, I guess this is just another project now xD 

Enjoy!

Have a good day/night and don't forget to vote for Dreamcatcher! :3