My visitor

So what?

After quickly making up an excuse about Yerim's foot hurting when Jinsol comes up to find her hugging Jungeun and tears in her eyes, Jinsol carries her down and they drive to the clinic in silence.

'We can just go straight up to Jiwoo's desk. She just texted me that an appointment fell away so she can see Yerim first.' Nodding, Jinsol adjusts her grip on Yerim, carrying her bridal style again to support her leg properly. Jungeun smiles at the pair and leads them to the back entrance, using her pass to take the employee elevator up. 'Won't you get in trouble for this?' Jungeun shrugs. 'This way we don't have to worry about accidentally bumping Yerim's leg into someone.' A soft giggle escapes Yerim's lips as she hangs onto her sister. 'Unnie wouldn't let anything happen to me, right?' Jinsol stands up straight and nods curtly ahead. 'Why of course, princess Yerim! Your safety and comfort are my top priorities!' 

Settling into a comfortable silence, Jinsol and Jungeun find themselves in a gentle staring contest. Brown melts into brown, smiles lighting up their faces. The elevator dings softly as they arrive on the 12th floor, doors sliding open with a squeak. Immediately the typical sanitized hospital smell reaches Jinsol's nose as they step out and follow Jungeun. Doctors and nurses alike are running around at steady paces, scribbling in reports and discussing patients. A few patients and their visitors make their way around between rooms and Jinsol manoeuvres around them with Yerim carefully.

Not bothering to knock, Jungeun throws open the door to her best friend's office and holds the door open for the sisters behind her. 'Jiwoo, we're here.' A cute giggle comes from behind the desk. Doctor Kim Jiwoo has a childlike glow about her, Jinsol can instantly see how she'd be a pediatrician. Jungeun closes the door behind them and pulls out a chair for Jinsol to place Yerim on. Once seated, Yerim greets the other doctor in the room with equal childlike excitement. 'Hello! My name is Yerim!' Jiwoo squeaks and leans over her desk to squish the young girl's cheeks. 'OMG! You're too cute! I'm Kim Jiwoo but you can call me Doctor Chuu!' Jinsol laughs deeply and tilts her head. 'Chuu? Like a kiss?' Smiling, Jiwoo jumps up and salutes. 'Yes, ma'am! I am here to kiss all the little kids' oos away!' 

Jungeun steps forward and smacks Jiwoo on the head. 'I told you to stop saying that! Some people will take it the wrong way!' Jiwoo pouts cutely and settles back in her desk chair. Shaking her head, Jinsol stands behind Yerim's chair. 'You can sit, Jinsol.' She smiles down at Jungeun and points at the free chair. 'You deserve to sit more than me. You'll be running around enough during your shift later, I'm sure.' Jiwoo gasps loudly and shares a wink and look with Yerim as her colleague blushes and sits down. Clearing , Jungeun faces Jiwoo and hardens her look at Jiwoo's teasing gaze. 'So, Yerim hurt her ankle as I mentioned in my text earlier.' 

Jiwoo nods with a big smile on her lips and starts up a file on her computer. 'I'll need to get some basic information for your file and then we'll have a look at that ankle, alright?' Yerim smiles, she feels comfortable with this doctor. Almost as comfortable as she feels with Jungeun. 'Jungeun, you know my rule.' Sighing, she gets up and makes a move to leave. Yerim tilts her head in the same way her older sister always does. 'She can't stay?' Jiwoo shakes her head and smiles at her kindly. 'I prefer working one on one with my patients if they allow me to. Others can just distract or try to speak for the patient and I like to make sure I don't miss a single piece of information. I mean, you're old enough to handle yourself, right?' Yerim nods, puffing her chest but does glance up to her sister momentarily. Patting her shoulder, Jinsol bows her head to Jiwoo and thanks and turns. 'Guess I'll follow you, Jungeun.' 

Once outside, Jungeun looks at her phone. She still had some time before her shift but could get a headstart on her paperwork. 'I think I'll get started on some work already while Jiwoo is checking on Yerim.' Turning, she looks up at Jinsol. 'Sure. I'm coming with though. Hospitals make me nervous and I did say I'd be your bodyguard anytime you need it.' Winking playfully, the raven-haired girl nudges Jungeun with her shoulder. 'Did I say I need a bodyguard?' Jinsol shrugs and shoves her hands into her jeans pockets. 'A pretty young doctor like you? Sure you do.' Said young doctor blushes at the compliment and opts to not answer and instead lead the way to her office, on the 6th floor.

As they walk, Jinsol slightly lingering behind Jungeun, a few doctors wave and greet the doctor, looking on in confusion as Jinsol shadows her. Getting to her office, Jungeun pulls out a key and unlocks the door, walking into her little safe haven away from home. The interior is the typical white and clean modern look you'd expect in a hospital but Jungeun managed to make the space her own. She's added splashes of crimson to the interior, her favourite colour making her feel at ease. Jinsol smiles and allows her eyes to take in the details of the office. A small potted plant with red flowers sits on her desk, next to a small statue of a forest owl. Her blinds are up, allowing the sunlight to gloss over the immaculately kept desk. Folders and reports are neatly put away, her writing supplies organised to the tee.

Jinsol can tell how seriously Jungeun takes her job. Part of her can't help but feel sad though. There are no picture frames laying around, no mementos or personal objects. It seems there may well be a big difference between Jungeun and doctor Jungeun. As she turns, Jinsol gasps at the way Jungeun's eyes shimmer in the sunlight. Her beauty keeps amazing me.

'I'm sorry I can't entertain you. I still have some reports to finish. Jiwoo will message me when she's done with Yerim.' Jinsol smiles and settles into the chair next to the desk. 'Just watching you is entertainment enough, Jungeun.' Smiling in victory at the soft blush gracing the doctor's cheeks, Jinsol leans back comfortably. Jungeun coughs and moves to grab a hairband from her desk, stretching her arms over her head to pull her hair into a high ponytail. It takes every last bit of restraint from Jinsol to not gulp and whine at the sight. Damn, I'm gay.

'Do you want some coffee? I can get us some from the breakroom.' Jinsol shrugs. 'I can always go for coffee.' Jungeun smiles sweetly and lets her computer startup as she walks out, leaving the door open. Turning to the right, she makes her way into the breakroom, finding it empty as most have just had their break. Grabbing 2 mugs, she pours coffee for herself and Jinsol, humming happily. Smiling, she can't believe how much her mood has been lifted since she met the 2 sisters only last night. Adding just a bit of sugar for Jinsol and a much too high amount of sugar for her, on top of some creamer, Jungeun giggles. It's not healthy but it's tasty. Jinsol had chided her on her usage of sugar in her coffee just earlier that day during their late breakfast. 

'You look like you're in a good mood!' Rolling her eyes at the voice, Jungeun tries to ignore him, simply nodding and stirring the coffees in front of her faster, wanting to leave. Doctor Lee was a nice guy, but he couldn't take a hint when it came to Jungeun turning him down. He keeps trying when he bumps into her, saying they'd be a genius doctor couple. Yes, he's a brilliant neurologist, but he's also a big flirt and much too proud of himself. 'Come on, won't you give me some of that good mood and indulge me to have some coffee together?' Sighing, Jungeun turns to him. 'I have a visitor and a stack of paperwork to do, Lee. And I've told you before that I'm not interested.' Doctor Lee shakes his head and moves closer to Jungeun, a big smile on his face. 'Come on, just 1 date? What's it gonna hurt? You know we'd look good together!' 

'Not as good as my fist would look against your face.' The two doctors jump at the sudden deep voice coming from the doorway. Jinsol had wanted to run after Jungeun to tell remind her how she likes her coffee when she walked into Jungeun almost being cornered by the strange male doctor. Jungeun wants to laugh at the look of pure confusion on doctor Lee's face and hides her smile behind her coffee mug. 'And who are you to walk in here and threaten me?' Jinsol tenses and balls her fists, she hates guys that won't take a hint. She's said no once, that should be clear enough. Jungeun notices Jinsol's gaze hardening and fixating on Lee. She picks up Jinsol's cup and walks up to her, handing it to the tense girl. 'Your coffee. Almost black but not quite.' Jungeun smiles up at her as Jinsol snaps out of it and takes the mug from her. Jungeun moves her now free hand down to unclench Jinsol's other first and hold her hand gently, running her thumb over the back of her hand. 'Thanks, Jungeun.' Jinsol visibly relaxes and holds onto Jungeun's hand tightly. 

'As I said before, I have a visitor. Good luck with your patients today, Lee.' The doctor stands there, ticked off and flabbergasted as Jungeun smiles ever so sweetly at the girl in her hold. They walk out of the breakroom and don't let go of each other's hand until they're back in the safety of Jungeun's office. 'Thanks for that.' Jinsol hums as she takes a long sip from her coffee to calm herself more. Perfect. Like her. 'Were you really going to punch him?' Jinsol chuckles darkly and places her mug on Jungeun's desk. Jungeun does the same and sits in her desk chair, watching as Jinsol walks over to her. She hovers over her, dark hair hanging down, creating a curtain between them and the rest of the world. She braces her hands, one on the back of Jungeun's chair and one on the arm of the chair. Their eyes meet, soft breathing and the distant buzz of the hospital the only noise between them. 'If he didn't back off? Sure.' Jungeun gulps, getting lost in Jinsol's eyes once again. 

'Why?' Jungeun knows why. It's clear as day that the gang leader likes her, from the teasing to the lingering touches between them. Heck, even her little sister could see. 'I hate when people can't take a hint. You said no, that should've been the end. And...'

Jungeun bites her lip, blinking slowly as Jinsol leans in closer, her dark eyes hypnotising the doctor. 'And?' One side of Jinsol's mouth curls up into an attractive smirk as she leans in to whisper into Jungeun's ear, sending shudders down the doctor's spine. 'And... I don't like when someone messes with someone under my care.' Jinsol moves back to meet Jungeun's eyes once again, smiling softly. Her eyes glance down to her lips, leaning in closer. 'And maybe I want you all to myself...' 

Their moment is suddenly gone as Jungeun's phone rings, showing Jiwoo's caller ID. Jinsol laughs it off, kissing Jungeun's cheek and getting up. The flustered doctor picks up the phone shakily.

'KIM JIWOO, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!'

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

Author's note:

Oops, Chuu ruined the moment o.O

Enjoy ;)

Have a good day/night :3