Kiss Later

So what?

'KIM JIWOO, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!' 

That's what Jungeun would've yelled through the phone, had she been less flustered by Jinsol's blatant flirting. In a weak attempt to steady her breathing, she turns her chair to look out her window, eyes tracing over skyscrapers and houses in the distance. 'Yes?' 

Jiwoo chuckles on her end, recognising the way Jungeun is slightly out of breath. Usually, it's from her running across the clinic to help out different departments, but since Jiwoo knows she's with Jinsol, she hopes it's due to other types of exertion. 'Hey, Jungeun! I just wanted to let you know that I'm done examining Yerim. I put her in a brace for support and she hobbled off into the common room to entertain herself, I gave her the password to the pc.' Jungeun smiles in relief and gets up. Not broken then, just badly sprained. 'Thanks, Jiwoo. We'll be right over.' Jiwoo nods on the other sides and drops the call. She has some more patients to examine.

'Sounds like Yerim only badly sprained her ankle. Jiwoo gave her a brace for support. We can ask for details later.' Jinsol smiles brightly, so relieved that her sister will be okay. 'Oh, that's great! I'm glad she didn't break anything.' Jungeun smiles and gets up, grabbing her doctor's coat from the closet and tying up her hair neatly. Making sure her badge is properly clipped on, she turns back to Jinsol. 

'You know, I never liked doctors much.' Jungeun frowns and tilts her head at the raven-haired beauty smirking at her. 'I might have to make an exception if they all look as good as you.' Winking, Jinsol laughs as Jungeun sputters and quickly runs out, holding the door open. 'Ehm, Yerim is playing downstairs. We can go pick her up.' With a soft nod, Jinsol moves out of the office and waits patiently as Jungeun locks the door and leads the way back to the pediatric floor. 

In the elevator, you can cut the tension between them with a knife. Jinsol never liked silences, she always feels like there's something left unsaid. Or in this case, something left undone. With a final nod of courage, she turns to face Jungeun once they're alone on the elevator. Jungeun backs up, heating up at her space being invaded by the beautiful girl once again. 'Jinsol?' She looks up at her, meeting pupils blown entirely, a soft glow tainting Jinsol's cheeks. Reaching up, she softly caresses the doctor's jaw, guiding her chin up and leaning down. As Jungeun's breath hitches and eyes close, Jinsol closes the gap between them in a sweet kiss. Letting her hand move upwards, she caresses Jungeun's cheek gently and uses her other hand to pull her closer by the waist. Jungeun's arms find their way up to rest on Jinsol's shoulders, pawing softly at her muscles. Breaking the kiss just in time, the elevator pings and they find themselves having to step off. Before reaching the hallway with the children's common room, Jinsol pulls Jungeun back and smiles at her sweetly.

'I just want to say that kiss back there meant something to me. I like you, doc.' Jungeun looks around quickly and when she sees the coast is clear, shyly presses another kiss to Jinsol's soft lips. 'I know.' 

Smiling, Jungeun walks towards the common room with an extra skip in her step. Jinsol can't believe the doctor just pulled that on her but she's not complaining about the second kiss. She just hopes many more will follow.

 

* * *

 

Yerim looks down at her ankle and sighs. She's glad it's not broken but this will be annoying in school. Looking up, she's glad to find the computer finally loaded up PUBG. Quite a modern clinic to have PUBG on their PC's.

She settles into a few games, enjoying herself and forgetting momentarily about the pain in her ankle when she suddenly feels a presence near her. Frowning as the distraction causes her to get killed, she turns, ready to angrily tell off whoever was hovering over her. Only, she didn't expect it to be a cute girl, smaller and probably younger than her. Yerim finds herself smiling at the girl as she frowns at her screen.

'Hi? I'm sorry, did you want to play?' The girl shakes her head lightly, pouting adorably. It's then that she notices the girl is wearing cute green pyjamas with frogs all over. A wire for a central line hanging from her arm. She must be staying here. 'Do you play Mario kart?' The girl finally speaks, shocking Yerim with her deep voice. 'Sometimes I play it with one of my friends at school when she sneaks her Switch in.' A cute smile that reaches her eyes breaks out on the girl's face. She holds out her hand and clasps on tightly once Yerim takes it. 

Yerim finds herself hobbling after this girl, who's leading them to her room she assumes to potentially play Mario kart. Her hands are soft and she's so small. It amuses Yerim that she's a head taller than this girl. Walking into a hospital room near the end of the hall, Yerim smiles. The walls are decorated with drawings of frogs and 'get well soon'-cards in frog theme. She guesses it's the girl's favourite animal. As she lets go of her hand, the girl quickly opens a drawer and pulls up her Nintendo Switch. Moving to the table near the window, she sets it up with Mario kart and sits down cross-legged on one of the chairs before turning to face Yerim. 'Are you coming, or what?' 

Yerim shakes her head, chuckling at the girl's boldness and steps up to settle in the chair, struggling to get her leg comfortable. The girl quickly reacts, grabbing a stool and settling a blanket on it so Yerim can rest her foot on it comfortably. 'Thanks.' She receives a shrug back as the girl slides over the other controller. 

'Rainbow road, best out of 3.' Yerim looks at the challenging glint in the girl's eyes. Cute. 'On one condition.' The girl frowns, not expecting a condition. But she really wants to play with this chipper girl since she obviously understands how games work. 'What?'

Yerim chuckles and holds out her hand, holding the controller in the other. 'My name is Yerim, I'm 17 years old, nice to meet you.' The girl laughs deeply and gets the hint, grabbing Yerim's soft hand in hers happily. 'Yeojin. I'm 16.' Yerim smiles wider. Yeojin, that suits her. 'Alright, now we can set it up for you to lose.' Yeojin smiles at the teasing tone in Yerim's voice and blushes slightly at the wink sent her way. 'Yeah right, I'm the queen of this stage. Game on!' 

The girls settle in, laughing at each other when one of them falls off of the road, teasing each other and having a blast. Yeojin's sister pops in to check on her but backs off once she notices how much fun she's having. She hasn't seen her play with someone her age so contently in a long time.

Jinsol and Jungeun bump into the sister as they walk around trying to find Yerim. Jungeun smiles and they exchange numbers with the sister. 'Yerim doesn't have anywhere to be today, so just let me know when they're done or when they pass out and I'll come to get her.' 

Haseul readily agrees and Jungeun allows Jinsol to settle in her office as she gets to her paperwork, occasionally shooting a smile at the gang leader in the corner and running in and out to help around the hospital.