Oh? (Yes, I am)

So what?

How many more times will Jungeun have to work late? She's lost count. Being a doctor was her lifelong dream, but she wished she was allowed to sleep some more.

Rubbing the fatigue out of her eyes at 4 am once again, she sighs. It's been another long night. She was assigned to the emergency room as they were short-staffed. Usually, she doesn't mind, but one of her friends, Haseul, pointed out she hadn't seen her in weeks. She's losing her work-life balance.

'Ouch, dammit.' Frowning, she turns to the right, hearing a soft whimpering voice coming from one of the many alleyways behind the clinic. Walking away from the parking lot, she lifts her bag onto her shoulder more tightly. 'Hello? Is anyone there?' 

She swears she hears a gasp and quickly rounds the corner, her doctor's brain kicking back into gear. 

In the dimly lit alleyway, a young girl is sitting against one of the black garbage containers lining the wall. She's clutching her ankle and tears seem to be staining her cheeks. 'Hey, I'm a doctor. Are you okay?' 

Walking closer, Jungeun kneels in front of the girl and tries to calm her as the girl tries to move away from her. 'Just sit still, I won't hurt you. If you move, you might make it worse.' Finally, the girl stops moving and bites her lip, clearly biting through the pain in her ankle. 

'What happened? Can I have a look?' Nodding softly, the girl lets go of her ankle, gasping sharply. Bruises are clearly forming along the side of her ankle and calve, her ankle twice the size it should be. Jungeun quickly and carefully loosens the laces on the girl's shoe, allowing for her foot to breathe and accommodate for the swelling. The girl visibly relaxes slightly after her shoe is loosened.

'You need to get into the emergency room. It's at the very least sprained and possibly broken, sweetie. Do you think you can lean on me?' Shaking her head furiously, the girl finally speaks. 

'NO! Please, I can't go into the hospital. They'll find me...' Frowning, she looks around the alleyway. Besides some cars roaring in the distance and the occasional ambulance siren, it's quiet. 'Who will find you? I can assure you we don't just give away patient information at the clinic and-'

'Please...' Turning back to the girl, her heart nearly breaks at the tears spilling over her cheeks and the absolutely terrified and pleading look in her eyes. Jungeun sighs. She can't just turn away and leave this girl alone here. As a medical professional, she would never forgive herself. She weighs her other options.

She can take the girl to her own place and use her medkit at home to treat her for the night and try to talk some sense into her in the morning when she's less terrified of whoever she's trying to run from? Yeh, that can work. And if all else fails she could call the police for help and protection for the girl.

Nodding, she reaches forward. 'Come on, I'll treat you at my apartment.' The girl's face lights up and she holds onto Jungeun tightly. 'Thank you.' Jungeun smiles at her comfortingly and supports her carefully to help her to her car. Luckily she has taken to parking a bit further from the clinic lately, so she gets some more exercise in.

'Let's get you comfortable in the back seat so you can keep your leg lifted, okay?' The girl nods and allows Jungeun to help her in. Quickly looking in her trunk, she grabs a blanket and uses it to prop the girl's foot up gently, placing the passenger seat back, so it can't slide off. 'Are you okay like this?' Nodding, the girl smiles at her. Jungeun smiles back, glad to see her warming up to her more and be less in pain.

Getting into the driver seat, she carefully sets course for her apartment, thankful for the empty early morning streets.

 

* * *

Jungeun smiles at the girl currently comfortably settled into her guest bedroom. She's treated her leg the best she could and made her a cup of tea to calm her down. The girl seems a lot more relaxed now and Jungeun hopes to shed some light on the weird situation she found the girl in.

'I don't mean to pry but since I had to fight every bit of my medical training to stop myself from taking you to the ER, could you explain what you were doing in that alley? And perhaps tell me your name?' Fidgeting, the girl places her cup of tea on the nightstand and looks down at her foot, raised on a pillow gently with an icepack wrapped around her ankle. She really owed this lady a lot, at the very least an explanation.

'My name is Yerim.' Jungeun nods encouragingly at Yerim, smiling softly. 'Very nice to meet you, Yerim. Though I'd wish it'd have been under different circumstances.' This elicits a small giggle from Yerim. She turns to look at Jungeun with a soft smile. 

'Promise you won't judge my family or me? And you won't call the cops?' Jungeun raises an eyebrow in question but nods.

'I was playing around with some of my friends from class but then some of my sister's rivals came to bother us. My sister is kind of a gang leader, you see. And there are a few rivalling gangs that know I'm her little sister and want to hurt her through me.' Jungeun can't help but gasp as she hears Yerim out. Once the initial shock wears off, she gently holds Yerim's hand as the girl seems very nervous.

'It's okay, Yerim. Did they do this to you?' Glancing at her foot briefly, Jungeun returns her attention to Yerim who nods sadly. 'They started calling my sister names and bothering my friends. Luckily, my sister showed up and fought them off but we got separated and Jinsol told me to run, so I did! But I wasn't fast enough. One of them caught up with me and pushed me over some rocks, hurting my ankle. Before he could do more, he got distracted by his friends. He yelled back telling them he found me but I managed to run off and hide in that alleyway before he turned back. I heard them run around trying to find me as I sat there, hiding.' By this point, Yerim is full-on sobbing into Jungeun's arms. 

She holds her tightly and rubs soothing circles on her lower back. 'It's okay, you're safe here with me, okay?' Nodding into her, Yerim tightens her grip on Jungeun's sweater.

'I'm sure Jinsol is worried sick and trying to find me, but I was too scared to call out for her. This hasn't happened before.' Jungeun can't help but feel for the girl. She's had an eventful evening. 'Do you have a phone? Or know your sister's number? We can call her to tell her you're safe.' 

Yerim looks up at her saviour with sparkling eyes. 'You're too kind! I'm so glad you found me and not someone else!' Smiling, she hugs her tightly murmuring thanks into her sweater. The doctor can only hug her back and pat her head comfortingly. 'You must be tired, Yerim. Why don't you try to sleep and I'll make sure your sister knows you're here?' Nodding tiredly, Yerim rubs the tears and sleep out of her eyes. She goes through her pockets until she finds a small card, a phone number written on it. 'Unnie made this for me so I can always reach her.' 

Jungeun nods and tucks Yerim in. 'I'll call her in a bit, okay? You need plenty of rest for your ankle to heal. I'll place some extra pillows next to your foot so you can't move it too much in your sleep.' Yerim nods as she's already slipping off to dreamland, eyes closing and a small yawn escaping her lips.

After tucking her in fully and ensuring her foot is stabilised, Jungeun quietly leaves the room, closing the door behind her with the card in hand.

* * *

Rubbing her eyes and taking a sip of her much-needed coffee, Jungeun settles in the couch. 'Let's hope she picks up.' She grabs her phone and dials the numbers from the card Yerim gave her. Taking another sip of her coffee, she waits patiently as the phone rings through to the other side. Jungeun hopes the sister won't be too worried.

'Hello?' Jungeun nearly chokes on her next sip of coffee, opting instead to set her cup on the coffee table in front of her. A low and velvety voice comes through her phone speaker, sounding slightly out of breath.

'Y-yes. Hello. Is this Jinsol?' Clearing , she tries to calm her heart. You've heard pretty voices on the phone before, she tries to tell herself. Blaming it on the coffee and lack of sleep, she focuses on the call. 'Yes, that's me. Look, this better be important because I'm in the middle of something very important.'

Biting her lip, Jungeun scratches the back of her neck. It's a nervous habit of hers. 'Yeh. Sorry. Your sister gave me this number and-'

'YOU SAW MY SISTER? YERIMIE? WHERE IS SHE?' Flinching at the loudness of the voice, she straightens her posture. 'Yeh, she's actually at my house. I found her earlier and-' 

'Where is your place, I'm coming to get her!' Frowning, Jungeun is becoming frustrated with this woman not letting her finish her sentences. 'I'm not sure it's the best idea to move her right now, as she's injured.' Bracing for another yell, Jungeun moves her phone slightly away from her ear. 'What?! I'm going to kill those bastards, I swear.' Jungeun feels a shudder going down her back at the venom dripping from Jinsol's voice. 

'I can't condone that but I can still give you my address if you want to check in on her.' A sigh is heard on the other side. 

Jinsol had been running around all night with her gang members, desperately trying to find her little sister. She's glad to hear that she's safe at least but she definitely had a score to settle with those morons for hurting her. Taking a deep breath, she tries to calm herself. She shouldn't be yelling at this stranger that was kind enough to care for her sister. Slowing down, she makes her way to her car.

'I'm sorry for yelling. I would like to come to see her. Thank you for taking care of her, it's very kind of you.' Jungeun blushes as she hears Jinsol's voice return to its low and velvety tone. 'I- It's nothing, really. I can't really ignore a patient in need.' Chuckling, Jinsol smiles and gets behind the wheel. Leave it to Yerim to somehow be saved by a doctor. 'Thank you regardless, doc. Could you text me your address? I'll drive over if you don't mind.' 

Jungeun giggles at the joking way Jinsol calls her doc. 'You can just call me Jungeun. I won't be sleeping anytime soon anyway. I'll text you the address.' Jinsol smiles. Jungeun is a pretty name, she thinks.

'Thanks, Jungeun.' She hangs up the phone and saves the number on her phone under 'Doctor Jungeun'. Barely a minute later, Jungeun sends her a text with her address and telling her to drive safely. Jinsol smiles, liking this doctor more and more.

Setting the address in her GPS, she's happy to see it's only a 15-minute drive from her current location. Speeding off, she can't wait to see her sister safe and sound.

 

* * *

 

Jungeun is grabbing a fresh icepack from her freezer for Yerim's ankle when there's a knock on the door. Closing her freezer, she walks to the door and slowly opens it, hoping it is indeed Jinsol like she thinks and not some random person knocking on her door at 5 am.

As soon as she opens the door, she's met with the most gorgeous woman she's ever seen. Jinsol is wearing her signature leather jacket, black hair draping over her shoulders and bangs dishevelled from rushing over. Jungeun's mouth falls open in awe. Blushing furiously she stares at the goddess standing in her doorstep. She really hopes this really is Jinsol.

Meanwhile, Jinsol is mildly amused with the starstruck girl in front of her. She smiles gently and waves at her. 'Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place, but are you Jungeun?' 

This manages to somewhat snap Jungeun out of her stupor. Nodding vigorously, she opens the door further so Jinsol can enter. 'Yeh! Yes, that's me. I'm Jungeun, haha.' Mentally smacking herself, she's glad Jinsol seems to find her behaviour amusing as she simply chuckles lowly and walks in further. 

'Well, Jungeun, before any pleasantries, could I please see my sister? I need to be sure she's safe.' Nodding, Jungeun moves to the kitchen, Jinsol on her heels. 'Of course, sorry. The fatigue must be getting to me.' Jungeun finds herself burning up and turns away from Jinsol to grab the icepack she left on the kitchen table earlier. 'I uhm, was about to go check on her and give her a new icepack.' This has Jinsol's face contort into a worried look.

'What happened to her?'

'I don't know the details but when she was being chased, she got pushed and hurt her ankle and leg. It's pretty bruised and due to the swelling I can't tell if it's broken or not for sure.' Jungeun watches as Jinsol's eyebrows arch up into a frown that vaguely resembles a Chinese character. She finds it rather endearing but shakes the thought out of her head. There are more important matters at hand.

'She's been asleep for the past 30 minutes so we might want to be quiet going into the guest room.' Nodding, Jinsol easily follows behind Jungeun. A little too close maybe as Jungeun finds herself trapped between Jinsol and the guestroom door when she turns back. Gasping, she looks up into Jinsol's eyes.

Both girls feel warm inside at their close proximity. Clearing , Jungeun opens the door and quickly steps towards the end of the bed to replace Yerim's ice pack and put some space between her and the alleged gang leader. She may be pretty, scratch that, she's gorgeous. But you don't know her and she's a gang leader according to her own sister! Get your together, Jungeun!

As Jungeun robotically changes out the ice pack while having an inner monologue, Jinsol walks up to the bed and sits down next to her sister's sleeping form.

She's relieved to see her sleeping soundly. Gently brushing some hair out of her face, she notices how puffy her eyes look. She must've been so scared. Jinsol frowns, blaming herself for all that's happened.

Jungeun gets up, holding the warm ice pack she just removed and replaced with the new one. Yerim didn't even stir as she worked on her ankle. That's a good sign, Jungeun notes. It means she's not in as much pain as she was before. The swelling has gone down with the help of the cooling process as well. Jungeun smiles as Jinsol leans over and kisses her sister's forehead before getting up and moving to the door.

Jungeun follows her out of the room and closes the door behind them, letting Yerim rest. As they walk to the living room, Jungeun stops near the kitchen and points at the ice pack in her hands. 'You can relax on the couch, I'll just put this away. Ehm, would you like something to drink?' Shaking her head, Jinsol smiles at Jungeun softly before moving to the couch.

 

* * *

Walking back into the living room, Jungeun braces herself for whatever talk she's about to have with Jinsol. She's too intimidated by the gang leader's beauty to function properly with the amount of fatigue clouding her head already.

Jinsol is sitting on the couch, leaning back and staring at the ceiling deep in thought. She'd quickly texted Sooyoung, her right-hand woman, to tell her to go after the ones that did this to Yerim. She herself is too tired and worried to properly go after them herself now. Protecting Yerim and paying back Jungeun's kindness is top priority right now.

As she senses Jungeun approach, she quickly sits up and clears , turning to the young doctor. She looks cute. Jinsol finally takes the time to look the girl over. She's wearing an oversized sweater and sweatpants, her hair up in a messy bun. Her brown eyes flicker between Jinsol's and the couch as she approaches. 

'I'm sorry if I was being rude earlier.' Jinsol finally speaks as Jungeun sits down next to her, leaving a decent amount of space between both girls. 'Yerim means a lot to me, she means the world to me. I hope you can forgive me.' Blushing, Jungeun nods up at her and smiles softly. 'Don't worry, from the way Yerim tried to protect you and spoke of you, I can tell you 2 are close.' 

This makes Jinsol frown cutely again. 'Protect me?' 

'She made me promise I wouldn't judge you 2 and wouldn't call the cops as she explained what happened for her to end up in the alley.' 

Jinsol's demeanour changes as she scratches the back of her neck and smiles. 'Ah, she must've told you about my eh, occupation?' She receives an amused nod in response. How could this girl be a gang leader?

'Well, I suppose you deserve an explanation and proper introduction. My name is Jung Jinsol, leader of the LOONA gang. Mainly it's just a bunch of girls I took under my wing. We're family and family takes care of each other.' Clearing and looking down at her feet, she continues in a softer voice. 'Yerim and I lost our parents during a gang fight in our old neighbourhood. I was old enough to protect us and get us out. I promised myself I'd protect Yerim and others in a position like ours. Somehow the girls decided I'd be their leader. We managed to get odd jobs and support each other, renting a place downtown for us all to live together.' 

Jungeun is impressed, this isn't at all what she expected. 'It's not like we're criminals! We just look out for our own and might occasionally have to beat some people up that hurt our family.' Jinsol looks up, smiling nervously at Jungeun. She finds herself scared for the doctor's reaction. She's been so kind until now but Jinsol knows better than anyone how badly a 'gang' can be viewed by the general public. Bracing herself for the worst, she looks the doctor in the eye, finding her having grown fond of her already.

'You're right, a family should stick together. I bet you have such a positive impact on all those girls' lives.' Lighting up, Jinsol smiles widely, causing Jungeun to blush again. 'Thanks! For everything. For helping Yerim and allowing me to come here and see her. And for... Thanks for not judging me.' Jungeun nods with a supportive smile and finds herself reaching out to place her hand on Jinsol's knee. She knows what it's like to be judged.

'I know better than to judge someone without getting to know them first.' Jinsol grabs her hand and squeezes it tightly. 'You want to get to know me, doc?' Laughing and blushing, Jungeun looks down at her lap. 'Well, if you're not planning on taking her to the hospital, I'll have to take care of her foot, right?' Chuckling, Jinsol decides to stop teasing the girl and nods. 

'I will take her to the hospital. As long as I can stay with her the whole time to make sure she's okay.' Jungeun nods. 'And if you promise to take care of her.' Looking back up, she meets Jinsol's soft expression. 

'I have a shift tomorrow afternoon, we can take her in then.' Jinsol quickly agrees and can't help but pull Jungeun into a tight hug. 'Thank you so much, Jungeun.' 

Oh no...

Jungeun relaxes into her embrace, inhaling deeply and blushing. She smells good and she's warm and kind and oh god I'm so very gay.

'It's eh, it's nothing really.'

Jinsol jumps up and looks down at her. 'It's everything! I am forever indebted to you. You have my number now, so anytime you need anything, give me a call and I'll be right there!' Smiling sweetly, Jinsol tilts her head at Jungeun. 'Ok. I will.' Satisfied with the soft answer, Jinsol leans back into the couch. 'You should go get some sleep. I'll stay here and keep an eye out if you don't mind. I never know when any of those bastards might follow me.' Jungeun blushes and coughs. The pretty girl is going to stay over? Oh gosh.

'I- Are you sure you don't want anything to drink or eat though?' Shaking her head, Jinsol simply gets comfortable and puts her hands behind her head. 'I'll be fine. I'm used to staying up to be a lookout. You need to sleep to be in tiptop condition to take care of Yerim and all your other patients tomorrow, doc!' Nodding, Jungeun can't contest that.

Sleepily, she drags herself out of the couch. 'Goodnight, Jungeun!' Jinsol's smile is contagious and Jungeun finds herself smiling back tiredly. 'Goodnight Jinsol.'

She shuffles to her bedroom door and passes out almost immediately as her head hits her pillow.

 

* * *

It's nearing noon when Jungeun finally manages to drag herself out of bed. Remembering her patient and guest, she opts for first taking a quick shower and getting dressed into something more decent. Once dressed and ready, she first checks on Yerim in the guest room. Softly knocking first, she slowly opens the door finding Yerim awake and looking around the room. Once she spots Jungeun at the door, she smiles widely, lighting up the room. I guess both sisters have pretty smiles. She shakes the thought away and greets the girl with a similarly vibrant smile.

'Good morning, Yerim. How are you feeling? Did you manage to sleep a bit?' Nodding, she stretches her arms above her head. 'I actually slept quite well! My foot still hurts when I try to move it though.' Nodding, Jungeun walks over to her foot to examine it. 'Well, it's of course still tender and bruised, but the swelling has reduced significantly. We'll make sure it's not broken once we get it examined properly at the hospital later.' Yerim sits up, hurting her foot in the process. 'You promised you wouldn't take me!' Seeing the girl tear up, Jungeun rushes over to her side and holds her hand gently.

'It's okay. Your sister will be with you. She's been here since last night, keeping an eye out and wants me to take you to the hospital today to get checked up, okay?' Nodding, Yerim rubs her eyes and smiles. 'Jinsol is here?' Jungeun chuckles and ruffles her hair. 'I'll go get her for you and get you some breakfast too, okay kiddo?' Yerim agrees eagerly. 'Thank you, Jungeun unnie.' 

Slipping away, Jungeun runs a hand through her hair and chuckles as she finds Jinsol sound asleep on her couch, limbs spread everywhere and mouth wide open. Very elegant.

Grabbing a blanket from her closet, she drapes it over Jinsol and tries to get her more comfortable on the couch. Once she's settled her, she takes a moment to admire the pretty gang leader. Rushing into the kitchen before she's noticed, she shakes her head and gets to cooking breakfast. She's lucky to have just done her groceries 2 days prior, meaning she had enough food to prepare for the 3 of them.

 

----------------

Author's note:

Just idk. twt wanted this, here it is, part 2 comin soon xD I have too much inspiration and too many thoughts on leather jacket jinsol on that damn train

Have a good day/night :3