Extra #1

Coffee Breaks (with Love)

- ⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝ -

E x t r a # 1.

- ⌞ ° • + • ° ⌟ -

 

"What??? Really?!"

"Hyung!! Not so loud!!"

"But this… this is… HAHAHA! This is amazing!"

"Aish, hyung!!"

Heechul wiped the tears from his eyes. "Ah, our Eunhyukkie… you're growing up so fast…"

Eunhyuk looked scandalized. "Hyung!" he whined. "You're acting as if I've never been in a relationship before!"

"I know, I know, but…!" Heechul began to laugh again, his expression clearly that of amazement. "With our Yesungie…?! I never thought… wow…!!"

Eunhyuk facepalmed. "I knew I should've told Teukie-hyung instead…"

"Jungsoo?? Ah, you shouldn't," Heechul remarked, waving his finger in a dismissive motion. "He's an old man. He won't be able to help you with anything." He then burst into laughter.

"...Your notion about me is quite touching, Heechul-ah," a new voice cut in, void of all emotion.

Eunhyuk and Heechul whipped their heads towards the source only to be greeted by Leeteuk's unamused expression as he stood staring at them in the open doorway.

"O—Oh, Jungsoo-ya!" Heechul exclaimed, stammering a bit as he stood up and gave his same-age friend a wave. "How nice to see you here!" He let out a nervous laugh. "Er… how long have you been listening…?"

"Long enough," Leeteuk replied simply. "You two were too engrossed in your conversation to even notice me."

"H—Hyung," Eunhyuk said anxiously, "e—even my…?"

This time, Leeteuk cracked a smile. "Yes, even your confession, Eunhyuk-ah."

Eunhyuk slapped his hands against his face, jaw open, looking very much like the famous Scream painting.

Heechul, on the other hand, looked fairly unfazed. "Well, it's not like Teukie will spread your secret around, right?"

"Yeah, but…!" Eunhyuk wanted to crawl into a hole at that moment. "It's embarrassing, hyung!"

Leeteuk laughed as he settled down on the couch next to Eunhyuk. Reaching out, he ruffled the younger's hair messily, earning him a muffled sound of protest. "Yah, why would you be embarrassed? We've known each other for more than a decade already, this punk," Leeteuk remarked affectionately. "And I'm happy for you, Eunhyuk-ah. I'm sure Yesung feels the same way, too."

Eunhyuk whirled his head towards Leeteuk, eyes wide. "Huh? How can you say that, hyung?"

Leeteuk blinked. "Well, because he adores you?"

"Doesn't make any difference. Yesung adores all those younger than him," Heechul interjected.

"But doesn't Yesung seem to like Eunhyuk more?" Leeteuk retorted.

"I don't know…" Heechul looked thoughtful for a moment. "He and Ryeowook seem pretty close."

"Aish, hyungs…" Eunhyuk said. "You're not helping…"

Leeteuk was silent for a moment. "Well, then instead of making assumptions… Why don't you ask him yourself, Eunhyuk-ah?"

"Huh?" Eunhyuk's eyes widened.

"Confess to him," Leeteuk said simply. "Tell him you like him. Go to a place where it's quiet enough that both of you can talk freely."

"Wait, wait!! Me??" Eunhyuk said in a panic. "Confess to Yesung-hyung?! Now???"

Leeteuk smiled. "When else are you going to tell him?"

"Yeah, go for it, anchovy," Heechul said as he whipped out his phone, intent on browsing through SNS. "Yesung would prefer it anyway if you told him face-to-face."

"But… But…!" Eunhyuk's cheeks were starting to turn pink. "Hyung won't take me seriously! And I can't talk to him seriously, either!"

"That's because both of you keep on pestering each other," Heechul retorted bluntly. "Yesung can be serious at times, so he's fine, but you, anchovy, you gotta keep your comments to yourself and show him your feelings sincerely."

"You know how Yesung is," Leeteuk added gently. "You have to talk things straight with him, otherwise he won't get it. So, you have to tell him and make sure he understands you, okay?"

"Wait a minute, wait a minute…" Eunhyuk said, his mind spinning. "Why, of all people to give me advice about my feelings, should it be you two?!"

"Why?" Heechul said, looking up from his phone. His expression seemed mildly offended. "Out of all of us, I'm the most experienced here! I've never been rejected my entire life," he boasted exaggeratedly.

Leeteuk sighed, but not unkindly. "Don't mind him… Eunhyuk-ah, just go for it once. If you want, Heechul and I will keep an eye on the conversation and intervene when necessary—"

Eunhyuk's eyes grew as wide as saucers. "What?! No, no… No! Don't! Ahh, that's so embarrassing!" he complained. "I'm not a kid, hyung!"

"But…" Leeteuk began.

"Well, it doesn't sound like a bad idea—" Heechul said at the same time.

"No!" Eunhyuk said, horrified. "Nonono! Don't you hyungs dare!"

"But look at the big picture, Eunhyuk-ah," Heechul started to reason excitedly. "If Teukie and I spy on your date—"

"No! You just wanna get some good gossip out of us!" Eunhyuk wailed, knowing his hyung all too well.

Heechul guffawed at that, slapping the couch as he threw his head back. Leeteuk, on the other hand, tried to remedy the situation.

"Eunhyuk-ah, if you don't want us to spy on you, then it's okay—"

"What do you mean, 'it's okay'?" Heechul interjected. "Teukie, we gotta help the younger ones out! As hyungs—"

"Aish, hyung!! No!" Eunhyuk said, frustrated as he stood up from his seat. "Teukie-hyung, don't let Heechul-hyung out of your sight later! I don't want him to interfere!"

Heechul couldn't resist a laugh. "Yah, don't worry, you punk! Teuk and I have schedules later. Hyung was just messing with you!"

Eunhyuk paused in his tracks, eyeing Heechul suspiciously. "Really?"

Heechul nodded reassuringly. "Yeah! Don't you trust your hyung?" he added teasingly.

Eunhyuk shook his head. "No."

"Ah, that hurts…!"

"Okay, okay, let's all calm down." Leeteuk nudged Heechul warningly. "Hyuk-ah, your stylist should be looking for you right now. You should finish your makeup before we start the shoot."

Eunhyuk nodded, still glancing at Heechul with slight suspicion in his eyes. "Okay… I trust you, hyung." Then he left the room, leaving the two oldest members sitting on the couch.

Leeteuk turned to Heechul who was looking at him innocently. "Hey, you shouldn't too much," he scolded. "He's being really serious about this."

Heechul shrugged his shoulders, a grin forming on his face. "Who says I was teasing?"

Leeteuk blinked. "Huh?"

"I lied. I don't have a schedule later," Heechul admitted, laughing loudly as an evil plan formed inside his mind. "I know you don't, too!"

"So?" Leeteuk narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Don't tell me…"

Heechul stood up and grabbed his hand, his grin already reaching his ears. "Let's spy on them!!"

"Huh?!"

"Come on! It'll be fun!!"

"No!" Leeteuk said, shaking his head. "I'll spend time with Shimkoong instead."

"What?! You'd rather pick your dog over me, your same-age friend?" Heechul exclaimed, making puppy-dog eyes at his leader.

Leeteuk looked unfazed, apparently used to Heechul's antics. "I'm not going with this crazy plan of yours."

"But Teukie…"

"No."

"Jungsoo-yaaaa…"

"I said NO."

"Please?"


-;-


"I don't know why I let you talk me into this…" Leeteuk grumbled to himself as they entered the shop with disguised appearances.

"Because you love me~" Heechul teased as he inconspicuously looked around for his dongsaengs. "Anyway, where are those two bastards sitting? I can't see them!"

Leeteuk squinted his eyes as he looked around as well. "Are you getting blind?" he said flatly. "They're sitting right there — wait, did Yesung just glance our way?!"

"What?! Yah, let's hurry up and find a table where we can't be seen!!"

"Yah, slow down!!"

"Be quiet!!"

The two kept on whispering harshly to each other as they settled in on a table where they could see Yesung and Eunhyuk talking. Suddenly, they quieted as they saw Eunhyuk grinning widely and then holding hands with Yesung.

Leeteuk and Heechul squealed.

"Wow, so exciting!" Leeteuk gushed. "Doesn't that mean Eunhyuk's confession succeeded?!"

"Of course! What else would it be?!" Heechul reached out and hugged Leeteuk out of happiness. "I'm so proud of them! My babies~"

"They're my babies, too!" Leeteuk said, laughing.

"Then they're our babies!" Heechul said, chuckling. "Does this mean we're their parents?"

Leeteuk shook his head, still smiling. "I wouldn't go that far… Besides, you'd make a bad mother."

Heechul stared at him, offended. "Yah, why am I the mother?! You fit that role much better than I do!"

Leeteuk looked like he was about to protest, but then he seemed to remember something. "Ah, right… Yeah, I should be the mother since you don't know how to cook…"

"Yah!" Heechul punched him in the shoulder playfully. "At least I'm a father who works hard for the children to live a good life, so that's fine." Heechul began to laugh. "But why are we suddenly talking about being a married couple? We really are crazy old men with nothing to do…"

"I don't mind," Leeteuk said simply as he sipped his drink. "If it's with you, it's fine."

"..." Heechul stared at him, jaw dropping open. "Hey… a—are you revealing your true feelings for me right now…?!"

Leeteuk looked up, then smiled teasingly. "What if I am?"

"!!!" Heechul pressed his palm against his heart, eyes wide. "Whoa! D—Don't say things like that! I might really b—believe it, you know…"

"You should believe me," Leeteuk said casually as he continued sipping his drink again. "I'm being sincere, after all. Besides, you did say earlier that you already know I love you, right?"

Heechul choked on his saliva, his ears turning red. "What?!"

Leeteuk couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed.

It's so fun to tease Heechul.


fin