Part IV

Coffee Breaks (with Love)

Eunhyuk sat at the dining table, staring at the blue paper bag placed at the center for the past few minutes. He didn't know why he felt afraid to open it; it wasn’t like Yesung placed a timebomb in there. However, there was still hesitance lingering inside him. Was this really a good idea? It didn’t seem like the right time to do this. He was still feeling guilty about Yesung, especially the way he approached things with him. He had been too excited, too happy by the fact that Yesung ‘confessed’ that he liked him too that he didn’t even bother asking more questions about it. He just accepted it all like an idiot.

But… that’s strange, Eunhyuk thought to himself absently, reaching out and playing with the blue ribbon tied around the strings of the paper bag. I’m sure that I told hyung back at that café that my feelings for him were the romantic kind… but he didn’t get it? Surely Yesung-hyung can’t be that oblivious… that’s ridiculous…

Unless… he wasn’t paying attention…

The thought of it stabbed him a bit. He had been sincere in his feelings at that time, and he had been nervous as hell. He had wanted to confess for a while ever since he realized his feelings, but fear was the one that held him back. Fear of rejection, fear of the unknown. Yesung was a good person, a great hyung to have, but Eunhyuk felt afraid of whatever the older’s reaction could’ve been. Yesung could be unpredictable at times, and it was no secret that he was hot-tempered in the past and tended to act in a way that they wouldn’t be able to expect. He was also weird at times, but even if Eunhyuk wouldn’t admit it, he liked that side of Yesung. It made him have his own character, and it was that strange charm of his that drew some people to him.

He had always thought that Yesung would at least take his feelings seriously, as Eunhyuk didn’t do that much often, but it turned out that Yesung wasn’t even interested in hearing him out in the first place.

Eunhyuk bit his lip as the hurt feeling settled in. He stood up instantly, scraping his chair backwards from the sudden action, and left the dining room without looking back at the paper bag. The gift could wait for now. He just couldn’t do it again today.


-;-


It was so cliché, but it was Eunhyuk's only plan in order to not let himself go crazy. And avoiding Yesung was the only solution at the moment, because if he acted like nothing ever happened between them, his mind would just go into overdrive. One could only go so far with pretending, and Eunhyuk wasn’t great at that sort of thing.

He was surrounded by Yesung almost everywhere. It was like he had no escape at all. Even though he tried his best to be professional, he just couldn’t stop himself from doing things he usually did with his hyung; teasing, poking, even going up to him while singing and lacing their pinkies together. He even managed to get a selca of them together.

It wasn’t supposed to be this hard, but Yesung was 100% the reason why Eunhyuk couldn’t even attempt to avoid him. After he confessed for the second time and Yesung finally understood his feelings, it seemed like the man went back to how they had been back in their 8th album promotions. Eunhyuk wanted to wail at how casual and effortless Yesung acted around him. It was like nothing ever happened between them and everything was back to normal! How did he do it?

Is it because he doesn’t care at all? Eunhyuk thought to himself. They do say that the opposite of love is indifference… but…

For Eunhyuk, Yesung was the kind of person who didn’t think twice about saying what he was thinking as long as he felt strongly about it. However, Yesung also tended to be like Leeteuk at times; quiet, unassuming, and waits for the right time while thinking of the right words to say. It was both frustrating and scary for Eunhyuk since he didn’t know what his hyung was thinking. It would’ve been better if Yesung had the kind of personality Heechul had. At least Heechul was always vocal about his feelings and didn’t go around beating the bush. That was why he and Leeteuk were polar opposites.

I don’t know what to do or act in this kind of situation… but I really am going to ignore him this time! Eunhyuk vowed to himself silently as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

He had been doing his best to avoid looking at Yesung coddling Donghae for the past few minutes. He tried looking at everything else except where the two of them were; he glanced at Leeteuk who was busy fiddling with his microphone, and he chanced a glimpse at Kyuhyun, who was smiling softly as he gazed at the crowd while saying something. The fact that they still had fans even at their age was never going to be not touching for them. Eunhyuk was always grateful and always sorry.

Time to forget about Yesung-hyung once and for all… and focus on ELFs.

When he realized that the back of his shoe was starting to flatten downwards, he lifted his left leg and hiked it up casually. He heard a slight commotion coming from his right, but he figured that it was probably Yesung and Donghae again, so he ignored it, but when he straightened up after fixing his shoe, a figure suddenly came barreling towards him.

Reflexively, Eunhyuk extended his arm around the person's slim waist and helped him balance himself. However, he didn't expect three things: that the guy would support himself by throwing his arms around Eunhyuk's neck, that the guy suddenly stopped in his tracks and stared at him in shock, and that the guy in question was the same guy who he wanted to avoid so badly.

Both of them didn’t say anything, only stared at each other with varying degrees of surprise on their faces. Yesung looked openly shocked, his lips parted slightly as he gazed right at Eunhyuk’s own. The latter, on the other hand, kept his expression as calm as possible, his eyes the only thing that gave away his surprise. He then averted his gaze to the side, the awkwardness rising inside him as he couldn’t bear staring at Yesung’s eyes for long.

And then, quickly enough — too fast for Eunhyuk’s liking, something that he couldn’t bring himself to admit — Yesung let go of him and started to walk away.

Something in Eunhyuk’s mind nagged at him, and without thinking, he reached out and poked Yesung at the side of his waist. The older yelped in surprise, his squeak sounding like music to Eunhyuk’s ears, and finally they smiled at each other as Yesung managed a chuckle before going away. Eunhyuk turned back to the crowd, already missing the feel of his hyung’s arms around his neck.

Blushing, he quickly absolved that thought before it could go any further. Their close position earlier reminded him of the time he blatantly kissed Yesung and he would rather not reminisce that embarrassing moment again.

As the concert went on, he went back to his normal self, having fun on stage and interacting with the fans. He even did his best not to mind when Yesung hugged him from behind, when Yesung crept up to him while taking a selca. He didn’t mind them all.

It wasn’t until he got home later that night and scrolled through photos taken by fans that he saw all of their moments together, especially the one where he was oblivious as he talked to fans, Yesung gazing at him intensely from behind.

Maybe he did mind, after all.

Damn that hyung.


-;-


“What’s happening now?” Ryeowook sighed as he leaned the side of his head against his fist, arm propped up against the table.

“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk said innocently as he kept on browsing through his SNS.

Ryeowook frowned, always the intuitive one. “Did something happen again between you and Yesung-hyung?”

“What makes you say that?”

“Don’t try to steer around the subject, Hyukkie-hyung,” Ryeowook pointed out. “Something’s different again.”

Heechul, who was playing games on his phone nearby, whipped his head towards the two of them, looking surprised and intrigued at their conversation. “Did you and Jongwoon have a fight again? Oh man.” He threw his head back and laughed. “Ah, young love~ always fighting~”

Without meaning to, Eunhyuk blushed a deep red, and when he tried to will it away, he could practically feel his ears burning instead. “I—It’s not like that! C’mon…” he complained. He really didn’t want to have this kind of conversation with his nosy members.

“Then what is it?” Ryeowook pressed. He had always been the stubborn one, too. “Last time it was Yesung-hyung who seemed distant, but now it’s you. Gosh, now I feel bad for hyung.”

Eunhyuk pressed his lips together in a thin line, trying not to show too much of his emotions. “We’re both acting normally!” he defended.

“Hate to say this, but I gotta agree with Ryeong~” Heechul interjected with a grin. “I’m not here that often but I can see that you’re trying your best to avoid Yesung. Why’s that, Hyukkie?” Heechul’s expression then turned into a mischievous one. “Are you sulking at him? Aww, so cute!”

Eunhyuk blushed again, but this time it was out of indignation. “I am not sulking!” he complained, wanting to pout but he knew that that would only fuel Heechul’s teasing further. “I’m just… kinda mad at him for something… it’s — it’s not a big deal, alright?!”

Heechul raised his arms as a form of surrender. “Whoa, whoa, okay!” He let out a hearty laugh, clearly enjoying Eunhyuk’s misery and embarrassment. “I get it, I get it. It’s just another one of those love spats. Don’t worry, you’ll make up soon. Or rather…” Heechul sent him a knowing smile. “...Yesung will be the first one to apologize, anyway.”

“What?” Eunhyuk blinked in confusion. “But hyung hasn’t done anything wrong…” he said meekly.

“You’ll know soon.” Heechul snickered. “I think it’ll be quite an exciting apology… ahh~ Hyukkie, why are you suddenly blushing? Omo, what are you thinking about?! HAHAHA!”

“AISH, HYUNG!!!


-;-


♪·¯·♫ Oh, I found you~

Flightless bird ♪·¯·♫

Eunhyuk had never considered it before, but because he began going to cafés with Yesung, he started to appreciate the place more. It was quiet most of the time, and there was always something to look at — like the beautiful paintings, the homey interior, the people chattering with each other. The smell of food and coffee was heavenly and inviting, and it was the perfect place to be in when you wanted to be alone with your thoughts.

Once more, the memory of him impulsively kissing Yesung came to mind. Now that the hurt, the confusion, and the anger were gone, he deeply regretted his past action. It was so embarrassing, and so out of the blue, he was surprised that Yesung didn't even smack him for it.

Burying his face with his hands, Eunhyuk groaned. He went here to clear his mind of thoughts about his hyung, but it turned out that that in itself was unavoidable. He was in a café, drinking coffee, eating pastries, and he was even about to be tempted to take a selca — god, he was beginning to turn into Yesung! What a nightmare!

Eunhyuk groaned for what seemed to be the thousandth time when a shadow suddenly fell upon him. He noticed it instantly because the light source was facing towards him, and it was nearing sunset already, so it was obvious if someone passed by or even stood centimeters away from him.

When Eunhyuk raised his head, his surprised gaze met with Yesung's dark, unreadable ones.

Suddenly, his breath caught in his throat. "Hyung?" he exclaimed, unconsciously pressing a hand to his chest in shock. "Ah, you surprised me so suddenly! What are you doing here?"

The impassive expression on Yesung's face faded as he smiled at him, his features slowly becoming brighter. "I should be the one asking you that," he said casually, sitting on the empty seat in front of him. "What brings you to a café of all places, Hyukjae-ya?"

Eunhyuk's cheeks started to burn with embarrassment, but he tried not to let it show. "Eyy, what are you saying?" he said, laughing. "Can't I come here? Are you the only one who's allowed?"

Yesung frowned, but Eunhyuk could tell that his hyung was just playing along with him. "I just asked a simple question, and here you are attacking me again..."

"That's because hyung is starting to talk nonsense again," Eunhyuk pressed more, always loving it whenever he teased Yesung.

"Yah, does your heart feel good when you say things like that? Do you even think back about it when you get home?" Yesung retorted, swiftly stealing Eunhyuk's iced cappuccino and drinking from the straw like there was nothing wrong about it.

Eunhyuk sputtered. "Aish, hyung!" he complained. "Get your own!" He tried to take back his iced coffee, but his hand stopped mid-action hesitantly when his gaze locked with Yesung's.

“...” Eunhyuk’s mouth opened to speak, but the words wouldn’t come out. He suddenly felt trapped against that gaze, one so intense that his throat was starting to feel dry. He swallowed, trying to soothe the feeling when Yesung suddenly spoke, breaking the tense silence between them.

“You can have it back,” Yesung said smoothly, holding out the glass towards Eunhyuk’s mouth and gesturing for him to drink.

Wait, what?

Eunhyuk forced a calm expression on his face as he took a tissue paper and attempted to wipe off the saliva from the straw.

But instead of getting annoyed at his blatant act of disgust, Yesung just smirked as if he was about to let out a chuckle. Then, to Eunhyuk's surprise, Yesung reached out to him with his free hand and cupped his cheek gently.

Eunhyuk was so startled that he dropped the tissue he was holding. "H—Hyung…?" he stammered, his heart beginning to pound so loudly that he was almost afraid Yesung would hear it.

But Yesung said nothing and only guided Eunhyuk towards the drink, and the latter obeyed, sipping from the straw and tasting the suddenly sweet coffee that filled his mouth.

That's funny… he thought to himself as he went into a trance, staring at Yesung's deep gaze. I didn't even add sugar to my coffee…

Yet it tastes… so sweet…

Eunhyuk wanted to hide himself in a hole at how cringey his thoughts were becoming. He really was becoming an idiot in love no matter how much he tried to deny it.

And Yesung wasn't helping, either. If the man didn't like him back, he should stop doing this kind of thing. It was bad for the heart!

Eunhyuk could still feel the warmth of Yesung's palm against his cheek and willed his blush to go away. If he made his feelings obvious again, there was a possibility that Yesung would become uncomfortable with him and Eunhyuk didn't want that to happen. He'd rather have Yesung back as an older brother than risk losing whatever they had.

"...Hyuk-ah."

Yesung's low voice snapped Eunhyuk out of his thoughts. The latter reflexively pulled away from the older’s grasp, causing Yesung's hand to disappear from his cheek. He already missed the warm feeling it gave.

Ah… it was becoming dangerous already. He wanted more. He craved more. He'd be happy even with just holding Yesung's hand again.

But the little things were enough.

Because if he started expecting more, he'd only end up in pain. Not only him, but Yesung, too. It was selfish.

"S—Sorry, hyung," Eunhyuk suddenly said, instantly standing up from his seat. "I… think I need to go to the restroom for a bit."

Eunhyuk turned his back and started to walk away.

"Hyukjae."

Yesung's voice almost made him pause in his tracks, but Eunhyuk forced himself to keep on walking as if he didn't hear the other man.

He was about to disappear into the corner when he heard Yesung speak once more.

"Lee Hyukjae… if you don't turn around…"

There was a threatening undertone to Yesung's voice this time, but there was also an eerie calmness to it that sent chills down Eunhyuk's spine. He swallowed the lump in his throat and debated whether or not to turn around and face his hyung.

However, his hesitance won out and he hurried towards the direction of the restroom. He couldn't seem to think straight anymore. He needed space to think properly and to try to resolve this.

He didn't know why Yesung was suddenly being like this, but it was starting to scare him.


-;-


Okay, Hyukjae… Take deep breaths… Eunhyuk chanted to himself over and over as he breathed in gulps of air inside the bathroom stall. If hyung is mad about something, I should talk it out with him… Hyung has never hurt me and he'd never do that anyway, so what am I so scared of…?

"OK… I can do this!" Eunhyuk assured himself, exhaling a puff of air to increase whatever confidence he had left. "Who am I? I'm the world-class anchovy! I'm a handsome jewel! My fans love me! Yeah!" he rambled on, telling himself more nonsense as he opened the door and began to walk out of the stall.

"GYAAAH!!" Eunhyuk suddenly screamed in shock.

There, standing in front of him, was Yesung in all his glory, still harboring that intense gaze in his eyes.

"How long have you been standing there, hyung?!" Eunhyuk wailed. "I almost had a heart attack because of you, aish… So suddenly…!"

When Eunhyuk tried to calm himself down, Yesung still didn’t say anything, only looking downwards at him with his unwavering stare. Since Yesung was taller than him, Eunhyuk suddenly felt so small in comparison despite their height difference not having that big of a gap. Maybe it was the way Yesung held himself, the way his posture was effortlessly straight and the way his aura seemed to exude dominance. It didn't help that the top buttons of his collar were ed, too, exposing a bit of his neck down to the topmost part of his chest. It was distracting.

Eunhyuk swallowed. The air was suddenly so heavy, so thick with tension. It was as if something was about to happen, but he didn't know what.

They had never been in this kind of position before. Everything had always been light with them, even with their constant arm-wrestling competitions in the past as well as Eunhyuk's relentless teasing and Yesung’s occasional displays of affection. Sure, they had some intimate acts of skinship before, but all of that was either for the sake of fanservice or for the fun of it. Or either Yesung or Eunhyuk was probably feeling like cuddling someone in those times. It wasn't that serious.

But this time, it felt different. So, so different. It was all so new and so foreign that Eunhyuk honestly had no idea what to do.

"Hyung…" he whispered. "S—Say something, will you…?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Eunhyuk let out a squeak as he was suddenly backed against the wall, Yesung's right hand slamming on the brick above his head. Yesung stared down at him, still not saying anything, but he leaned in closer. So close that his hot breath was fanning against Eunhyuk's cheek.

"Hyung?!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, suddenly feeling like he was a rabbit being caged by a domineering lion.

There was silence between them for a moment, and Eunhyuk could only hear the rapid pounding of his heart.

"Hyukjae-ya…" Yesung's voice was deep and quiet yet soft at the same time.

Eunhyuk swallowed. He couldn't even count the times his throat went dry just because of this enigmatic man. "Y—Yes…?"

"You've been avoiding me," Yesung said bluntly, not moving away even an inch. "Why?"

"U—Uh?" Eunhyuk responded dumbly. "What do you mean 'why'? Of course it's because I'm being considerate towards you!"

Yesung pursed his lips. "Considerate…? In what way?"

It was starting to get oddly uncomfortable. It was as if there was something electric in the air, gluing him in place and rendering his tongue frozen. Eunhyuk could practically feel the warmth growing in the small space between them, their close proximity causing their body heat to envelop them both.

Eunhyuk restrained the urge to wipe off the sweat from his brow and replied, "Be—Because hyung doesn't feel the same way."

He hated how his voice suddenly became small. It was a sign of weakness and vulnerability, one that he didn't want to show in front of Yesung. "And I don't want to hurt myself by chasing after an unrequited love. B—But!" He started blabbering. "I don't mean to avoid you forever, hyung! It’s just for a while, just a bit of time for me to get over you and move on. I… don't want to ruin our friendship. I don't want us to be awkward, so I…" Eunhyuk gulped as Yesung's stare seemed to be even more piercing than before. "I… I'm sorry."

"...Why do you sound so scared?" Yesung's sudden light chuckle cleared a bit of the tension between them. "I'm not going to hurt you, Hyuk-ah."

Eunhyuk started to pout, but his heart was still beating fast. "I—I know that!" he retorted, his voice beginning to sound back to normal. "I just… well, you're acting weird, hyung. And why are you doing this kind of cheesy thing to me anyways? Do I look like a girl to you?" Eunhyuk joked to lighten up the mood, but the laugh that came out of his lips sounded awkward and nervous. He cursed himself internally.

Yesung was quiet for a moment. "No, you're not," he replied simply, reaching out with his free hand to take hold of Eunhyuk's chin. "But, Hyukjae-ya… whatever made you think that I don't feel the same way?"

Eunhyuk's jaw dropped open. "Huh?"

So suddenly?? What??

"I said," Yesung repeated patiently, leaning towards him even closer than before until their noses started to touch, "whatever made you think that I don't feel the same way?"

“Huh??” Eunhyuk said, still dumbfounded. Everything was suddenly very difficult to process due to the absurdity of it all. Of course Yesung didn’t like him back, he said so himself—

Wait. Wait a second.

When did Yesung ever say he didn’t like him...?


✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

•┈••✦ FLASHBACK ✦••┈•

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«


“I’m going to do it today!” Eunhyuk told himself in determination as he lunged for the paper bag that had been on his dining table for days already. “No more chickening out!!”

When he grabbed a hold of the item, he hurriedly untied the blue ribbon and opened the bag. When he fumbled inside, he felt something similar to a notebook in his hand and grabbed it.

What met his eyes was a clean-looking hardbound book that seemed heavy enough to be a scrapbook. No wonder the paper bag seemed to bear weight. Eunhyuk had reckoned that it could be because of the packaging, but he was wrong.

Fingers trembling in anticipation, he opened it and his breath caught in his throat.

It was well-known among their members as well as their fans that Yesung was fond of taking pictures, especially selcas. Donghae and Ryeowook had once stolen Yesung’s phone in the waiting room and was blown away by the amount of pictures in his gallery app. At the time, Eunhyuk thought that taking that many pictures seemed too much like a hassle and a waste of good storage space. Granted, Eunhyuk liked taking selcas too, but not that often compared to his hyung. And most of the time Yesung just took pictures of himself and of the sceneries around him. Everything just seemed to be all the same.

But now, he started to understand why.

The scrapbook Yesung made for him was full of memories. Full of photos, full of smiles, of laughter, of teasings. There were shots of Super Junior, of their families together, of their friends. Eunhyuk was on every single one of them, and there were so many. Yesung even took the effort to label them all with their respective dates.

And then, when there were only a few pages left, suddenly it was full of pictures of him and Yesung.

 

JzZOXXtVODzcnBrR4c91eK16MkBe7xOoOtXllFB3fqLFCsTgbypeblA5cb_tyr6zy5gMB7YbRyhkhe9AzsXVQnhCF2s4p5NmDbeDn7pOseSMDBQcni9xoVRk88EOGswiACLALaRN

07.08.2012. From U.

 

Tc0x-NmWly713ugwRVJb4-KXncGBf4vdhhmsALSP7j5grYgjZpiyfGlMOczRG7Mrxfsgj1ZtBZrVUNDe3SZjTQCCA_yyCL_fJgiqiTTcpMahwG2TDn7ZtXHX03SJ3lAg4hupm-12

11.09.2017. One More Chance.

 

8XM9S31KdePKPV_tgZvv9Z8UeFph4w6cJKzdWthhRpR4d1TtCbyBQwVWUJIpjbUGwf1wwpLBMRauZUkuFNDgtTiXuKS3ZUG2ywSW1D0sycBGMdEcJEFedaotXYG5Tat-dXuRFJOH

02.23.2018. We Lived Together.

 

And at the end of the book was a simple note.

 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

To Hyukjae,

Happy birthday!

From your Yesung-hyung

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

 

Eunhyuk’s mind paused for a moment. Usually, whenever Yesung wrote them short letters like this on any member’s birthday, he’d always refer to them as either his beloved hyung or his precious dongsaeng. But in his case, Yesung used his real name without any cutesy label or any cringey alteration. Heck, he didn’t even call him Monkey or Jerry! That in itself was surprising.

“Your Yesung-hyung…?” Eunhyuk read out loud, already feeling his ears burning. “What the heck is this hyung on about?? Ahhh, so cheesy!!” He slammed the note on the table and drew his hand back as if it electrocuted him. “What’s with him, sheesh… giving me a scrapbook of all things…" He managed a nervous laugh as he tried to quell all his emotions. "Yesung-hyung should know that I don't like corny things like this… aahhh, so awkward… It would've been better if he gave me dozens of cup noodle packs though…"

For the rest of the day, Eunhyuk tried to clear his mind of Yesung, but it was no use. He kept on thinking about him, about the thoughtful gift, the song he composed, the affectionate gestures he kept giving him. It was starting to drive him crazy.

He gave the gift to me before I confessed to him… Eunhyuk thought to himself as he sat down and pressed his fingers to his temple, the open scrapbook lying on his lap. I don't know what this means.

But that song he wrote for me…

 

“We’ve been through hard times together

In my moments of need, you were there

We’ve always been like a family

Even if we don’t share the same blood,

We are connected like siblings.”

 

Eunhyuk could still remember the time when he read those lyrics. The mixed feelings he felt were eating at him; he was touched that Yesung thought of him like a real family, but he was also disappointed that that was all he ever amounted to. There were no romantic connotations or any hints that Yesung felt the same way for him.

But making this kind of gift for me… Eunhyuk thought to himself as he closed the scrapbook. He's never done this kind of thing to the other members. Not even to his own real brother.

What am I to him, really?

Am I a friend? A brother?

A possible lover...?


✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«


 

He never did say… that he didn't like me.

 

Eunhyuk’s lips trembled slightly as they parted for him to speak. “Hyung…” he said breathily, “...stop…"

Yesung tilted his head, a ghost of a smile curving his lips. "Why?" he asked simply.

Eunhyuk gulped, his whole body tensing. "It… It feels like you're going to kiss me."

"That's because I am," Yesung responded casually as if he were talking about the weather.

All the blood rushed to Eunhyuk’s face. “E—Excuse me?!” he exclaimed in shock, reflexively moving closer towards Yesung and causing their noses to bump into each other once more.

Eunhyuk suddenly remembered the time he kissed Yesung.

And suddenly, it didn’t feel so embarrassing anymore.

In fact…

...the thought almost seemed quite tempting…?

“I’m going to kiss you,” Yesung repeated before he swooped down and claimed Eunhyuk’s lips.

Something burst inside Eunhyuk’s chest the moment they connected, like a rush of hot air tingling from his lungs and proceeding to spread all over his body. His heart was hammering inside his ribcage and he clenched his fists against Yesung’s clothing, his eyes automatically closing on reflex.

There was a tenderness to the way Yesung nipped at his upper lip, the smoothness there and proceeding to envelop it with his mouth. Eunhyuk gasped quietly in response, causing Yesung to slide his tongue inside.

Eunhyuk rattled back in shock, not expecting the intensity, but he was already flattened against the wall, so he clutched Yesung to him tighter, letting the older do whatever he wanted with him. Soon, Yesung pulled him closer, his fingers tangling themselves in Eunhyuk's hair as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss. Eunhyuk's hands loosened from Yesung's clothes and he wrapped his arms around the older's neck, responding back with the same intensity as all his hesitance flew out the window.

When they pulled away to catch their breaths, they stared at each other, panting. Eunhyuk buried his face in Yesung's neck, feeling his face burn from all the excitement and embarrassment. He could still feel the residues of warmth in his mouth from their tongues dancing together, causing him to tighten his embrace as he willed himself to forget.

Yesung let out a low chuckle. "Was that a good enough answer for you, Hyukkie?"

"Hyung!!" Eunhyuk said, scandalized, as he slowly regained his sanity. "Why did — why did you have to do that!!"

Yesung pouted, holding Eunhyuk to him closer, eliciting a squeak from the younger. "Why not? I kept on wanting to do it for weeks." He then lowered his voice as he whispered into Eunhyuk's ear. "Especially after you kissed me like that. We didn't get a chance to take it to the next level, did we—"

"Nonononono! Stop, stop!!" Eunhyuk was tomato-red now as he pushed Yesung away. "Don't talk about that ever again! It's so embarrassing!"

Yesung's loud laugh reverberated in the surroundings. "Ahh, so cute~" he crooned, reaching out and pinching Eunhyuk's cheek. "This is one of the reasons why you're my favorite."

Eunhyuk swatted away his hyung's hand. "Don't treat me like a kid…"

Yesung laughed again, and it was like music to Eunhyuk's ears. Oh, how he loved hearing his hyung's laugh. "Okay, okay, I get it. Let's go, then." He gently took hold of Eunhyuk's arm and led him out of the stall. "Good thing nobody went inside, right?"

Eunhyuk reddened further, completely forgetting about the fact that they had been kissing in a public place. "Aish, hyung!!" he wailed, burying his face in his free hand. He swore that he would never submit so easily to his hyung ever again. He still had his pride!

Yesung took that opportunity to place an arm around Eunhyuk's shoulders, pulling the younger to him almost protectively.

Eunhyuk cursed to himself weakly as he let himself be led away.

I guess my pride disappeared, after all...


tbc